• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the only rainy day I have. :/

tumblr_mp2h64cGst1stdouno1_400.jpg

ahahahaha. You're lucky to see another sunny day until mid July. Until then it's rainy season in AC.
its this big and you can open 4 rooms
gKS21wX.jpg

Oh man. And I thought I'd have to throw away all my gyroids. Still about a week to go until I can expand the museum though. :/

zroid

Banned
Alpine Panels are pretty rad.

I don't even have an Alpine theme going, but I just ordered a whole bunch from the catalogue and I'm going to give each one a different customization and mount them all adjacently. Will be awesome.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
30 fish donated for Silver Rod
15 fossils for Silver Shovel. If you plan on customizing furniture colors from Cyrus, this will make 'money rocks' spew out ores.
30 bugs/insects for Silver Net

I have the former 2 right now.

I'm pretty sure I have the first one, I just can't unlock it because I have no art. Is Redd random or does he come on set days?

Sleepy

So at Mich's town, checking out his dead bushes and selling fruit, when he tells me that he has caught two coachlath (or however it's spelled) that day. Seeing as I have been fishing for one of these since the second day of release, without luck, I figured I would try to catch one. The result (oh and the first fish I caught):

1017658_263401540465769_1975971459_n.jpg

First he gets like 568 turnip prices last week, and then three of these bastards in one DAY?! WTF. Lucky fucking Danish bastard.

ahahahaha. You're lucky to see another sunny day until mid July. Until then it's rainy season in AC.

Really? Were the first few days to pull me into the game? Lol
Looks like I'll be heading to the island a lot more, if that's the case!

-----

I've come to the conclusion that I would start using the island to farm for money, like you guys. I'll only use that money to upgrade the town and fund projects, though, while I will get money the old fashion way to pay for my house and buy personal stuff.

Boogiepop

So, any chance anyone has a town well set up to catch snails right now? I'm pretty sure the island won't be kind to me before June ends. I'm not sure I have much of anything of value to offer, but it would be a HUGE help if anyone could lend me a hand. So close to having all of June's time sensitive stuff!

SmithnCo

Alpine Panels are pretty rad.

I don't even have an Alpine theme going, but I just ordered a whole bunch from the catalogue and I'm going to give each one a different customization and mount them all adjacently. Will be awesome.

Yeah, they're great for little patterns if the standard paintings are too big.

Is there any way to get the furniture that I want or do I have to wait and see if they're stocked at Nook's?

Ask here and see if people have it so you can borrow it so it can get cataloged so you can buy it. Also villagers will give you furniture from time to time.

L-l-like Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns?

which copied Tales of Two Cities? Man it has been forever since I played a harvest moon

not sure just been watching Lin and Kohei on youtube play ACNL for months it seems having one town open late or rich and another set to beautiful is easier and I can always have an easy open gate to go visit and have two turnip prices to check

hopefully Nintendo does not release a special 3DS XL for the Zelda that is coming or I'll end up with 3 towns

Theandrin

I have an extra Arwing that I don't need. I don't want to sell it though, I want to trade it for fruit.

I still need the follow fruit:
Apples
Oranges
Pears
and Coconuts

If someone can trade me at least 2 of each, I'll happily trade my Arwing for them.

My FC is 1118-0218-9237

I seem to have connection issues though with people coming to my town, so I might have to come to yours to do the trade.

I'm still having real issues getting this thing anything like stable in online mode.

I know a few others here have had the same problems and wondered what you did to try and fix it? I've set a static I.P address, I have set it in the DMZ on my router. I have tried google's own dns servers. But nothing works with any stability.

Of course, I shouldn't be doing any of that crap seeing as this game is aimed at the kind of people who would give you a blank stare the moment you mention any of the above.

Never had a single issue with any other online stuff on 3DS, just this game :/

you have two 3ds and two copies of this game?

yeah ended up buying a red and black XL when I did not find the ACNL bundle

needed an XL for the bigger screen and had my original black 3DS with Ambassador status but was not willing to move my files over

so two towns is kinda fun since I open my gate local and right now both Mayors are on the island fishing and hunting for bugs

I am hunting with both

mrklaw

MrArseFace
which copied Tales of Two Cities? Man it has been forever since I played a harvest moon

not sure just been watching Lin and Kohei on youtube play ACNL for months it seems having one town open late or rich and another set to beautiful is easier and I can always have an easy open gate to go visit and have two turnip prices to check

hopefully Nintendo does not release a special 3DS XL for the Zelda that is coming or I'll end up with 3 towns

Plus more stock in stores to choose from. I have three players on my 3DS and sharing a fixed number of fossils, items for sale, fruit etc is a pain in the ass. One fortune cookie between three people makes for a very slow collection. I really wish they'd adjust that for multiple saves - eg each player gets unique fossil placements

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have an extra Arwing that I don't need. I don't want to sell it though, I want to trade it for fruit.

I still need the follow fruit:
Apples
Oranges
Pears
and Coconuts

If someone can trade me at least 2 of each, I'll happily trade my Arwing for them.

My FC is 1118-0218-9237

I seem to have connection issues though with people coming to my town, so I might have to come to yours to do the trade.

Got all but coconuts, come and grab. FC in profile

Hugstable

Banned
Is Char really that rare? I've gotten two randomly since I started my game on Saturday. Still haven't found a Cherry Salmon for some reason though. Finally got an Axe today and I just learned that I have to talk to someone everyday to get the QR machine so I'm a bit behind on that. Really want to but basic pathways soon though so I can start organizing my towns and do something fun with these flowers besides just stacking them all near my house lol.

Animekatt

I only need 9 more fossils before my collection is completed!

Apato Tail
Archelon Skull
Mammoth Torso
Mega Torso
Pachy Tail
Ptera Torso
Sabertooth Skull
Spino Tail
Dinosaur Egg

Please let me know if you have these, and would like to trade

List of my fossil dupes

Is Char really that rare? I've gotten two randomly since I started my game on Saturday. Still haven't found a Cherry Salmon for some reason though. Finally got an Axe today and I just learned that I have to talk to someone everyday to get the QR machine so I'm a bit behind on that. Really want to but basic pathways soon though so I can start organizing my towns and do something fun with these flowers besides just stacking them all near my house lol.

Make an alternate character for paths if you plan on using one that requires 5-9 patterns. You need to have them on a character at all times for the paths to remain on your town.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I had a few drinks of Scotch and decided it was the perfect time to begin constructing roads in my town. Don't let me down tipsy self!

I just started and I don't know what to do excatly

Whatever you want. The game is best experienced at your own pace. Talk to Isabelle so she'll give you tips about what you can do and some tools. Talk to your villagers. Go fishing or catch bugs. This game starts a bit slow with things you can do but it picks up later.

Chopper

I remember in Wild World, people visiting your town pushed the mail through, so ordering stuff for people was super simple. Is that still the case, or did they "fix" that?

MicH

Still waiting for a freakin' mannequin. Why won't Sable give me one? :

I got the QR machine days ago...
I am in this exact situation. Damn it, Sable, give that damn mannequin!

I keep getting damn Midna's Masks!

Anyone want to trade for one? I also have duplicates of Kart and Varia Suit pants.
Oh man, I need one! But I have no duplicate fortune cookie items yet. Are there any other furniture you're looking for? Or bells? :p

Hugstable

Banned
Make an alternate character for paths if you plan on using one that requires 5-9 patterns. You need to have them on a character at all times for the paths to remain on your town.

Really? Thanks a lot dude that's really useful to know! I was planning on making an alt either today or tomorrow for the sole purpose of putting more items away since I'm running out of space in my drawers. (Should I even be selling things like my furniture or stuff I don't need. I keep hearing cataloging do they mean just keeping tabs on what they already have?) I thought they would give out more spaces or so with the QR machine but I guess not. How many alts can I make on one game anyway? Be nice for the space and tile opportunity.

Hugstable

Banned

Anyone want to trade for one? I also have duplicates of Kart and Varia Suit pants.

Ohh I would love for a Minda Mask! I don't really have much since I just started the game and just got a Majora's Mask today from the cookies and was wanting to make a game room filled with Zelda masks lol. I don't really have much to trade with though since I just started this week besides stuff like gyroids -_-.

MicH

Also, I know this probably won't happen, but if someone somehow has an overflow of purple roses and need orange roses to make blue roses, I would love to trade. I still haven't gotten a single purple rose (despite my white rose garden is the biggest I have), but have no less than 9 orange roses.

So if there's someone out there willing to trade, please hit me up. I am also willing to give 2 orange roses for 1 purple.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
AfhFtrN.jpg

Mean :(

Also I got some dupes, master sword, bananas, red shells, arwing, block. I'll trade for another fortune cookie item.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

Oh, I want a Midna Mask! I can trade a Blue Pikmin hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom