• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyt

Banned
Soooooo does anybody know how can I kick somebody out of my village...?

I was planning to make a brige with perfect placement but sadly some new neighbour started building his house just were I wanted the brigde.

I know it's a bir cruel but I really need that brige <:( How can I invite him to leave fast and nicely?

I don't want to spend a couple weeks sending him boots and tires on the mail like I hand to in the DS game :|

Tiktaalik

Gah! never getting any char spawns! Never getting any Rainbow Trout either. Is there a trick to this?

!!? Literally just caught a char after posting this!

It was pretty far away from the waterfall that leads to the ocean. Like 13 or so steps away from it on the river.

Roto13

I was planning to make a brige with perfect placement but sadly some new neighbour started building his house just were I wanted the brigde.

I know it's a bir cruel but I really need that brige <:( How can I invite him to leave fast and nicely?

I don't want to spend a couple weeks sending him boots and tires on the mail like I hand to in the DS game :|

How about just building the bridge a little bit to the side?

Seriously, you people are so anal.

Never played an Animal Crossing game before. Just downloaded it, very curious.

Is the game also good if you don't have much time?

You'll make time if you get hooked into it. *chuckles* But yeah, you can choose to do only a couple of things if you want. It's really how well you can stop yourself from wanting to advance further with your town faster.

One more thing, is it possible to create your character's body/ features like in skyrim for eg? When I started the game there was nothing like that.

suzu

There is no way to make them move out faster. Just ignore them, unless they walk up to you to talk (they might tell you they're leaving). Also refuse their requests.

Berordn

One more thing, is it possible to create your character's body/ features like in skyrim for eg? When I started the game there was nothing like that.

Nope. Everyone has the same body type and your face/default hairstyle is determined by the questions Rover asks you in the very beginning of the game with no indication that he's doing so.

As you spend more time in the game you get access to a hairdresser which gives you the opportunity to change some stuff but even that's not very straightforward.

You'll make time if you get hooked into it. *chuckles* But yeah, you can choose to do only a couple of things if you want. It's really how well you can stop yourself from wanting to advance further with your town faster.

Thanks, so the real time aspect doesn't influence the speed of the game so much as the amount of time you put into to it?

From the size of the OTs it's clear that there's a serious risk I'll have to do with less sleep in the coming weeks...

MicH

With hats, shirts, pants, socks and shoes available to wear as you please as well as being able to change hair style and color and wearing contact lenses to change eye color later on, what kind of customization do you still need?

Robin64

Thanks, so the real time aspect doesn't influence the speed of the game so much as the amount of time you put into to it?

From the size of the OTs it's clear that there's a serious risk I'll have to do with less sleep in the coming weeks...

There's a lot to do, for sure, but the realtime aspect stops you from utterly blitzing the game. For example, I'm on my 11th day and the tiny shop has only just started to renovate into a bigger one.

afoni

Banned
With hats, shirts, pants, socks and shoes available to wear as you please as well as being able to change hair style and color and wearing contact lenses to change eye color later on, what kind of customization do you still need?

skin colour :J

Gvaz

Banned

MicH I'm gonna open up my gates in a minute or 3. Come hang out for a bit and I'll get you your clock.

Heyt

Banned
How about just building the bridge a little bit to the side?

Seriously, you people are so anal.

The river shape and a house on the other side of the river won't let me do that. You think I have not tried before thinking that the only way was getting the neighbour out and asking about that...?

Also, what about your manners? Calm down, please.

There is no way to make them move out faster. Just ignore them, unless they walk up to you to talk (they might tell you they're leaving). Also refuse their requests.

Thanks! I hope it doesn't take too long.

Now isn't this the cutest Animal Crossing gif ever ?

image.gif

Poor Porter never seems to be having any fun. Nice to see him do something other than opening and closing gates for once.

(I found the gif here)

goty

mantidor

God damn it Cyrano.

After torturing you for 2 weeks hoping you would get out my town, you finally think about leaving. Then you decide to stay anyway despite me not asking you to stay.

Fuck you.

Lol

In Wild World, I found that the best method was to completely ignore them, no letters, no hello, nothing, eventually I recieved their farewell letter, doesn't it work the same in New Leaf?

*laughing* Not really. Once you have the ability to order your town to stay open later, that helps a lot if you're particularly busy during the day. There's an early bird ordnance too where the shops open earlier.

There are times where particular fish and bugs are only available between X and X times but so far with everyone on here playing, it's easy to find someone else whose time zone might be helpful.

But really, it is what you put into it. I'm probably considered casual compared to a lot of other people on here but I'm okay with that. It's fun to see the personality types that go crazy for cataloging items or being a fossil master. Some people aim to build their town as soon as possible. And then there are flower breeders... *chuckles*

Does anyone know where I can get the bushes? I noticed none of my neighbors are moving to my side of town, so I was going to close it off with the bridges. I'm going to have a small private beach and pond lol

Alec

I snagged a Golden Axe from a guy on another forum. Would anyone be interested in a tree-cutting service? =P

Debs

So wait, the basin around the waterfall where the water enters your town doesn't count as a waterfall for char-fishing? That's what counted as "waterfall" in all the other games. I don't think I've ever even seen a fish in the waterfall on my beach.

I managed to get a char twice at the top of the waterfall in the river before it goes down into the beach. You don't have to look for them at the bottom of a waterfall.

I have 4 S.S. Dolphins now. Really could do with some variety to these cookies. (Love how two days in a row I got the "Ice Cream" empty message, too.)

Quick question: my new trees keeps on dying over and over, and yes, the space around it is clear (cherry and lychee). Other trees within the same location has been fine. Any idea why?

As soon as I walked out my door I was met by an axolotl named Dr. Shrunk. He wanted me to collect signatures so he could open a club in Main Street. Hells yeah!

tumblr_moy8ozudRJ1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I do love entertainment

I immediately collected he six signtures required and brought it back to him. He said he would do his best to build the venue as fast as he can, so we'll see whenever it will be available.
OMG I completely forgot about him.
0rqdBl8.gif

I need to go visit his club.

Andrin

Really loving this game so far. It's my first foray into Animal Crossing and I really enjoy actually being creative in a game for once instead of just blowing things up.

The tenth day of my town's existence will be during this weekend, so right now I'm mostly building up resources in preparation for all of the expansioning that will occur.

And then the game decided that today would be a fantastic day to put up the crown for sale. And I'm still 500k short. Anyone willing to give me a loan so that I could get it? (Or even buy for themselves as long as I can get it in my catalogue? You can order everything already in the catalogue, right?)

Edit: Whoops, forgot my FC: 1418-6693-9665

TrickRoom

So... I'm thinking about clearing everything in my city out in favor of an endless field of flowers. Any problems with doing that, aside from not being able to clear rocks, and not having the trees for fruit/insects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom