• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeZMehK

Thanks to ridley182...

BOnDhtyCYAAmGZy.jpg:large

No more worries about fossils! Yesss!

Congrats. I just need 4 items to finish my fossil collection :/

Koren

I'm getting 6 to 8 on average, is that bad?
It's not efficient, at least.

I think the most efficient game is the elite crystal hunt.

It's REALLY easy to do the maximum amount of points* (42) and even if you miss the maximum, you'll probably still get gold and 15 medals. And the game is short (4 min) so you can get more than 150 medals each hour.

* strategy is quite simple : remember the crystal that worth 3 points. Break all rocks, but get only 2 crystals of each color, except the 3-points one which you obviously take all the time (should be 4 crystals)

When you have two of each colors beside the 3-points one, pick two more of any color (not actually required for gold/15 medals) and go on hunting the 3-points crystals. This way, you're sure to get the two 10-points crystals, the four 3-points crystals, and the rest of the bag is filled with 1-point crystals.

Memory helps, but you can easily check how many of each color you have at any time, I usually finish with 1 minute left out of 4... Besides, if you don't remember whether you have one or two of a given color, you can still take it, since there's two "jokers" available. And even if you're doing it wrong, you can still get rid of additionnal crystals.

It may require some practice to visit the island methodically, but it's easy.

Koomaster

YES! Finally after 3 days straight of a certain monkey neighbor of mine suggesting fairytale public works projects, Bonbon pulls through...
tumblr_mplcmceqJR1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mplcnqPyPu1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mplcp1pmth1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

bennyc12

I discovered the Silver Shovel yesterday. Apparently when you hit a money rock with it, it spits 8 ore out instead of money bags.

mantidor

More difficult tours do give you more medals.

The best tours for grinding medals are the Elite Scavenger Tour, the Tuna Kahuna Tour, the Shark Battle Tour and the Giant Dragonfly Tour. (Any three star fishing tour is a good option, since they are really easy.)

The Scavenger tours are the best because you can complete them in the least amount of time, and they are not difficult at all.

Avoid the fossil, item matching and balloon popping tours unless you really enjoy them. They are big time sinks. (The diving tours aren't the greatest either. It's pretty hard to get gold in them consistently.)

wow Scavenger is the way, thanks! 16 medals and is indeed pretty easy.

Tiktaalik

Have any of the Nintendo devs actually ever confirmed that hitting villagers, trapping them in pitfalls etc actually encourages them to move out? I mean it's fun to do, but it doesn't seem like there's any proof or solid data on it?

SeZMehK

I just need four more fossils to finish this thing.

What I need are:
Megacerops Skull
Styracosaurus Skull
Fern Fossil
Dinosaur Egg

What I have for trade:
Amber
Apato Tail
Archelon Skull
Dimetro Torso x2
Ichthyo Skull
Ichthyo Torso
Iguano Torso
Pachy Tail
Plesio Torso
Ptera Right Wing
Raptor Skull
Sabertooth Torso
Spino Skull
T.rex Tail

Just went to Club LOL today to get my daily emotion from Dr. Shrunk and since I was bored I decided to just run around and just mess around a bit in the empty club before leaving. But that's when I noticed this...
hni_0011_mpog9sh9.jpg

Mind=blown. :O

Ok, adding my updated need/wants to the mix:

========== need the following items:

Hero's Tunic
Wii Balance Board
Bad Bro Stache

Velociraptor Skull
Styracosaurus Torso
Styracosaurus Tail
Archelon Torso/Tail
Mammoth Torso/Tail
Diplodocus Back Legs
Spinosaurus Tail
Ankylosaurus Tail

==========I can offer the following:

Stego Torso
Ankylo Torso
Spino Torso
Apato Torso
Iguanodon Tail
Tricera Tail
Diplo Skull
Spino Skull
Dimetrodon Skull
Parasaur Skull
Ptera Left Wing x2
Dinosaur Track
Plesio Neck

Fi Mask
Triple Bananas
Goal Pole
Yoshi's Egg
Arwing
S.S. Dolphin
Kart x2
Mushroom Mural x2
Blue Falcon

PM or quote if interested to trade!

Whaaaaaaat!
Yeah, when it's just Dr. Shrunk in there, it seems like you can switch the Gyroids currently out on stage with any you have in your inventory. I've just been selling the things up until now so I don't have any I can mess around with for the time being, but the next time it rains, I think I will start collecting them to see if I can get a good combo going. :D

SmithnCo

Yeah, when it's just Dr. Shrunk in there, it seems like you can switch the Gyroids currently out on stage with any you have in your inventory. I've just been selling the things up until now so I don't have any I can mess around with for the time being, but the next time it rains, I think I will start collecting them to see if I can get a good combo going. :D

That's sweet, so you can somewhat customize the KK performance when the gyroids start playing.

I kinda want to replace them all with farting gyroids.

Stat!

Frank, my villager, says he bought a painting from some fox named Redd - and its a basic painting. He offered it to me for 3136 bells.

What are the odds its real?

Animekatt

Frank, my villager, says he bought a painting from some fox named Redd - and its a basic painting. He offered it to me for 3136 bells.

I say go for it. Normally villagers will charge close to 8k bells, so that's a pretty good deal.

You have no way of knowing. You should go for it anyway since artwork is hard to come by.

SeZMehK

I just need two more fossils to finish this thing.

What I need are:
Fern Fossil
Dinosaur Egg

What I have for trade:
Amber
Apato Tail
Archelon Skull
Dimetro Torso x2
Ichthyo Skull
Ichthyo Torso
Iguano Torso
Pachy Tail
Plesio Torso
Ptera Right Wing
Raptor Skull
Sabertooth Torso
Spino Skull
T.rex Tail

There's gotta be someone with these two, lol.

Stat!

What's worse is a I go to talk to Frank? He doesn't even mention the painting he sold me 2 minutes earlier.

Unbelievable. And why doesn't he donate the painting or go ask Blathers about it? He lives in the bloody town too. That's it Frank. We need a police station to report fraud.

IrishNinja

congrats to spin-chan & G-pink! im so far from that screen, haha

speaking of, what's everyone lookin for? i should be on later tonight with mah catalogs available inna morning

Updating my list:

Ok, adding my updated need/haves to the mix:

==========I need the following items:

Bad Bro Stache
Hero's Boots (I thought I had these, but turns out I don't :( someone offered them to me today, too. I'm a dumbass)

Velociraptor Skull
Styracosaurus Torso
Styracosaurus Tail
Archelon Torso/Tail
Mammoth Torso/Tail
Diplodocus Back Legs
Spinosaurus Tail

==========I can offer the following:

Stego Torso
Ankylo Torso
Spino Torso
Iguanodon Tail