• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amneisac

Why are you not able to set your town to always open and invited to your best friends? There are so many aspects of this game I feel like they intentionally made take about 5x longer than they needed to. It's my biggest gripe.

Walk into a store TEXT BOX
Go to sell something SAME TEXT BOXES EVERY TIME
Go to leave TEXT BOX

There are so many little slow animations, transitions, text boxes, loading screens and saving screens. I'm not a super impatient person, but it makes the 'pick up and play' nature of the game not as much fun for a mobile platform. I was hoping it'd be something cool to take along to work and just do a few quick things every day, but it's all so repetitive (which is okay) but having the repetitive text boxes and unnecessary transitions/animations/load screens really adds up.

Dicer

Banned
Why are you not able to set your town to always open and invited to your best friends? There are so many aspects of this game I feel like they intentionally made take about 5x longer than they needed to. It's my biggest gripe.

Go to leave TEXT BOX

There are so many little slow animations, transitions, text boxes, loading screens and saving screens. I'm not a super impatient person, but it makes the 'pick up and play' nature of the game not as much fun for a mobile platform. I was hoping it'd be something cool to take along to work and just do a few quick things every day, but it's all so repetitive (which is okay) but having the repetitive text boxes and unnecessary transitions/animations/load screens really adds up.

If you did the same shit in real life, there would be non skippable interactions as well.

Amneisac

If you did the same shit in real life, there would be non skippable interactions as well.

If I went into a shop and the shopkeeper greeted me in exactly the same way and said the exact same things every time I went in there I would stop going. They also don't grab you and force you to stay still and listen to them while they talk. I could just walk out of the store when they said "GOOD-BYE THANKS FOR COMING" or whatever and not have to stop, turn around, and listen.

Besides all that stuff though, there's no way you are seriously comparing Animal Crossing to real life.

BowieZ

Banned

Go to leave TEXT BOX

At worst, the text bubbles should float on the screen unobtrusively without pausing play.

I mean, I can kinda understand Isabelle and Tom Nook having repeated, lengthy texts because the idea is that you aren't supposed to be talking to them about new expansions/public works every single day.

But all the daily task related ones where you've got all these set goals in mind, you don't want to be constantly bogged down in text.

I consciously decided to accustom myself to holding down the R trigger a few days ago and tapping haphazardly on the A button (or B when I'm anticipating declining something). Mitigates the issue a little.

Eyothrie

I need an axe! Like ASAP! Does anyone have a spare to sell or a shop that has one in stock? Will pay a premium!!

1977-0216-0237

Amneisac

At worst, the text bubbles should float on the screen unobtrusively without pausing play.

I mean, I can kinda understand Isabelle and Tom Nook having repeated, lengthy texts because the idea is that you aren't supposed to be talking to them about new expansions/public works every single day.

But all the daily task related ones where you've got all these set goals in mind, you don't want to be constantly bogged down in text.

I consciously decided to accustom myself to holding down the R trigger a few days ago and tapping haphazardly on the A button (or B when I'm anticipating declining something). Mitigates the issue a little.

This would be a good idea, I'd even settle for instant text. Even having to hold 'b' or whatever it still goes too slowly. It shouldn't have to 'scroll' at all while they're talking.

Going to Retail:

Open door (load screen)
Immediately greeted by shopkeeper with a text box (Press A)
Talk to shopkeeper "Yes, Can I help you? (Press A)
I want to sell (Press A)
"What did you bring in?" (Press A)
Choose what you want to sell (Press A on confirm)
"ooh! A "xyz" I can take that off your hands for 1 bell!" "press A"
Deal! (press A)
Thank you (Press A)
Leave store THANKS load screen transition

That's just madness.

bs000

anyone up for fossil trading / letting me catalog stuff?

I just finished collecting all the fossils, so now I'm just freeing up locker space.

Want any of these before I sell them at Re-tail? Free or best offer:

-coprolite
-archleon torso
-apato skull x2
-apato torso
-apato tail x2
-dimetrodon torso
-dimetrodon tail x2
-styraco tail x3
-mammoth skull
-mammoth torso
-megacero skull
-megacero tail
-ptera left wing
-T. rex skull x2
-shark tooth
-plesio torso
-raptor skull
-parasaur torso
-pachy torso
-spino tail x2
-spino torso
-sabretooth torso x2
-iguanadon skull
-iguanadon torso
-pachy torso

I just finished collecting all the fossils, so now I'm just freeing up locker space.

Want any of these before I sell them at Re-tail? Free or best offer:

-coprolite
-archleon torso
-apato skull x2
-apato torso
-apato tail x2
-dimetrodon torso
-dimetrodon tail x2
-styraco tail x3
-mammoth skull
-mammoth torso
-megacero skull
-megacero tail
-ptera left wing
-T. rex skull x2
-shark tooth
-plesio torso
-raptor skull
-parasaur torso
-pachy torso
-spino tail x2
-spino torso
-sabretooth torso x2
-iguanadon skull
-iguanadon torso
-pachy torso

most definitely interested. let me check my museum, is there a good way to know which one you need?

Amneisac

I would like to be able to tell what wallpaper or floor I'm looking at without having a Nookling explain it to me.

Yeah, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I also think stackable items should auto-stack as you loot them, the tool changing animation shouldn't turn you toward the camera EVERY TIME, it should be quicker and easier to join friends, on and on.

bs000

most definitely interested. let me check my museum, is there a good way to know which one you need?

I looked at the list on the sign outside the museum and wrote down everything I already had. Then I found a full list online to compare and wrote down everything I needed.

I looked at the list on the sign outside the museum and wrote down everything I already had. Then I found a full list online to compare and wrote down everything I needed.

cool. i checked mine

-archleon torso
-apato torso
-dimetrodon torso
-styraco tail x3
-mammoth skull
-megacero skull
-megacero tail
-raptor skull
-spino torso
-iguanadon skull
-iguanadon torso

these are the ones i need.

FC: 3823-8506-5164
we can discuss compensation.

Philia

so now my Turnip rush is over and I have a little more storage space, I'd like to finish up a few furniture themes and see what I can push my HHA score to. (btw I hit 183k yesterday, shouldn't Lyle come and visit?)

You need to talk to Lyle at Nook's Homes. Once you've received your Gold Model Home (150k), you're done with Interior rewards. Move on to Exterior by talking to Lyle.

If you haven't gotten your gold model home, you need to drop your exterior challenge by talking to Lyle.

I hope people who doesn't KNOW about this WILL READ this.

Susurrus

So, can the Japanese version and the American version play together over local play? I'd like to do this to play it w/ my gf.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thanks for the items, cataloging and overall shennanigans, Niraj! :D

It seems to be meteor shower day in my town today, whatever that means. Hmmm...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, re-tail is giving extra bells for furniture lol. Might as well take advantage of that and dump all the stuff filling up my closet and the ugly stuff in general

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks for the items, cataloging and overall shennanigans, Niraj! :D

It seems to be meteor shower day in my town today, whatever that means. Hmmm...

Happy to help.

Meteor showers, at night you you'll see them in the sky (press up to look at the sky). When one passes, press A to make a wish, and you'll get an item in the mail tomorrow. I got a throne today :)

Philia

You need Gyroids, Phillia?

Mini Bowtoid
Mega Bowtoid
Mini Buzzoid
Clankoid
Mini Clankoid
Mini Dekkoid
Mega Drilloid
Mini Echoid
Mini Garloid
Mini Harmonoid
Mini Howloid
Slim Nebuloid
Mega Oombloid
Mega Percoloid
Mini Plinkoid
Plinkoid
Tall Poltergoid
Mini Puffoid
Mega Quazoid
Quazoid
Mega Squelchoid
and Squelchoid

Are all I have left to get. If you have any of those, please let me know. Thanks.

I got news for you.

Awesome. Opening.

Niraj

Mini Bowtoid
Mega Bowtoid
Mini Buzzoid
Clankoid
Mini Clankoid
Mini Dekkoid
Mega Drilloid
Mini Echoid
Mini Garloid
Mini Harmonoid
Mini Howloid
Slim Nebuloid
Mega Oombloid
Mega Percoloid
Mini Plinkoid
Plinkoid
Tall Poltergoid
Mini Puffoid
Mega Quazoid
Quazoid
Mega Squelchoid
and Squelchoid

Are all I have left to get. If you have any of those, please let me know. Thanks

Are you looking to keep or just catalog? I should have the ones I bolded somewhere (they're in my catalog at any rate).

Philia

Well obviously, but just didn't know whether you wanted to fill up your catalog or actually have them. I'll see which ones I'm not using.

No worries, I'm displaying these at my museum. Probably be a good idea to allow some catalog fairs for these lol. Since there's 127 of them in all.

mollipen

Go to leave TEXT BOX

Exact same complaint I have about all of the 3DS Mii Plaza stuff.

OH YOU MEAN I CAN PUT THIS HAT I JUST GOT ON MY MII?? THANKS FOR TELLING ME FOR THE HUNDRETH TIME!!

It's like Nintendo thinks gamers are stupid, and must have things re-explained to them every single time. It's also an argument about convenience, and I think games like Animal Crossing shows that Nintendo just doesn't pay enough attention to those ideas. Why can't I turn in more than one fortune at a time? Why won't fruit auto-stack? Tons of stupid little things like that.

At the VERY least, get with the times and give us a button that properly fast forwards through / auto-skips text, but which also doesn't cancel out of decision making.

Mini Bowtoid
Mega Bowtoid
Mini Buzzoid
Clankoid
Mini Clankoid
Mini Dekkoid
Mega Drilloid
Mini Echoid
Mini Garloid
Mini Harmonoid
Mini Howloid
Slim Nebuloid
Mega Oombloid
Mega Percoloid
Mini Plinkoid
Plinkoid
Tall Poltergoid
Mini Puffoid
Mega Quazoid
Quazoid
Mega Squelchoid
and Squelchoid

got these

Niraj

No worries, I'm displaying these at my museum. Probably be a good idea to allow some catalog fairs for these lol. Since there's 127 of them in all.

I checked my stuff for you. You're welcome to my clankoid, mini clankoid, mega percoloid, and mini howloid if you'd like them.

Koren

Are all I have left to get. If you have any of those, please let me know. Thanks.
Damn. I feel there will be a "little" translation problem... It was already tricky with fossils, e.g. megacerosomething is called brontosomethingelse here (not brontosaurus, the other name of apatosaurus). Furnitures and songs aren't always easy. But giroïds, now... Is there a translation table somewhere?

When you visit tomorrow, I'll try to leave my dupes near the station, so that you can take anything that would be useful ;)

There's 127 of them? Damn, that's an awful lot (I'm less surprised to have so few complete families, now)... You need at least three 8x8 rooms if you want to display them properly. Nook will be reach when I'm done (I intend to use the four save slots to create four characters so that I can get some display space... Having 28 8x8 rooms (4 complete houses and the museum first floor) would be nice)

That being said, 127 can't be devided by 3, is there a "special" one that doesn't come in three variations?

Philia

got these

I checked my stuff for you. You're welcome to my clankoid, mini clankoid, mega percoloid, and mini howloid if you'd like them.

Awesome. Man I'm not feeling too good right now. I may want to ask you guys to hold on to them right now. Do you guys want anything for them? I have bamboo shoots and uh perfect peach and every fruit there is except native peach. I also have two dupes Heros' Clothes today -.-' and a dupe Virtual Boy, Wii Board, and uh... ? Block.

Philia

Damn. I feel there will be a "little" translation problem... It was already tricky with fossils, e.g. megacerosomething is called brontosomethingelse here (not brontosaurus, the other name of apatosaurus). Furnitures and songs aren't always easy. But giroïds, now... Is there a translation table somewhere?

When you visit tomorrow, I'll try to leave my dupes near the station, so that you can take anything that would be useful ;)

There's 127 of them? Damn, that's an awful lot (I'm less surprised to have so few complete families, now)... You need at least three 8x8 rooms if you want to display them properly. Nook will be reach when I'm done (I intend to use the four save slots to create four characters so that I can get some display space... Having 28 8x8 rooms (4 complete houses and the museum first floor) would be nice)

That being said, 127 can't be devided by 3, is there a "special" one that doesn't come in three variations?

LOL, the families are varied. There's few families that has 6 types and one family has only... ONE which shouldn't be a family at all lmao.

But yeah I appreciate you leaving behind dupes for me.

Here's the full list of gyroids.

http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Gyroid_(furniture)

Nah, you can just have them. I'm sick myself, so I'm just kind of sitting around trying to get some work done. Just PM me whenever and I'll likely be around.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Niraj

Awesome. Man I'm not feeling too good right now. I may want to ask you guys to hold on to them right now. Do you guys want anything for them? I have bamboo shoots and uh perfect peach and every fruit there is except native peach. I also have two dupes Heros' Clothes today -.-' and a dupe Virtual Boy, Wii Board, and uh... ? Block.

Nah, you can just have them. I'm sick myself, so I'm just kind of sitting around trying to get some work done. Just PM me whenever and I'll likely be around.

Koren

LOL, the families are varied. There's one family that has 7 types and one family has only... ONE which shouldn't be a family at all lmao.

But yeah I appreciate you leaving behind dupes for me.

Here's the full list of gyroids.

http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Gyroid_(furniture)

Thanks, that's good to know and the link will be helpful. I've yet to see more than three in a single family (maybe four in the family of seven, I should check, some seems to be pretty similar), but I've only gotten ~45 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom