• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooo, just got Luigi's Mansion 2 one and registered it on Club Nintendo, now I'll just have too wait for my free AC code :3

Deciding on a face is hard. I'm debating between the psycho looking one or the one with the red cheeks. I think I'm going the psycho route.

tumblr_moyd9gqDF31sv54gpo1_400.jpg

chillin'

tumblr_moydbgzwji1sv54gpo1_400.jpg

kid wanted to buy my gold nugget. don't say I'm an enabler, 'cause I'm not gonna let the poor guy deplete his entire life savings over a damn nugget!

Kid needs to start playing the stalk market...

Send Joey a present. I feel bad for him.

I've found it's much easier to catch char while standing on one of the cliffs overlooking the ocean falls. Cast your line into the top of the falls and lt drift down into the pool below. Also, once you've cast, the camera will move to give you a better view down into the falls.

Doopliss

Wow, just got the golden slingshot before even seeing the regular or silver ones! Exciting!

If anyone wants to trade spare fossils please PM me.

Rayjee

I didn't have to do anything lol. She decided she had bigger plans for herself and that my town wasn't good enough.

I don't know how a lot of people have trouble getting rid of neighbors. I don't talk to a neighbor for one day and the whole town is like, "OMG DID YOU HEAR THAT <insertnamehere> IS MOVING?!11 You should go talk to them!" And there I go trying to reconnect with an overly clingy neighbor.

UberTag

Wait, I'm confused... both? And fruit rots?
Turnips rot weekly every Sunday and will easily attract flies and ants.

Getting rotten fruit is a little trickier... your basic fruit will never rot but when you plant a perfect fruit tree your last harvest before the tree dies will include a rotten fruit along with your two perfect ones. They'll attract flies and ants as well.

And empty cans will attract flies... but very rarely. I only saw one over a stretch of a number of days.

bluehat9

Probably a stupid question, but do rocks in town grow back after they get destroyed by the shovel? And is it in the same spot or do you get a new one somewhere else?

Roto13

Mac left his shirt at Eugene's house so I delivered it to him. Couldn't find him for like an hour. Eventually tracked him down. He's all "What did I leave there...? Oh, it's this shirt! I bought another one, though.... What can I do with this extra shirt I don't need...? LOL GUESS I'LL JUST KEEP IT KAY BYE"

Little fucker.

javac

Okay so I unlocked qr codes. I scanned in some paths. You can only hold 10 in your 'inventory' right? But you can save more. Well I put some paths down and after saving them I decided to get some other designs for other stuff to put in other parts of my town. Once I swapped the designs in my 'inventory' however the paths I had already put down changed. wth is this rubbish? :(

Alec

Probably a stupid question, but do rocks in town grow back after they get destroyed by the shovel? And is it in the same spot or do you get a new one somewhere else?

The ore rocks? They respawn every day in a new spot.

Okay so I unlocked qr codes. I scanned in some paths. You can only hold 10 in your 'inventory' right? But you can save more. Well I put some paths down and after saving them I decided to get some other designs for other stuff to put in other parts of my town. Once I swapped the designs in my 'inventory' however the paths I had already put down changed. wth is this rubbish? :(

Correct. In order to 'save' more for path building, you have to have multiple characters.

-GJ-

Mac left his shirt at Eugene's house so I delivered it to him. Couldn't find him for like an hour. Eventually tracked him down. He's all "What did I leave there...? Oh, it's this shirt! I bought another one, though.... What can I do with this extra shirt I don't need...? LOL GUESS I'LL JUST KEEP IT KAY BYE"

Little fucker.

You can buy the megaphone and then shout the name of your villagers at your 3DS and that makes it very easy to track them down. That's how I do it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So wait, the basin around the waterfall where the water enters your town doesn't count as a waterfall for char-fishing? That's what counted as "waterfall" in all the other games. I don't think I've ever even seen a fish in the waterfall on my beach.

zroid

Banned
I need to prepare some sort of Canadia-themed outfit to wear on July 1st

Already have the maple leaf umbrella/parasol covered :p

Alec

So wait, the basin around the waterfall where the water enters your town doesn't count as a waterfall for char-fishing? That's what counted as "waterfall" in all the other games. I don't think I've ever even seen a fish in the waterfall on my beach.

I have been checking both but haven't been able to find spawns in either one.

Roto13

You can buy the megaphone and then shout the name of your villagers at your 3DS and that makes it very easy to track them down. That's how I do it.

Yeah, I used it. He wasn't outside and he wasn't in his house and he wasn't at Re-Tail and he wasn't in any of the shops so I dunno where he was but I couldn't find him.

God damn it Cyrano.

After torturing you for 2 weeks hoping you would get out my town, you finally think about leaving. Then you decide to stay anyway despite me not asking you to stay.

Fuck you.

UberTag

I have been checking both but haven't been able to find spawns in either one.
I suppose it's important to point out that Chars will only spawn in your lower waterfall basin between 4am-9am and between 4pm-9pm each day.

Checking outside of those hours will just lead to disappointment.

Grizzo

Now isn't this the cutest Animal Crossing gif ever ?

image.gif

Poor Porter never seems to be having any fun. Nice to see him do something other than opening and closing gates for once.

(I found the gif here)

Little fucker.

Your town sounds like it is full of horrible people.

image.gif

Poor Porter never seems to be having any fun. Nice to see him do something other than opening and closing gates for once.

(I found the gif here)

That's awesome!

This game has so many great little flourishes like that. The attention to detail is staggering.

http://u.jimdo.com/www31/o/s2d75ac45bde449f0/img/if559912d539d54a7/1361995071/std/image.gif[/IMG

(I found the gif [URL="http://newleaf-mensfashion.tumblr.com/"]here[/URL])[/QUOTE]

Oh ma gerwd, this is the best. D:

MicH

So today has actually been one of the best days for me so far though Dewford is suffering from a heavy thunderstorm today.

As soon as I walked out my door I was met by an axolotl named Dr. Shrunk. He wanted me to collect signatures so he could open a club in Main Street. Hells yeah!

tumblr_moy8ozudRJ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I do love entertainment

I immediately collected he six signtures required and brought it back to him. He said he would do his best to build the venue as fast as he can, so we'll see whenever it will be available.

I then saw that a lot of the hybrids in front of my house had crossbred like crazy.FIVE new hybrids had spawned - and that was only from the already exisiting hybrids. I got..

tumblr_moy8pvsyw91svgayqo1_400.jpg

Two more orange roses...

tumblr_moy8qpx61n1svgayqo1_400.jpg

My very first black rose, which had spawned from the orange roses. VERY cool!

tumblr_moy8rhomA81svgayqo1_400.jpg

As well as anther pink rose and another pink cosmos. Great haul today!

A lot of the bushes I planted yesterday survived. But some seemed to have randomly died despite there not being anything in the way (some in the middle of other bushes?). I will have to replant as soon as I get more bushes.

tumblr_moy8sbtCRk1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Starting to look great. I need some lamp posts!

My new campong cot was finished today. I think Biskit wantted me to build one yesterday, so I build it next to the camp site.

tumblr_moy8twhlWE1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Confetti!

tumblr_moy8t5dtwl1svgayqo1_400.jpg

It is very comfortable! I'm sure future campers will love it!

Kicks finally opened today and I was so excited to get some new shoes as well as socks!

tumblr_moy8vluGHN1svgayqo1_400.jpg

It looks.. beautiful!

It seems Kicks himself was very surprised to see me enter his little shop. But I need them shoes!

tumblr_moy8wit1F01svgayqo1_400.jpg

Even the mayor has to do some shopping once in a while

I then went to the museum to have Blathers asses some of my newfound fossils and he was acting all weird.

tumblr_moy8xf5wUc1svgayqo1_400.jpg

What'cha thinking about, Blathers?

Apparently he wanted to remodel the museum to get more visitors!

tumblr_moy8yjRcVD1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Interesting!

tumblr_moy8zolKwt1svgayqo1_400.jpg

That sounds great, Blathers!

So I immediately started funding the new second floor of the museum. My lamp posts must wait!

Boogiepop

I suppose it's important to point out that Chars will only spawn in your lower waterfall basin between 4am-9am and between 4pm-9pm each day.

Checking outside of those hours will just lead to disappointment.

Wait, Chars are in the LOWER waterfall? Like, the one that goes into the ocean? Damnit! Looks like I've been checking the wrong spot. Whoops.

Also, should I be good for finding a violin beetle if I just went ahead and made two stumps in my town? Kind of don't want to chop down a ton of trees just to find this bug...

zroid

Banned
Also, should I be good for finding a violin beetle if I just went ahead and made two stumps in my town? Kind of don't want to chop down a ton of trees just to find this bug...

I had three (adjacent) stumps yesterday and a violin beetle spawned on one of them. I then removed one of the stumps. Again today one spawned on one of my two remaining stumps.

I decided to dust off my 3ds and buy this game, my first animal crossing game I've played (after watching some YouTube videos) and I must say I'm loving every minute of it.
Very enjoyable experience and I'm finding the time just flying playing this. The writing is pretty good too!.

Looking forward to sinking in many hours into this game.

I'm just finding my 3ds a pain to use typing in stuff on the on-screen keyboard and the general response of the screen could be better, but I think I'll get use to it.

Is true that there's new stuff happening each day in the game, and if so, like what?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom