• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having trouble finding the Gar? The guide says nights in the lakes, June through sept, and I even confirmed it online. I must have put in like 6 hours total devoted to finding this one fish with no luck. Never even seen any big silouettes in the lake.

Good to know. Any idea which tour that was?
Something else for me to capture until my axe and tarantula show up.

Hide and seek easy gives the most amount of time I think (7mins?) but scavenger hunt would do fine. I don't think the tour rivers have anything else of interest atm though. And as far as I know, there are no new pond or ocean fish that can be found on the tours.

Coquette

And has anyone caught a Killfish from the small ponds yet? Whenever I try to catch something it's either a tadpole or a crawfish (don't go for frogs because.. they're obvious)

EDIT: No violin beetles in rain

I've caught a couple Killifish, caught them the first day I had a fishing rod I think.

And dammit on the beetles. I'm gonna have to hope it stops freaking raining soon.

UberTag

Hide and seek easy gives the most amount of time I think (7mins?) but scavenger hunt would do fine. I don't think the tour rivers have anything else of interest atm though. And as far as I know, there are no new pond or ocean fish that can be found on the tours.
Actually, just realized I'd caught a Guppy already on my main island.
Would love to know about any other tour-exclusive things to capture in addition to the two I've noted.

Spades

I've never ever seen a fish by the waterfall in my town. Other than during the correct times, is there any other requirements for the Char?

FillerB

For those interested in making designs with Photoshop here is the in-game palette

8394270983_dbfb5decf3.jpg

source: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/karaage/20121201/1354330494

The numbers are their internal ID.

UberTag

Reggie's house will be there until you fill up the rest of your StreetPass lots... and if you favorite him he won't go away even then.

My order haul today: his flat-screen TV, his Super Toilet (which I will customize with Silver ore), his soda fridge and two much-needed Yellow-Green feng shui items (his tea set and his monkey shirt).

rocketobear

Neo Member
tumblr_mowpn8O6B41svmhtio1_400.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My villager said she was gunna leave too and I didn't care too much about her staying so I encouraged her to go. A few days later, I made the mistake of talking to her again but even though I encouraged her to leave again, she decided to stay and not leave anymore. So maybe if you keep talking to Pashmina, she will change her mind?

UberTag

Portia finally left today and thus vacated the lot next to my house.

Tomorrow there will be a nice yellow bench there. :D
As mayor you should be able to name your landmarks.
You could name that the Portia Memorial Bench or the "Yay, Portia Moved Out" Bench.

I mailed Elise a doctor's mask telling her that her face was scaring the other villagers and giving them nightmares.

zigg

So fellow hybridGAFfers. Is it just me or are the yellow violets absolutely useless? You can only get blue violets by combing purple and white ones, right?
tumblr_mo7pin8roM1svownfo10_500.png

Looks like you can make a new white one from two yellows, but other than that…

Violets are about the most boringest flower ever in this game.

UberTag

tumblr_mo7pin8roM1svownfo10_500.png

Looks like you can make a new white one from two yellows, but other than that…

Violets are about the most boringest flower ever in this game.
Once you have a single blue violet, yellows actually have some utility in terms of exclusively getting other blues and nothing else.
They're pretty useless aside from that, though.

Khaz

Any tips into catching char? IDK what it means about the Under waterfall stuff since I never see fish there.

It's the ocean waterfall. I caught mine just before the waterfall, river-side. It's better to stay on the cliff anyway as you'll get a better view of what's in both the river and the ocean.

Chopper

Anyone else having trouble finding the Gar? The guide says nights in the lakes, June through sept, and I even confirmed it online. I must have put in like 6 hours total devoted to finding this one fish with no luck. Never even seen any big silouettes in the lake.
I caught one earlier. It was about 5pm and it was raining in my village. The shadow is huge.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
aww, the Neon Sign won't actually hang on a wall? I was so looking forward to putting it over my Jukebox, too.

What did it say? You have piqued my interest.

Something on the lines of 'I'd appreciate it if you'd leave now. I don't like you anymore. We are not friends anymore. Goodbye.' Something like that. As far I know, she didn't reply, she just packed up. My latest Wild World save only shows Mints 'I'm leaving' letter.

I haven't played Wild World since March-April, when the New Leaf hype was unbearable, so forgive me if I can't remember fine details.

Velcro Fly

Fortune cookies are a fucking scam!

3 times I've got nothing
3 times I got a different pikmin hat
2 times I've got a pipe from mario
1 time I've got a fire flower

So pretty much 70% of the time what I've got is completely worthless to me. Such a waste of play coins that I could be spending getting hats in Mii plaza :(

Morokh

If you just read someones elses QR code with the machine, no you can not edit it. There's a way around this though. The qr tool thats been posted here a few times.(Its called Uber animal crossing qr tool) can get around this. First you make a QR code of your own with the abel sisters machine, save it to the 3ds and then you open that qr code with the tool/app on your computer. It'll read you your town name, author name and a special ID which dictates who's pattern it is. Save all the info as default and then load up any image you want, create a qr code that you can then read with the machine in abel sister shop and bam, the game considers it your own design and it lets you edit it. Ofcourse don't plagiarize some elses work with this!

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom