• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I put on my Samus hat I have been tripping while running. This never happened when wearing Majora's mask. Every time it happens I can't help but think "why can't metriod crawl."

Also, Reggie just showed up on my HH Showcase via spot pass. It is the same house that was in the video Nintendo did the other week so I guess it is legit. Now to see if I can steal his sheets.

Frolow

Banned
tumblr_mowiij7PN31svgayqo1_400.jpg

You still have the QR code for the pathways? Wouldn't mind placing some in my town.

Chopper

Augh, I just don't know how to arrange my trees.
I know what you mean. It's a nightmare. And the fact that axes are so hard to find make it a real ball-ache.

Just did a beetle run with a 16 year old French girl. Not sure if Club Tortimer is for me...

Also, can someone post that image that shows the species of bug and fish that'll be gone next month?

Iacobellis

I know what you mean. It's a nightmare. And the fact that axes are so hard to find make it a real ball-ache.

Just did a beetle run with a 16 year old French girl. Not sure if Club Torturer is for me...

Also, can someone post that image that shows the species of bug and fish that'll be gone next month?

tumblr_motpkvJzGu1sp8elno1_500.png

I read on several forums that you couldn't, anyone with the QR machine can confirm ?

If you just read someones elses QR code with the machine, no you can not edit it. There's a way around this though. The qr tool thats been posted here a few times.(Its called Uber animal crossing qr tool) can get around this. First you make a QR code of your own with the abel sisters machine, save it to the 3ds and then you open that qr code with the tool/app on your computer. It'll read you your town name, author name and a special ID which dictates who's pattern it is. Save all the info as default and then load up any image you want, create a qr code that you can then read with the machine in abel sister shop and bam, the game considers it your own design and it lets you edit it. Ofcourse don't plagiarize some elses work with this!

On another note, today my turnips are being bought for 143 bells. Which is well over double of what they were being bought for the same time last week. Hopefully this trend continues!(even though I didn't buy turnips this week, It'd be nice to have some traffic through my town :p)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any tips into catching char? IDK what it means about the Under waterfall stuff since I never see fish there.

tumblr_mouytilvmD1sx27qzo1_500.png

EDIT: Re Tail paying only 72 for turnips today T_T

rocketobear

Neo Member
Any tips into catching char? IDK what it means about the Under waterfall stuff since I never see fish there.

I caught mine under the waterfall that separates the beach. I've only seen it once though. I never caught a char from the other waterfall, so iduno if it spawns there too.

Roto13

Visited my friend's town. Turns out he's a filthy time traveler. Got a haircut and the only thing that changed was the colour, from brown to black. :p

MicH

So fellow hybridGAFfers. Is it just me or are the yellow violets absolutely useless? You can only get blue violets by combing purple and white ones, right?

UberTag

Violin beetle and a Char for me.

Can you get the Violin beetle on the island?
'Fraid not. Unless you can during one of the tours.
You can't on the Island proper. Main reason why the absence of an axe is problematic.

I have caught Sweetfish and Banded Dragonflies on tours for the record (neither of which are available on the Island proper or in your village until next month).

Roto13

'Fraid not. Unless you can during one of the tours.
You can't on the Island proper. Main reason why the absence of an axe is problematic.

I have caught Sweetfish and Banded Dragonflies on tours for the record (neither of which are available on the Island proper or in your village until next month).

Stuff you catch during tours doesn't get added to your encyclopedia and you don't keep it so that doesn't really matter.

Robin64

So while I was messing around with the pattern creator during periods of "not much else going on", I figured I would want some Final Fantasy VI portraits. They should fit fine, right?

Well sadly not. The FFVI portraits had two problems. Firstly, they are are 40 x 40 pixels in size and not the 32 x 32 of Animal Crossing's pattern maker. Secondly, many of them have more than 15 colors, though not that much more. The automatic tools sucked for these as shrinking a 40 x 40 image to 32 x 32 and having them use 15 colors to represent 18, 20 or even 22 colors is A Bad Idea.

So I solved the first problem by cropping the images to 32 x 32. In every case I had to manually choose where to crop. Simply knocking 4 pixels off each side was often very bad and would usually lose the essence of the character. I was adamant I was going to have a 1:1 pixel ratio. Blurriness because of shrinking was not an option.

Secondly, I used Photoshop to alter the image mode to a 15 color one. Photoshop seems to do a very good job of this, then it was just a case of matching the colors Photoshop had chosen to the AC pallettes.

After I had finished Terra and Locke, I figured what the hell, why not do them all? So I did, over several nights. I found it highly calming. I think, in the majority of cases, the results were superb.

Anyway, my larger point is, now I have the QR machine, I can share the results! So here we are. If just one person uses just one of these, it was worth sharing. ;)

HNI_0042.JPG
HNI_0044.JPG
HNI_0045.JPG
HNI_0046.JPG
HNI_0047.JPG
HNI_0048.JPG
HNI_0049.JPG
HNI_0050.JPG
HNI_0051.JPG
HNI_0052.JPG
HNI_0053.JPG
HNI_0054.JPG
HNI_0055.JPG
HNI_0056.JPG
HNI_0057.JPG
HNI_0058.JPG
HNI_0059.JPG
HNI_0041.JPG
HNI_0060.JPG

RaidenZR

Man my freakin town has been raining for 2 days now. Does anyone know if the char and the violin beetle still come out during the rain?

Coquette

Stuff you catch during tours doesn't get added to your encyclopedia and you don't keep it so that doesn't really matter.

Well, kind of. If it's a dragonfly tour, any dragonflies you catch don't count. But, for example, if it's a fishing tour and you catch bugs, you get to keep those.

UberTag

Actually, in those two cases they DO count.
I caught both the banded dragonfly and sweetfish on Scavenger Hunt tours.
You can keep your captures and send them home in a box.
I've got a Sweetfish swimming in a tank in my 2nd floor room right now.
Museum has their donations, as well.

Man my freakin town has been raining for 2 days now. Does anyone know if the char and the violin beetle still come out during the rain?
The Char will. The Violin Beetle will not.
Rain doesn't scare fish away. Just bugs. (Except for snails and the like.)

abundant

I need that QR Machine now so I can start making paths!

I now have two flower gardens, one by my house and one surrounding my fountain. Also laying the groundwork for a Fruit garden.

Berordn

The char doesn't care as far as I'm aware, they'll just hang out near the waterfall regardless.

Beetle I have no clue on, though.

I caught a guppy on a non fishing tour as well.

MicH

Has anyone caught a Drone beetle? What does it look like?

And has anyone caught a Killfish from the small ponds yet? Whenever I try to catch something it's either a tadpole or a crawfish (don't go for frogs because.. they're obvious)

EDIT: No violin beetles in rain

Roto13

So while I was messing around with the pattern creator during periods of "not much else going on", I figured I would want some Final Fantasy VI portraits. They should fit fine, right?

Well sadly not. The FFVI portraits had two problems. Firstly, they are are 40 x 40 pixels in size and not the 32 x 32 of Animal Crossing's pattern maker. Secondly, many of them have more than 15 colors, though not that much more. The automatic tools sucked for these as shrinking a 40 x 40 image to 32 x 32 and having them use 15 colors to represent 18, 20 or even 22 colors is A Bad Idea.

So I solved the first problem by cropping the images to 32 x 32. In every case I had to manually choose where to crop. Simply knocking 4 pixels off each side was often very bad and would usually lose the essence of the character. I was adamant I was going to have a 1:1 pixel ratio. Blurriness because of shrinking was not an option.

Secondly, I used Photoshop to alter the image mode to a 15 color one. Photoshop seems to do a very good job of this, then it was just a case of matching the colors Photoshop had chosen to the AC pallettes.

After I had finished Terra and Locke, I figured what the hell, why not do them all? So I did, over several nights. I found it highly calming. I think, in the majority of cases, the results were superb.

Anyway, my larger point is, now I have the QR machine, I can share the results! So here we are. If just one person uses just one of these, it was worth sharing. ;)
These are fantastic. I'm saving all of these.

Well, kind of you. If it's a dragonfly tour, any dragonflies you catch don't count. But, for example, if it's a fishing tour and you catch bugs, you get to keep those.

The Char will. The Violin Beetle will not.
Rain doesn't scare fish away. Just bugs. (Except for snails and the like.)
Well that's (shocking) news to me.

UberTag

I caught a guppy on a non fishing tour as well.
Good to know. Any idea which tour that was?
Something else for me to capture until my axe and tarantula show up.

And has anyone caught a Killfish from the small ponds yet? Whenever I try to catch something it's either a tadpole or a crawfish (don't go for frogs because.. they're obvious)
Killifish are super tiny. They remind me of sardines. And yep, I've caught them. Keep at it.

rocketobear

Neo Member

There are some bugs and fish you can catch and add to your encyclopedia from the tours. You can get the tools to catch them if you talk to the Lloid next to Tortimer when you're doing a tour, sometimes he gives you other tools you can use depending on which tour you're playing. If its a bug catching one, you can't keep the bugs, but if Lloid provides you a fishing rod, you can keep the fish that you catch and vise versa.

I caught a Jewel Beetle from a tour I did and it got added to my encyclopedia. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom