• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

Is there a way to get villagers to sell their items? Tipper has a grand piano that I really want, lol

Good way is to do quests for him and give him items that way, or send him large furniture and hope he replaces the piano with it. Then he might give it to you for a quest or put it in Re-Tail.

There is also a quest where you can go to their houses and buy stuff, but they refuse to sell some stuff.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is there a way to get villagers to sell their items? Tipper has a grand piano that I really want, lol

If they invite you to their house, they'll usually tell you to let them know if there's something you want. Then you select whatever and they'll let you know if you can buy it

Ozone

tumblr_mp7tbzQip81sxbeoao1_400.jpg

How do people not like Tabby?

abundant

If they want you to visit their house, just keep talking to them and soon they will ask you if you like to buy something in their house. You can't buy everything though, like stereos.

Roto13

Good way is to do quests for him and give him items that way, or send him large furniture and hope he replaces the piano with it. Then he might give it to you for a quest or put it in Re-Tail.

There is also a quest where you can go to their houses and buy stuff, but they refuse to sell some stuff.

quests :p

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
If they invite you to their house, they'll usually tell you to let them know if there's something you want. Then you select whatever and they'll let you know if you can buy it

If they want you to visit their house, just keep talking to them and soon they will ask you if you like to buy something in their house. You can't buy everything though, like stereos.

Ah! I was just invited to her house, but now I've left without talking to her. Oh well.

aechris

I'm going to be messing around most of the afternoon. Gates'll be open if you want to come by, just PM your FC. 4768-7442-2861 (Chris in Aishi)

Looking for:

modern chair
modern wall-clock
ringside seating
butterfly wall, beetle chair, butterfly table, cicada stereo, spider clock
archaeopteryx
dinosaur egg
diplo hip
diplo tail
parasaur torso
stego skull
stego torso
raptor skull

I can offer:

apato torso
archelon torso
archelon skull
dimetrodon skull (x2)
dinosaur track
diplo neck
iguanodon tail
iguanodon skull
iguanodon torso
plesio neck
plesio torso
plesio skull
ptera skull (x3)
mammoth torso
megacero skull (x2)
sabertooth skull
spino tail
stego tail
styraco tail
styraco torso (x3)
T. rex torso
tricera torso
trilobite
chain-link fence
tropical vista
beach chair
Diver Dan
snail clock
stag-beetle chair
ladybug chair
Coin
Pikmin
K.K. Jongara
K.K. Adventure
K.K. Synth (to hold)

Novocaine

The Circle Pad Pro has paid itself off playing this game. Even though it doesn't work with the game it's so much more comfortable for those long sessions. Just wish they thought to put a stylus slot on it.

Linius

I'm going to be messing around most of the afternoon. Gates'll be open if you want to come by, just PM your FC. 4768-7442-2861 (Chris in Aishi)

Looking for:

modern chair
modern wall-clock
ringside seating
butterfly wall, beetle chair, butterfly table, cicada stereo, spider clock
archaeopteryx
dinosaur egg
diplo hip
diplo tail
parasaur torso
stego skull
stego torso
raptor skull

I can offer:

apato torso
archelon torso
archelon skull
dimetrodon skull (x2)
dinosaur track
diplo neck
iguanodon tail
iguanodon skull
iguanodon torso
plesio neck
plesio torso
plesio skull
ptera skull (x3)
mammoth torso
megacero skull (x2)
sabertooth skull
spino tail
stego tail
styraco tail
styraco torso (x3)
T. rex torso
tricera torso
trilobite
chain-link fence
tropical vista
beach chair
Diver Dan
snail clock
stag-beetle chair
ladybug chair
Coin
Pikmin
K.K. Jongara
K.K. Adventure
K.K. Synth (to hold)

I can let you cataloge my modern clock in exchange for the Tricera torso and maybe some bells on top?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

This reminds me, how do I attach an item to a letter?

Socreges

Banned
Damn.... got dozens of perfect cherries in my inventory and need to unload them ASAP in someone else's town to buy more turnips. But I'm away for the weekend and can't get a decent Wifi connection. Another opportunity missed I guess.

Also been funny to see how quickly things degrade if you miss a couple days...

Animekatt

Mind if I can nab that Arch Skull? I don't have anything you need, but I can offer you money, or persimmons?

FC in profile if interested!

The fortune cookies back for today, if anyone wants to come buy them. I'm not really interested in collecting the stuff but would apprectiate if I could catalog them

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Is it after your second loan that you can build more rooms? My one room shack is packed with stuff... You guys are a lot further than I am. :p

Also how do you get other fruit to grow? All I have are oranges.

SmithnCo

Is it after your second loan that you can build more rooms? My one room shack is packed with stuff... You guys are a lot further than I am. :p

Also how do you get other fruit to grow? All I have are oranges.

After you get an 8x8 room, you can build a second floor and then choose more rooms from there.

Linius

Aechris, something wrong on your side? I keep getting 'eek eek, something's not working...'.

EDIT

Oh well, the fifth try and he finally let me in :p

Megatron

Looking to deal some Fossils

Need:
TRex Torso and Tail
Velociraptor torso
Sabretooth Torso
Ichty Torso
anky torso
ptera all but left wing
apatosaur torso
iguanadon skull
stega tail
spinosaurus skull

Have:
Megacero Tail
Ptera Left wing
Stegosaur Torso
Ddiplo chest
plesio skull
Apato Tail
Raptor Skull
Trilobite
Peking Man
Treicera torso
icthyo skull
iguanadon tail

Also have a Pipe, Pikmin and Hero's pants that I'd trade for a fossil I need.

Animekatt

Does each piece or fruit, including perfect fruit, need to be giving to Dr. Skrunk for emots? or is it random?

Any fruit will be fine. Can be the same one over and over.

Thanks to aechris, I only need one more fossil: the Dinosaur egg. If you happen to have it, I will give you 3 fossils for that one if I have what you need.

Linius

Thanks to aechris, I only need one more fossil: the Dinosaur egg. If you happen to have it, I will give you 3 fossils for that one if I have what you need.

Lol, I also need only one now thanks to Aechris. The Diplo Tail in my case. And I know someone who has it so I might finish it today.

Chopper

Oh man. I've turned that corner. Things are never gonna be the same again.

The main reason I dug hours and hours and hours into Wild World was largely because I used to get extremely stoned very regularly and spend more time than I care to think about excavating my town. Walking around solely with an axe and a spade, digging holes everywhere, working out meticulously where every tree and flowerbed will go. Constantly tweaking over months and months so that my town felt intuitive. A thoughtfully planned layout where, instead of running around where you like and hoping you stumble across something or someone interesting, you could follow predetermined paths that felt natural within AC's limited field of view, but also controlled where people could run freely without fear of fucking my (many) flowers, blue roses and all.

Oh, to have had the Dream Suite back in Wild World. The town of Bongcock was truly something to behold.

Up until now I've been breaking into New Leaf pretty delicately. I've done daily bug runs and banked a couple of million last week thanks to turnips, whilst donating as much as I can and planting big flowerbeds in every conceivable spot that existed on my map. But it wasn't until this week, when I got my hands on every fruit, including fucking persimmons, and unlocked the catalogue that I really felt comfortable settling into the Animal Crossing I remember.

And here I am, on a gorgeous sunny afternoon. My lady's away for the weekend, and not back til tomorrow, and whilst I wouldn't say I'm extremely stoned, I am getting there. And I have absolutely fucking annihilated my town. An outrageous massacre of trees of all species. A wasteland of holes and tree sprouts that I have just spent the last 5 fucking hours planning out in the attempt to bring some semblence of order to what was beforehand a generic mess of an AC town that I was resenting having to navigate.

That said, does anyone have a spare axe or two and a pocket full of apples?!

Boogiepop

I have an extra Dinosaur egg. What do you have? Also, any chance you have a slingshot in your town I could buy?

Does anyone else believe that the slingshot should be given more use? Obtaining the silver and golden upgrades for the other tools actually seem worthwhile, whereas the slingshot just shoots out an extra pellet or two--balloons are already easy enough to take down, and it's not like the balloons offer much at all. (Seriously, the balloon furniture set is hideous, and if it wasn't for the fact that I couldn't order through catalogue, I would be selling them right away.)

In the end, the only tool I don't carry around with me is the slingshot.

Betty

Banned
Does anyone else believe that the slingshot should be given more use? Obtaining the silver and golden upgrades for the other tools actually seem worthwhile, whereas the slingshot just shoots out an extra pellet or two--balloons are already easy enough to take down, and it's not like the balloons offer much at all. (Seriously, the balloon furniture set is hideous, and if it wasn't for the fact that I couldn't order through catalogue, I would be selling them right away.)

In the end, the only tool I don't carry around with me is the slingshot.

Yes, they're pretty useless. Not really sure what extra use the game could make of them though... maybe by making the balloons drop more worthwhile loot and have them go faster across the map and be tougher to take down perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom