• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Got the QR reader today (son is playing so got a sneak peek). Do all players get access to it once I unlock it? He doesn't seem to be able to use it right now - I don't think he has been talking to the sisters every day but I have (I'm the mayor)

Does redd have a fixed day to visit? Desperately looking for one piece of art so I can expand my museum.

I have double price on perfect oranges today (native fruit is apples)

Got the QR reader today (son is playing so got a sneak peek). Do all players get access to it once I unlock it? He doesn't seem to be able to use it right now - I don't think he has been talking to the sisters every day but I have (I'm the mayor)
Nope, each character has to unlock it separately. Same with Cyrus.

Wolfe

I have a few Nintendo items I would like to trade away if anyone is interested, looking for Link's hat in particular but any of the Hero or Varia items (excluding Hero's boots).

Here's what I'm willing to trade away:

Peach's parasol
Blue Falcon
Arwing
Kart (from MK7)
S.S. Dolphin
Triforce
Yoshi's Egg

FC is 3823-8595-4744

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Saharah thought the best way to reflect my room where I just dump things willy nilly is to give me bathroom tiles. I see what you did there.

tumblr_mp5gz4nqW81svkqkfo1_400.jpg

This is the third day is a row he's been there. He's as good as working there now.

tumblr_mp5gxoONvC1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

So silver balloons finally popped up. So I got the silver catapult before the standard one.

tumblr_mp5gte6bg71svkqkfo1_400.jpg

And my first exhibit room.

tumblr_mp5gqoKOnz1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Help me, I'm surrounded!

What is this trick you speak of? My villagers have been requesting rubbish or simply not requesting anything. I want a lighthouse :(
Swimming for 5-10 minutes seems to reset the counter (or whatever) on villagers initiating conversations. (The only way to get Public Works.) After hanging out in the ocean, the first (or sometimes second) villager that sees you should get all excited and approach you for a chat.

It works about 95% of the time. (Though remember that they won't necessarily talk to you about Public Works, but you can increase the chance by having a full inventory of non-salable items.)

I think the personality type and the level of friendship you have with the villager affects the success rate too. Some of my villagers seem to be a lot more susceptible to the trick.

teeny

Swimming for 5-10 minutes seems to reset the counter (or whatever) on villagers initiating conversations. (The only way to get Public Works.) After hanging out in the ocean, the first (or sometimes second) villager that sees you should get all excited and approach you for a chat.

It works about 95% of the time. (Though remember that they won't necessarily talk to you about Public Works, but you can increase the chance by having a full inventory of non-salable items.)

The one from Gunloc quoted by Azure Phoenix a few posts back.

Thanks chaps, I'll try that out later.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
About to head out with my family. Anyone want me to leave my gates open for double price perfect oranges? (Donations of real art very welcome)

Are there any decent pictures of the exterior house renovations floating around? Trying to decide if I should pay out 400k for the modern house exterior today - I'm guessing it is rare to show up since Nook has only had the castle exterior these last 2 weeks.

Wolfe

I have a few Nintendo items I would like to trade away if anyone is interested, looking for Link's hat in particular but any of the Hero or Varia items (excluding Hero's boots).

Peach's parasol
Blue Falcon
Arwing
Kart (from MK7)
S.S. Dolphin
Triforce
Yoshi's Egg

FC is 3823-8595-4744

Tossing this up on the new page, thread moves too fast even at 4 in the morning :p

My town has a silver shovel (money rocks occasionally spit out ore instead) and a silver rod (a bit more leeway when fishing, I think) for sale, if anyone wants them. I already have both.

MicH

My town has a silver shovel (money rocks occasionally spit out ore instead) and a silver rod (a bit more leeway when fishing, I think) for sale, if anyone wants them. I already have both.
OH MAN I desperately need a silver shovel. What do you want in return?

Wolfe

I would love to take the silver rod if no one else does, I don't have much to trade but is there anything you're looking for?

Tc91

I have the royal crown in my store but I don't think I'm gonna be able to get the bells to buy it today :(

Edit: I'm reading someone could buy the crown and let me catalog it? Could someone explain that please.

Question about bridges. I read you only can have 3 bridges, but does that count the original? Or with the original you can have 4 max? Also if i have a max of 3, can i take them away when i want i put a new one in its place?

Wolfe

Question about bridges. I read you only can have 3 bridges, but does that count the original? Or with the original you can have 4 max? Also if i have a max of 3, can i take them away when i want i put a new one in its place?

Afaik the original counts towards the 3 but you can destroy it if you want to have the third bridge in a different spot.

Afaik the original counts towards the 3 but you can destroy it if you want to have the third bridge in a different spot.

It counts the original, yes. And yes, you can have Isabelle destroy one if necessary.

Thanks, but im also afraid becuase i read some conflict information some days ago, about not possible to change bridges anymore after having 3 already build, even if you destroy one. Is that true?

IrishNinja

Peach's parasol
Blue Falcon
Arwing
Kart (from MK7)
S.S. Dolphin
Triforce
Yoshi's Egg

FC is 3823-8595-4744

ive an extra link's hat i'd swap for your triforce if you're down, lemme know man!

Umm, dunno. What do you have in the way of furniture on offer?

Um, I have some pirate stuff I got from Pascal, a couple of sleek and regal furniture, Gulliver furniture...

I think it'll be easier for you to just list what kinds of furniture you want. I have too much variety in mine. It's a complete mess.

Wolfe

Love the flag btw Moblin, although going to your town makes me feel like I have to plant more flowers, I barely have any in comparison lol.

Wolfe

I want to travel! Anyone accepting visits right now? My friend code is 3136-6551-0707 !

You're welcome to stop by mine although it's nighttime and my town is pretty boring haha, FC was posted a few posts up.

Bleh double post >_<

Added you Bowie. Nothing is open at the moment but you can strip the trees and take flowers if you want, I guess. If the shop gets any more silver stuff I'll let you know!

Love the flag btw Moblin, although going to your town makes me feel like I have to plant more flowers, I barely have any in comparison lol.

Honestly, I just grabbed a handful from a tour once, bought and planted the flowers from the seed shop, and watered everything every day. It quickly got overwhelming. Beautiful Town is necessary for me. :/

BowieZ

Banned
Um, I have some pirate stuff I got from Pascal, a couple of sleek and regal furniture, Gulliver furniture...

I think it'll be easier for you to just list what kinds of furniture you want. I have too much variety in mine. It's a complete mess.
Umm anything Toad/Super Mushroom

Regal/sleek/modern tables? I need more tables to put stuff on. Shall I just come to your town? I'll bring my axe - what's your code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom