• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

so of course now im carrying those million bells and that turnip camel's nowhere to be found...but all my townspeople do the "!" thing and im like MAYBE YA"LL WILL FINALLY SUGGEST A POLICE STATION OR SOME SHIT but no its like hey i see you have money, want to buy this shirt for a thousand bells? yeah mean, cool

Razorskin

----- ------
so of course now im carrying those million bells and that turnip camel's nowhere to be found...but all my townspeople do the "!" thing and im like MAYBE YA"LL WILL FINALLY SUGGEST A POLICE STATION OR SOME SHIT but no its like hey i see you have money, want to buy this shirt for a thousand bells? yeah mean, cool

That's why you got to have the megaphone equipped on turnip day

Linius

Third swim and now Pashmina wanted to change her catchphrase. I better stop doing this before I start yelling at my 3DS. I think it's utter bullshit how you need to get public works. I'm sitting on millions and I have nothing to build while I see so many awesome stuff around me in your towns. How it can be that in 18 days of playing I've only been suggested a modern bridge and some fucking stadium lights?

CoolS

Third swim and now Pashmina wanted to change her catchphrase. I better stop doing this before I start yelling at my 3DS. I think it's utter bullshit how you need to get public works. I'm sitting on millions and I have nothing to build while I see so many awesome stuff around me in your towns. How it can be that in 18 days of playing I've only been suggested a modern bridge and some fucking stadium lights?

I walked around today looking for the boar and an villager ran up to me and suggested the police station.

However, I want the museum shop dammit!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How long til turnips rot?

Also anyone got the town tune for the Animal Crossing theme in Wild World/City Folk?

dantehemi

^ 1 week

Funny you asked cause I just met the turnip lady for the first time right now and she was explaining the rules to me. It seems like turnips you buy today will last till next Sunday.

Linius

I walked around today looking for the boar and an villager ran up to me and suggested the police station.

However, I want the museum shop dammit!

Fixed suggestions like the museum shop and the dreamsuite I do have. But now these random suggestions please. I'd love a police station. Or a windturbine. Or a big screen. Etc. Etc. Etc.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Wow Nintendo; not only is one of my villagers splashing in puddles during a thunderstorm, Joan is meandering underneath TREES.
zWVbK.gif

the what now
also where do you get that
T&T Mart/Nookling Junction

Usually takes me about an hour each day of the diving trick to trigger a public works request. So far I've had 6 or 7 requests, all of which are horrible, ugly trash that I'd never place in my town.

Linius

Usually takes me about an hour each day of the diving trick to trigger a public works request. So far I've had 6 or 7 requests, all of which are horrible, ugly trash that I'd never place in my town.

I usually swim for five minutes, then get out and walk past everyone. Everytime they ran up to me for random bullshit.

But you so if I keep trying for 45 minutes more a villager will eventually give me something usefull? It still seems like a lot of time for not even knowing what you get in the end. There must have been a better way to implement public works in this game.

Also; been watching the threads at Gamefaqs a bit for some trades. People are quite crazy over there, offering 99K tips to use someone's Shampoodle :/

There is. Villagers can pick them up for example (or so I've read).

Also, does anyone have turnips for sale in their town at a reasonable price? Joan is selling them here in my town for 106. I'd love to buy some. FC: 1821-9832-6293

Also found duplicate fossils for first time - I'll have to sit down and trade them later (styraco skull/ankylo tail)

Aces, Joan is selling them for 91 each in my town. FC is in profile and Turnip-GAF. If you have any persimmons, I'd love a couple if you don't mind.

I usually swim for five minutes, then get out and walk past everyone. Everytime they ran up to me for random bullshit.

But you so if I keep trying for 45 minutes more a villager will eventually give me something usefull? It still seems like a lot of time for not even knowing what you get in the end. There must have been a better way to implement public works in this game.

Yeah, it's entirely random what they run up to you about and they can only request 1 public work project per day so it is just a case of repeating the trick until they finally request something. Could take 10 mins, could take 3 hours. And nope, sadly there is no better way, it is just a really poorly implemented system.

Linius

tumblr_mp7ie0EOjN1svt5z8o1_400.jpg

I just bought my 26k pcs of turnips. Heeeeeelpppppp gaf

Man, you must have been busy. That's like 24 times of walking back and forth between your locker and Joan :lol

And now you need to visit someone twice to unload all of these. But the profit will be nice :D

ramyeon

Yeah, it's entirely random what they run up to you about and they can only request 1 public work project per day so it is just a case of repeating the trick until they finally request something. Could take 10 mins, could take 3 hours. And nope, sadly there is no better way, it is just a really poorly implemented system.
The game is supposed to last a year if not more, and played in moderate doses every day from what I gather. I think people are really rushing and trying to unlock as much as they can as fast as they can with it and as far as I can gather that's not really the point.

Just my opinion. I don't think it's poorly implemented and I haven't really been fussed about it. I'm content taking my time with this. If I'm still unlocking stuff in a year's time that will be fantastic.

Linius

The game is supposed to last a year if not more, and played in moderate doses every day from what I gather. I think people are really rushing and trying to unlock as much as they can as fast as they can with it and as far as I can gather that's not really the point.

But only having two suggestions (there are tons of public works) in 18 days can't be the idea either. I don't have the time to keep playing hours a day in the hope some villager will finally suggest me something. It would have been better if they went with a system that would guerantee you one every x number of days. Now it's so random that I'm a bit tired of even trying.

ramyeon

But only having two suggestions (there are tons of public works) in 18 days can't be the idea either. I don't have the time to keep playing hours a day in the hope some villager will finally suggest me something. It would have been better if they went with a system that would guerantee you one every x number of days. Now it's so random that I'm a bit tired of even trying.
I play much less than anyone here (Probably an hour or two a day on average) and I've definitely had much more than two suggestions in 18 days. I don't even try to get them, and I don't think that's the point or what you're supposed to be doing. You're trying to rush something that isn't supposed to be. My two cents, anyway.

Lexxism

Man, you must have been busy. That's like 24 times of walking back and forth between your locker and Joan :lol

And now you need to visit someone twice to unload all of these. But the profit will be nice :D

Yeah. I'm also planning to add another 5-10k since my 2nd batch will only have 6k of turnips.

IrishNinja

yup, lockers B & C all full of turnips now. thought about A but ive too much junk in there...now to wait & see who gets $450+ first!

also are you guys sure red the art dude shows up once a week by town square? didnt see him at all in the last week, and i need a painting for blathers to want to expand!

so that's it, then? swim/dive/etc for 5 minutes, come back & walk around till they "!" at you? should i not be talking to them in between?

so far i only have a windmill, hoping for more suggestions soon but i sleep mostly when these guys are up.

T&T Mart/Nookling Junction

ah, mart just opened today, got medicine & some timer...maybe tomorrow!

Dug

Banned
Fuuuuuu I need 110k bells to finish paying off the
café
and bugs won't spawn until late night. Anyone have suggestions to make quick money?

400000 of bells into 99Bell turnips. Aw yeah.

That said, you better catch me before I fall, GAF. D;

Yeah I know I made all that last night anyway. :x

Oh shit. Able Sisters under construction? Incoming Shampoodle?

Yeah, mine is under construction as well. I must be getting Shampoodle too :)

Fuuuuuu I need 110k bells to finish paying off the
café
and bugs won't spawn until late night. Anyone have suggestions to make quick money?

Does it really matter if you pay it off now? It won't be built until tomorrow whether you pay it now or pay it tonight.

Linius

Yeah, mine is under construction as well. I must be getting Shampoodle too :)

Does it really matter if you pay it off now? It won't be built until tomorrow whether you pay it now or pay it tonight.

I think that's right indeed. I believe public works 'open up' at 6am in the morning after the day you've paid.

I've purchased 30 turnips so far today, and I plan to buy some more after Re-Tail opens. I have a ton of fireflies to sell, as well as a couple of ores.

Oh, and Deirdre is moving in tomorrow. It'll be good to see a new face.

Linius

I've purchased 30 turnips so far today, and I plan to buy some more after Re-Tail opens. I have a ton of fireflies to sell, as well as a couple of ores.

Seriously, don't sell your ores yet. You can use to modify furniture and you'll only find one a day. So it will take some time to have a bunch of them in the same colour to match a furniture set.

Just my opinion. I don't think it's poorly implemented and I haven't really been fussed about it. I'm content taking my time with this. If I'm still unlocking stuff in a year's time that will be fantastic.

Considering villager requests reset if you go inside buildings, go into the town area or even go within line of sight of a villager inside 5 mins, yes it is a very poorly implemented system. Public works requests should not be random chance with very poor odds of occurring, nor should they be completely random unlocks with certain ones also tied to specific villager personality types.

The major sticking point is the Police Station, it was basic functionality in previous Animal Crossing games and yet has been locked behind the public works wall and requires dumb luck to unlock. The lighthouse, while never being functional, was also a landmark from previous games and is now a public work. I couldn't care less if it takes me 6 months to obtain a slightly different design for my street lights, but I would care if I still didn't have the Police Station in 3 or 4 months.

celebi23

So, Joan is selling Turnips for 107 bells/each. Is that a decent price? I never really got into the whole turnip thing during the Gamecube or DS versions.

Koren

Museum shop is suggested by Blathers after 14 days of talking/donations.
Don't know if there's a required time, but as far as I know, you need an item in each of the room, so at least an artwork... Got the suggestion just after donating my first painting.

Linius

I believe it is time based.

Yeah, one piece of art in each section, 14 days since being mayor and 20 donations in total. If you have met all these requirements you can only wait for Blathers to be in a thinking mood. Which is usually pretty soon after.

Very well, but I'm not sure if I want custom furniture.

You should do whatever you like of course, but in case you didn't know a heads up about the use of them. If you really want bells for them you can also try to offer them to real people on the internet. People usually pay more bells than retail because it takes some time to get enough ores of the colour you're after by your self. Especially gold ores go for quite some bells. I've seen people at Gamefaqs selling these for 100K+ a piece.

GAMERG0D

Damn, Drift asked me to catch him a butterfly so I gave him a rare one and he gave me a turntable. He also continuously plants flowers outside my house, best villager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom