• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

anyone got a link to that 'good public works / bad public works' list? I want to know if an illuminated arch will detract from my efforts towards a perfect town. Its the only one on my list I give a shit about until the residents suggest something good.
Pretty much anything illuminated will detract from it.

Chaos17

Wait, the villagers in the game, are they actually moving between your own and your friends towns?
Pretty rare, they usually move out without going to a friend town but yes, it can happen and they don't need your friend apporval for that.
Also, friends can convince your villagers to move to their town if they become friend or if they meet them when they're packing up.

Well, that's what I read...

Ok - so I'm being dumb. I've started the public works for the Dream Suite, yesterday - but for the life of me I can't find the little gyroid guy to make donations too. Equally I wasn't asked where I wanted to put the site.

Anyone care to enlighten me/point out the glaringly obvious?

Robin64

Ok - so I'm being dumb. I've started the public works for the Dream Suite, yesterday - but for the life of me I can't find the little gyroid guy to make donations too. Equally I wasn't asked where I wanted to put the site.

Anyone care to enlighten me/point out the glaringly obvious?

Go to the train station.

Chaos17

So, Turnips are at 116 today. It is my first week playing the game. Should I sell the ones I bought today?

Hi and welcome.

Here's a guide for Turnips trends : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=69088791&postcount=2707
Here's the topic if you wan to go sell your turnips to a player town which migh have a higher price : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595431

Choose the one you prefer but remember that each sunday your remaining turnips will rots.

Pachimari

Pretty rare, they usually move out without going to a friend town but yes, it can happen and they don't need your friend apporval for that.
Also, friends can convince your villagers to move to their town if they become friend or if they meet them when they're packing up.

Well, that's what I read...

Okay cool. I think I'm gonna go get this game today if the store still have it.

Koren

Pretty much anything illuminated will detract from it.
Isn't there a double notation, one for "nature" and one for "development", and illuminated projects only decrease the "nature" score?

I need more zen projects, but my grumpy neighbors doesn't seem to want anything :(

Can you get more than one suggestion each day, btw?

Garland7G

Isn't there a double notation, one for "nature" and one for "development", and illuminated projects only decrease the "nature" score?

I need more zen projects, but my grumpy neighbors doesn't seem to want anything :(

I'm starting to think not, been trying all week and I only seem to get 1 suggestion per day max.

ramyeon

I can't find the site again, I'm sure it's the same one the other poster is looking for. But it basically outlined a few projects that don't add anything towards Perfect Town and actually detract from it. Illuminations, Oil Rig, Bin etc. were all ones like that as far as I remember.

afoni

Banned
tumblr_mpptbsfqdz1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

What is that circular wall-mounted thing called? I really want some for my moon cult.

Also, this is the best screen I will ever capture:

tumblr_mpo02dH6ZH1spc5nfo1_400.jpg

Garland7G

I can't find the site again, I'm sure it's the same one the other poster is looking for. But it basically outlined a few projects that don't add anything towards Perfect Town and actually detract from it. Illuminations, Oil Rig, Bin etc. were all ones like that as far as I remember.

the ones I remember were picnic blanket, jumbo screen, garbage can

edit: stadium lights

Chaos17

Okay cool. I think I'm gonna go get this game today if the store still have it.
I advice you to think how you will like your town to look by taking a peek at the public projects, here : http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Works_Projects

I suggest you this because you may want to reserve some places in your village without a villager move in your town and ruin your plans. When this case happen usually people tend to try all they can to make the villager move out as quick as possible...

To reserve a spot just build a sign on the place so none will move on it.

Well, that's just an advice >.>

MarkusRJR

Why is it so hard to get the major's license or whatever it's called at the beginning of the game? I've been taking care of the town as much as I can yet not making much progress. :(

Koren

Found it:
http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/44114461860/great-blog-glad-you-still-have-it-would-you-happen

It has been inproved since:
The rating depends on three areas: Cleanliness, Abundant Nature, and Abundant Living

Cleanliness means:
1) less than 10 weeds
2) less than 10 items on the ground (not counting sea shells, fruit, mushrooms, flowers, buried fossils, buried gyroids, buried Pitfall Seeds)
3) no garbage (Empty Can, Boot, Old Tire, Spoiled Turnips)
4) no Rafflesia

Abundant Nature means:
1) appropriate number of trees (I don’t know the counts yet)
2) many flowers
3) high Nature Points from Public Works
Good: Flower Clock, Flower Bed, Flower Arch, Wisteria Pergola, Straw Fence, topiaries, Solar Panels, Wind Power Generator, Windmill
Bad: Garbage Can, Jumbo Monitor, Oil Excavator, Tire Play Equipment, Picnic Sheet, Traffic Light, illumination items, Tower

Abundant Living means:
1) high Living Points from Public Works
Best: Campground
Good: bridges, benches, outside lights, Garden Chair, Hot Spring, Fire Hydrant, Stadium Lights, Solar Panels, Lighthouse
OK: almost everything else including Water Well, Fountain, clocks, Signboard, Face Board, signs, art, monuments, etc.
Bad: Garbage Can
I think my nature rating is adequate, since it's always saying that I need more public projects, and for the "living" rating, outside lights are a plus... (thnaks goodness, because I've just launched the lighthouse project)

So it's a bit more balanced than that. I hope that you can balance illuminated objects with enough flowers...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
beginners guide to growing flowers? I seem to have a large clump of tulips entirely by accident - do they spread if they are in a certain pattern? Others on their own just seem to sit there

Betty

Banned
beginners guide to growing flowers? I seem to have a large clump of tulips entirely by accident - do they spread if they are in a certain pattern? Others on their own just seem to sit there

Flowers grown next to each other will often grow new ones every day. Your villagers will also plant flowers of the same type next to other flowers.

Also, to anyone having a hard time getting hybrids, I had hundreds of flowers all spaced out but was yielding little results everyday. So I removed all but a select few, like about 20 or so, and I've been getting hybrids like crazy.

...someone's decided to move in next to me. Oh, of all the space, I wanted a neighbour.

...bugger and damn. Well, maybe the mayor will just never talk to them.

hni_0016_mpo1osce.jpg

My boy Del has great taste. ;) That's going to be the first song I actually request this week (for my upper room). :D

Also...
hni_0020_jpgfesrc.jpg

FUCK. YES.

Was scared the thing was going to get away from me, because even tiptoeing at min speed with the net, every time I tried to get closer to it, it hissed at me and I was hesitant to approach because I was scared it would just attack me and send me back to my house. Thought it was going to just vanish on me, but I managed to nab it somehow! :D
What is that circular wall-mounted thing called? I really want some for my moon cult.

Also, this is the best screen I will ever capture:

tumblr_mpo02dH6ZH1spc5nfo1_400.jpg
Stained Glass. ;)

Why is it so hard to get the major's license or whatever it's called at the beginning of the game? I've been taking care of the town as much as I can yet not making much progress. :(
I didn't really have any problems with it. Really want to say I got it like my first day, no problem. Of course, I'm the type of person that won't stop talking with a villager until they say they need some time to think, and then I just move onto the next one, and so forth as part of my daily rounds. So maybe talking your villagers to death like that really helps? xD I dunno--that's what worked for me anyway.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Koren

Since the turnip thread isn't probably the best place...

If I'm not mistaken, my Re-Tail is offering today 7200 bells for each perfect peach, so 64800 for each full gasket (item of the day + wealthy town ordinance).

If some of you have a perfect peach orchad, that may be an interesting opportunity ^_^

Garland7G

How nice of Grizzly to invite me to his home on my birthday. Even got to blow out the candles using the mic

I've read that the villager that is your best friend in town will invite you over for a party on your birthday. Pretty cool stuff. How many villagers showed up to the party?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

If I'm not mistaken, my Re-Tail is offering today 7200 bells for each perfect peach, so 64800 for each full gasket (item of the day + wealthy town ordinance).

If some of you have a perfect peach orchad, that may be an interesting opportunity ^_^

Philia has 134 perfect peach trees...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Post this when Philia is online.

Koren

Philia has 134 perfect peach trees...
I thought I had seen someone talking about a perfect peach orchard (especially since I have a, smaller, perfect apple orchad myself), that's the reason why I posted that, but I didn't know who had designed it...

Thanks...

Chopper

I thought I had seen someone talking about a perfect peach orchad (especially since I have a, smaller, perfect apple orchad myself), that's the reason why I posted that, but I didn't know who had designed it...

Thanks...
I'd love to pop over a bit later too please buddy. At work at the moment, but will PM you after...

The advantages of living between a pond and the river. There is no room for a next door neighbour.

I'm good on two sides with water, and on another with a fountain public works project, but on the third side, in front of a bridge... the battle has been lost.

Wolfe

I just noticed Apollo is sick but my shops are all closed cause it's 4 in the morning. Anyone have some medicine I could bum off them?

Anyone a fan of Scoot? He's in my campsite today but I've got a full house and a duckling already but if someone wants to convince him to move to their town, I could do that at some point today.

I just noticed Apollo is sick but my shops are all closed cause it's 4 in the morning. Anyone have some medicine I could bum off them?

I've been hoarding medicine bags. I could bring one if you like.

Philia

I said GOT DAYUM. :3 I need to hit up and tell Enduin. He got a full orchard of perfect peach.

And no, its not payday for me unfortunately. My orchard is a day shy of fruiting. :( Really appreciate you guys remembering me and telling him lmao. :3 We should have the bell boomers to pay attention to their bonuses at Retail these days. :3

My Re-tail is buying turnips for 437. Add me (4957-2777-7267) and PM me your code if you want to sell. I'll open my gates in about 30 minutes then. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Been hit by no more items in this room message for my Gyroid exhibition so I guess now is the time to consider which to keep and which to give away. Does anyone else collect them?

zigg

Been hit by no more items in this room message for my Gyroid exhibition so I guess now is the time to consider which to keep and which to give away. Does anyone else collect them?
How many do you have in there? I haven't tried to pack them in so densely that I couldn't activate them.

Philia

How many do you have in there? I haven't tried to pack them in so densely that I couldn't activate them.

3 Rooms were enough for all of them to let a path through.

Also, ZIGG, I got my second red* pansy today! <3 AND a Red* rose fucking finally.

Linius

I could have had my Cafe yesterday but I'm so terrified to put it in the wrong place that I still haven't got around it :p

Guess I'll be checking my gyroid room too Philia. I don't care for them at all, they just take up so much space.

Also, I had my first famous mushroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom