• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dock

I just abandoned my last shred of dignity and made a Tumblr of QR Codes for my clothing designs.

tumblr_mp1ww2MdPu1sxfhzvo1_400.jpg

http://dockycrossing.tumblr.com/

MicH

So this has been a pretty disappointing day so far.

- No new hybrids for second day in a row
- A decent number of my bushes seem to have randomly died (some in the same spots as yesterday???) There are no rocks, no trees, no buildings, no edges or cliffs in the way.
- Only 1 out of 4 fossils was new
- Saharah is in town again. Stil no Katrina or Gracie (though the wallpaper and carpet she gave me is pretty boss)
- Only one pair of new shoes at Kicks
- Able Sisters had terrible things for sale
- Museum shop still has zero silver items
- It's raining again

Not everything was all bad though:

- My two fortune cookies had new stuff (balance board, hero's clothes)
- I got lots of great stuff in the mail (glass displays etc)
- started remodeling the train station
- Blaire moved in
- Got the MEGAPHONE
- Finally got the lobster and the giant isopod

So eh.. I didn't get any of the items I ordered for trading. So I will have to wait a few hours for those. I DID order a LOT yesterday :p

Linius

So this has been a pretty disappointing day so far.

- No new hybrids for second day in a row
- A decent number of my bushes seem to have randomly died (some in the same spots as yesterday???) There are no rocks, no trees, no buildings, no edges or cliffs in the way.
- Only 1 out of 4 fossils was new
- Saharah is in town again. Stil no Katrina or Gracie (though the wallpaper and carpet she gave me is pretty boss)
- Only one pair of new shoes at Kicks
- Able Sisters had terrible things for sale
- Museum shop still has zero silver items
- It's raining again

Not everything was all bad though:

- My two fortune cookies had new stuff (balance board, hero's clothes)
- I got lots of great stuff in the mail (glass displays etc)
- started remodeling the train station
- Blaire moved in
- Got the MEGAPHONE
- Finally got the lobster and the giant isopod

So eh.. I didn't get any of the items I ordered for trading. So I will have to wait a few hours for those. I DID order a LOT yesterday :p

So no drumkit, that breaks my heart.

sugarless

Got the QR machine today, so here are some designs!

Training top from Hunger Games
qsCzcbU.jpg
MNh4pnj.jpg

E5sSP7A.jpg
WDOJVLA.jpg

Leon's RE6 leather jacket (not totally happy with the attempt at texture. It looks better on the character, and pure black looks better in the design screen but is somehow too dark when worn...)
Kk4b8V7.jpg
hdNzWZs.jpg

nL20N9q.jpg
oxjCQki.jpg

Nyan Cat!
fzR8XSO.jpg

Kyoto Daimonji festival poster
J3Uvq3E.jpg

Guys, i'm collecting gyroids now and I have a question. Does anyone know in what order they're supposed to be? I'm pretty sure I have the whole set of Dingaloids but no idea in what order to put them in. There's Tall, Squat. Mini, Wee and Normal. I'm kinda stumped. I know it doesn't really matter in the long run, but I care.

IrishNinja

hey since you need 20 fortunes told to get a public works for her, can you just buy 20 fortunes from katrina in one day?

also talking to villagers hoping for them to suggest new works sometimes seems to annoy them, i wonder if im chasing them off

Tadale

I bet this has been discussed on here, but does your luck figure in to what lucky tickets you get? I seem to be getting a lot of doubles/losing tickets, while my wife regularly gets some of the coolest stuff.

Coincidence, or is her house designed better?

Nightz

So Muffy moved out of my town a couple of days ago (thank goodness!). Last night I found out that she moved in to my wife's town lolol. Her game even mentioned that she came from my town.

Linius

I like most of my villagers but they really suck when it comes to giving me new public works projects. So far I only got the Modern bridge and stadiumlights added :(

MicH

So Muffy moved out of my town a couple of days ago (thank goodness!). Last night I found out that she moved in to my wife's town lolol. Her game even mentioned that she came from my town.
Oh man, that is both terrible and hilarious. Sorry man.

I want Muffy out as well. Annalise is moving on July 1st (thank god) and then I want Muffy out.

I kinda want Gayle and Peewee out, but that is purely based on the fact that they houses are blocking paths and stuff I want to build. I like them otherwise.

teeny

well any of these would be great,

astro lamp
astro shelf
astro cd player
astro chair
astro wall

or furniture from the classic series :)

welp, entered a wrong number in your code. its open now

I will have a look when I get home tonight. Ill send you a PM :)

Anyone have any Rococo pieces besides the sofa and floor? I'm willing to pay/trade for the item itself or the opportunity to catalogue it.

Also, I made 3 posts on Tumblr of 20-something screenshots of Reggie's HHS house. I took shots of every angle of each room so everything should be included. I've been using them to plan out my 5 items per day orders but they might be useful for non-NA gaffers who want to catalogue these things from those of who have access to it. Bear in mind that not everything is orderable.

Post 1: http://jlc.tumblr.com/post/54012011406/day-18-for-the-benefit-of-people-outside-of-na
Post 2: http://jlc.tumblr.com/post/54012015277/day-17-more-of-reggies-house-for-people-outside
Post 3: http://jlc.tumblr.com/post/54012017335/day-18-the-last-of-reggies-house-with-the-asian

So those of you with paths, are you able to see any fossil spots through your paths? I would hate to not be able to find some of them each day cause my paths were over them.

So those of you with paths, are you able to see any fossil spots through your paths? I would hate to not be able to find some of them each day cause my paths were over them.

That particular tile would be considered taken or occupied so the fossil would spawn elsewhere. Just like fossils not spawning where flowers or trees are planted.

corn_fest

iirc, fossils and other buried things won't show up under paths. But as long as you have 8 open spots of ground somewhere in your town, you're good.

Damn @ us hitting 16,000 posts in the OT2.

Man, I swear I can never grow any blue pansies. I've had my arrangement of white pansies just sitting there for days.

But, on the bright side, I did manage to make two more orange roses. I'll make two more purple roses to begin making the "special" red roses that yield blue ones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've had a nice arrangement of flowers for crossbreeding purposes that is giving me nothing whereas the flowers that I've just dumped in the corner willy nilly gave me two orange pansies this morning. Sod's law.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tom Nook might have lessened his evil but his prices are steeper than usual.

Gems sell for 2,000 each (at least) so you're looking at 16,000 (or more) for gems, and 16,100 for bells. If you keep the gems, though, Re-Tail occasionally pay double for ores. Plus if you mess up, you're losing 2k rather than 8k for the last drop.

Ah sweet, so it looks like I'll be keeping the silver shovel then. Also there's a chance for silver and gold right?

If I recall correctly, using an axe has a faster hit animation and allows you to get a bonus 8,000 bells, this however is difficult without a silver or gold axe due to how easily the normal ones break.

Nah I can 8k fine.

Marbles

I got my first hybrid pink rose today.
Kicks the shoe shop has only just opened and i'm also currently getting signatures for the the Club.
My town is slowly coming together.

BowieZ

Banned
I was banned for most of it, but I've enjoyed reading most of the first 360 pages of these OTs.

I love how there's so much to do in this game that it just goes in a never ending cycle of topics - people trying to keep up with the cutting edge of mayoral knowledge.

- flowers
- hybrids and breeding patterns
- tools and silver tools
- fossils
- gyroids
- museum
- shop expansions
- Re-Tail
- sales
- turnips
- online interaction
- island tours
- medals
- beetle farming
- sharks
- wetsuit
- rare fish
- waterfalls
- town layout
- paths
- trees
- stumps
- fruit
- perfect fruit
- rare items
- errands
- letters
- presents
- villagers
- catch phrases
- ordinances
- public works
- home expansion
- home customization
- screenshots and tumblr
- QR codes
- dream suite
- StreetPass village
- Redd's art
- weather and rain
- seasons
- Phineas's badges
- pocket space
- stacking fruit
- rotting
- dirt and grass
- flowers

MicH

Saharah gave me a makeover today. I kinda dig it.

tumblr_mp20z7o5GS1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Blaire is moving in. Such a cutie!!

tumblr_mp20zzQmQy1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Got my new street lamp today!
tumblr_mp210qfqCO1svgayqo1_400.jpg

This is where I plan to build my cafe. I rather like the placement:

tumblr_mp216pleOW1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Some of you may remember me posting images of the golden slingshot as well as the silver slingshot floatin by yesterday. Well this just randomly happened:

tumblr_mp217gzU721svgayqo1_400.jpg

What the..? I now have two silver slingshot, a golden slingshot and my old regular slingshot.So eh.. somebody need a slingshot?

And now a montage of all my randomly dead bushes. What is up with this!?

tumblr_mp211iZuHf1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp212cUIUD1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp2135DmMz1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp2142gY9c1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp214wUJn91svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp215rEpkE1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Nothing is near these bushes (other than other bushes). Why do they keep dying?

Morokh

Damn @ us hitting 16,000 posts in the OT2.

And yet first time I saw this thread slip on Page 2 xD

I started messing around with placing roads and such last night and with creating a second character, and my OCD kicked in, so I started my town anew (after 40 ish hours ... :p)

I think I found a good new layout today on my lunch break, must try to plan this carefully tonight to see If I keep it or not.

Only thing that will be a pain is re-opening all the shops and all xD

BTW how many tiles is a fully grown house ?

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
Anyone around to trade fruit? I have cherries and peaches (native) or trade you some doubles of Nintendo items I have (mushroom mural, 2 coins, super mushroom, 1up mushroom, triforce, & Pikmin) and could use apples, pears and oranges since I keep getting pestered by my townsfolk for them. I'm also looking for the Starman from Earthbound from the fortune cookies. Friend code in profile. PM if you want to deal.

Kirby102

What the..? I now have two silver slingshot, a golden slingshot and my old regular slingshot.So eh.. somebody need a slingshot?

Can I have a slingshot? I'm sick of waiting for the Nookling shop to stock it, they keep stocking the same things D:< argh haha

Alec

So I just finished paying off the final upgrade on my house and
Lyle wants me to switch my HHA participation to a theme-based scoring system, meaning that I will no longer get points-per-item. I agreed to it, but I have no idea what I am getting myself into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom