• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

My museum shop had the silver net and fishing net today but I already have those, does anyone have any of the other silver items or has them in their museum shop and wants to trade?
I'm really looking for the silver shovel but I suppose any two would be okay.

What's the probability that you'll get ~500 bell turnip price this new week if you've had them at that price this past week in your town already? Does it matter?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
100 per stack, your storage locker has room for a maximum of 18000 assuming you have nothing else in there. I dunno if you can put them in your house since I haven't tried, but you can put them on the floor in your town - however like regular items people can pick them up and if a villager moves in on top of them they'll be gone.

You could also add a second character to your town for storage for the week, after like 5 mins of tutorial you'll have full access to the locker and that'll give you room for another 18000. Keep in mind that if you are going to someone elses town to sell them, you'll want all your turnips in your lockers, otherwise that means multiple trips to their town which can be a serious logistical problem when there is a huge queue of people waiting to get in.

Yeah, tbh I don't see the need to to that far. I'll just take whatever will fit in my inventory and be happy with that. 10,000 turnips is more than enough for good profits and if the bottom falls out of the market you've only lost a million or so.

Potential 4m profit per week should mean no need to bug hunt

Linius

hey its sunday

tumblr_mp7cucS5ml1sv134do1_400.jpg

Is that a modern wood bookcase? That's the last piece I need for the set. If it is I'd love to cataloge.

IrishNinja

100 per stack, your storage locker has room for a maximum of 18000 assuming you have nothing else in there. I dunno if you can put them in your house since I haven't tried, but you can put them on the floor in your town - however like regular items people can pick them up and if a villager moves in on top of them they'll be gone.

You could also add a second character to your town for storage for the week, after like 5 mins of tutorial you'll have full access to the locker and that'll give you room for another 18000. Keep in mind that if you are going to someone elses town to sell them, you'll want all your turnips in your lockers, otherwise that means multiple trips to their town which can be a serious logistical problem when there is a huge queue of people waiting to get in.

Yeah, tbh I don't see the need to to that far. I'll just take whatever will fit in my inventory and be happy with that. 10,000 turnips is more than enough for good profits and if the bottom falls out of the market you've only lost a million or so.

Potential 4m profit per week should mean no need to bug hunt

i see...makes sense, i don't wanna trouble whoever on here abides me with their high rate anyway, heh. 18,000 it is, then!

Is that a modern wood bookcase? That's the last piece I need for the set. If it is I'd love to cataloge.

do you just have to hold something in our inventory or put it in your house once or what, to get it to catalog?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So what's the deal with a second character?

For turnips or generally? You can start another character and get access to more storage, more custom designs etc.

Although if they aren't being played actively you'd need to do some shuttling for turnips - eg player one buys and leaves on the floor, load up player 2 and pick them up. Also makes selling via a remote town a pita.

Also each character needs to unlock things separately - eg if you want them to have QR code access, you need to load up that character every day and talk to sable.

My 3-save game is a bit odd (me and my two kids). My son seems to get lots of furniture from residents, my daughter lots of wallpaper and flooring,and I get a ton of tshirts :/

Linius

It's a Cabin Bookcase, there isn't a Modern Wood Bookcase but there is a Modern Wood Shelf. I have one of those if you need it.

What does it look like?

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Modern_Wood_Series

I used this Wiki to find out the pieces in a set. But I see now they don't list the bookcase but in the image section they have one. I'm a bit confused now.

Anyone know of a good website that has a an up to date (so New Leaf) list of furniture and images? It's so hard to know if a set is complete.

Doopliss

Would someone like to trade some fossils? I have the following spare:

Archaeopteryx
Archelon skull
Dimetrodon torso
Dimetrodon tail
Dinosaur track
Diplo chest
Iguanodon tail
Megacero tail
Plesio torso
Styraco torso
Styraco tail
T.rex skull
Tricera skull

FC: 3496-9670-5620

If you quote my post you can see the fossils I need below:

Stat!

Anyone here have turnips for 100 or less?

Just got introduced to tortimer today and got my development permit. Also, I did buy a genuine painting so I got to donate that to Blathers.

Linius

ib2o2KTtc3PQ1H.JPG
ihMz6qh4otF2c.JPG

Attented K.K. Slider at Animekatt's town.

iwql3gukD8lSO.JPG
iKeVoz5nkr7kb.JPG

On the left the Modern Wood room a.k.a. guest room now it has a bed too. On the right my modern bedroom. Will be expanded tomorrow morning so I can fit more furniture in it.

ijSOBu53BAf4f.JPG

Finally a balance board to stay fit.

iZIzYHZIeCMXV.JPG
illStHCHQ6cHZ.JPG

My campsite and an image of the view my campers will have when they wake up in the morning.

What does it look like?

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Modern_Wood_Series

I used this Wiki to find out the pieces in a set. But I see now they don't list the bookcase but in the image section they have one. I'm a bit confused now.

Anyone know of a good website that has a an up to date (so New Leaf) list of furniture and images? It's so hard to know if a set is complete.

What they list as a Mixed Wood Bookcase is the Modern Wood Shelf, so if that picture is what you need then that is the one I have. I bought the Prima guide with the game so that's what I've been using.

Linius

What they list as a Mixed Wood Bookcase is the Modern Wood Shelf, so if that picture is what you need then that is the one I have. I bought the Prima guide with the game so that's what I've been using.

The guide has a complete list with images along? Because then I'm getting one :D

And yes, that's the piece I've been looking for. I'll shoot you a PM when I can come by then.

The guide has a complete list with images along? Because then I'm getting one :D

And yes, that's the piece I've been looking for. I'll shoot you a PM when I can come by then.
Yeah, the guide is 528 pages and has images of every single item in the game. Some of the info is wrong (mostly just the silver tools) and it doesn't go in depth about store upgrades, which types of villagers request certain public works or have any pictures of Nook's house upgrades but it is generally very useful.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How are people laying out their first room? Once you have rooms left/right/back it has goes everywhere for the doorways. Are you using the outer rooms as your main ones?

McSpidey

I just broke my back bug hunting to save a million bells after daily debts for the interest only to find out the interest rate is 0.5%...not worth it.

Er, sorry Bowie & Mr. Ninja, if either of you guys see this. Storms knocked out power here for a while yesterday. I added you both, though! Feel free to come over and raid my flowers/fruit/shops anytime.

Stat!

Just to be sure, there's no danger in dropping all your turnips in front of your house, right?

There is. Villagers can pick them up for example (or so I've read).

Also, does anyone have turnips for sale in their town at a reasonable price? Joan is selling them here in my town for 106. I'd love to buy some. FC: 1821-9832-6293

Also found duplicate fossils for first time - I'll have to sit down and trade them later (styraco skull/ankylo tail)

Stat!

Alright, thanks.

Time to built a giant barbwire wall around my town.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. I've noticed the selling price for turnips changes during the day. At what time(s) does this happen?
Prices change before and after noon at retail.

(Although if you're talking about Joan's selling price, she's only there from 6AM to Noon on Sunday's and her prices don't change on Sunday I believe)

Linius

How do people force me out of their town? I was on my way to leave and then the game said 'it's time to go now' and I didn't even had to talk to the station monkey :S

And Azure Phoenix, any chances you could open up now?

How do people force me out of their town? I was on my way to leave and then the game said 'it's time to go now' and I didn't even had to talk to the station monkey :S

And Azure Phoenix, any chances you could open up now?

Press start when not on the island, you get an option to either save or force everyone to go. And sure, I'll leave the shelf at the station since I'm doing a bit of deforestation.

The host presses "Start" and there's an option to boot guests. It's much quicker than sitting through the train animation. The villagers even have dialogue about the feature!

Bought 20k turnips for the sake of capitalism! 35million left in my bank account. Livin happily ever after in the small village away from the tax!!!

Gonna burn thousand of bells to fuel the camp fire tonight.. XD

Feels soo freakin good man!!

#RichKidsOfAnimalCrossingNL

Lmao..

Bought 20k turnips for the sake of capitalism! 35million left in my bank account. Livin happily ever after in the small village away from the tax!!!

Gonna burn thousand of bells to fuel the camp fire tonight.. XD

Feels soo freakin good man!!

#RichKidsOfAnimalCrossingNL

Lmao..

how did you get so rich so soon?

I would have been there I guess if I stopped building daily public projects and house expansions for 8 Villagers XD

SoulUnison

Banned
Anybody wanna be BFs? I'd be great to have a list of 4-5 other players who also consistently play AC at least an hour or two a day.

I'm usually playing between Midnight and 9AM Pacific Time, but when I'm asleep or away from the 3DS I usually leave the 3DS in the charging cradle and leave my town gates open as much as possible. I run an Early Bird ordinance since i'm on kind of a graveyard schedule, so my shops should be opening in about 40 minutes here.

I'm James from Knothole! Nice to meet you!

1590 - 4697 - 1489

Linius

Second time I went for a swim and Kabuki ran up to me. Another catchphrase bullshit chatter. These villagers don't want a nice village :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom