• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Sneaking in on Resetti

tumblr_mp4kqbTHhT1svgayqo1_400.jpg

d'awwww

Busaiku

Dang, someone from Club Tortimer wanted me to visit their town, but when I tried adding them, it ended up being an invalid friend code.

Onikaan

Opinions.

So is New Leaf the best Animal Crossing?

I played Population Growing for years, but my interest in New Leaf is waning already.

We'll see how it goes.

Got my police station today!
KtFBFlD.jpg

First item in the lost and found was a game shelf.

Also, Club LOL finally opened and Shampoodle is being built.

Apparently I reached perfect town status without trying (or at least Isabelle was really excited) so I unlocked the alternate town halls and a flower clock... I'll save the flower clock until I build the café and then build it in front of it. I have a whole area of my town reserved for it.

Stat!

So while fishing, Poncho came up to me and wanted to trade for his neon sign. But I was moving to fast and missed what he wanted. Im afraid I traded him a fish I haven't donated yet - is there a way to see what I have donated vs my encyclopedia?

Velcro Fly

Whoa Willow wanted to move but I convinced her to stay. I guess I need to do a better job interacting with my town and making it great. :(

Anyone want to come to the opening of Club LOL? It opens in 10 mins

FC in profile

Could use at least one female for possible twerking but whatever :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The Saga of Pietro, the unsung hero of Kitewind
and target of Batman jokes
(Diggeh in Shindig)

SBnz8nJ.jpg

He’s the hero Kitewind deserves, but not the one it needs now.

kZTAcTT.jpg

You see, I’m a guy of simple taste. I enjoy balloons, and candy, and gum!

grUXqwS.jpg

This city just showed you that it’s full of villagers ready to believe in good!

QzNjCu4.jpg

Have you ever danced with a balloon animal in the pale moonlight?

ttCUqT8.jpg

You see, gossip, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!
(#she'srightthere)

S8sQ0iG.jpg

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! I am tonight’s entertainment!

Tenck

I wish Axes were easier to aquire. I'm cutting down all my trees and it's such a pain to have to wait for an axe to appear in the store.

dantehemi

Any advice for a beginner about to start a new game? I'm going in blind, should I just go in this thing free styling it or is there a common route everyone takes at the start of the game?

Any advice for a beginner about to start a new game? I'm going in blind, should I just go in this thing free styling it or is there a common route everyone takes at the start of the game?

The game starts pretty slow. Don't be confused if you feel like there's nothing left to do after an hour for the first day or two.
Your store will have either a net or a fishing rod. Isabelle will give you the other if you ask. She also gives you a watering can.
D-Pad cycles tools in your inventory.
L and R takes screenshots. You can upload these from the 3DS browser with i.nintendo.net
Gems are used for customizing furniture.

That's it off the top of my head. Just do your own thing and have fun with it.

zroid

Banned

There was a graphic I think Salsa made which has some helpful tips for starting out.

Shahadan

Keep in mind that many things only happen the next day. This game is meant to be played in short burst over a long time span.
Of course you can play for hours a day but you'll probably think there isn't much to do.
Also remember than many things you can do, even if they appear useless, will serve upgrading things in the long run.

Ah and make money every way you can

Come to think of it, AC was kinda in advance on its time. It has the basic iOS formula. Do shit, things happen the next day.

-Don't let Redd sell you fake paintings

-If you're big on customization, use a face guide to get the look you want for your character in the beginning

-Pick a good town layout - preferably one with a simple river (to maximize space) and that doesn't require you to cross bridges to access your Re-Tail (as you'll be running back and forth between it)

-Don't run on grass unless you want your town to look like a desert

-Sell everything you can in the beginning - fossils (once they've been assessed at the museum), bugs, seashells, fruits (not your perfect fruit), fish, etc. until you've made a healthy savings

-Buy everything at the stores and sell the ones you don't want back. This will help expand them

-Resist the need to time travel, or change the game's clock, because it'll affect the growth of your town, relationships with villagers, and cause you to get bored quickly.

-Pay off your tent and first home loan and then the former mayor will invite you to the island. If you go there after 7 at night, you can farm the beetles and sharks and make a lot of bells

After about 5-10 days, you'll be able to enhance your town with ordinances and projects like benches and lamposts and stuff. There's definitely more to do and lots of guides that explain it better than I did. I use ACWiki3DS and Thonky.com mostly, but Google Sensei will cover the rest.

pEJxkGo.gif

Made this ugly gif from last night.
My character is on the left. So cuuuute.

KAWAIIIII!!! :D

So while fishing, Poncho came up to me and wanted to trade for his neon sign. But I was moving to fast and missed what he wanted. Im afraid I traded him a fish I haven't donated yet - is there a way to see what I have donated vs my encyclopedia?
You can check what you've donated to the museum so far by looking at the sign right out front of it.

TheGrue

Question about designs. So I see there are 10 slots. Let's say I use some QR designs off the net to make paths between houses and such and those take up 8 of those slots. Are those 8 slots tied up forever if I want to keep those paths there in town or will the game remember them because they are on the ground and I can replace those 8 with something else? 10 slots seems very limiting if you can't store them some other way and have them stay in world.

Question about designs. So I see there are 10 slots. Let's say I use some QR designs off the net to make paths between houses and such and those take up 8 of those slots. Are those 8 slots tied up forever if I want to keep those paths there in town or will the game remember them because they are on the ground and I can replace those 8 with something else? 10 slots seems very limiting if you can't store them some other way and have them stay in world.

If you switch the pattern in your inventory, every instance of it in the game is switched.
Barring the town flag. You can ditch that pattern once it's changed.
Most people make pattern mules. They're also good for double Redd art and inventory space.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Sleepy

Had Thomas (Nice Afro) and Sahin (Cucumber Face) over for the opening of Club LOL:

1012302_263735230432400_1697108563_n.jpg

1044929_263735297099060_1751253001_n.jpg

This was right after the stage fog effects

601679_263735397099050_1710556293_n.jpg

Had a great time until the connection drops ruined the party. Club LOL is awesome...the music is surprisingly good.

Had Thomas (Nice Afro) and Sahin (Cucumber Face) over for the opening of Club LOL:

1012302_263735230432400_1697108563_n.jpg

1044929_263735297099060_1751253001_n.jpg

This was right after the stage fog effects

601679_263735397099050_1710556293_n.jpg

Had a great time until the connection drops ruined the party. Club LOL is awesome...the music is surprisingly good.

I wanna get in on these 4 player club sprees :O

The best part is when he plays your Town Tune. If only we had #/b notes so I can put in the Axel F theme.

Have my 3DS in the charging cradle with it open while inside Club LOL just listening to DJ KK while doing things in real life. This is THE BEST omg. Gonna have to say Nintendo knocked it out of the park with New Leaf.

Not just AC though - I'm surprised at how good a system the 3DS is. It could use some updates firmware wise, but I guess for me coming from a DS Lite it's just an incredible improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom