• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How many different normal fruits are there? (I.e not beach growing) wondering how many of each tree I can reasonably have - probably two of each and then some extra perfect local fruit? Or just one of each and keep a stock of fruit?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
How many different normal fruits are there? (I.e not beach growing) wondering how many of each tree I can reasonably have - probably two of each and then some extra perfect local fruit? Or just one of each and keep a stock of fruit?
10 I believe;I currently have 3 of each, but 2 sounds like a good number in the final designs of the town.

Apples
Oranges
Cherries
Pears

There is also persimmons but you can't buy them until later...I swear I'm missing something...=/

There's 12 total different fruit trees.

You should keep way more than 2 of each.

Gvaz

Banned
If you want to take a screenshot of your map, ask to demolish a public work project and the map shows up on the top screen. you can then take a screenshot.

I think that's how it works at least.

Socreges

Banned
There's 12 total different fruit trees.

You should keep way more than 2 of each.
Yeah, I've got an apple orchard with 60 trees. Peach orchard is 40, IIRC. 35ish for oranges. I'll do pears once I get more axes.

Once they're producing it'll be an easy, reliable way to make money without having to beetle farm.

Has anyone worked out a system to make the most money off perfect (native fruit) trees? Like, how many to plant each time and how many to sell?

Lotto

Is there some sort of technique to diving? I've been doing it where I dive first and then try and quickly swim towards the bubbles/shadow and while that usually works, it's not 100% foolproof. Maybe there isn't a way to be always successful with diving, but it's still pretty frustrating when I see a shadow and it disappears as I'm swimming towards it. Still, I have a pretty decent collection in my museum so far!

Socreges

Banned
I'm keeping a couple of bowls of each fruit type in storage too in my 'seed bank'. There surely isn't room on the island for much more than 2-3?
No need to bank bowls of fruit if you've got the respective fruit trees planted.

Also not sure why you'd be planting fruit trees on the island...?

Razorwind

How do I get perfect fruits? I got one before, but sold it =(
Do I need to shake the fruits off everyday so that they "respawn" or they "respawn" automatically while on the tree?

And should I be bothered by them?

TrickRoom

Hm... Does the Native Fruit of your town affect anything other than the trees that start off in your town? As in, if you cut them down and replaced them with some other tree, would there be any difference from having the other fruit to begin with?

Salsa

i'm starting to think I have the best town layout ever....

KHljQHB.jpg

Inaccessible beach on the right. Disqualified.

I've really slowed down on playing this, but it's just part of getting into the AC sweet spot of just playing for a bit each day. Got the Museum second floor today.

Inaccessible beach on the right. Disqualified.

Depends on what you want for your town. My first map had all the beach accessible, but my current one has a large strip that you can only get to with a wet suit. This will be a good place to bury things or restrict to special visitors.

acidagfc

I've got a few questions.

Are native fruits supposed to bloom each day? My pears only give fruits once in 3 days, same as all other fruit trees.

What are gyroids for? They are ugly and kinda useless. Do I sell them? Do I keep them?

Is there a way to force citizen to leave town? Some of animals in my town really annoy me :( And they all are domestic animals, like horses or sheep. I want some variety.

Vexxan

Off to a great start today, Kicks opened, Redd's in town, Club LOL construction approved and I finally got access to the QR code machine.

Kicks took its sweet time, but it is finally here! Dr. Shrunk might as well have bashed in my front door as he was waiting outside my house to canvas me for Club LOL too (which is always a nice surprise!)

Managed to build another bridge too, so no more awkward trips across one bridge to reach a whole other side of town, I also believe I have a second floor on my house now?!

Things are looking up in Qwerty. I might finally start implementing my "grand design" start cutting down trees, placing pathways and planting more flowers!

This weekend is going to be great!

Are native fruits supposed to bloom each day? My pears only give fruits once in 3 days, same as all other fruit trees.

What are gyroids for? They are ugly and kinda useless. Do I sell them? Do I keep them?

Is there a way to force citizen to leave town? Some of animals in my town really annoy me :( And they all are domestic animals, like horses or sheep. I want some variety.
gyroids make cool sounds in rhythm to your music. If you don't want them I'll buy/trade them, since I collect them.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, sold my shovel by mistake, and mart don't have em today. Anybody want to let me in for a quick shop in about fifteen mins?

Socreges

Banned
5472 6941 0998 (usually play around 19-20 GMT)

I'd happily trade them for some fruits (still missing mangoes, apples and bananas) :)
Not to step on his toes, but I've got plenty of all three if he doesn't. (interested in your gyroids as well)

Still hoping someone with a Re-tail open could help a brother out...?

Wrayfield

Growth rate is the same. The only thing is, your native fruit tree sometimes grows a perfect version of it. It can be sold for some serious bells in other towns (also more in your town, but not quite as much). You can grow a tree of perfect fruit of your native fruit. Not other perfect fruit will grow in your town though.

I find gyroids annoying, too. The animals seem to like them so I put them on sale in Re-Tail for a good price :)

Best chance to force someone out is to ignore him, and then have someone visit your town and talk a lot to him. That gives you a good chance that the animal moves to the other town.

Stoze

Has anyone caught a Gar yet? I've passed by my river pool a zillion times, but I've never seen a big shadow in there past 4 pm. I did manage to catch a Giant Snakehead there though, otherwise it's always Catfish.

Chopper

Has anyone caught a Gar yet? I've passed by my river pool a zillion times, but I've never seen a big shadow in there past 4 pm. I did manage to catch a Giant Snakehead there though, otherwise it's always Catfish.
I've caught a couple. I wouldn't say either were in the "river pool". They were just enormous shadows in the river.

Krelian

Started this game yesterday. It's fun as always! I do have a question regarding visiting other towns though. I visited a friend successfully and already migrated cherries and oranges to my town (native fruits are peaches) but my friend can't successfully visit my town :( I guess it's a router/port problem. Kinda sucks though. Shortly after his arrival there's a Mr. Resetti image on the top screen and the bottom screen shows an error message with error code 003-4099. Does anybody else have that problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom