• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Do you have Diva? She's the ugliest thing in my town and I would do anything for her to leave. I mean I have a beauty ordinance going on, you know. Can't have ugly things like this in my village.
Aida.png

THIS THING.

I've been trying to get rid of it for a few days. I've sent it hate mail (telling it to die, everyone hates you), I hit it, I push it, I put pitfalls around it. I just want it gone.

mantidor

Guys. Guys. GUYS!

Holly hell.

Enter 2600-0218-7298 if you have the Dream Suite.

This is like some strange hell hack.

Edit: Fuck, it just keeps getting better. I'll add some pictures later, but you need to experience it on your own.

Aika, I think it has been mentioned before in the thread, it's very popular.

I shouldn't be visiting at 2:00 AM though haha, but what the hell lets do it, with my luck my internet will be unstable anyway.

flippedb

Banned
Also how is the layout of my town? I was worried about it when I started the game but I just went with the first option that had been given to me at the time.

hJuUvBV.jpg

Loving my newly minted Yeeville Flag as well

bFOt47K.jpg

Miles better than mine. I really screwed up when I picked mine, let's not even talk about the side I decided to build my house on

Anyone have any of the octopi villagers, and don't want them? I'll pay just to have the chance to talk to them into moving to my town.

FC: 0516-7436-2322

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Aika, I think it has been mentioned before in the thread, it's very popular.

I shouldn't be visiting at 2:00 AM though haha, but what the hell lets do it, with my luck my internet will be unstable anyway.

Ah, alright.

I just give props to a lot of people. The guy/gal who done this, Nintendo...
Man. I like to think I'm creative time to time...

I saw a tarantula and could have caught it, but I didn't have my net out and it disappeared by the time I could. Also scared away an oak silk moth in the process :/

Oh well, I did find a gold nugget. Starting bid is 10k bells.

Fantomex

So i finished the first payment on my house and im upgrading, however i still cant find a way to Reggies house. i made sure to turn on spotpass in the menu :( my wifi is always on and i leave the 3ds in sleep mode, i just dont know how!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Here's an Alice in Wonderland themed one I just visited: 3300-0238-8542

tumblr_mp1d935MTw1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1d935MTw1sw5rnlo2_r1_400.jpg

The Mad Hatter's house and upstairs (the pic I took of the Mad Hatter mysteriously disappeared)

tumblr_mp1dhaMDnH1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

The rabbit, naturally.

tumblr_mp1dldXnlN1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1do5KqHl1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1dq6aCG71sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1duoXbdt1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Those are the rooms in the "rabbit's" house.

tumblr_mp1dwm9kkP1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1dxoX8V41sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1e1pdrTK1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1e4dDEu71sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1e7rF8SY1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

The Queen of Spades. Note the path pattern.

tumblr_mp1e9sUHMy1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp1edaCXIc1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Way more effort was put into all that than I'll ever put into my town :p

cluderi

Stupid question for visiting other towns.I'm ok to use full speed movement from the directional pad so long as I don't press the "run" button or mash around in the persons flowers?

SmithnCo

Stupid question for visiting other towns.I'm ok to use full speed movement from the directional pad so long as I don't press the "run" button or mash around in the persons flowers?

Yeah, you can't hurt flowers unless you're holding a run button.

I gotta visit that Alice town, looks sweet.

Firehead

The pacing of this game is terrible. Last 5 days or so, nothing. Today? Nook's renovating, Kicks building, Dream Suite unlocked and QR machine unlocked. :lol

I spent a ridiculous amount of time this morning trying out different paths. I'm quite happy with this one.

Ty0bQEy.jpg

YJsTS0A.jpg

Anyone know a good site for path designs?

Those path designs look great. Mind paying them, please?

mantidor

Ah, alright.

I just give props to a lot of people. The guy/gal who done this, Nintendo...
Man. I like to think I'm creative time to time...

Oh I only knew it by name, but curiosity kill the cat, so I just returned...

D: damn, my town sucks now hahaha the amount of effort put into that,.. indeed, Japan is insane, the game isn't even that old!

The villager's houses in Aika are all kinda creepy too with those dolls.

Even the villagers personalities seems carefully selected, "do not touch anything, even if it's just a dream" or something like that, amazing. Screenshots would certainly not do it justice.

I haven't tripped once in two weeks, today my dude is tripping constantly, like every 20 or 30 steps, what's up with that?

Your luck is randomly determined every day, unlike in past games where Katrina "gave" you good or bad luck. If you're tripping that means you have bad luck today. I would advise that you stop running places.

Alternately you can find someone with Katrina in town and get your fortune, and she will tell you how to dispel the bad luck.

PKrockin

Oh, the game has a RPG-style luck stat that changes every day, huh... I thought it was because my villager slept while the game was off, and I was just leaving it in sleep mode all the time, hence he was tired.

Caught a saw shark worth 12,000 bells but I just have to donate everything to the museum as soon as I get it..

BowieZ

Banned
Can someone give some advice on catching those June fish who frequent waterfall areas (I forget the name)... I've tired for a few hours with no luck.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Can someone give some advice on catching those June fish who frequent waterfall areas (I forget the name)... I've tired for a few hours with no luck.
The Char?
Go atop your river-ocean waterfall
Save and continue until you see a fish at the base of your waterfall

Socreges

Banned
Oh I only knew it by name, but curiosity kill the cat, so I just returned...

D: damn, my town sucks now hahaha the amount of effort put into that,.. indeed, Japan is insane, the game isn't even that old!

Even the villagers personalities seems carefully selected, "do not touch anything, even if it's just a dream" or something like that, amazing. Screenshots would certainly not do it justice.
Yeah, it's phenomenal. Even the preset town layout with the town tree in the middle. I can't imagine the amount of time it took. I don't want to imagine. Both inspiring and depressing.

IrishNinja

My crusade continues...

BNuxNC_CAAA_ahx.jpg

hahahaha
can't be long now!

QtnRkWc.jpg

My Game room is coming along nicely.

Where did you get that Pac man wallpaper? I want for my game room also.

yo how did you create then ask my exact question in the same post

So...Reese is buying turnips for 546 Bells for another hour in my town. I made 27,000 Bells this morning lol.

ibnA8xs5CJG5PT.JPG

iCbObRtZo8iu3.JPG

SONOFA
i hate you turnip people, i never make shit (;_;)
almost sold for 90 today cause fuggit

mantidor

Yeah, it's phenomenal. Even the preset town layout with the town tree in the middle. I can't imagine the amount of time it took. I don't want to imagine. Both inspiring and depressing.

For sure.

And now looking around the internets I found this little blog! I think the Dream Suite is going to be the death of my town, I feel I'm going to abandon public projects, flower care and letter sending for a long time hehe.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i'm starting to think I have the best town layout ever....

the original bridge is the one in the top right. the original houses are the 3 or 4 down the bottom (there were 2 or more to the right of them). and all new villages have put their houses in that line from my house, down the bridge...

KHljQHB.jpg

the entire top left portion of the map is my apple orchards!

Goddamn this art requirement for the museum shop is infuriating. No one is selling art at my town.
Don't worry, Redd will come. I was in the same position as you and I've had the game since launch day in the US. Redd visited the day before yesterday. I used an online guide to figure out the genuine art.

adroit

EDIT: I'm an idiot. I was playing in a dark room (in real life) and somehow my brain warped back into DS mode and I forgot about the circle pad. DUH!!!!! I was trying to roll with the d-pad rather than the circle pad. Moron Emeritus.

I tried Googling but didn't get any relevant hits...

I have a balloon bed in the southwest corner of my room. I laid down and rolled over against the wall. Then I played with the camera (tilt and rotate). Now nothing I press will roll me back out of the bed...the d-pad is stuck controlling the camera. Do I have to save and quit to get out of bed? Or is there a trick to make the d-pad roll me out of bed again?

Sorry if this is a FAQ.

I tried Googling but didn't get any relevant hits...

I have a balloon bed in the southwest corner of my room. I laid down and rolled over against the wall. Then I played with the camera (tilt and rotate). Now nothing I press will roll me back out of the bed...the d-pad is stuck controlling the camera. Do I have to save and quit to get out of bed? Or is there a trick to make the d-pad roll me out of bed again?

Sorry if this is a FAQ.

The D-Pad only changes the camera. Use the circle pad o:

Zidy

i'm starting to think I have the best town layout ever....

the original bridge is the one in the top right. the original houses are the 3 or 4 down the bottom (there were 2 or more to the right of them). and all new villages have put their houses in that line from my house, down the bridge...

KHljQHB.jpg

the entire top left portion of the map is my apple orchards!

I only have one of the small ponds and it's tucked in a small corner of my town. Ugh :(

adroit

The D-Pad only changes the camera. Use the circle pad o:
Yes, thanks. I discovered that for myself by turning the lights on (in real life) and suddenly remembering that the 3DS has a circle pad.

It also doesn't help that I exclusively play Fire Emblem with the d-pad (even though it supports the circle pad too).

GG-Duo

I didn't know pushing villagers pissed them off so much. I bet Chadder leaves soon!

Wait,what? I push villagers all the time in Re-Tail so they would buy my stuff.

Also, I saw a grasshopper IRL today, and all I could think about was — "I'd better get my net."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom