• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
This time without those annoying rainclouds

tumblr_mp8dgqKTaK1sv54gpo1_400.jpg

(> '.' )>

Roto13

I have a red room (full of red Sleek stuff) and a blue room (full of sapphire Modern stuff) and now I want a yellow/gold room. It'll take me a while to get gold furniture, but what regular furniture set can be turned yellow by cyrus in the meantime?

IrishNinja

Hmm thanks, I'll try this. My first Animal Crossing, so I'm just stumbling through it. Just paid off loan #2.

it'll change things overnight for you, man! i went from similar #'s of 50k to making 3 trips to the island a night & hauling back over a million bells worth of bugs.

got tired of the grind last night & dumped a mill back into $107 turnips...hopefully that pans out this week too!

Chopper

lol, what is? the flowers along the river?
Nope. The tower.

I have a red room (full of red Sleek stuff) and a blue room (full of sapphire Modern stuff) and now I want a yellow/gold room. It'll take me a while to get gold furniture, but what regular furniture set can be turned yellow by cyrus in the meantime?
What's the deal with customizing anyway? I wanted a shiny, like gold or silver, version of a chair I got my hands on, but it would only let me chamge its colour. I guess some items are limited in how they can be customized? Does changing colour require ore too?

MicH

I think Rococo can. Not 100% sure, but I remember getting the option when I made a Rococo vanity white

Roto13

Nope. The tower.

What's the deal with customizing anyway? I wanted a shiny, like gold or silver, version of a chair I got my hands on, but it would only let me chamge its colour. I guess some items are limited in how they can be customized? Does changing colour require ore too?

Some things can have their colours changed by paying a small fee. Other things can be reworked with ore to be made colourful and shiny. Not everything is customizeable every way. Three gold ores can be used to make new gold furniture. Some things can be turned in to entire new things, like fossils.

I think Rococo can. Not 100% sure, but I remember getting the option when I made a Rococo vanity white

Rococo can be blue and gold but I'm not sure if that's mostly blue or mostly gold.

MicH

My animals keep suggesting I build all those horrid zen works. They all look terrible and I must have almost all of them

Can someone give a simple explanation of Animal Crossing to me? It looks interesting and I think I'd like it, but I've never played Animal Crossing before and don't want to drop the money on it unless I'm sure it's worth it.

MicH

Some things can have their colours changed by paying a small fee. Other things can be reworked with ore to be made colourful and shiny. Not everything is customizeable every way. Three gold ores can be used to make new gold furniture. Some things can be turned in to entire new things, like fossils.

Rococo can be blue and gold but I'm not sure if that's mostly blue or mostly gold.
With gems? Because without I could make it yellow n didn't say anything about blue

Chopper

You mean miniatures? And how do you "activate" gold furniture? Do you have to be carrying three gold ore?

Roto13

With gems? Because without I could make it yellow n didn't say anything about blue

I looked at a list that said rococo furniture was two toned and that's one of the options. It might be wrong, though.

You mean miniatures? And how do you "activate" gold furniture? Do you have to be carrying three gold ore?

IF you're carrying one, Cyrus will tell you how you can use it. You need three to actually get him to make you anything out of it.

dhlt25

brought my 3ds with me to asia so I can stack fruits while over sea but the charger doesn't work with 220v outlet. Waaht? so dissapointed. It's my fault for not checking but literally every single electronics charger works with both 110 and 220 all you have to do is get a plug adapter. I don't know why Nintendo decide it's a good idea to go 110 only for a PORTABLE system no less T_T, don't know how much cheaping on this would save them zzz. Now I'm going to stuck with a dead 3ds for a month pfffffff

Anyone got Bamboos or Persimmons?

(Turnips are selling for 91 for the next 40 minutes at my town btw.)

I have both, surprisingly. Got them from my villagers lol. They are both currently growing, though.

There's a funny story about the persimmon. It was originally a gift from Goldie to Tank. When I saw Tank open up that present, I was like "NO WAY! I want that!". Then Tank later gave me a request to fetch a cherry, and when I did he gave me that persimmon.

I got the bamboo a few days later... from Goldie. Where is she keeping all this rare stuff, anyways? Next thing you know, she'll give me a royal crown for giving her a sea bass.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
And just like that 8 beetles showed up. I had no idea they were worth a lot. Is there a list somewhere of what bugs/fruit/etc is worth the most?

Roto13

I streetpassed with someone today who had four food trays, three of which had been customized by Cyrus. It actually changes what food is on the tray. :p

Chopper

And just like that 8 beetles showed up. I had no idea they were worth a lot. Is there a list somewhere of what bugs/fruit/etc is worth the most?
http://uk.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/Bugs

Don't bother with Goliath Beetles.

I streetpassed with someone today who had four food trays, three of which had been customized by Cyrus. It actually changes what food is on the tray. :p
Nice. I can see myself taking every single item of furniture I get my hands on to Cyrus just to see the options.

dantehemi

Can someone give a simple explanation of Animal Crossing to me? It looks interesting and I think I'd like it, but I've never played Animal Crossing before and don't want to drop the money on it unless I'm sure it's worth it.
I had the same question 2 days ago, I just bought it blindly, I'm still not sure what type of game it is (best guess would be village builder sim?)

It's defiantly fun and Strangely addictive, I find myself spending a couple hours just watering flowers and fishing, and I have a feeling playing alongside this community is gonna make this game that much more enjoyable once I start visiting others towns and trading items....gotta start adding friends and getting my FC out there :)

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
I had the same question 2 days ago, I just bought it blindly, I'm still not sure what type of game it is (best guess would be village builder sim?)

It's defiantly fun and Strangely addictive, I find myself spending a couple hours just watering flowers and fishing, and I have a feeling playing alongside this community is gonna make this game that much more enjoyable once I start visiting others towns and trading items....gotta start adding friends and getting my FC out there :)

I like how someone described it on another forum. It's an adorable debt simulator.

Roto13

Nice. I can see myself taking every single item of furniture I get my hands on to Cyrus just to see the options.

Yeah, some stuff can be customized a lot of ways. If you change the colour of the game shelf, for example, it also changes the colour of the GameCube sitting on it. And the patterns on Alpine furniture can be changed entirely. Not just colour, and not just using your own custom patterns. Not everything is a simple colour swap, and that's awesome.

Chopper

I like how someone described it on another forum. It's an adorable debt simulator.
Another forum?!

Yeah, some stuff can be customized a lot of ways. If you change the colour of the game shelf, for example, it also changes the colour of the GameCube sitting on it. And the patterns on Alpine furniture can be changed entirely. Not just colour, and not just using your own custom patterns. Not everything is a simple colour swap, and that's awesome.
That is indeed awesome.

Debs

That's very cool. Congrats. Did you find most of them on your island, or in trades?

Thanks :) I got all but one of them from hopping islands on club tortimer, took a really long time to find them. Now working on getting all the other things from the island too.

Stat!

So I got bit by a tarantula. After I missed catching it too. :(

Have a duplicate fossil, the ankylo tail. Willing to trade it for pretty much any fossil duplicate at this point.

The Lamp

I can't find a stupid char and I only have an hour left to do so :( do I just keep walking back and forth to my ocean/river waterfall to see if there's a fish there?

Stat!

I can't find a stupid char and I only have an hour left to do so :( do I just keep walking back and forth to my ocean/river waterfall to see if there's a fish there?

Honestly yes. I found out throwing the fishing line over the edge of the waterfall that heads into the ocean but I heard it can be at the one that heads into the river. It can also swim upstream a bit. Truth be told, I only found one...ever. And I do a lot of fishing but it returns in September so don't be too worried.

Fantomex

Anyone that can have me over so I can use their shampoodles?

Anyone got some Metroid or Link outfit stuff to trade ?

I'll have a cat tower for all you cat people out there for trade from Best Buy!

With medecine which is sell randomly on the nook store.
Wiki said also that some rare villagers can give one to you.
Otherwise, you stick with your injury for around hour.

That's rare? Ha, literally two seconds after I got stung, the first villager I talked to (Deirdre I think) gave me medicine for it.

IrishNinja

villager finally suggested something...a hammock. i'll take it! better than nothing, heh. gonna be swimming a lot tonight.

also this is my new favorite twitter

ps hot damn i want a virtual boy just like in real life

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Traded friend codes with somebody on the island. Their code turned out to be invalid. Guess I'll never see them again thanks to Nintendo's brilliant fc system! :p

though I did have them confirm, so...eh. Still mildly lame

How good is this to pick up and play for about 30 minutes before you go to bed at night?

Yeah. Go around, looking for fossils. Go to museum and get them looked at. Donate new ones, sell the rest. Check out all the shops. Come back in the evening, hunt for beetles, sell them, put them toward bank account or house payment. Harvest fruit when applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom