• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nope. The 'offensive residents' thing makes them change their catchphrase or shirt, things like that. I can't kick people out, so I have to make him want to move.

Assuming you're serious, is there a way to do this? Harassing the guy/gal maybe? Like throwing trash in front of his/her house, digging holes... stuff like that. It works?

pariah164

Assuming you're serious, is there a way to do this? Harassing the guy/gal maybe? Like throwing trash in front of his/her house, digging holes... stuff like that. It works?

Yeah. Trapping him in his house and whacking him with a net, not doing his errands, opening packages he wants delivered if I do... Just be as much of a dick as possible.

And I'm dead serious. I want a bridge where you see the end of the path, and Isabelle will not let me because his house is too close.

TrickRoom

So, I wasnt very interested in this game at first, but later on since all my friends, streetpassers, and neogaf people were partying on this game... I got on the fence.

Then one night when I checked my 3DS funds and saw just over $35 on there... I decided to get this game on a whim.

I had no idea the rabbit hole I just fell into. I keep telling myself that the amount that in playing at a day isn't right for a game like this, but I can't pull myself away. Right now I'm entering the kind of phase in gaming where all of the customization options are setting in for me and I'm imagining huge minecraft-like mega projects to create out of the city. It's not letting me go.

...so if anyone wants a visit, or would like to visit, I'll be putting my info up shortly, later on.

ramyeon

Keaton just waltzed up to me and suggested that a Moai Statue would make my town so much better as if it were the most logical thing in the world.

Love it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah. Trapping him in his house and whacking him with a net, not doing his errands, opening packages he wants delivered if I do... Just be as much of a dick as possible.

And I'm dead serious. I want a bridge where you see the end of the path, and Isabelle will not let me because his house is too close.

I meant if you're serious about harassing a character can make him/her want to move out. The game keeps track of a hidden relationship value of some sort that we can artificially decrease by acting like a dick in order to "force" someone out of the town? is what I am asking.

To impress Gracie Grace, do I have to have a matching Hat, Shoes, Socks, Pants, and Shirt?

Completed Outfits

To impress her, you need a complete outfit, they all usually have the same name in the front. This link shows you what items comprise of a complete outfit and once you have that, you can impress Gracie!

EDIT: Oh and make sure you're actually wearing them all lol

pariah164

Keaton just waltzed up to me and suggested that a Moai Statue would make my town so much better as if it were the most logical thing in the world.

Love it.

BALLS. The only suggested public works I've gotten? A trash can. Dammit, I want a fairy tale train station.

I meant if you're serious about harassing a character can make him/her want to move out. The game keeps track of a hidden relationship value of some sort that we can artificially decrease by acting like a dick in order to "force" someone out of the town? is what I am asking.

That's the word on the internet from everyone asking on message boards 'how do I kick out villagers?'

So Ive had the game since the US midnight launch....

Mr Re-sale is still asleep
Only just got asked to do a museum upgrade today
Only just got asked about the dream room today
No kicks (but thats my fault, I dont buy anything there)
Club LOL still not open

My town is so slow :(

XeroSauce

I'd love to hang around someone's town. I'm kinda bored...its late at night and I couldn't get my first house payment into Nook before he closed so now I'm stuck collecting seashells and talking up deer until the morning.

ramyeon

BALLS. The only suggested public works I've gotten? A trash can. Dammit, I want a fairy tale train station.
Keaton's a man of great ideas. He's suggested a few weird ones to me before this.

Fairy Tale station requires you to have at least 100 visits to your town doesn't it?

I really enjoy not being in a rush with this game, and letting each element arrive as a surprise. There's a whole bunch of spoilers in this thread that I try to avoid till I see them. My advice for new players is just wander around, do what you can and don't read too much on the net till you know what you're looking for. Much more fun.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's the word on the internet from everyone asking on message boards 'how do I kick out villagers?'

Hmmm.... I hope someone can actually confirm this.

Anyways, what's the maximum amount of villagers one can have? I am *not* gonna start arranging my town/building town projects until all villagers are coming in so the game wouldn't randomly put a house on an area I specifically designed.

Lucent

The 5 orders limit in the HHA display place sucks. lol. I ordered stuff at Reggie's place and was about to get the flat screen and it said I have to wait. Sucks that most things there like the Nintendo themed stuff isn't buyable. Guess there'd be no point to the fortune cookies if you could do that.

I haven't really done much to my town because I've yet to be able to buy an axe. =/

So Ive had the game since the US midnight launch....

Mr Re-sale is still asleep
Only just got asked to do a museum upgrade today
Only just got asked about the dream room today
No kicks (but thats my fault, I dont buy anything there)
Club LOL still not open

My town is so slow :(

You just haven't been buying anything. Club LOL will only be available after you've upgraded Nookling Junction. Cyrus (Mr. Re-Tail) will only wake up after you've sold 100k worth of bells to Reese.

In other words, you need to put money in your town's economy to grow it.

Anyways, what's the maximum amount of villagers one can have? I am *not* gonna start arranging my town/building town projects until all villagers are coming in so the game wouldn't randomly put a house on an area I specifically designed.

10 is the max you can have

I'd love to hang around someone's town. I'm kinda bored...its late at night and I couldn't get my first house payment into Nook before he closed so now I'm stuck collecting seashells and talking up deer until the morning.

Added your FC, you can come do island minigames with me since I need hibiscus bushes.

Animekatt

You can have up to 10 villagers in your town. In order to get the 10th, you have to have the campsite built, and then convince the animal that pitches the tent there. If you don't like that one, you can wait until another animal comes into the tent.

LadyRiven

Someone should make one of these illusion things:

hjShvuG.jpg

that works in an Animal Crossing game.

I've seen some pretty nice QR codes for convincing stone steps/stairs on pixiv!

suzu

You can have up to 10 villagers in your town. In order to get the 10th, you have to have the campsite built, and then convince the animal that pitches the tent there. If you don't like that one, you can wait until another animal comes into the tent.

Ohhh that explains why I haven't got a tenth villager yet, I guess. I got 2 people before at my camp but I didn't want either, so I didn't bother talking to them.

Animekatt

Ohhh that explains why I haven't got a tenth villager yet, I guess. I got 2 people before at my camp but I didn't want either, so I didn't bother talking to them.

Yeah, I think I was hasty in having Lobo come to my town. But he seemed pretty cool, so I thought, why not?

It seems that two days after you convince the animal to stay, they will have their house plot in your town. Thank God Lobo decided NOT to destroy any trees and flowers, although he came mighty close to the purple roses I have growing.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I've got four extra persimmons (giving a couple other to some irl friends). Anyone want/need them? I'd prefer to just give one per person just to spread them around.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I've got four extra persimmons (giving a couple other to some irl friends). Anyone want/need them? I'd prefer to just give one per person just to spread them around.

What are persimmons? (If it's awesome, then dibs. :p)

IrishNinja

oh man, just catching up on this thread - bookmarking QR's for all the outfits (Vyse! hellboy!) and FF VI/Link paintings when that opens up for me, thanks guys! is there a catch-all resource for these?

also, cant wait till i open up wherever Resetti hangs, i miss that dude

So yesterday, I just went to the most incredible house I've seen in my game.
I don't have words for it anymore just pics,

tumblr_mowaqbVRqj1qbhszdo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowb43jeKP1qbhszdo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mouyhwbUoD1qbhszdo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowat554Kl1qbhszdo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowaufL8wZ1qbhszdo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowavkBdab1qbhszdo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowb20QFv61qbhszdo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mowb5saGgp1qbhszdo1_400.jpg

these baller houses exposing the shit out of my scrub place

Not mine, but still...

3ruMtJ7.jpg

Just loving this game. Year of the Animal Crossing. :)

ahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom