• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Only good thing that fence does was cause grass wear and trapping unwanted villagers or even isabelle in.

Pay attention GAF, DO NOT BUY FENCES for the love of god.

literally bought it thinking it was the dumping grounds from the GC one, so useless...guess ill try for hybrids there?

these bums aren't suggesting anything anymore. they got their hammock & windmill, that's literally all the ideas they've got. every day i don't put up a public works is a day wasted, you ingrates!

Exploit the swimming technique for easy projects.

man there has got to be more specifics (like villager type) than this, all i get are catchphrases, quizzes and shirt offers

IrishNinja

hey, ive got a crown (women's catalog? haha) today for sale for 1 million! im down to let whoever buy it, just let me catalog it if i can.

Yeah, it's a bit time consuming, but I managed 3 projects from it.

if you don't mind my asking, about how long did it take you?

zroid

Banned
Biff is such a miser. He's the only villager whom, when prompted, I have told to buy something, and still he refused.

rouken

lol, you're the one that just posted a request for items!

I'll order the chair and wardrobe for you, we'll swap tomorrow. To save time, would you be able to order a classic buffet so I don't lose another day ordering it?

add my FC too - 5327-0890-9892

haha, im just real sleepy.

but sure i can give you my classic buffet. :) i'll just hit you a pm tomorrow.

SuperSah

Banned
hey, ive got a crown (women's catalog? haha) today for sale for 1 million! im down to let whoever buy it, just let me catalog it if i can.

if you don't mind my asking, about how long did it take you?

Took me about 20 minutes last week to get them to recommend the trash can. About 4 trips swimming, etc. And about another 4 for my Wisteria Trellis.

What's that?

You go swimming for a good 5 minutes and it triggers villagers to talk to you which means a large chance of them asking for a new project work. Though they can ask for other things, catchphrases, items etc.

IrishNinja

Took me about 20 minutes last week to get them to recommend the trash can. About 4 trips swimming, etc. And about another 4 for my Wisteria Trellis.

that's not so bad really, might be my new grind since mortgage is almost paid off and im waiting to sell these turnips anyway, heh

any villager types in general, or just whoever was around first?

Snake just suggested the fire pit. God I love Snake! He's simply the best <3

congrats man! i hope i dont get some shit like that neon eiffel tower or oil rig that lower your scores though, haha

Koomaster

You go swimming for a good 5 minutes and it triggers villagers to talk to you which means a large chance of them asking for a new project work. Though they can ask for other things, catchphrases, items etc.
It's not JUST swimming though. Just so long as your villagers can't see you for a few minutes that will trigger them being excited to talk to you.

Swimming is a good way to kill time, but you could literally be doing anything outside so long as nobody sees you. You could just go stand still in a remote corner of the village, put your 3DS down for a bit. Then after a few minutes go and look for neighbors and the same thing will happen.

Philia

congrats man! i hope i dont get some shit like that neon eiffel tower or oil rig that lower your scores though, haha

For 15 days only man. That's nothing out of the whole year, just shoot for the gold watering can and then build whatever you like after that.

SuperSah

Banned
that's not so bad really, might be my new grind since mortgage is almost paid off and im waiting to sell these turnips anyway, heh

any villager types in general, or just whoever was around first?

Iirc, it was just random villagers. Pretty sure both were from Jambette the frog.

Feels like a grind, but it works. I just hide behind Kapp'ns boat so no jellyfish sting me and wait for 5 minutes to pass, make sure it's 100% 5 minutes or over.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

apparantly filling your inventory with tools increases the chances, because you don't have any items they can ask for, and you don't have any empty slots for them to give you stuff

But then you end up wasting over a row in your storage for pointless tools...

SuperSah

Banned
It's not JUST swimming though. Just so long as your villagers can't see you for a few minutes that will trigger them being excited to talk to you.

Swimming is a good way to kill time, but you could literally be doing anything outside so long as nobody sees you. You could just go stand still in a remote corner of the village, put your 3DS down for a bit. Then after a few minutes go and look for neighbors and the same thing will happen.

Merely talking about my sucessful experiences.

If I cut down all non-fruit trees except two cedars, would these be guaranteed to be the furniture trees in the morning and eliminated beehives or could I just end up with two beehives?

I don't care about finding the money tree every day but I do look for the furniture trees. I'm just not sure if I allowed only two possibilities for them to spawn if I'd definitely get furniture trees or if the beehives would spawn there too. Or if I'd just end up with two bell trees? (Not sure how many of those spawn per day.)

Why would it matter if it's a cedar tree? Any non-fruit tree can have bells, bees, or furniture.

If you want to ensure you get 2 pieces of furniture each day, you'll need at least 27 non-fruit trees total:

20 bell trees
5 beehive trees
2 furniture trees

Philia

Why would it matter if it's a cedar tree? Any non-fruit tree can have bells, bees, or furniture.

If you want to ensure you get 2 pieces of furniture each day, you'll need at least 27 non-fruit trees total:

20 bell trees
5 beehive trees
2 furniture trees

LOL I got less than that and still have 2 furniture trees. Unless I'm just lucky to consistently get those instead of bell trees. For the record I have 17, if you include the 6 cedars that I began to plant and growing since.

IrishNinja

For 15 days only man. That's nothing out of the whole year, just shoot for the gold watering can and then build whatever you like after that.

true, true...also howdy Philia!

Iirc, it was just random villagers. Pretty sure both were from Jambette the frog.

Feels like a grind, but it works. I just hide behind Kapp'ns boat so no jellyfish sting me and wait for 5 minutes to pass, make sure it's 100% 5 minutes or over.

oh, so you just idle there? damn i was told you had to be actively swimming, nice

apparantly filling your inventory with tools increases the chances, because you don't have any items they can ask for, and you don't have any empty slots for them to give you stuff

those are both pretty good ideas, gonna try this as well!

LOL I got less than that and still have 2 furniture trees. Unless I'm just lucky to consistently get those instead of bell trees.

You are. What falls into which tree is randomly generated at 6 AM each day, so if you have, say, 26 trees, then you may only get one piece of furniture for the day.

IrishNinja

you sure? gonna try this as well...i dont mind swimming but i tend to grind at night when there's only 2 or so villagers about anyway so this won't be hard

meeee!
it's catalogable i'm pretty sure
0018 0941 4804

ok lemme add you real quick, my code is in my profile...ill open my gates soon!

bs000

Almost done with fossils. Trade meeee.

Have
-mario hat
-luigi hat

-apato torso
-megacero skull
-dimetrodon torso x2
-dimetrodon tail x2
-styraco tail x3
-mammoth skull
-apato skull x2
-mammoth torso
-ptera left wing x2
-T. rex skull x2
-shark tooth
-plesio torso
-archelon skull
-spino tail
-raptor skull
-parasaur torso
-apato tail x2
-pachy torso
-megacero skull
-megacero tail
-spino tail
-sabretooth torso
-iguanadon torso
-coprolite
-amber

Need:
ankylo torso
megacero torso
parasaur tail

Koomaster

you sure? gonna try this as well...i dont mind swimming but i tend to grind at night when there's only 2 or so villagers about anyway so this won't be hard
Yeah, I usually only go swimming every few days yet I get PWP requests every day. It's just the act of them not seeing you for a while. Swimming is easy since it's rare for a villager to be on the beach and see you out in the water. But if you keep track of where your villagers are in your town, you could easily be off shaking trees, hunting bugs, fishing in the river, whatever away from them for a while.

20 bell trees
5 beehive trees
2 furniture trees

Just a hypothetical on the cedars but thanks for the information. I've had less than 27 non-fruit trees for awhile but always got the 2 furniture/5 bees so I wondered if there might be some kind of priority to the way they spawned: furniture first, then bees, then bells. So if I had 3 cedars and all fruit, I'd get 2 furniture trees and one bee. Or if I had 2 cedars, I'd get 2 furniture trees and no bees.

I was hoping to systematically eliminate the 5 bee trees per day while hanging onto the furniture trees. Guess there's no reward without some risk. But I might be able to experiment a little as I convert my non-fruit trees to cedars.

IrishNinja

gates are open, cosmogyral! headin to bed soon so come on by

adjacently buried fossils are one of life's little pleasures

god yes, only ruined when i find 4 or 5 and like 1 is new...ive got plenty im still missing too, is the worst part

also first 2 trees i shook today had bees...coudlnt catch em, couldnt outrun them. damn you beeeeeees

Koren

I'm pretty sure they don't ask for seeds, giftwrapped items, fossils, bells, wrapping paper, etc. so there's a lot of things you can fill your inventory with.

So the best solution, I think, is clicking on the bells amount and ask for e.g. 100 bells bags and fill the inventory with it. They probably can't ask for those, and you don't have anymore room for something they could give. Best part: when you need room in your inventory, just put the money back in your pockets.

I'm currently trying this, so I'll give you an update on its efficiency.

I still haven't seen a scorpion, after lookig for it for hours. I haven't seen a tarentula either since the beginning of july. I'm worried that the amount of trees/flowers could decrease the chance of those appearing. Or the misplacement of some buildings (I've read they were appearing always at the same couple of places, and I built the Café close to the place where I've seen two tarentulas :(

Found a new item in the police station's lost and found today!
The tricky pitfall seed makes a hole much smaller than regular holes for buried items.

tumblr_mpme8jxWmC1sukkejo2_r1_400.jpg
tumblr_mpme8jxWmC1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Philia

I still haven't seen a scorpion, after lookig for it for hours. I haven't seen a tarentula either since the beginning of july. I'm worried that the amount of trees/flowers could decrease the chance of those appearing. Or the misplacement of some buildings (I've read they were appearing always at the same couple of places, and I built the Café close to the place where I've seen two tarentulas :(

LOL, on clear nights they show up more often, and we just sort of finished the rainiest month ever. I'll tell you what'll help a ton in their spawning. Just scare away a lot of bugs you see in each area you run into. I had a lot of bugs on my trees so I scare them away on purpose to push the RNG into either the scorpion or tarantula when you come back to this area or the next area after that. I do my runs around doing this. I also noticed that they don't appear in the same night for me. I don't know if that's a thing or not. One night I saw 5 scorpions but no tarantulas, and same vice versa.

IrishNinja

oh man that 100 bells each slot idea might be golden

also...so scorpions & tarantuals, are they on trees or scurrying around the ground or wha? never seen either

Philia

also...so scorpions & tarantuals, are they on trees or scurrying around the ground or wha? never seen either

Ground, and their hours are obnoxious. :\ Without double checking, its like 11pm to 4am.

Linius

Ground, and their hours are obnoxious. :\ Without double checking, its like 11pm to 4am.

Yeah, they show up late. Animal Crossing messing with our sleep patterns.

EDIT

Meanwhile I'm sunburned from the Belgian/Dutch sun which is quite something, even in the summer no guerantees for good weather. But in AC it's still raining, FFS.

Koren

god yes, only ruined when i find 4 or 5 and like 1 is new...ive got plenty im still missing too, is the worst part
5? Isn't 4 the number of fossils available each day? If you miss one one day, it's still available the next one besides 4 new ones?

I have a lot of dupes, btw, if I can help anyone...

Dino print
Coprolite (x2)
Peking man
Shark tooth
Fern fossil

Ankylo skull (x2)
Apato tail
Dimetro tail
Dino/Seismo torso
Ichtyo skull
Mammoth torso (x2)
Megacero/Bronto tail
Megacero/Bronto skull
Pachy skull
Pachy torso
Parasauro tail
Ptera left wing
Sabertooth/Smilo skull (x2)
Sabertooth/Smilo torso
Spino skull
Styraco tail

My museum is full, but one of my friend is looking for Ankylo tail, Diplo tail, Dimetro skull, Ichtyo torso, Raptor torso, Stego tail and Styraco torso.

I would welcome myself rococo and astro items (cataloging is sufficient).

And if you only miss a couple of fossils and haven't anything I need, I don't mind giving those for free... (I'd like to avoid giving half a dozen of them to a beginner, in order to be able to help more players, though, especially since the last ones are often more difficult to find)

Linius

Before my absence I kind of destroyed the layout of my house the way I liked it to stuff full sets that I have in different rooms, placing lucky items and stuff and my HHA rating went over 90.000. At least it got effect :D

You can also have trees that gives you absolutely nothing.

That shouldn't be happening. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to guarantee that even with 100 trees that there would be 27 that give you something. It makes no sense from a design standpoint.

SuperSah

Banned
Before my absence I kind of destroyed the layout of my house the way I liked it to stuff full sets that I have in different rooms, placing lucky items and stuff and my HHA rating went over 90.000. At least it got effect :D

You didn't get round to adding me, so I removed your provisional friend code

Koren

LOL, on clear nights they show up more often, and we just sort of finished the rainiest month ever. I'll tell you what'll help a ton in their spawning. Just scare away a lot of bugs you see in each area you run into.
That's what I do... I even scare the fishes, although I think the spawn numbers are separate, and avoid leaving anything on the floor.

And I've probably looked for them 3-4h hours during clear nights :(

If others try it and it seems to work, please say it.

Ground, and they are moving arounf. The sound can help, too.

I've read 7pm to 5am. If it's after 11pm, that's interesting. I'm using solar time (local time - 2h) to get more sun during the evening and getting "morning hours" for lunch break, so that would mean >1am. I've probably looked more than 1h after 1am (so 11pm in-game), but at least as many earlier...

Linius

You didn't get round to adding me, so I removed your provisional friend code

Huh? I was going trough my PM box a good two weeks back to see if I missed things and I noticed I almost forgot you and then added. Apparently I did something wrong :(

Philia

That shouldn't be happening. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to guarantee that even with 100 trees that there would be 27 that give you something. It makes no sense from a design standpoint.

Well for the record I also have 134 perfect peach trees. :3 Along with an each tree for each fruit except normal peach. My town's spechul. :3

4000 2264 4880 is my dream code.

Linius

Well for the record I also have 134 perfect peach trees. :3 Along with an each tree for each fruit except normal peach. My town's spechul. :3

134 perfect fruit trees? Damn, no need for island grinding for you :p

:eek: My peaches have stubbornly remained mediocre. I saw a bunch of perfect trees in your town but I didn't realize you had over a hundred! We're playing the same game, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom