• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I can't find a stupid char and I only have an hour left to do so :( do I just keep walking back and forth to my ocean/river waterfall to see if there's a fish there?

Fish at the top of the waterfall and let your line float down the stream to the bottom. If you don't immediately see a fish shadow, pull your line back and save and continue. Repeat until it appears. That's how I did it.

The Lamp

Honestly yes. I found out throwing the fishing line over the edge of the waterfall that heads into the ocean but I heard it can be at the one that heads into the river. It can also swim upstream a bit. Truth be told, I only found one...ever. And I do a lot of fishing but it returns in September so don't be too worried.

Oh I JUST found it. It was upstream of the waterfall just a little bit. I'm so lucky because I was talking to a friend while playing with the sound off and was hardly paying attention and it "bobbed" on the first bite. Phew. Send that thing off to the museum and never worry again. Haha.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
How do I get a golden rod? I really want it. This is what the thonky guide says:
Golden Fishing Rod

To get the golden fishing rod, you must catch all of the river and ocean fish (but not deep sea creatures). After you have completed your picture book of all the non-deep-sea fish, go to a fishing tourney and talk to the beaver in charge to receive your golden fishing rod.
I'm guessing the picture book is the encyclopedia? How do I determine which fish are non-deep-sea, and where is this fishing tourney?

zroid

Banned
How do I get a golden rod? I really want it. This is what the guide says:

I'm guessing the picture book is the encyclopedia? How do I determine which fish are non-deep-sea, and where is this fishing tourney?

deep sea creatures are ones you have to dive for, not fish for.

Speedwagon

deep sea creatures are ones you have to dive for, not fish for.
Yes, it's the encyclopedia. Deep-sea is a separate tab.

Okay, so I have to catch every fish in the game (with the rod), which includes monthly exclusive fish. Could I visit a time traveler's town and fish for them? Is the tourney the island tour?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Decided going on a short tour would be the best option since I could leave without her. Game froze :D

brought my 3ds with me to asia so I can stack fruits while over sea but the charger doesn't work with 220v outlet. Waaht? so dissapointed. It's my fault for not checking but literally every single electronics charger works with both 110 and 220 all you have to do is get a plug adapter. I don't know why Nintendo decide it's a good idea to go 110 only for a PORTABLE system no less T_T, don't know how much cheaping on this would save them zzz. Now I'm going to stuck with a dead 3ds for a month pfffffff

Agreed that it's a stupid decision on Nintendo's part, but can't you just buy an Asian charger? Or a USB one.

Coquette

brought my 3ds with me to asia so I can stack fruits while over sea but the charger doesn't work with 220v outlet. Waaht? so dissapointed. It's my fault for not checking but literally every single electronics charger works with both 110 and 220 all you have to do is get a plug adapter. I don't know why Nintendo decide it's a good idea to go 110 only for a PORTABLE system no less T_T, don't know how much cheaping on this would save them zzz. Now I'm going to stuck with a dead 3ds for a month pfffffff

Yup. Ridiculous. I have a US one and I live in the EU and I can't use my 3DS charger without a transformer because it's not dual voltage. Funny enough, the DSi charger IS dual voltage. Makes me cranky.

Agreed that it's a stupid decision on Nintendo's part, but can't you just buy an Asian charger? Or a USB one.

I never even thought of that. Fantastic idea. ::buys::

rpmurphy

BODXVV5CUAEwoed.jpg

I love this game.

BODWu2BCIAEfJUM.jpg

Also I received a nice shirt from a JP friend I made. She came to town for the pears (and perfect pear, she didn't know) that I was going to give her. :3

ramyeon

Love the sound of all the cicadas littered around my village now that it's July.

And I went to pick up a piece of furniture outside when it changed shape into a bug and ran away :0 sadly I was too slow with my net.

natertots

Have an extra pair of hero boots if anyone is looking for them. Would be willing to trade them for another Nintendo item.

My FC is 4613-7094-7404

I don't have any friends for this game yet so anyone who adds me let me know, look forward to seeing you online.

I wanted to meet Pascal today, and I did.

BODdrVKCcAAdNJA.jpg

I liked in Wild World how you could watch him swim downstream better. I dunno, its the little things.

Love the sound of all the cicadas littered around my village now that it's July.

And now you can actually catch the cicadas for the villagers who wanted them in June. Idiots.

Fantomex

Hey Guys, once I design a shirt, is there a way to save it with the sisters and not have it take up my design slot in my inventory anymore? It seems when I make my own shirt, when I take it off, the design comes off of it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This japanese dude just gave me his clothes (a navy formal skirt and a sailor's tee), said "MY FACE LOOK AT IT" changed into a Mii mask of an old man, said "AHHHHHHHHHHHH" and left lolol

One of my villagers wants me to get signatures from villagers in other towns for her "Say NO to Noogies" petition. So, yeah... who wants a solicitor?

FC is 5026-4855-4974

zroid

Banned
Not having played earlier AC games, when I saw Pascal for the first time a couple weeks ago, dude scared me shitless. Thought I was going to get eaten or something.

Hey Guys, once I design a shirt, is there a way to save it with the sisters and not have it take up my design slot in my inventory anymore? It seems when I make my own shirt, when I take it off, the design comes off of it.

If you're using a pattern (be that in clothes, a wall decoration or paths) it has to be in your inventory at all times. If you remove it all instances of it will either disappear or be replaced.

Okay, so I have to catch every fish in the game (with the rod), which includes monthly exclusive fish. Could I visit a time traveler's town and fish for them? Is the tourney the island tour?

Yeah, it's going to take a while to get all of them. The fishing tournament is like the Bug Off, if you've done that. If not, it's held in your village, where Chip will be in your town square.

ramyeon

the problem is I'm already in Asia haha. I guess I'll try to find my way to lotte department store sometimes today to see if they sell them.
Asia is the best place to buy Asian chargers really.

I'm gonna assume you're in Korea since you said Lotte Department Store, but I don't think that's the best place to try. If you're in Seoul you'd be best off checking out Yongsan area as that's where the best electronics malls and stores are.

Loxley

I'll be picking this up this week, along with an XL. I haven't played a Nintendo handheld since my original fat Mario Kart edition DS, so I'm looking forward to finally jumping back in and checking out the rest of the library.

How did you guys meet Pascal? I caught another scallop today and its my 5th time but I still can't see him comin... Or maybe it because I had Katie wandering in my town? One special quest per day limit?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't think it's even worth the hassle to grind for the gold rod unless you are really really poor at aiming.

SmithnCo

How did you guys meet Pascal? I caught another scallop today and its my 5th time but I still can't see him comin... Or maybe it because I had Katie wandering in my town? One special quest per day limit?

Are you catching them in your town, not the island? Are you having to swap or drop the scallops because your inventory's full?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom