• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Well decided to go in for 400K after all. Bought 4000 turnips for 408000 bells. Only have 2,5 days to sell so I might need to settle for a low price. I really hope one of hou gets 250 or higher early in the week.

Pyccko

This game, man. I dunno. Fuckin' finally got an abalone after multiple hours over multiple sessions of nothing but swimming in the damn ocean. Still haven't gotten a pearl oyster though, so I might just off myself instead of swimming EVER AGAIN.

That or wrangle some beetles.

JordanKZ

The second floor opened up in my museum this morning... I've created a Nintendo exhibition. Reggie's face is the poster. I'm happy.

Just got the royal crown in my shop and I cant buy it, so if someone wants it send me a pm. Dont need anything in exchange :)
Also bought 1000 turnips this week, hope iprices are better this week than last one.

CoolS

The second floor opened up in my museum this morning... I've created a Nintendo exhibition. Reggie's face is the poster. I'm happy.

I'm still waiting on Blathers to suggest the museum shop. The way I see it I fulfilled every requirement but he just never talks about it :(

McSpidey

IlmW3fH.jpg

Bring us the bugs. Wash away the debt.

Chopper

Bought 3500 at 94 bells. I can't really afford to buy any more than that, and it's a bit of a ball-ache. Still, I'm looking forward to making at least another cool mill at some point this week

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Is nip farming really worthwhile? It seems like you are playing a huge game of chance that's rarely profitable

Oxx

Is nip farming really worthwhile? It seems like you are playing a huge game of chance that's rarely profitable

If you're away from internet access it's a big gamble.

There have always been numerous people on Gaf with good turnip prices that you can visit to make a profit.

Is grass deterioration really bad for anyone else? I don't run and I've planted flowers everywhere and I water them but it keeps getting worse. Most spots in my town have huge brown patches in them. :( I hate itttttttt

GAMERG0D

It's not really a huge game of chance when we have dozens of people on GAF and we get several good prices from a couple of them. A good price might not come for a few days, but it's worth it in the end.

Salsa

if your town is full can you still get villagers in the camp to move in? (as in, eventually when someone moves)

Chief is here but he wont give me the option

IrishNinja

MONEY FOR NOTHIN' & MY CHICKS FOR FREE

Far more than can even be stored in your locker. Your town and museum would be flooded with them.

crap...okay, bit've a logistics problem here then. how would i do this, just leave them laying around? do they go bad or could people i invite jack or harm them? never even thought to try the museum (i don't yet have the extra space there since the art hustler guy refuses to come to town). how many can you stack, 100 each?

if your town is full can you still get villagers in the camp to move in? (as in, eventually when someone moves)

Chief is here but he wont give me the option
I was wondering the same thing. I've heard some people say they had campers in queue that didn't move in until a few others did before them.

I haven't personally been in that situation though. I'd suggest just keep talking to him, maybe you'll get lucky.

OMG Aero

turnips are 107 bells....how many can i get with 3 million? damn you maths
It's so fucking dumb that Joan tells you the price per turnip but you can't buy individual turnips anyway.
And on that note, it's also terrible game design that you can't just buy as many turnips as your money/space will allow and you have to guess at how many you can have then sit through Joans "You can't buy that many" text when you are wrong, lower the number and guess again.

Holy shit, Blathers wants
the Cafe!!!

Me too. I have to think about where to put this after I get some much needed sleep.

Shampoodle
should be done by tomorrow.
And I bought 6000 turnips for 96/bunch (filling my entire C locker section). I have a little over a million bells on my account, and I'm using a bit of that for the
cafe

EDIT: Oh! And the T&T shop is being upgraded tomorrow!

crap...okay, bit've a logistics problem here then. how would i do this, just leave them laying around? do they go bad or could people i invite jack or harm them? never even thought to try the museum (i don't yet have the extra space there since the art hustler guy refuses to come to town). how many can you stack, 100 each?

100 per stack, your storage locker has room for a maximum of 18000 assuming you have nothing else in there. I dunno if you can put them in your house since I haven't tried, but you can put them on the floor in your town - however like regular items people can pick them up and if a villager moves in on top of them they'll be gone.

You could also add a second character to your town for storage for the week, after like 5 mins of tutorial you'll have full access to the locker and that'll give you room for another 18000. Keep in mind that if you are going to someone elses town to sell them, you'll want all your turnips in your lockers, otherwise that means multiple trips to their town which can be a serious logistical problem when there is a huge queue of people waiting to get in.

Oranges selling for a premium I think 1000 bells in my town today. If anyone wants to come by and sell 'em, drop me a PM with your info and I'll be on and open in about 30 minutes.
FC: 2836-1290-8073

It's so fucking dumb that Joan tells you the price per turnip but you can't buy individual turnips anyway.
And on that note, it's also terrible game design that you can't just buy as many turnips as your money/space will allow and you have to guess at how many you can have then sit through Joans "You can't buy that many" text when you are wrong, lower the number and guess again.

I kinda figured this out after I couldn't fill in 16 slots full of turnips:
1)Find out the price first and them multiply that times 1500 (which will be 15 out of the 16 inventory slots, with the last one holding your extra money).
2)Then, withdraw that amount
3)Buy the 1500 turnips before depositing them into your locker.

Jintor

Man my L and R buttons are broke as balls. They click but don't do shit.

Was bearable in Fire Emblem and halfway bearable with Fire Emblem, but I'm gonna have to get this replaced or send it away or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom