• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
1- What about the timezones ? Will I be able to have american and japanese friends and play with them ?
2- I see some items are orderable when you visit some nintendo zone. As I am in europe am I f.... ?
1. The game is 24/7 - you can play at any and all times with anyone anywhere.
2. There are exclusives in each region. Not sure on the finer details tho.

Ok, so I bite the bullet on an american 3ds xl today, and with all the hype surrounding this game I might make it my first digital purchase.
I never played an animal crossing game, there seem to be a ton of things you can do.

But I have two questions that importers could answer hopefully.
1- What about the timezones ? Will I be able to have american and japanese friends and play with them ?
2- I see some items are orderable when you visit some nintendo zone. As I am in europe am I f.... ?

you just need to make friends from all regions that should take care of both issues really

even if something cannot be reordered maybe you can still find someone who will trade a one time item anyway the point is you are not locked out of getting items if you can friend someone that is willing to give one to you

Ok, so I bite the bullet on an american 3ds xl today, and with all the hype surrounding this game I might make it my first digital purchase.
I never played an animal crossing game, there seem to be a ton of things you can do.

But I have two questions that importers could answer hopefully.

1. There are timezones and you definitely can play with your american and japanese friends, it'll be just another daytime in their towns.
2. No you are not. You could probably visit your local McD to access a Nintendo Zone or change the SSID of your router to "_The Cloud" and download away!

fmpanda

Forgot about KK on Saturday and turnips today. Ugh goddamn you weekend.

I know the feeling, I've missed out on Turnips every Sunday due to work and I won't get to catch DJ KK until Wed. On another note though, I believe an earlier poster was talking about Kapp'n and his Poopdeck...Well, this happened last night:
tumblr_mpk04lwtoN1sx5zi1o1_400.jpg

Followed by this.....
tumblr_mpk075kCQN1sx5zi1o1_400.jpg

Yeahhhhhhh........

I'd happily join in on the fun, but I've got an important school talk this week.

Gonna get that over with, then I'll slip into the addiction again.

Discovered Cyrus could modify Paper Wall Lamps like I mentioned previously, so I've started messing around with that a bit. For now, I tried replacing the Paper Wall Lamps I had in the upper floor of my house with ones combined with Nebula Shirt fabric:
hni_0059_mpo4wse4.jpg

hni_0062_mpokasz8.jpg

Pretty happy with the result--the lamps themselves look great and it gives my room a nice sleepy feel with the main lights turned off like that, which works since I've just trying to go for a cozy, inviting feel for that room.

Wolfe

Discovered Cyrus could modify Paper Wall Lamps like I mentioned previously, so I've started messing around with that a bit. For now, I tried replacing the Paper Wall Lamps I had in the upper floor of my house with ones combined with Nebula Shirt fabric:

Pretty happy with the result--the lamps themselves look great and it gives my room a nice sleepy feel with the main lights turned off like that, which works since I've just trying to go for a cozy, inviting feel for that room.

Looks pretty slick, I'll have to hit up the HHA to grab one of those so I can check it out. I've actually been wanting a lava lamp for this same reason but haven't come across one yet.

ramyeon

I wish Cyrus would let you preview furniture before you remodel it. Anything with a colour change is easy enough to guess but when he's changing the pattern or the name is a bit less descriptive you've just gotta wait and see whether you like it or not.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Holy sh.

I almost made 300k just by selling all the bugs (and a few sharks) I caught yesterday evening on the island. So thanks to whoever posted that how to picture, shit's CASH fo show :3

fmpanda

After I posted earlier, I went on for my early morning bug run, and low and behold:
tumblr_mply0lJj4C1sx5zi1o1_400.jpg

Got in right before 2, lol, so good.gif.

Also, a nice view from the daytime:
tumblr_mplxyj1Dmm1sx5zi1o1_400.jpg

Finally, tonight's message from Kapp'n:
tumblr_mply2pUqaH1sx5zi1o1_400.jpg

After last night, ya think there Kapp'n?

I wish Cyrus would let you preview furniture before you remodel it. Anything with a colour change is easy enough to guess but when he's changing the pattern or the name is a bit less descriptive you've just gotta wait and see whether you like it or not.
Yeah, I'd definitely feel more comfortable experimenting with stuff if Cyrus would let you preview what it will look like first. Having to wait for him to finish only to find out you don't like it at all is kind of annoying, so due to that I'm kinda just playing it safe with him and not trying anything too crazy. =/

ramyeon

Yeah I got it :( I'll still cover the one you ordered though! Sadly I didn't have the Astro stuff you wanted in my catalogue, I think I have just about everything in that series but the bed and clock. Come over and see if there's anything you wanna cat in my house sometime though.

I got bored of waiting till late night just to catch rare bugs so I sell them for alot of money the next day.

I think I must enter the Turnips world now....

ramyeon

I got bored of waiting till late night just to catch rare bugs so I sell them for alot of money the next day.

I think I must enter the Turnips world now....
Bugs just covered me until I had enough money to seriously invest in the Stalk Market. Haven't had to go back to the island to farm since.

milkham

Yeah I got it :( I'll still cover the one you ordered though! Sadly I didn't have the Astro stuff you wanted in my catalogue, I think I have just about everything in that series but the bed and clock. Come over and see if there's anything you wanna cat in my house sometime though.

haha its alright, i'm rolling in turnip money, i don't even remember how much it cost

ramyeon

haha its alright, i'm rolling in turnip money, i don't even remember how much it cost
The turnip life.

I dunno how much anything in my room is worth. Although I was shocked looking through the catalogue to see that my White Katana is worth like 36,000 since it fell out of a tree.

one_kill

Perfect town status wooooooo!

Once I get that gold watering can and a completly renovated house, I'm going to stop playing. The finish line is near my friends.

ramyeon

I don't know when I'll ever be able to put this game down for good. At least a year though, I'm pretty excited for Autumn/Winter and all the events later this year.

I don't know when I'll ever be able to put this game down for good. At least a year though, I'm pretty excited for Autumn/Winter and all the events later this year.
Yeah, same here--currently planning on having one of my museum exhibit rooms as basically a place to store all the Holiday/Christmas furniture stuff, so I really can't wait for December to get here so I can start to get to work on that (since I would like to do it legit as much as possible). :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What?! No! NOOOOO! ;_;

Edit: Also, Club LOL just won't open, wth? I got the signatures on Monday or Tuesday, can't remember, but I still see no Club LOL.

it'll probably be tomorrow. I got the signatures monday/tuesday last week and it just opened today (UK)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I feel like I need to wipe my 3DS friends list because I've really only seen like a dozen or so people outside of pre-meditated meetings since launch.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maaan, I reaaally need to work on designing my house.
I've only really worked on my main room and even that is a bit cramped. Will wait until I have fully expanded my house which I'm in no rush to do. I could probably do most of it now but I'd like a bit more useful furniture first.

MicH

Stinky reserved a spot in my town today (from campsite) and I was so worried he would either move in in the middle of my flower beds or in the middle of my paths. Incredibly enough, he moved in MERE spaces off the path just behind some bushes. YOU ARE AMAZING STINKY! I can feel we will have an amazing friendship!

Also have Redd AGAIN! Had him on Saturday as well. Crazy. Bought another real painting off of him. Nice.

Super T&T gas everything half off at 6 PM. Yesss

Three new hybrids:
Pink rose
Pink cosmos
Black tulip

All from my hybrid garden.

Today has been a good day!

Robin64

The thing I mostly hate about opening up side rooms is that you get these great big giant fricking holes in your walls. Gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom