• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Question: These custom tiles I see people putting down, are they actually made of brick/stone/whatever or is it just a cosmetic change to the ground?

Purely cosmetic, people are just using design patterns and sticking them around their town, but they can look fantastic if applied correctly.

I can't stand it when the villagers decide to leave, even when you talk to them on a regular basis and they don't even give you the chance to convince them to stay...=/

Megatron

I can't stand it when the villagers decide to leave, even when you talk to them on a regular basis and they don't even give you the chance to convince them to stay...=/

Yeah, I haven't had anyone actually leave yet, but only the villagers I like have said they were leaving and all changed their minds when I said not to go. I have 4 villagers I'd like to leave and of course they say they same stupid things every day and never offer to go.

Koomaster

So far all the villagers in my town who told me they were leaving it has given me the option to tell them to stay and they have.

I remember from the GC game (and maybe Wild World too) villagers wouldn't give you any warning they were moving. They would suddenly pack up their house one day. The only way to get them to stay was by sending them a letter with a present attached.

If for some reason a villager in your town isn't giving you the option of telling them to stay, I would definitely try that. Not sure if you have to wait till they actually pack up their house or not in this game though. The villagers in this game seem to give you a date a week in advance of when they are moving. But if it's a favorite villager, talk to them often till that day and maybe they will give you the option to tell them to stay. And if not, send them a present the day before they say they are moving out.

Debs

Thank you to the people who have helped me get the exotic items I need so far :) I'm still looking to either catalog or buy the following if anyone else can help also :) Thanks!

Exotic Bed
Exotic Bureau
Exotic End Table
Exotic Lamp
Exotic Wall Shelf

The Main Street music changed today. I think it had something to do with new shops being open? I never noticed it being different before.

Awwww yissss.
tumblr_mp4fzs8pYY1qf54ayo1_400.jpg

And the best design board.
tumblr_mp4g13MzWK1qf54ayo1_400.jpg

Yeah, I haven't had anyone actually leave yet, but only the villagers I like have said they were leaving and all changed their minds when I said not to go. I have 4 villagers I'd like to leave and of course they say they same stupid things every day and never offer to go.

Really? Diana said she was leaving but I asked her to stay, and she did.

So far all the villagers in my town who told me they were leaving it has given me the option to tell them to stay and they have.

I remember from the GC game (and maybe Wild World too) villagers wouldn't give you any warning they were moving. They would suddenly pack up their house one day. The only way to get them to stay was by sending them a letter with a present attached.

If for some reason a villager in your town isn't giving you the option of telling them to stay, I would definitely try that. Not sure if you have to wait till they actually pack up their house or not in this game though. The villagers in this game seem to give you a date a week in advance of when they are moving. But if it's a favorite villager, talk to them often till that day and maybe they will give you the option to tell them to stay. And if not, send them a present the day before they say they are moving out.

Yeah, it's weird that happened. I will certainly the letter with a present attached thingy next time that occurs...though I'm not super fond of many of my neighbors right now lol. I also wish it was easier to boot villagers you didn't like!

Oxx

I got two more streetpasses today.

The game wouldn't allow me to order the wallpaper in one of the houses. What's up with that? I can understand that some of the Nintendo memorabilia is exempt, but wall-coverings?

I got two more streetpasses today.

The game wouldn't allow me to order the wallpaper in one of the houses. What's up with that? I can understand that some of the Nintendo memorabilia is exempt, but wall-coverings?

Maybe it came from Saharah? That stuff isn't orderable through even our own catalogues.

Koomaster

It started off innocently enough; Leonardo just wanted to give me a present.

tumblr_mp4graN6B11swqxw3o1_400.jpg

A space station, but aren't those really large and in orbit normally? Uh, how did you, what?

tumblr_mp4gsgSMuV1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Is... is the sky getting darker Leonardo? Are you deorbiting a space station into the town?!

tumblr_mp4gtuCVLo1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

That's the heat from the space station getting ready to crash into town, not your blood stirring! It's boiling!

tumblr_mp4gv2XA8e1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES AHHHHHH!!!

Giving away this stuff if anyone want's something:

Arwing
Bad Bro's Stache
Block
Blue Falcon
Fi Mask
Modern Sofa
Pachysaurus torso
Pikmin x2
Red Pikmin hat x2
White Katana
Yellow Pikmin hat

georly

Sucks that Streetpass isn't compatible with the Nintendo image upload site.

I had to insert my SD card like a peasant.

When i go to upload to tumblr, it just pulls up all my 3ds camera images. It distinguishes between animal crossing and others?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Sucks that Streetpass isn't compatible with the Nintendo image upload site.

I had to insert my SD card like a peasant.

You can upload to tumblr with the 3ds browser though it likes to crap out on me if I try that. Instead I just use gmail to send the pics to myself.

Khaz

Guys I just played with a japanese girl on the island, she gave me a crown? How come, I thought you couldn't bring anything over there?

Fantomex

I finally got my violin beetle. But for the life of me, can't find the ladybug anywhere :(

Is there a quicker way to swap tools? I feel like once I have all my tools I also will be without inventory space.

Finally, anyone have a slingshot for sale in their town?

do you mean like pressing left or right on the D PAD?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Man, today is my lucky day. Earlier when I started the game I caught a lady bug in the flowers by my house, and now I found a real lady bug in my salad from McDonalds.
Not joking.

That looks amazing! How long did it take you to pave the street like that? I want to try it but the limited amount of patterns allowed in the game is annoying.

Its not an easy process. It pays off in the long run but that road design takes up thirteen design slots. I have two extra characters that mostly just hold designs, and you have to switch to them to fix the road if you screw it up. Not to mention how long it takes just to put the road down tile by tile.

Wouldn't have it any other way though now that its down.

Nugg

Help guys! It's been raining every single fucking day in my town! Do I have bad luck? Is the weather that bad? Am I doing something wrong?

Help guys! It's raining every single fucking day in my town! Do I have bad luck? Is the weather that bad? Am I doing something wrong?

Animal Crossing: Seattle Edition. I feel the same way. It seems like it just wont stop raining. I can't even catch any cool fish. It'd be one thing if I got a rare fish or something. But rain and no fishing luck sucks!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The horse (Savannah) wanted out, but I pulled her back in! THERE AINT NO LEAVING HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom