• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jengo

Nah one of the people at the island that was with us was bilingual and the little girl was asking everyone how old they were.

The girl couldn't speak English.
I had a similar experience... Chatting in broken romaji for 10 mins, when she asks how old I am and then says her age. Quite sobering to suddenly realize you're chatting with a little girl on the other side of the world @_@.

Really sucks there's no hiragana keyboard.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Villagers in my Town are asking for a sandbox. They had the audacity to ask for a SANDBOX WHILE STANDING ON THE BEACH!
The walk from their home to the beach is a long and arduous journey for a citizen of your town.
Bless them with a sandbox.

With the house fully upgraded, I finally started to turn the rooms into something coherent. Left room on the first floor is the kitchen/bathroom, which is pretty much done save for a few things I ordered from Reggie's house.

Also sold off everything that wasn't rare in storage and shoved everything else in the basement so I'll be ready for the biggest turnip sunday madness yet.

Also started putting down roads and stuff. The central park is pretty much done outside of a few more plants. For everywhere else, I'm just lining the roads up with the houses while cutting down trees in the way. Should look nice when everything's done.

Also, I'll ask again since I never got an answer before. There any more creepy towns to visit in the dream suite other than Aika's?

celebi23

Hey, I'm currently looking for some Apples, Oranges and Pears if anyone has any extra. My friend code is: 4699-6104-8768. Please shoot me a PM if you can help me out. Thanks!

pariah164

tumblr_mp1d1oT2nZ1qg0t3lo1_500.png

???????
Not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, nice cosplay. On the other... porque?

Anyone have Katrina in their town today? I'd like to quickly visit with my two characters if I could. I'll tip with bells/fruit if you wish.

FC: 0516-7436-2322

IrishNinja

maaan this island bug grind is getting borrinnnng

think ill invest my 3 mill into turnips on sunday and hope to double up that way...i'm gone most of the day, but i still have a decent shot at a good rate if i follow the turnip thread right?

Gvaz

Banned
maaan this island bug grind is getting borrinnnng

think ill invest my 3 mill into turnips on sunday and hope to double up that way...i'm gone most of the day, but i still have a decent shot at a good rate if i follow the turnip thread right?

Dump everything on turnips. You will find someone to sell, then you don't have to worry about money haha

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Why do people that don't like Animal Crossing have to be so angry and demand explanations as to why people like it? I've been seeing this a lot lately, "HOW CAN YOU LIKE THIS GAME? YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!1111"

Maybe it's just not for you. You don't have to like it.

Vibranium

Banned
Well AC GAF, I decided to tell Nintendo's stupid grass erosion mechanic (I don't care how they band-aid fixed it in New Leaf) to go fuck itself, I'm going all in on a desert town. Nothing's going to prevent me from running wherever I want, I plant flowers but that's not enough apparently. If you play with a Vibranium/Evan in Latveria, you're just going to have to Adam Orth the ugliness.

It's ridiculous how they haven't even considered a patch for the Japanese version yet, now that the game is worldwide I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to attempt to make the developers listen through a friendly campaign organized by fans or something. I know some people in the community are fine with it, but I honestly believe the game would lose absolutely nothing to its overall value if they axed it via Spotpass.

/rant

Sorry to whoever just came to my town (Bokoku) and got the error. It seems like lots of people have been having problems tonight. Nintendo's servers must be getting hammered.

Was it you one_kill?

Well AC GAF, I decided to tell Nintendo's stupid grass erosion mechanic (I don't care how they band-aid fixed it in New Leaf) to go fuck itself, I'm going all in on a desert town. Nothing's going to prevent me from running wherever I want, I plant flowers but that's not enough apparently. If you play with a Vibranium/Evan in Latveria, you're just going to have to Adam Orth the ugliness.

It's ridiculous how they haven't even considered a patch for the Japanese version yet, now that the game is worldwide I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to attempt to make the developers listen through a friendly campaign organized by fans or something. I know some people in the community are fine with it, but I honestly believe the game would lose absolutely nothing to its overall value if they axed it via Spotpass.

/rant

yeah, I'm beginning to have a minor grass crisis of my own. Hoping to turn it around by only running on two critical paths. I've gone barefoot too, but does wearing shoes make any difference?

Vibranium

Banned
yeah, I'm beginning to have a minor grass crisis of my own. Hoping to turn it around by only running on two critical paths. I've gone barefoot too, but does wearing shoes make any difference?

Nope, it doesn't do anything at all. I really feel a lot better now though that I don't worry about the grass anymore, it's just a game after all. I don't want to spend time setting out paths and such for a small (shitty) feature.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about the grass erosion, either. And it's frustrating to see some arguing in favor of it, because it slows down gameplay and makes you contemplate rushing through life, or whatever. I've always found appeals to "realism" or "authenticity" in games amusing, but it's especially bizarre in a game like Animal Crossing.

At the very least they could have thrown us a bone and not let the grass deteriorate while running barefoot.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about the grass erosion, either. And it's frustrating to see some arguing in favor of it, because it slows down gameplay and makes you contemplate rushing through life, or whatever. I've always found appeals to "realism" or "authenticity" in games amusing, but it's especially bizarre in a game like Animal Crossing.

At the very least, they could have thrown us a bone and not let the grass deteriorate while running barefoot.
I don't run in my town, ever. The walking speed is so much faster now and I haven't really missed it at all. I have barely any erosion, and what I do have is being fixed by flowers.

But I wouldn't object to them removing it. It does do more harm than good, even in this lesser form.

Vibranium

Banned
Is there anywhere I could attempt to reach out to Nintendo about this (I know, I'm just one guy...) even if I'm not a member of the media? I wish the localization team were available for comment, they might be able to reach out to the developers. I totally understand that some people find it easier to stomach and I respect that, but I want to at least give it a shot at speaking my mind on grass deterioration. We've got a Spotpass feature, it's doable.

Elija2

For those of you still having troubles understanding feng shui, here is a helpful rap sung by none other than Katt:

176EOPb.jpg

GAIvygJ.jpg

0KTtH4n.jpg

Those of you who were saying that Katt sucks need to learn not to judge a book by its cover.

gosox333

I gave up caring about my grass a long time ago. It's worth it for the unlimited running.

Definitely wouldn't mind if they bailed on that feature for future games, though.

Is there anywhere I could attempt to reach out to Nintendo about this (I know, I'm just one guy...) even if I'm not a member of the media? I wish the localization team were available for comment, they might be able to reach out to the developers. I totally understand that some people find it easier to stomach and I respect that, but I want to at least give it a shot at speaking my mind on grass deterioration. We've got a Spotpass feature, it's doable.

It's really not worth it.

Nintendo is nothing if not frustratingly stubborn, both in the way it communicates with consumers and in its game design philosophy. There had to be a massive, months-long campaign with a constant media barrage to merely convince them to print a few discs for North American consumers.

Just want to say that I always enjoy the pictures everyone posts. I can't always clog up the thread responding and saying that it's cool, but it is.

Pics of the big fight were funny.

Someone having their villagers say "Praise the Sun" is brilliant.

Pics of Club LOL always good times.

ramyeon

At the very least they could have thrown us a bone and not let the grass deteriorate while running barefoot.
This would usually annoy me but the walking speed in this game is more than fast enough for me. I almost never run at all. The constant rain for the past week or two though...

So here's another nice PRO TIP, in the vein of the save n' fish trick.

There is a way to get your villagers to rush up to you and want to start a conversation. Why is this important? Because it's the only way to get suggestions for more Public Works. (Besides a few special ones of course.)

All you have to do is put on your wet suit and go swimming for about 10 minutes. You don't even have to do anything, just be in the water. Some people say you don't have to wait that long, but I found it's the most reliable amount of time.

After that just go back onto land, and 9 out of 10 times, the first villager that sees you will want to initiate a conversation. This won't guarantee a Public Works suggestion, but it certainly speeds things up.

This is a perfect thing to combine with daily scallop diving.

Vibranium

Banned
It's really not worth it.

Nintendo is nothing if not frustratingly stubborn, both in the way it communicates with consumers and in its game design philosophy. There had to be a massive, months-long campaign with a constant media barrage to merely convince them to print a few discs for North American consumers.

I suppose you're right, it's best if I let my frustration out and move on. Ah well, back to the game, bells to make, trees to shake, rocks to break and all that.

SmithnCo

There is a way to get your villagers to rush up to you and want to start a conversation. Why is this important? Because it's the only way to get suggestions for more Public Works. (Besides a few special ones of course.)

All you have to do is put on your wet suit and go swimming for about 10 minutes. You don't even have to do anything, just be in the water. Some people say you don't have to wait that long, but I found it's the most reliable amount of time.

After that just go back onto land, and 9 out of 10 times, the first villager that sees you will want to initiate a conversation. This won't guarantee a Public Works suggestion, but it certainly speeds things up.

Wow, thanks. Gonna try that out now.

LadyRiven

I'll have to give this a try. Unfortunately, I've gone to my island every single day since I got it and STILL have never seen a wet suit for sale. I might have to get one from a friend. :\

ramyeon

I'll have to give this a try. Unfortunately, I've gone to my island every single day since I got it and STILL have never seen a wet suit for sale. I might have to get one from a friend. :\
The easiest way to find one is to go through Club Tortimer I find. Whenever I go to the international islands I see multiple wet suits, never seen one for sale on my own island though.

I'm half paying attention, but one villager just tried to scam me into buying a really lame bed. I denied and she gave it to me for free, but then another one walks up to me and buys it off of me for 366 bells.

Don't even know what just happened but I feel like I acted as a middle man for a smuggling deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom