• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster

This is my prototype for a new strategy game, I call it Gyroid Wars.

61uk.jpg

Philia

Thanks, that's good to know and the link will be helpful. I've yet to see more than three in a single family (maybe four in the family of seven, I should check, some seems to be pretty similar), but I've only gotten ~45 of them.

Np. You should know that there's 4 at Club LOL you can switch with. And then there's...
4 Brewster gyroids that he gives you as a reward for being a good worker at his cafe

Seigyoku

If I went into a shop and the shopkeeper greeted me in exactly the same way and said the exact same things every time I went in there I would stop going. They also don't grab you and force you to stay still and listen to them while they talk. I could just walk out of the store when they said "GOOD-BYE THANKS FOR COMING" or whatever and not have to stop, turn around, and listen.

Besides all that stuff though, there's no way you are seriously comparing Animal Crossing to real life.

You all do know that Japanese shopkeepers and staff ALWAYS say "Irasshaimase!" when you enter a shop right? Heck, at Book-off (a chain of Japanese used bookstores) even at their US shops they do this. It's like a cascading chorus. First couple of times in there you are like WTF, since it is every time someone comes in, then you learn to tune it out.

(They also say "Arigatou gozaimashita!" when you leave.)

I've always figured the text when I walk is just based on that. The fact they do NOT talk to me when I enter stores in other towns is kinda creepy...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You need to talk to Lyle at Nook's Homes. Once you've received your Gold Model Home (150k), you're done with Interior rewards. Move on to Exterior by talking to Lyle.

If you haven't gotten your gold model home, you need to drop your exterior challenge by talking to Lyle.

I hope people who doesn't KNOW about this WILL READ this.

I know that, and received my gold home (at the same time as my gold trophy), spoke to lyle the same day and he said 'blah blah BANG. 183000'. That was it. Spoke to him again today (thinking maybe he'll just turn up the next day like tortimer etc). Nope, just 'sneaky BOOM 6am, 169,000'.

nothing.

Philia

I know that, and received my gold home (at the same time as my gold trophy), spoke to lyle the same day and he said 'blah blah BANG. 183000'. That was it. Spoke to him again today (thinking maybe he'll just turn up the next day like tortimer etc). Nope, just 'sneaky BOOM 6am, 169,000'.

nothing.

Oh you haven't fully paid off your house have you? Yeah, sorry for the mix up, the exterior challenge starts when you fully expand/space out your house.

matt360

Has anyone else been having connection problems when hosting or visiting other towns online? For me it works flawlessly about 50% of the time, but the other 50% I get all kinds of error messages. Sometimes the Rosetti error, sometimes just an error screen with a number, and other times the monkey station worker just says "Oops, something went wrong."

My eShop and best friend messaging work just fine, as do my computer and all other devices connected via wifi. Any idea what this is?

Philia

Has anyone else been having connection problems when hosting or visiting other towns online? For me it works flawlessly about 50% of the time, but the other 50% I get all kinds of error messages. Sometimes the Rosetti error, sometimes just an error screen with a number, and other times the monkey station worker just says "Oops, something went wrong."

My eShop and best friend messaging work just fine, as do my computer and all other devices connected via wifi. Any idea what this is?

"Something's not working" is when two people trying to connect to a host at the same time.

Resetti's DCD (disconnected) errors are when someone's wifi is shitty enough to drop. It can range in a lot of issues. Mainly inference from fridge/another floor/too many walls. Even a cable box that streams music or videos can interfere with a good connection. :T D/ling something heavy on your phone and been using as a wifi signal? Yeah, that'll do it too.

I also heard there's broadband limits too in UK or in some areas that spikes in the morning or in the evening. If you feel that you're the one that getting DCD more than anyone, its probably wise to warn them to save when you are present.

MicH

I actually sold my turnips in vehn's town on my iPhones WiFi hotspot. No problems :D I did have a full 5-bar signal though

I also got my golden house today!

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I need only 5 more fossils:

Both Mammoth
Fossilised Fern
Diplo Neck
Peking Man

I have:

Amber
Dinosaur Track
Diplo Tail
Ichthyo torso
Iguanadon Tail
Plesio Skull
Spino Torso
Spino Tail
Styraco Tail
T. Rex Tail(x2)
Tricera Torso

Also, looking for minimalist furniture and KK Songs.
And I will take Katie if someone needs to drop her off.

PM for KK Details or if you want to trade/give/buy

Just a repost for the new page.

Philia

A gaffer posted that his save data got corrupted. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619256

If this happened to me, I would lose my shit. Come on Nintendo. At least release a patch to allow the game to be backed up. Animal crossing needs to be backed up. I've put so many hours in, I'm actually scared I could lose everything.

Yeah, there's another gaffer, Sats, who had her save corrupted. It is painful to see, hear and learn about just as then too. So that's 3 ACNL players that had lost. There's also several players that had accidentally deleted their towns or did so on purpose. But that wasn't as damaging... as someone who was very well invested into the game.

Yeah, there's another gaffer, Sats, who had her save corrupted. It is painful to see, hear and learn about just as then too. So that's 3 ACNL players that had lost. There's also several players that had accidentally deleted their towns or did so on purpose. But that wasn't as damaging... as someone who was very well invested into the game.

Yeah, Sats's situation was especially heartbreaking for those of us in the pre-OTs and everything. :(

Koomaster

A gaffer posted that his save data got corrupted. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619256

If this happened to me, I would lose my shit. Come on Nintendo. At least release a patch to allow the game to be backed up. Animal crossing needs to be backed up. I've put so many hours in, I'm actually scared I could lose everything.
I don't understand, does this only happen with the digital version or can it happen with retail physical copies as well.

Now I am paranoid. Don't know what I would do if I lost my town and villagers. :(

Nori Chan

So you can't display other people's design in your own shop :\

I went to nintendo's dream town to get some designs but I can't display them. Anyway I can do that or is it not possible?

Koomaster

So you can't display other people's design in your own shop :\

I went to nintendo's dream town to get some designs but I can't display them. Anyway I can do that or is it not possible?
As far as I know, only the person who created the design can display them in your Able Sister's shop.

I don't understand, does this only happen with the digital version or can it happen with retail physical copies as well.

Now I am paranoid. Don't know what I would do if I lost my town and villagers. :(

People are reporting apparent instability with the digital version. This wouldn't be so bad if we could backup our save data, but we can't. But I've also seen posts of people with several crashes or save corruptions of the physical version, so maybe new leaf is just too hot for the 3ds to handle or something.

I can't say for sure.

pulga

Banned
Alright guys Im gonna leave my fossil spreadsheet over here, only need four more! Have about 30+ fossils I need to clear out so Im open to other trades and bells.

Also, here are my Nintendo dupes:

Pikmin
Mushroom Mural
Toad Hat
Coin
Yoshi's Egg
Kart
Fire Bar
Virtual Boy
Triple Bananas

Im looking for:
Samus' Helmet
Link's Tunic
Triforce
Majora's Mask

WEGGLES

I have 3 pieces of gold furniture and already a double.

Do people trade gold stuff? or sell? I have an extra gold bench... :\

Linius

No. 50 flower seeds for the silver watering can, 50 tree saplings for the gold axe.

Seeds. Tree saplings will get you the golden axe... one day.

No time soon for me, since while I bought all the seeds everyday, I'm lackadaisical about the saplings.

I believe it is 50 flowers for watering can, and 50 trees for the axe

Oh see, that's what I'm confusing.

Well guess I'll buy every seed (two a day) and sprout (one a day) he's selling from now on. Gonna take a good while.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No. 50 flower seeds for the silver watering can, 50 tree saplings for the gold axe.

So 50 days after he first opens? But it hasn't been out 50 days in the US or Europe, but people have the gold watering can? Do the store updates sell more trees?

Do you have to plant them or can you just burn them in a big bonfire (sell to retail)? Haven't been buying the saplings because I wanted to focus on my fruit trees

Linius

So 50 days after he first opens? But it hasn't been out 50 days in the US or Europe, but people have the gold watering can? Do the store updates sell more trees?

Do you have to plant them or can you just burn them in a big bonfire (sell to retail)? Haven't been buying the saplings because I wanted to focus on my fruit trees

No, now you're confusing things as well. The golden watering can is something you get after having a perfect town 15 days straight :p

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Some time travel

Philia

Sigh. GOLD watering can is achieved by perfect town for 15 days. Silver is the one that Lief gives you after buying his two seeds in 25 days. Its perfectly normal to get the gold watering can earlier than the silver.

Gold watering can is a gift for having a perfect town for 15 days.

Koomaster

Tanning question.

For people who have gotten a successful tan of any sort; how did you go about it? I know it isn't tanning season in-town yet, but I thought you could tan on the island all the time.

Is there anything special I am supposed to do on the island? I will leave my character standing around for an hour or two and no tan. I am guessing the tan doesn't happen immediately, but even the next day I won't have a tan.

I'm obviously not holding onto an umbrella, no hats or glasses. Wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts.

So what gives, do some characters tan better than others? I feel my character lacks the ability to tan. Am I supposed to be fishing or swimming or something on the island and not just standing around?

Teach me your tanning secrets. :3

Roto13

I am expecting some things in the mail so I might not be able to get that school supply DLC set today to let people catalog this evening. :p (I gave it away last night.)

pariah164

Hey, guys.... When you work at the Roost, do you ever get a villager that's NOT from your village stop in? I just had Pudge walk in, and AFAIK, he's not moved in. I had to dig up the guide just so I knew what to serve him.

Koren

You all do know that Japanese shopkeepers and staff ALWAYS say "Irasshaimase!" when you enter a shop right? Heck, at Book-off (a chain of Japanese used bookstores) even at their US shops they do this. It's like a cascading chorus. First couple of times in there you are like WTF, since it is every time someone comes in, then you learn to tune it out.

(They also say "Arigatou gozaimashita!" when you leave.)

I've always figured the text when I walk is just based on that. The fact they do NOT talk to me when I enter stores in other towns is kinda creepy...
I've yet to see a shop in Japan where I have to maintain B and press A to be able to enter/exit, though. That's the problem, not the text itself...

And I find the Re-Tail seller quite creepy and bothering for following me everywhere ^_^ I'm just looking at items, dammit!

Just got my perfect town today for the first day. Can anyone tell me what I can and can't do to make sure it doesn't revert? Cause I could really use that can.

Can I transplant flowers? Can I upgrade the town hall or make the flower clock (or any other project) without sacrificing the 15-day streak?

Roto13

I've yet to see a shop in Japan where I have to maintain B and press A to be able to enter/exit, though. That's the problem, not the text itself...

And I find the Re-Tail seller quite creepy and bothering for following me everywhere ^_^ I'm just looking at items, dammit!

Sometimes I let her chase me around the store while I giggle flirtatiously and wave to Cyrus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom