• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I think it's something like that as well, I can clearly understand my name also, when they say it. Not perfect, but it is clearly my name based on how the words sounded when I typed them.
I've got one of my alternate accounts named Jeanette and it sounds adorable coming out of Isabelle.
Meanwhile nobody in my village seems to know how to pronounce Uber or UberTag.

I'm heading to the mall to see if I can spot a New Leaf XL for my second town those things are not easy to find so I don't expect to be successful but maybe I'll get some streetpass

jasonng

EYjYs7G.png

Hahaha, this game produces so many wonderful moments.

zroid

Banned
lol, King Kamehameha is really hard to spot :\

actually, if it weren't for the fact that the other three pieces available are definite fakes, I'd have thought K.K. was a fake too.

SmithnCo

I need to two alpine things to complete the set:

Alpine Chair
Alpine Tile

Willing to pay 30k each or trade. I have the whole modern series.

Do I still have time to get the fish/bugs/plants that only appear until June? Because I just got some Sea Grapes and the wiki states that those start appearing during July. Just wondering if I still have time to get those fish that were on the picture in this thread yesterday.

I started laying down paths today and I REALLY like the turnout. Finished most of the northern part of town and some of the southern part. The whole western side is still lacking, though. My plan is to plant bushes around the paths as well as street lights. Here's what I've done so far:

tumblr_mowiij7PN31svgayqo1_400.jpg

Soo pretty

But I think I screwed up. I should probably have placed the street lights BEFORE I planted the bushes. That will probably cause some issues in placing them and I might have to dig up some bushes. Urgh. Oh well.
Just so you know, most of those trees on the path are going to die - they'e too close together.

Any tree you plant must have the surrounding 8 squares clear - they can't be next to another tree, rock, building, obstacle, cliff, or body of water.

Flowers and paths are fine though.

Jofamo

Quick question for you guys. The default fruit that you find on the Island the first time (mine was lemons), can they randomly grow to be perfect fruit, because it's basically another space for you to mess about with, and it's native to that island?

Also, the valuable bugs that appear after 7pm there. Can they appear on your palm trees at home as well? Or are they island exclusive?

SmithnCo

Just so you know, most of those trees on the path are going to die - they'e too close together.

Any tree you plant must have the surrounding 8 squares clear - they can't be next to another tree, rock, building, obstacle, cliff, or body of water.

I think they're bushes, like from the island. You can place those side-by-side.

Those look like the bushes you can buy. Which I have not had much luck with for some reason. They keep dying...

I successfully reached 20K at Happy Homes.
Which gives me an excuse to finally expand my house again.

btw, I have a crown at the Able shop, but I don't think I'll be buying one for the time being.
I get home around 4:30pm, so if anyone wants to buy it from the shop, PM me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Quick question for you guys. The default fruit that you find on the Island the first time (mine was lemons), can they randomly grow to be perfect fruit, because it's basically another space for you to mess about with, and it's native to that island?

Also, the valuable bugs that appear after 7pm there. Can they appear on your palm trees at home as well? Or are they island exclusive?

yes, natives can grow perfect and you can then plant those to make a perfect tree. But perfect trees will only give you a few harvests, so save some fruit to replant

edit: doh sorry - island. Then Dandy is right

No. Only the basic native fruit in your town can grow to be perfect. Island fruits don't have perfect variants.

The bugs are available at home during summer months, but the island is compact and available year-round which is why it is far better for bettle hunting.

Iacobellis

I successfully reached 20K at Happy Homes.
Which gives me an excuse to finally expand my house again.

btw, I have a crown at the Able shop, but I don't think I'll be buying one for the time being.
I get home around 4:30pm, so if anyone wants to buy it from the shop, PM me.

How do we check our HHA score? In previous games, they would send a letter each day. I've only gotten a couple in the past two weeks.

teeny

Is there a downside to planting flowers on the beach? Do they wither quicker or anything? If not, it's probably the safest place for creating hybrids.

How do we check our HHA score? In previous games, they would send a letter each day. I've only gotten a couple in the past two weeks.

Speak to Lyle at Nook's Homes (the guy at the desk who often says "bang"). He'll give you the most recent score since 6am and compliments on your decorations.

Mendoza

I need to two alpine things to complete the set:

Alpine Chair
Alpine Tile

Willing to pay 30k each or trade. I have the whole modern series.

I have the Alpine Chair. I'll take any Minimalist items that aren't Ottoman and Table. Of not 30k will do nicely.

I read some recommendations in this thread before how to setup your island for optimal beetle hunting but can't find it anymore. Anyone have some advice?

Should I cut down trees, plant new ones?

MicH

I think they're bushes, like from the island. You can place those side-by-side.
Yup, they're bushes. If you look closely in the background you can see I have some fully grown ones.

I have had zero bushes die so far (and some were squished right up against trees) so I hope these will be fine. I did plant some right against a stone, so I'm not too sure about those

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I read some recommendations in this thread before how to setup your island for optimal beetle hunting but can't find it anymore. Anyone have some advice?

Should I cut down trees, plant new ones?

For mine, I got rid of all the bushes and flowers, left one tree in the center, and cut down all the palms except 3 on the left and 3 on the right (starting from the top).

Morokh

Dream Suite, Nooklings closed for renovation tomorrow and Kicks starter construction ! Good day !

But still no QR machine (but she is a bit more chatty every day ...)

Now is there a way to have a pixel per pixel image of a QR code pattern so you can copy it ?

I'd love to make this pattern that is the same that the one in the game but with some borders : http://codecrossing.tumblr.com/day/2013/04/14/

afoni

Banned
What kind of bug items?

The ones from the bug-off. These are the ones I have:

I currently have:

Snail Clock
Spiderweb Clock
Small Butterfly Table
Cicada Stereo
Honeybee Drawers
Firefly Lamp
Caterpillar Sofa
Ladybug Stool

If you have any of the others, I'll trade the wardrobe for it.

Iacobellis

Dream Suite, Nooklings closed for renovation tomorrow and Kicks starter construction ! Good day !

But still no QR machine (but she is a bit more chatty every day ...)

Now is there a way to have a pixel per pixel image of a QR code pattern so you can copy it ?

I'd love to make this pattern that is the same that the one in the game but with some borders : http://codecrossing.tumblr.com/day/2013/04/14/

The pattern gets copied into your designs, so I think you can freely edit them afterwards.

Iacobellis

The ones from the bug-off. These are the ones I have:

I currently have:

Snail Clock
Spiderweb Clock
Small Butterfly Table
Cicada Stereo
Honeybee Drawers
Firefly Lamp
Caterpillar Sofa
Ladybug Stool

If you have any of the others, I'll trade the wardrobe for it.

All I have is a Cicada Stereo. :(

I'll pay you for the wardrobe if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom