• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Topic

Finally got a AC streetpass today, quite cool that you can see someone elses house, just a shame by the looks of it this person had only just started and had nothing of worth to buy

It becomes a slight pain though later. I filled up pretty much my entire HHS during E3 and when people needed something, I went running through each home looking for it. I have a couple marked in particular but it ends up being a time sink. I've had to cut down offering things to people because it was beginning to not be worth the hassle versus reciprocation in general. I make sure my homies are taken care of though.

PKrockin

So does anyone who doesn't have native cherries want to open their gate for me? Scrambling to get enough bells for an exterior remodel from Nook ;(

I'd be willing to drop a few behind for orchard purposes!

I've got native oranges. Also pears.

3136-6581-6805

Velcro Fly

Got my signatures for my Club LOL

Got two metroids today in my fortune cookies.

Fully upgraded my 2nd floor the other day. It feels good to be able to buy walls/carpet now though.

UberTag

So, Alfonso is currently camping in my town. I want him to move in but whenever I suggest it he says he is happy where he is. Can I convince him otherwise?
My campground is currently permanently vacated due to having my 10 citizens already locked in to town.
(The 10th moved in after the campground was built but was not one of my campers.)

I'm orchestrating a campaign of net battery, pit fall pushing, house trapping and trash delivery to Elise in order to get her to self-evict and get the campground train rolling again.

Also, I'm cheesed that I've still only gotten one perfect orange (which I accidentally ate on Day 1) and have not received one since through 14 days.

Club LOL finally opened up today and got my first emotion (sneezing). You can only get one emotion per day

And I have Redd in my town. He only has one 1 legit piece of art. If you're willing to cough up over 100k for the painting, then you can buy it

Roto13

Club LOL finally opened up today and got my first emotion (sneezing). You can only get one emotion per day

And I have Redd in my town. He only has one 1 legit piece of art. If you're willing to cough up over 100k for the painting, then you can buy it

I'm so glad there are people in AC-GAF who just want to help and not make a profit.

Money is pretty easy to make in this game. Seems kinda ridiculous to charge people for that....

But hey that is just my opinion.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You have to remove the path on the ground
I don't think that is the problem. I had loads of designs on the ground when I was planning out a small park to work out where I wanted my projects and if a project went over where a design was it just erased the design from that spot.

A question about the beautiful town ordinance: is every flower watered at the beginning of the day, or do the villagers randomly water the flowers throughout the day? Watering is getting to be a hassle, and I'm not sure running around and trying to catch all the flowers that were "missed" by the other villagers is preferable to just doing it all myself.

You'll see the villagers randomly water some flowers, but only the same as they normally do. However with the ordinance you won't need to water anything at all, the flowers just won't sparkle since that is only to show that it has been manually watered.

Finally visited Aika's town in the Dream Suite. Goddamn is this place creepy. I love it. It's like I'm playing Yume Nikki or something.

Any other really creepy towns to visit in the dream world?

FillerB

Has this been posted yet? There's a new item in the European Club Nintendo-catalogus.

iVWNz59OHNk0j.png

1500 Stars.

Koomaster

For those wanting more public works projects; as has been posted, it's random but neighbors suggest them. You'll be walking around and hear their excited sound and they will rush up to you wanting to talk. Most of the time it's usually something else (like you have something they want to buy/trade or vice versa; or they want you to change their catchphrase) but sometimes it is asking for a new project.

A good way to trigger this is to go around your town and look for any villagers who are outside their homes wandering around. Talk to them a bit and then go to a remote area of your town where they can't see you for ~10-15 min. Then go and find them again and you'll get them wanting to rush up to talk to you about something.

I don't know how rare it is for them to ask about a public works project, but I have been getting at least one request a day if not more.

Also supposedly different villager types will suggest different things. Like you will only get the stadium light request from jock type villagers. So if there is something specific you really want suggested, look it up online and see if there is a specific villager type who asks for it and focus on that villager (if you have one of that type). Most projects though can be suggested by any villager type.

Edit: Here is a site that lists what villager types request which public works projects.
In case anyone missed this, for the new page.

I just did this again in my town (talk to villagers, leave for 15 min. and come back). Results!...

tumblr_mp46o3akrR1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp46p4KkRC1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Decided to put the camping cot near the campsite for extra camping goodness.

So anyway if you are having trouble getting your villagers to suggest public works projects, try this method. Might take a few tries, on this run had neighbors give me a shirt, and some furniture. I was fortunate Moe had a Public Works request on my first try.

Roto13

I didn't realize only certain villager types can request certain projects.

I'm glad I have at least one of each type, then.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And here I was thinking of just giving away things like Nintendo furniture and Balloon stuff (cos I sure as hell won't find any buyers for that stuff)

Stat!

I'm so glad there are people in AC-GAF who just want to help and not make a profit.

Same here. Bluepolicebox was kind enough to give me an axe, fishing rod, and nearly every type of fruit. When I offered to tip her, she refused. When I said that I owe her, she said no worries.

Helping out a complete beginner including figuring out how to connect. Tremendous help.

Going to repay this community back.

CoolS

I cut down all the banan trees on my island, but somehow it seems like now only two different kinds of beatles spawn. Haven't seen another one in the last 45 minutes or so. Did I fuck up? :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I cut down all the banan trees on my island, but somehow it seems like now only two different kinds of beatles spawn. Haven't seen another one in the last 45 minutes or so. Did I fuck up? :(
Er.... you are meant to cut down the trees in the middle and keep the palm (banana) trees.

zroid

Banned

I think you got it backwards. You're supposed to leave the palm trees and cut down the others. :p

Although, it helps to get rid of the palms at the south end of the island.

You're supposed to leave the banana palms and cut down everything else. D:

suzu

Just so people know, those who have the QR machine unlocked and museum second floor..

You can swap out the sign designs as you like, and the pattern does not need to stay in your pocket. The same for your town flag.

As far as I know, it only works for these. I have not tried it on the signs from the public works projects yet (since I haven't built any of them lol).

----

tumblr_mot49qH2DS1svw95ao1_1280.jpg

Beetles and bells guide, in handy-dandy image form.

You will have to replant everything again if you still need to catch certain bugs for the museum and encyclopedia. To regrow stuff: the tropical fruit and flowers can be taken from tours, and bushes are bought with tour medals.

You can also leave 1 or 2 trees in the middle to catch other bugs (such as Rainbow stag and Giant stag) if you want.

Uhh oh. See this image above that I made. D:

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Public works are such a pain. Wanted to put a town clock on the opposite side of my bench from my street lamp. it apparently it is too close to the plaza. And if I try and move it, it's too close to something else. Tiny little 1x1 items shouldn't need so much space around them.and it seems like the space can't overlap - so I can't have fountain-space-clock, I need fountain-space-space-clock

UberTag

Collect coconuts and bananas from the tours and replant them on your main island beach.
Wait a few days until they regrow. Crisis averted.

CoolS

Er.... you are meant to cut down the trees in the middle and keep the palm (banana) trees.

I think you got it backwards. You're supposed to leave the palm trees and cut down the others. :p

Although, it helps to get rid of the palms at the south end of the island.

You're supposed to leave the banana palms and cut down everything else. D:

Collect coconuts and bananas from the tours and replant them on your main island beach.
Wait a few days until they regrow. Crisis averted.

Oh crap, I really got it backwards :D Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom