• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

2 more streetpasses today! Seems to be a pretty vibrant scene around here.

tumblr_mp813eJpAL1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Unfortunately all of the cool mermaid/shark stuff wasn't buyable from the catalogue.

tumblr_mp814txdD41rf96tno1_400.jpg

Pass no. 2. I bought a few things. Nice bookcase.

Is there a way to speed up getting your approval rating to 100%? I understand the concept of wanting players to come back every day, but I feel like I'm being time-gated from even starting the main game. It was frustrating enough to have to wait until "tomorrow" when I first started (yesterday). Is there any other way? I really hate this.

suzu

Is there a way to speed up getting your approval rating to 100%? I understand the concept of wanting players to come back every day, but I feel like I'm being time-gated from even starting the main game. It was frustrating enough to have to wait until "tomorrow" when I first started (yesterday). Is there any other way? I really hate this.

You can get 100% on the first day or second day, if you fish for garbage (and dispose it at Re-Tail) or replant flowers + water them (and repeat). Have you tried all the things at this link (scroll down)?

Yeah, it's stonehenge, was really surprised when a villager suggested it. EDIT - The cedar trees took some time to stock up too.

Any reason for cedars? I've kinda just seen them as a bit pointless compared to fruit trees, but suppose you can go closer with flowers as you've not got to worry about stuff needing room to drop down.

Animekatt

Aaaand my fossil collection is complete. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way! I'll still keep getting more dupes to share the love, and help others who need them.

Super bored already. Dread going to the island to catch beetles. Dread waking up and having to check my town.

I've made a huge mistake buying this game I think :(

You really gotta have a vision for your town/character or a specific set of things you want to collect. Otherwise, you get stuck going through the motions.

Any reason for cedars? I've kinda just seen them as a bit pointless compared to fruit trees, but suppose you can go closer with flowers as you've not got to worry about stuff needing room to drop down.

I thought cedars would look better around it. I don't really do much fruit profiting myself.

Chopper

Could anyone with one of those awesome display cases from Reggie, let me catalogue it (and indeed anything else particularly cool that us lowly Europeans might have a hard time getting their hands on)?!

Bah! Another Virtual Boy. Anyone want it? :p
Need a Tri-Force of Varia Suit?

Danj

This might not be the right place to ask but I reeeeaally want to get this game in the European "So Many Games" promo which ends in less than 3 hours. Has any kind gaffer got a spare Club Nintendo code for one of those games (except Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing itself)? I can offer various items on Steam in trade, please PM me if interested.

Thanks very much to Duo014 and Mr.Sam who both helped out with this!

SmithnCo

Turnips don't rot if you put them in the museum second floor then ?
But they will rot if I keep them in my house ?

Sorry, I am new to this.

No, they won't rot in your house, I just keep them in the museum because I prefer to not mess up my house's decor.

Stat!

Bah! Another Virtual Boy. Anyone want it? :p

For free? :p

Not sure what to do right now. Looking to trade my Ankylo tail for something I don't have.

Can't wait for my island to open up tomorrow. Did wish I knew about buying as much stuff from the stores as possible and cleaning it out but Able Sisters don't have any normal pants so far :(

OMG Aero

Could anyone with one of those awesome display cases from Reggie, let me catalogue it (and indeed anything else particularly cool that us lowly Europeans might have a hard time getting their hands on)?!
Are those a special item or just a standard piece of furniture that can end up in the shop?
This might not be the right place to ask but I reeeeaally want to get this game in the European "So Many Games" promo which ends in less than 3 hours. Has any kind gaffer got a spare Club Nintendo code for one of those games (except Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing itself)? I can offer various items on Steam in trade, please PM me if interested.
Do you really have to nag about this in every single thread?

Danj

Do you really have to nag about this in every single thread?

I'm really sorry if it's nagging. I'll be going to bed in an hour or so and the promo will be over shortly after, so you won't have to put up with it after that. I just was really hoping I could scrape in under the wire, so to speak.

zroid

Banned

It shouldn't really take that long. It's possible to do on your first day and definitely should be done by the second or third day. Just send letters and presents to everyone, water your flowers, pluck weeds, etc. Keep talking to your villagers and do all their errands.

duxstar

lol this game literally blows my mind, I come in here to say that my town has been RAINING non stop for a week, every single time I go in theres been rain and no sunshine, i thought maybe it was just the month of June, but no, there is never any sunshine which is seriously impeding my bug collecting.

Then I come to find out that if you complete all Isabelle's chores that you get items, when I've been ignoring that this whole time, and get a watering can? which I haven't been able to get yet after like 2 weeks.

lol this game literally blows my mind, I come in here to say that my town has been RAINING non stop for a week, every single time I go in theres been rain and no sunshine, i thought maybe it was just the month of June, but no, there is never any sunshine which is seriously impeding my bug collecting.

Then I come to find out that if you complete all Isabelle's chores that you get items, when I've been ignoring that this whole time, and get a watering can? which I haven't been able to get yet after like 2 weeks.

If you absolutely have to stop the rain, creating a new character in town will make it bright and sunny instantly. I don't know how long that will last, but my guess would be for the rest of the day.

mb.exe

I finally bit the bullet and sold off all my hoarded (non-special) junk. I am a healthy stable person. Except I mainly did it to make room for turnips.

I have a bunch of fossils to trade later today/tonight, if anyone wants.

I have:
Iguanodon tail x3
Mammoth torso x2
Iguanodon skull
Archaeopteryx
Stego skull
Styraco skull
Styraco tail
Apato skull
Fern fossil
Diplo hip
Megacero torso

+a silver net in the museum shop and a wetsuit in the flea markets

I need:
Velociraptor head/torso
Styraco torso
Triceratops skull
Iguanodon torso
Spino skull
Right pteranodon wing (?)
Apatosaurus tail
Dimetrodon torso
Dimetrodon tail
Diplo skull
Diplo torso
Diplo tail
Ichthyosaur skull/torso
Plesiosaur torso
Megacero skull
And all the fossils in that display row except coprolite, trilobite, ammonite, fern fossil, and archaeopteryx

I just had this game, bravely default and shin megami tensei 4 along with a 3ds XL to go with it Thursday. Kept waiting for Youkai watch, Devil survivor 2 remake, fantasy life link and that new kunio-kun to come out but the yen was going back up so I got (most of) what I want for now.

Anyone physically in Japan collecting the 7 eleven stuff? I'd like to collect them all because I want to make a convenience store room in my house. I read online it doesn't save in your catalog? How could I buy them? Buy a copy from someone's house for the HRA?

I have no 3DS friends so add me if youd like. Friend code is 3625-8695-0894.

CPCunha

Super late to this game and that's why i'm freaking out.
Three days fishing and no char...
Violin beetle also missing...

You guys keeping duplicates of those?

MicH

Pretty damn good day today!

Started off in a hurry, work in an hour and I had to get my turnips. Joan was kind, right near the train station and selling them for 90 bells each. THANK YOU JOAN! I bought a little over 1 million bells worth of turnips. Feels great and is a 100% increase over last week.

tumblr_mp849nE22l1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Last week she sold them for 92 bells each. Dewford Joan is best Joan.

I got three hybrids today so that was very excited! I got a brand new one, too -the orange tulip from a very tiny purely decorative tulip bed. That is pretty damn cool.

tumblr_mp847yvM5G1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Yaaaaay orange tulip!

tumblr_mp8474t3i71svgayqo1_400.jpg

I alsogot my second orange pansy

tumblr_mp848vuQKC1svgayqo1_400.jpg

... aaand my fifth pink cosmos :D

Trying the diving trick I finally got a public works sugesstion after a few tries.. from Muffy. Again. She suggested I build a scarecrow. Really? Does this look like a farm? Get otta here!

tumblr_mp84amZoEs1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Even Cesar thinks she's stupid

I decided I was tired of my old path design so I found a new one - and I like it SO MUCH BETTER. And it has corners. It's very natural, too.

tumblr_mp84dlIIJG1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Ooooh, pebbles!

tumblr_mp84c50NM81svgayqo1_400.jpg

Soooo many pebbles!

Phew. Great day. And a soothing picture to end it all off with.

tumblr_mp84beyVZ91svgayqo1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom