• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

afoni

Banned
Plenty of pink and blue in the Mermaid set. And you can cycle through Club Tortimer / Island visits until you get everything you need very easily.

Oh, no. I mean I'm going to collect items and take them to Cyrus so that I have a bunch of every day items in both light pink and blue colours.

YES! I finally bought a Silver fishing rod and shovel from the museum shop!

And I now have both a second floor and basement.
Which one should I expland first?

UberTag

I'll be expanding into my 3rd room this afternoon.
Going to make a push for a 6-figure HHA score and the Gold Trophy.

Some of these HH Academy plateaus are absurd, though.
How am I supposed to get 1.1 million HHA points for a Golden Mailbox? Cripes.

And I now have both a second floor and basement.
Which one should I expland first?
If you're looking to improve your HHA score = Your 2nd Floor
If you're looking to just focus on a place to dump stuff for storage = Your Basement

Basements don't count towards (or against) your HHA rating.

\Some of these HH Academy plateaus are absurd, though.
How am I supposed to get 1.1 million HHA points for a Golden Mailbox? Cripes.
I think littering your house with "lucky items" help wonders with your score. Plus complete sets. I'm not sure beyond those.

Dammit where are my silver tools.... Blathers!!!!!

Yeah. Took two days for the tools to arrive. I did get a museum wall and floor the first day.

UberTag

If you've been making regular museum donations and have a painting in there, you'll catch Blathers as soon as you're able during your daily fossil assessment run.

Just make sure you take care of that before doing your mayoral stuff so you don't have another public works project already on the go that day.

I think littering your house with "lucky items" help wonders with your score. Plus complete sets. I'm not sure beyond those.
There's only a select number of those and the seasonal ones rotate out.
I should have lied about my birthdate so I could have gotten some of those goodies before December.

I've got my Mermaid + Lucky Fish room completed with Napoleonfish, Sweetfish and Giant Snakehead swimming in aquariums.
Going to start my Cabana Furniture room on the main floor and stockpile lucky cicadas in July.
Balloon Furniture in Room 4... although I'm far enough along in the Robo series that I may be able to ride that instead through trading.
Main room is my "max out my feng shui" emporium.

But even adopting all of those strategies 1.1 million HHA points seems daunting.
I'm going to need to start grilling my villagers for their pictures. Then summarily booting them out of town to bring in fresh meat.

IrishNinja

maaaaan nooklings never gonna upgrade past that shack, i keep cleanin em out too

Sable is flirty now but still no QR machine or kicks shop

and i made the mistake of buying a mailbox and then paying off my mortgage so now nook wont let me expand today cause derp derp only one thing at a time...what a bust!

yer a good man, mr. ninja

haha my cart came loose (didn't loose much thankfully, this is why i wanted to go digi...), and there he showed up, being all nice like iwata wanted! and he basically said "yeah man you wont see me again BUT IF YOU WANT THAT ABUSE BACK IN YOUR LIFE buy me a spot you knucklehead" so i went right to isa post-haste, lest things not be right with the universe~

Talk to Sable everyday to unlock the QR Machine.

how many days total? she just started complaining about her hands and her sister says she asked about me a lot which is great but man im tired of bookmarking you guys' QR codes and nothing to do with em yet

I have an extra F Zero vehicle to display if you want that for one of your caps. Or I have your choice of three color pikmin hats lol....(please take those from me)

slim pickens, eh...haha

ive got the fzero ride but i might swap for a pikmin hat...ill be on later tonight & check back here to see if you're around

Linius

It can be any time, just you have to keep doing it for a few days. Once a day.

He was just thinking one day when I walked in and started blathering about it. I think it's random after you have submitted one of each kind of exhibition material.

He started thinking after I finally gave him a real painting.
As soon as I looked at the painting in the museum I went back and he wanted the shop.
This was at night so he was awake.

Let's hope it's anytime soon then. Donated my legit painting two days ago and walked in to the museum a couple of times since then to donate other stuff but nothing yet.

Tenck

Heavy's Sandvich with the save. Now I can do everything I need to do till the weekend without worrying about selling my turnips anymore.

slim pickens, eh...haha

ive got the fzero ride but i might swap for a pikmin hat...ill be on later tonight & check back here to see if you're around

Lol ya, well you can take all three of them if you like. They are just sitting in my locker, I believe I have a red, blue, and yellow one.

I think I have you on my friends list. Will check later.

teeny

Let's hope it's anytime soon then. Donated my legit painting two days ago and walked in to the museum a couple of times since then to donate other stuff but nothing yet.

I gave him a legit painting over a week ago now and have donated (way more than) one of everything else. Still no second floor :( Maybe I need to wait until night time without having any other projects on the go instead of assuming he would be doing his "thinking" in the morning?

UberTag

I gave him a legit painting over a week ago now and have donated (way more than) one of everything else. Still no second floor :( Maybe I need to wait until night time without having any other projects on the go instead of assuming he would be doing his "thinking" in the morning?
From the FAQ...

The Public Works option for the Museum Reconstruction is triggered by meeting the following three requirements:

1) Someone has spoken to Blathers at least once on each of 14 different days.
2) Donate at least one item to each of the four exhibits (fossils, insects, fish, and art).
3) Donate at least 20 items, in total, to the [Museum] Hakubutsukan.

Find and speak to Blathers while "pondering" to make the option appear.
Based on this I should be getting my museum floor expansion option on Friday / Saturday.
Can't wait to use those extra rooms as a dumping ground for my non-reorderable crap.

This is what I have so far:

1F1XeJV.jpg

I like it, teeny!

Everything except your creepy gas mask!

teeny

From the FAQ...

Based on this I should be getting my museum floor expansion option on Friday / Saturday.
Can't wait to use those extra rooms as a dumping ground for my non-reorderable crap.

The 14 day criteria will be the reason, then! Thanks.

kubus

I'm having a really hard time finding villagers... I need Croque to suggest a public works project as he's the only Grumpy villager, but I can't find him anywhere. And now Bob wants me to deliver something to him too.

I've checked his house - he's outside. I've checked Re-Tail, Sable's, Labelle's, Nook's Homes, the postoffice, Nook's store is closed, the museum and of course, outside (also the beach).

Where else could he be? Sometimes I really have the feeling villagers just... disappear. :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
when Tom Nook gives you a choice on expand or more rooms, does it matter? like if I add rooms, does it stop me expanding later, or do you ultimately end up at the same point anyway?

UberTag

Just a tip for those of you working on your "Perfect Town" status... you might want to demolish any Garbage Can public works.
They apparently greatly impact (in a negative way) your village's "nature" and "living" scores.

I've got one in my house so I certainly don't need one outside.

Also, the Dream Suite doesn't count against your required total of 10. (Neither does your original bridge as we've established.)

I'm having a really hard time finding villagers... I need Croque to suggest a public works project as he's the only Grumpy villager, but I can't find him anywhere. And now Bob wants me to deliver something to him too.

I've checked his house - he's outside. I've checked Re-Tail, Sable's, Labelle's, Nook's Homes, the postoffice, Nook's store is closed, the museum and of course, outside (also the beach).

Where else could he be? Sometimes I really have the feeling villagers just... disappear. :/

They'll be there somewhere, you're most likely just missing them each time you move to the next area of the screen.

kubus

They'll be there somewhere, you're most likely just missing them each time you move to the next area of the screen.
Ugh yeah... one minute after I posted my rant I find him outside. Now to find Axel, who has been missing for three days now... Ughhhh

Is there some sort of easy way to finding villagers later on in the game? A public works project or something? :(

Edit: Croque just challenged me to Hide & Seek. This game, it is mocking me.

Linius

Ugh yeah... one minute after I posted my rant I find him outside. Now to find Axel, who has been missing for three days now... Ughhhh

Is there some sort of easy way to finding villagers later on in the game? A public works project or something? :(

Edit: Croque just challenged me to Hide & Seek. This game, it is mocking me.

Megaphone!

Did anyone else wait until they cashed in all of their turnips to begin paying off loans and constructing public works? I haven't been doing it for days and now I'm going to buy all of the things.

I think I'll eventually make a second character file so that I can have that character hold path designs.

Did anyone else wait until they cashed in all of their turnips to begin paying off loans and constructing public works? I haven't been doing it for days and now I'm going to buy all of the things.

I think I'll eventually make a second character file so that I can have that character hold path designs.

Good idea actually...might have to do that as well. Each character gets their own set?

Linius

I'm gonna do the same as far as the second character goes.

Been paying most of my projects and expansions with island money though. But tunrips sure made my bank account a lot more worthy. Just under 7 million in the bank now.

kubus

At the T&T Mart, it randomly changes with the timer. 500 bells, or 600 when you have bell town ordinance.
Cool thanks! Nookling's store is being renovated right now. Hope it shows up soon!

I'll enjoy calling Croque's ass over every 5 minutes just for the sake of it.

Good idea actually...might have to do that as well. Each character gets their own set?

I'm gonna do the same as far as the second character goes.

Been paying most of my projects and expansions with island money though. But tunrips sure made my bank account a lot more worthy. Just under 7 million in the bank now.
The thing about the second character is that I would rather not have that house take up space in my town and I feel like I'm compelled to actually do something with that house besides letting it sit there.

I don't know, lol. All I know is I'm dying to lay out some custom paths.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
yesterday: get 1m bell balance and present from post office. Pay off loan on upstairs.
Today: expand upstairs is HOW MUCH? damn I'm broke

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hopefully I can sell my turnips today. I've gotta take care of funding the Dream Suite, then I need to start funding on the museum expansion so I can have somewhere to put all these gyroids, then I need to pay off a house upgrade, arrrrrgh.

Forkball

Oh snap, only five items per day from HHA ordering. I probably should've ordered the wallpaper and floor instead of some random lamp. I was going to make a traveller themed room with stuff from around the world, but now I want to make individual Japanese and Chinese rooms since they have a lot of cultural items. I have some Japanese exclusive items that will set mine apart from Reggie's cheater room.

womp

Hey all, I'm wondering if someone can help me. My wife bought a 3DS and AC and so far we've been sharing the same town. It's been so much fun I'm thinking of buying a 3DS and AC also (damn you Nintendo!).

I believe I can move out of her town to my own, but does anyone know what I take with me? Will I keep any items/bells/house and shop upgrades or do I have to stat from scratch?

Put your stuff on the ground...let your wife store it in HER locker...then when you get your new 3DS/copy of AC, visit her town, have her take all your stuff out of her locker and put it on the ground for you to pick up and put in YOUR locker.

Bells and items...that should get you off to a quick start in your new town. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom