• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebi23

So, I'm having an issue. I'm in the Dream Suite building, trying to sit on the couch and she asks me if I want to share a dream of my town. I say "Let's share my dream" & then there's some warnings about parental consent, sharing info and checking parental controls in system settings. But, I never enabled parental controls. I click through those messages and nothing happens.

Wow.

I think I am having a huge God complex right now.

"Yes I have all the fruit! You can pick everything you want but please leave the permissions I want to bury them to make more later."

*takes the permissions, leaves town*

>end party
>HOME
>friends list
>delete friend card

brb renaming town 'Eden'

When people do stuff you don't want them to in your town just hit the wireless switch. The game will give you an error and rewind to just before you opened your gate. No harm done.

Theandrin

So, I'm having an issue. I'm in the Dream Suite building, trying to sit on the couch and she asks me if I want to share a dream of my town. I say "Let's share my dream" & then there's some warnings about parental consent, sharing info and checking parental controls in system settings. But, I never enabled parental controls. I click through those messages and nothing happens.

I had this exact same issue. You will need to go in and actually enable parental controls and then disable the only one that is automatically set to "on". This should solve your problem.

zroid

Banned
Anyone know what the sales are like on this? I know 200K in the US after one week, but anything after that?

NPD isn't too far off. I can tell you that it's currently the most downloaded retail game on the US and Canadian eShops. That should put it pretty close to 100k downloads in North America.

I've been playing since day 1 and I'm finally ready to check out the online features--feel free to add me as a friend! PM me your friend codes if ya do--I've got almost every kind of fruit!

4742-4795-8093

flippedb

Banned
Gah! I installed this amazing path in my town and I needed just the inner corners to finish up. Since the path consists of 13 tiles, I saved the ones I had already used it and registered the new ones via QR Code. To my surprise, when I go back to my town, the new tiles had replaced the old ones, so it just looks horrible.

Is there any workaround for this?

zroid

Banned
tumblr_mpll9sq0eR1sv54gpo1_400.jpg

get out of

my town

Gah! I installed this amazing path in my town and I needed just the inner corners to finish up. Since the path consists of 13 tiles, I saved the ones I had already used it and registered the new ones via QR Code. To my surprise, when I go back to my town, the new tiles had replaced the old ones, so it just looks horrible.

Is there any workaround for this?

Only fix is using an alternate character. Path patterns must be in a character's inventory at all times.

Unicorn

When people do stuff you don't want them to in your town just hit the wireless switch. The game will give you an error and rewind to just before you opened your gate. No harm done.

technically it rewinds to the last save point, which usually is the last time someone arrived on a train, left on a train, or right after you open your gates (before anyone enters).

Shit, I'll have to re-do everything ;_;

There was a 11 or 12 tile set I used, but found that about 4 of them I only used once or I was able to fiddle around to the point where they were unnecessary.

Sure, I have some unnecessarily squirrely paths or smartly hidden paths (behind houses, through foliage) to work within the 9 tile limit I desire (1 custom, personal pattern).

Also, replacing face-board and flag patterns (currently hanging flag) doesn't mess with the current pattern on a face-board or flag, so set and forget. It's too bad it doesn't work that way with custom shirts on mannequins.

Shit, I'll have to re-do everything ;_;

I know your pain :( I did that too. And you have to unlock the QR machine with the alt character again...

technically it rewinds to the last save point, which usually is the last time someone arrived on a train, left on a train, or right after you open your gates (before anyone enters).

Ah, that's right :) I was thinking about having just one person in town.

massoluk

Banned
Well, I didn't expect KK Slider to pay tribute to the Blue Bomber :p
tumblr_mplf0fO4in1sx6mv9o1_400.jpg

The illuminated clock looked pretty damn good in front of the hall.
tumblr_mplf3k7nQI1sx6mv9o1_400.jpg

Unicorn

Also, OMG the Jungle floor is AMAZZZZING!

I took a shower after throwing it down in one of my rooms and was thinking, as I often do, of where they can take the series in the future.

Thought about the evolution of "tours" and how they wouldn't be instanced on blank town plots, but to actually be different areas entirely.

They could take place in, say a jungle, but have the viewpoint of the GC game (whether there are square edges for acres, idk). Doing jungle bug hunts in a jungle environment would be grand. Wearing a diving suit and actually viewing below the water's surface (hopping along the sea bottom) to catch fish or creatures or find items (again in the grounded GC viewpoint). The GC viewpoint with 3D would lend itself to a more diorama effect.

What?! No! NOOOOO! ;_;

Edit: Also, Club LOL just won't open, wth? I got the signatures on Monday or Tuesday, can't remember, but I still see no Club LOL.

took 6 days for me.

Unicorn

Just realized the Jungle floor actually sounds like grass when you run around on it.
p0QHO.gif

Do Fruit Trees not drop Furniture?

Nope. replace all non-fruit bearing trees with the cedar/pine trees. That way you always know which to shake (Cedars only grow on the northern half of the town.)

Rocwell

Just realized the Jungle floor actually sounds like grass when you run around on it.
p0QHO.gif

Nope. replace all non-fruit bearing trees with the cedar/pine trees. That way you always know which to shake (Cedars only grow on the northern half of the town.)
You can actually tell the difference between the fruit trees and the oak trees by the shade of green. The fruit trees are darker.

Unicorn

You can actually tell the difference between the fruit trees and the oak trees by the shade of green. The fruit trees are darker.

True, but I'm a fan of the Cedar's appearance and variety.

Does anyone know if all trees turn pink for cherry festival or only cherry trees? Older games had all trees (non-cedar) but I'd love it if only cherry trees changed.

Rocwell

True, but I'm a fan of the Cedar's appearance and variety.

Does anyone know if all trees turn pink for cherry festival or only cherry trees? Older games had all trees (non-cedar) but I'd love it if only cherry trees changed.

I think it's actually the oak trees that turn pink but I could be wrong. :X

I thought the clown aesthetic was really well done. He looks so cuddly too. For some reason though, he's the hardest person to find around my town. Gaf is missing out :p
Coco gets a lot of hate, too :(

Everyone who visits my town says she's creepy. She's actually a very nice neighbor (normal personality type).

tengiants

Can someone PM me if they have an extra Hero's pants?

I have the following extra Nintendo items to trade:
Bill Blaster
Fire Bar
Midna's Mask
Varia Pants
Hero's Clothes
Pikmin
1-Up Mushroom

PM me your friend code if you would like to trade.

3050-7575-0187

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wind Turbine town project suggestion today.
Wish I had more isolated areas for projects that are interesting, but uninteractable.

Kokonoe

Banned
I want to make a note that I'm no longer going to manage the OTs, so if anyone wants to do OT4 when the thread is filled up, go ahead.

milkham

Does anyone hear wanna trade apples for my oranges? I need one for my villager.

Speaking of villagers, one of them wants me to give them a pillbug? How do I get one?

0731-5795-7996

you can get pill bugs by hitting rocks with your shovel, you'll see something tiny fly off , switch to the net and then grab it

Kemal86

I bought too many turnips. TOO MANY. Can they just sit outside and chill all week? Do I need to store them in my basement or something?

macklelol

Anyone have a lovely dresser, sleek clock, stereo, or sideboard they're willing to let me catalog? Can give some bells or bamboo sprouts.

Li Kao

Ok, so I bite the bullet on an american 3ds xl today, and with all the hype surrounding this game I might make it my first digital purchase.
I never played an animal crossing game, there seem to be a ton of things you can do.

But I have two questions that importers could answer hopefully.
1- What about the timezones ? Will I be able to have american and japanese friends and play with them ?
2- I see some items are orderable when you visit some nintendo zone. As I am in europe am I f.... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom