• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Ah, thanks.

In my experience, anywhere from 15 minutes to a few hours. I haven't found a pattern.

Oh I'm happy with that, since I don't have to wait whole day then. I just had to chance to catalog some Sleek furniture and I just ordered it. Can't wait to fix some of my livingroom.

Oh brilliant. I just got the QR so this will be my first scan.

Edit: It is done.
BNmuhJLCIAIQU5J.jpg

chunk3rvd

Here's my turnip prices so far this week:

MON AM - 105
MON PM - 93
TUE AM - 116
TUE PM - 131

Just want to check I'm reading the guide right - should I get at least one more increase tomorrow morning if this is either of the spike patterns? Also, a further increase on wednesday afternoon if it's the large spike?

I know it's possible that it could be a random pattern but I'm tempted to wait till tomorrow morning to see how it progresses. I think if I get a small increase tomorrow morning I should be on the large spike and if I get a sufficient increase tomorrow it's a small spike and I should cash in then?

UberTag

It can be designed into gold color. DO IT
Gold super toilets are a nice idea but I'm not parting with any Gold ore until I've banked all of the gold furniture series from Cyrus.
Silver will have to do. In fact, the Super Toilet I ordered from Reggie will be getting that treatment shortly.

Here's my turnip prices so far this week:

MON AM - 105
MON PM - 93
TUE AM - 116
TUE PM - 131

Just want to check I'm reading the guide right - should I get at least one more increase tomorrow morning if this is either of the spike patterns? Also, a further increase on wednesday afternoon if it's the large spike?
You've got that slightly backwards.

Big Spike = 3 increases (i.e. you'll have a monster in the morning)
Little Spike = 4 increases (minor bump in the morning, slightly bigger bump in the afternoon)
Random = Have fun

You may want to consider enacting Early Bird ordinance today to give yourself a 6-hour window to collect a turnip winfall if you hit big in the AM.
Without it you'll only have a 3-hour block to work with.

so Elvis the Lion traded me his throne (an 800,000 bell item) for my Phonograph (a 1,800 bell item). He thought he scammed me...

He's leaving tomorrow, so I'm kind of glad I snagged that item from him. He always kind of creeped me out. Yesterday he mentioned that he hates people who paint their nails because nails are meant to be sharp and used to hunt prey. Elvis is a lion. Elvis' nearest neighbor is Zell the Gazelle. I think Zell should lay low for awhile.

so Elvis the Lion traded me his throne (an 800,000 bell item) for my Phonograph (a 1,800 bell item). He thought he scammed me...

He's leaving tomorrow, so I'm kind of glad I snagged that item from him. He always kind of creeped me out. Yesterday he mentioned that he hates people who paint their nails because nails are meant to be sharp and used to hunt prey. Elvis is a lion. Elvis' nearest neighbor is Zell the Gazelle. I think Zell should lay low for awhile.

If I snagged him from you would he still have the throne in his house?

Cute! I didn't know they sit on the stumps.
BNmx95mCUAAeGEN.jpg

chunk3rvd

You've got that slightly backwards.

Big Spike = 3 increases (i.e. you'll have a monster in the morning)
Little Spike = 4 increases (minor bump in the morning, slightly bigger bump in the afternoon)
Random = Have fun

You may want to consider enacting Early Bird ordinance today to give yourself a 6-hour window to collect a turnip winfall if you hit big in the AM.
Without it you'll only have a 3-hour block to work with.

Thanks! :) Will hold out till the morning then and see how it progresses. Won't bother with changing ordinances though as I should be able to catch the shop on the bus to work and I only have 1500 to sell this week

UberTag

What was the link to that turnip price pattern calculator/wizard?

My prices have gone: 95, 91, 88, 155.
That's a nice sign. Points towards a big spike in Wednesday afternoon. Doubt a Random pattern would trend that way. Not sure if you'd see a turnaround that substantial from a Little Spike, either.

Alec

Finally caught the char. Now for the violin beetle. It's now day 4 of rain in my town. :(

So the char will spawn in rain? I had ran inside and out my town hall (close to my waterfall) about 50 times and just assumed it didn't spawn in the rain. Guess I'll keep trying.

UberTag

So the char will spawn in rain? I had ran inside and out my town hall (close to my waterfall) about 50 times and just assumed it didn't spawn in the rain. Guess I'll keep trying.
The Char can definitely spawn in the rain.
5 days left in the month to catch it, the Violin Beetle and various other critters after today.

Leif had better have an axe for me in his store in 10 minutes... or else.

Tom_Cody

To my knowledge there are no unique events. Yearly at worst. The only thing you could miss is spotpass-sent stuff like Reggie's house or Bestbuy items. But you shouldn't even miss the spotpass/streetpass stuff if your 3DS is connected.

What you will get anyway are weeds. Lots of weeds.
Thanks.
I play 1 sometimes 2 sessions of 30mins per day, I don't think it would get much in the way of your Luigi game (I'm still monster hunting a lot). And well, you already missed the solstice and father's day, which won't come back for a year unless you time travel.
Unfortunately 30 minutes/day is more normal gaming routine.

I think I am going to pick this up and just try to play it from time to time. It is different enough from Luigi that it shouldn't be a distraction.

Two specific questions:

-Is the spot pass stuff date specific or will it start up from the beginning once I get my game going? KI:U and FE:A both seemed to spool out spotpass content in sequence moreso than from the specific date I turned it on but I know that stuff like special Miis can be date specific. Did I already permanently miss Reggie's house?

-How far in will I need to get before I can receive street/spot passes? I am leaning towards getting it and just setting it up that much to start with. Can I do this in under an hour?

Jintor

-How far in will I need to get before I can receive street/spot passes? I am leaning towards getting it and just setting it up that much to start with. Can I do this in under an hour?

Given AC's pacing, it's probably going to take you a few days - not of doing things, but you just gotta wait that long.

MicH

I know I ptomised that you guys could come to my town and catch Violin beetles, but my town is suffering a thunderstorm, so I'm afraid that can't happen :eek:

beta_fuse

It's been 4 days since I got the signatures for Club LOL yet nothing has happened since. I don't see any construction site, I don't have the option to build it as a Public Woks Project and nobody is talking about it. Is this normal?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hey, can someone explain what making a person your best friend does? I guess I skipped the in-game explanation.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Hi, new to gaf but have a question!

When having someone appear at a campsite, how do you get that person to stay in the town? This awesome kangaroo came to town and I want her to stay! Any help would be great, thanks!

Animekatt

What I did too was, if I didn't see the fish shadow, I did the "Save and Continue" trick to try and respawn it.

UberTag

Hey, can someone explain what making a person your best friend does? I guess I skipped the in-game explanation.
You can send messages to your best friend whenever you're playing AC and they're online. They don't even have to be in your village and they'll receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom