• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullza2o

I met around 6 people tonight online from Club Tortimer, but I found it expensive to keep spending 1k bells to meet a new person.

Do more people ever come? It's always meeting one person at a time for me. No one else comes.

Oxx

tumblr_mp584b3hR31rf96tno1_400.jpg

Destroying the natural beauty of the countryside with my windfarm.

mantidor

club lol head bobbing animation is the best thing in this entire game

Club LoL overall is the best damn thing in the game or ever, my town tune is so catchy thanks to DJ K.K. seriously.

wait you can get into resetti's base? how?

he's got a little cover over it alla time

I somehow got in tonight, after the inauguration of the "do not enter" sign next to Resetti's manhole.... it was his wishes, yes, I love that guy that much.

I've had him for three days, maybe check out at night if the manhole its open?

rpmurphy

I had a similar experience... Chatting in broken romaji for 10 mins, when she asks how old I am and then says her age. Quite sobering to suddenly realize you're chatting with a little girl on the other side of the world @_@.

Really sucks there's no hiragana keyboard.
Yeah, most seem to be middle schoolers (boys and girls). I've met a 30-something year old housemom though, which was a surprise. lol

I met around 6 people tonight online from Club Tortimer, but I found it expensive to keep spending 1k bells to meet a new person.

Do more people ever come? It's always meeting one person at a time for me. No one else comes.
No idea about how the matchmaking system works, but once in a blue moon, you get a third person, or fourth if you're really lucky.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I can't even imagine the patience you have to lay paths. Can't even.

If you do a really simple one block design that repeats, it isn't too bad. You can stand there and lay blocks in a 3x3 square without leaving your inventory, move down a few blocks and repeat. Afterwards I just press Y to remove one edge so I jp have a 2-wide path

addyb

Ok since having my campsite I've had 2 campers. The first guy (can't remember his name but he was a monkey) I had an option to invite him to stay permanently.
The 2nd camper who was a bird called "twiggy" I never get any dialogue asking her to stay like I did with the monkey. Bit gutted as I do want her to be a resident. Just wondered why I couldn't do this or is it just a fact of the matter you can invite everyone?

What's the max number of residents you can have on new leaf?

Ok since having my campsite I've had 2 campers. The first guy (can't remember his name but he was a monkey) I had an option to invite him to stay permanently.
The 2nd camper who was a bird called "twiggy" I never get any dialogue asking her to stay like I did with the monkey. Bit gutted as I do want her to be a resident. Just wondered why I couldn't do this or is it just a fact of the matter you can invite everyone?

What's the max number of residents you can have on new leaf?

10. How many times did you talk to Twiggy?

BowieZ

Banned
I reckon one of the goals of the game should have been if you can encourage (through various means) a certain number of villagers to move into your town, you get to expand the town layout size - maybe a cliffside path opens up to a second map screen's worth of extra land, at which point even more villagers can move in.

Basically doubles the game's "replayability".

mrklaw

MrArseFace
maaan this island bug grind is getting borrinnnng

think ill invest my 3 mill into turnips on sunday and hope to double up that way...i'm gone most of the day, but i still have a decent shot at a good rate if i follow the turnip thread right?

I'm finding one visit a day is enough so far. If I runout of money to get upgrades and public works daily I'll just wait for turnips or the next day. Don't want to burn myself out on the game. Also there are natural time limits built in for shop expansions so no point rushing too much.

I am jealous of my son though - he seems to get all the good furniture but neighbours only ever give me crappy t-shirts

What does the resetti centre do?

Garland7G

I'm finding one visit a day is enough so far. If I runout of money to get upgrades and public works daily I'll just wait for turnips or the next day. Don't want to burn myself out on the game. Also there are natural time limits built in for shop expansions so no point rushing too much.

I am jealous of my son though - he seems to get all the good furniture but neighbours only ever give me crappy t-shirts

What does the resetti centre do?
he pops up if you forget to save and talks crap. also pops up for other stuff
tumblr_mp0v17iQQ81swi0i7o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mozgs6QoRw1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Rodeo is quickly becoming my favorite villager
tumblr_mp5ad8XX4Y1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Oxx

Thanks to turnips I have more money than time at the moment. I can probably expand my house faster than I can fill it too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thanks to turnips I have more money than time at the moment. I can probably expand my house faster than I can fill it too.

Definitely this. Still amazed at one of the homes on here. How much longer has the US version been around? I started about a week after the UK release

What I'm finding much more fun than before is designing the town. Never really dealt with flowers and getting cross-breeds, foreign fruits at any scale... where I had a big focus on doing my house in the previous games, I'm slowing down my development there to do the town. The public work projects make that so much more fun to do, and looking at how far my town's come in two weeks is incredible.

MicH

TRADING TIME

(also a side OH YEAH for getting Sables Mannequin today YES!!!)

I have the following extra items:

Hero's Boots
Varia Suit pants
Triple Red Shells

I would love to trade them to Fire Flower / Hero's Pants / Hero's Hat / Coin / Star Man / Any Pikmin items.

I have the following extra fossils:

Megacero tail
Trilobite
Raptor skull
Fern fossil
Ichthyo skull
Peking Man

I need the following fossils:

T-rex torso
T-Rex skull
Tyraco torso
Tyraco tail
Stego tail
Tricera skull
Para torso
Ammonite
Dinosaur Track
Shark Tooth
Archeleon torso
Megacerops skull
Megacerops torso
Mammoth skull
Ankylo torso
Ankylo tail
Ptera left wing
Apato tail
Iguanodon skull
Diplo hip
Diplo tail
Sabertooth skull
Sabertooth torso

EDIT: I have two silver slingshots and a silver fishing rod. Would LOVE a silver shovel as Celeste refuses to stock it for me

Phew. Please PM me for trades :D

Marvie_3

Banned
I reckon one of the goals of the game should have been if you can encourage (through various means) a certain number of villagers to move into your town, you get to expand the town layout size - maybe a cliffside path opens up to a second map screen's worth of extra land, at which point even more villagers can move in.

Basically doubles the game's "replayability".

This would be awesome. Maybe you'd have to save up the money to buy the land too.

Dug

Banned
Anyone have Varia Suit Pants that they are willing to part with? Need it to complete my Varia Suit.

Here are some Nintendo items I'm willing to trade for it:

Triple Red Shells
Kart
Block
Fire Flower

So here's another nice PRO TIP, in the vein of the save n' fish trick.

There is a way to get your villagers to rush up to you and want to start a conversation. Why is this important? Because it's the only way to get suggestions for more Public Works. (Besides a few special ones of course.)

All you have to do is put on your wet suit and go swimming for about 10 minutes. You don't even have to do anything, just be in the water. Some people say you don't have to wait that long, but I found it's the most reliable amount of time.

After that just go back onto land, and 9 out of 10 times, the first villager that sees you will want to initiate a conversation. This won't guarantee a Public Works suggestion, but it certainly speeds things up.

This is a perfect thing to combine with daily scallop diving.
Yeah, it definitely works - I've been doing this trick for the last few days to try and get the Police Station. You only have to wait 5 mins as well.

An extra tip related to this, all it does is trigger 1 random villager to want to talk to you and it could still be about rubbish like catchphrases or buying items. A good way to halve the number of potential reasons for them wanting to talk to you is to completely fill you inventory with stuff they cannot buy (tools, shells, flowers). That way it eliminates all conversations where they try to buy your stuff or sell you items.

Yeah, it definitely works - I've been doing this trick for the last few days to try and get the Police Station. You only have to wait 5 mins as well.

An extra tip related to this, all it does is trigger 1 random villager to want to talk to you and it could still be about rubbish like catchphrases or buying items. A good way to halve the number of potential reasons for them wanting to talk to you is to completely fill you inventory with stuff they cannot buy (tools, shells, flowers). That way it eliminates all conversations where they try to buy your stuff or sell you items.
That's a very good addendum. (Though sometimes they offer paintings/artwork, which is also useful.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom