• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

So... I'm thinking about clearing everything in my city out in favor of an endless field of flowers. Any problems with doing that, aside from not being able to clear rocks, and not having the trees for fruit/insects?

You'll never get a good town rating, you won't have room for any public works projects, and you'll need to have the Keep [Town] Clean ordinance if you don't want to spend all day every day watering flowers. And you won't be able to find any fossils if there are flowers in literally every square.

It's novel, but I wouldn't do it. :p But if you do it, share you dream code, because that would be neat.

afoni

Banned
tumblr_moyinc2xos1spc5nfo1_400.jpg

CAUGHT A CHAR.

WOOOOOI

Totakeke

Not really sure what you mean, but I didn't have anyone bringing Katie in that I'm aware. Could have happened when I was AFK.

Dunno where it originated from, but people think if someone brought Katie to your town, you'll see her in your town the next day wandering around.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait what

how
howohow
howo

Basically you cut down all the trees, flowers, and bushes in the middle grass area of the Island...

This prevents random butterflies, and other lesser bugs from spawning, making it far more likely for large, expensive beetles to pop up on the palm trees at night.

Gvaz

Banned
General tips of my town Eternia:

If the gate's are open:
- Buy whatever the fuck you want
- if shit is on the ground, it's free, just don't hog
- don't run over my flowers
- don't cut down my trees (but you can shake them, I likely haven't bothered to shake any of them)
- if you like, donate to whatever public work project I got going (won't care if you don't)
- if you want, donate your extra fossils/bugs/fish to my museum (You can do that, can't you?)
- watering flowers or planting flowers is okay

These aren't rules, they're just tips or ideas for havin a swell time, and next time I'll come to your place and do the same :p

Wait what

how
howohow
howo

It's easy to make 450k

Does anybody want to go to the island and play some minigames? Let me know if I need to open my gate if we go to my town

Friendcode: 2878-9959-1655

I think her name is Phyllis? :lol Just general "I don't give a fuck"-ness you see at your DMV. I don't think I've ever set foot in the post office at night so I had to do a double take if it's usually Pelly.

Hey, you'd be grumpy too if you worked all night long 7 days a week. :p
Honestly, she seems much more mellow than in past games, though.

Totakeke

On another note Punchy is up to no good... I denied him a transfer request a few days ago and now he's doing something fishy.

I found a lost item near to the town tree today and went around looking for its owner. Punchy gladly accepted it and told me to bring him anything else that I find. Does he just lose a lot of things or is he just taking everything?

tumblr_moyi6xD0JH1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

Next he shows up at main street and talks about losing his wallet. Is he suggesting that I give him some bells? How many wallets do you have anyway Punchy?

tumblr_moyi89SSVU1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

Back from work, I find him standing outside my house pretending to fish... because there's no fish in the river to be found. Punchy is definitely monitoring my movements waiting some specific moment.

tumblr_moyi96gNSm1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

So I went back and dropped my favorite officer's cap not wanting to ruin it in case I needed to get into a fight. I brought my fishing pole, pretending to be friendly and approached Punchy to see what he was planning. But he caught me off guard by offering to play hide and seek, and since this is the first time someone asked me to play, I could not possibly refuse.

tumblr_moyi9z534L1sw6f1ro1_400.jpg

But darn! Only afterwards I realized it was all simply a clever trick! Within that ten minutes I was busy looking for the other animals, he must have took that opportunity to execute whatever plot he has... So far he has slipped my grasp, but I will find out what his exact plans are soon.

Shahadan

I quickly got bored of Wild World but I must say I'm desperately addicted to New Leaf. Maybe it's like those Zola books, boring until you get them later in life, or something. *shrugs*

Petrie

Banned
Beetle farming! After 7 PM, rare beetles spawn on palm trees. Those babies sell from 6,000 - 12,000 Bells. Catch 4 boxes full, come back to town, and sell at Re-tail earns about 300-400K a trip.

EDIT: Ninja'd again. Dammit.

I haven't been to the island yet, are these boxes there or do I find them somewhere else?

UberTag

I have 4 S.S. Dolphins now. Really could do with some variety to these cookies. (Love how two days in a row I got the "Ice Cream" empty message, too.)
Boost your red feng shui count by placing loads of red items in the last two spaces of the right side of your rooms.

It will improve your fortune cookie odds.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I haven't been to the island yet, are these boxes there or do I find them somewhere else?

There's a box in the hut on the island. Just throw your catches in there and they're transported to the basket on your dock back home.

I just realized my town has no cherries, only shitty cherries (lychees). (And no persimmons, but those seem pretty rare anyway.)
Can anyone give me a few?

Also, can I donate to other peoples museums? I have two chars sitting in my storage that I could give away.

milkham

I just realized my town has no cherries, only shitty cherries (lychees). (And no persimmons, but those seem pretty rare anyway.)
Can anyone give me a few?

Also, can I donate to other peoples museums? I have two chars sitting in my storage that I could give away.

you ever eat a lychee? cherries are shitty lychees

Zidy

So, for some reason I only have 9 residents in my town. I have Dotty moving out in a few day but I believe the max number is 10. I had a potential resident go to the campsite around a week ago but I told her to piss of because I didn't like her. What is preventing a 10th resident from moving in?

milkham

So, for some reason I only have 9 residents in my town. I have Dotty moving out in a few day but I believe the max number is 10. I had a potential resident go to the campsite around a week ago but I told her to piss of because I didn't like her. What is preventing a 10th resident from moving in?

i think the 10th has to come from the campsite

I quickly got bored of Wild World but I must say I'm desperately addicted to New Leaf. Maybe it's like those Zola books, boring until you get them later in life, or something. *shrugs*

Even though I played Wild World a lot, New Leaf completely drawfs it with the amount of content and things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom