• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieZ

Banned
That's a solution, even if, since you can't demolish and build on the same day, you have to do this circa 6 am or let the game run all the night. And I'm wondering if there isn't a mandatory save somewhere in this.
I don't think so. The only mandatory save involves Internet, or the island, right?

PS: Isabelle is up till 6am in the Mayor's Hall?

Bitch is on cocaine, I swear.

Poyunch

I got Tom and I'm going to try my hardest to get rid of him. All I wanted was Rosie, Bob or Lolly; and I got him instead. I even denied him when he was a camper. He will be gone. Count on it.

BowieZ

Banned
So yeah a couple of pics:

My windmill and well overlooking the river and East Street.

BO9WOXlCYAA6AlU.jpg

A map of my town:

BO9XauPCcAAyefT.jpg

I really dig this modern style house design - looks like it has 3 floors lol

BO9XDRaCUAAKYF0.jpg

BO9WiMjCMAAVLX9.jpg

Koren

PS: Isabelle is up till 6am in the Mayor's Hall?

Bitch is on cocaine, I swear.
Don't know, but I don't remember seeing the Mayor's Hall closed. I'm curious about procjects "popping" at 6 am, btw.

Besides, if you have to get the suggestion again, BowieZ suggestion isn't practical :(

Kangi

So yeah a couple of pics:

My windmill and well overlooking the river and East Street.

BO9WOXlCYAA6AlU.jpg

A map of my town:

BO9XauPCcAAyefT.jpg

I really dig this modern style house design - looks like it has 3 floors lol

BO9WiMjCMAAVLX9.jpg

BO9XDRaCUAAKYF0.jpg

Fixed it.

Edit: Okay then fix it yourself several minutes later.

Reached 100 visitors earlier in the day and now have Lloid waiting in the station for donations. Went with the second reconstruction design

Wolfe

Given the way everything else has worked I am just assuming you'll have to get the work recommended again if you demolish something that doesn't remain in the public works list once you've built it.

Although speaking of which someone mentioned that you won't get any new bridge recommendations if you already have 3, I'm workin on Elvis but so far he's only suggested the zen lamp. Hoping I won't have to wait until Ozzie leaves just to get it recommended since there's no way the location for the default bridge will work again given how close his house is >_<

Oxx

Cesar is leaving next week.

He has grown on me recently, but I won't stand in his way. Just need to get rid of Rasher now.

tumblr_mptfemrARN1rf96tno1_400.jpg

Uh oh?

Wolfe

Is there a way that makes them suggest certain things? Mine have requested nothing big.

Aside from things that all villagers can suggest a lot of the public works require a specific personality type to suggest it. For example cranky villagers suggest the zen items (zen lamp/bridge etc), I think smug personality can suggest the egypt stuff like pyramid/sphinx and so on.

Shahadan

Creating a second player rekindled my love for the game
as if it were necessary
Also put an end to my constant bitching about lack of inventory and locker space. Having a second house is a blessing since I always stumble upon wierd/ugly furnitures or ones jarring with my room designs.
And of course, paths designs.
Even catching bugs and fish is ok again!

I'm now 100% certain to do that day one on the next AC.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Infinitely, until your pockets are full or you have too few bells to play (prob 5k minimum).

hmm. played the '5 furniture thing' where you have to buy the 5th thing if you don't buy something first, and now he is just chatting normally. Is there a trick to it?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
hmm. played the '5 furniture thing' where you have to buy the 5th thing if you don't buy something first, and now he is just chatting normally. Is there a trick to it?

Are your pockets full? Sometimes it takes a while to get a game, too.

milkham

That's a solution, even if, since you can't demolish and build on the same day, you have to do this circa 6 am or let the game run all the night. And I'm wondering if there isn't a mandatory save somewhere in this.

If you are in game when the time rolls over from 5:59 to 6:00 am, it will force a save, do a quick screen wipe animation and boom next day in town.

Chopper

I found that if I leave the tent and come straight back in, his chat "resets".

0VWNJcz.jpg

3 weeks of farming for PWPs daily to get this. Ironically I can't build it any more since the spot I had left reserved all this time is now my lily hybrid field. FML.

0VWNJcz.jpg

3 weeks of farming for PWPs daily to get this. Ironically I can't build it any more since the spot I had left reserved all this time is now my lily hybrid field. FML.
Have you ever gotten more than one PWP request a day?

(Also, mgrow your lilies on the beach, unless you mean that it's their permanent home.)

Have you ever gotten more than one PWP request a day?

(Also, mgrow your lilies on the beach, unless you mean that it's their permanent home.)

Nope. People have said they've had more than one PWP a day but I honestly don't believe them. I spent a good couple of hours one day trying to get a second PWP but never got anything.

I've got way too many lilies to put on the beach. Might move a few hybrid fields around and boot the tulips and roses to the beach, but I'm concerned that'll either stop Gulliver spawning, or he'll make some of them disappear when he shows up.

Nope. People have said they've had more than one PWP a day but I honestly don't believe them. I spent a good couple of hours one day trying to get a second PWP but never got anything.

I've got way too many lilies to put on the beach. Might move a few hybrid fields around and boot the tulips and roses to the beach, but I'm concerned that'll either stop Gulliver spawning, or he'll make some of them disappear when he shows up.
You must have a lot of flowers if you're worried about killing Gulliver.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just keep getting people telling me i must be tired. Not even played for an hour. Don't think i've had one works project request from diving/hiding. Maybe i need to do it later in the day when more residents are around

I just keep getting people telling me i must be tired. Not even played for an hour. Don't think i've had one works project request from diving/hiding. Maybe i need to do it later in the day when more residents are around
The "take a break" messages are annoying, but they shouldn't stop the diving trick from working. After you talk to someone and they tell you to stop playing, the next villager you see should try to initiate a conversation.

It's actually better to do it when there are less residents around. The game randomly chooses a villager every few mins that will want to run up to you next, so if you've only got two outside it can only choose between those two.

Quick tip guide for best use of the diving trick:

1: Do a fresh load of your town, this'll reset the dumb "you look tired" message counter.
2: Fill your inventory completely with tools, flowers, shells and bits villagers cannot buy.
3: Do a quick run around your village to see which villagers are around and where.
4 (optional): If you want specific project requests you need to get your PWP from certain villager types. The best way to ensure this is to dig a run of holes around the villager that can give the project you want, making sure to also block any house or building entrances in that run so they cannot move from that area (give them room to move though, otherwise it seems to screw up).
5: Go swimming to the corner of the map (far enough away so you can't see land) and leave your character to sit there for 5 mins. Doesn't matter if you get stung by jellyfish, so just leave it idling.
6: Get back on land, walk in front of villagers until it triggers a run up event and talk to them. Rinse and repeat. It is still luck based so you could end up having to do this for 1-2 hours to get a PWP request. Keep in mind that after a while you'll stop getting any villagers wanting to speak to you, if this happens talk to any of them as they'll want to give the "get some rest" speech.
Sidenote (optional): When trying to get PWPs from a specific villager they will not always want to speak to you every 5 mins, if they don't just go swimming again without talking to them and they'll likely want to speak to you after another 5 mins.

Swimming isn't necessary, so anyone who doesn't have a wetsuit can do this by hiding in a remote corner of the map. The reason it isn't suggested however is if a villager wanders up near you that'll reset their counter, they can't do that if you are far enough into the ocean.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bought a Daruma from Nook. Then I did a favour for a neighbour and got a Giant Daruma as the reward. Funny coincidence.

Today was pretty much just a restful day in my town (which is fine since I'm pretty much done with my major PWP's and pretty much settling into the point of just getting into a daily routine now).

Watched... well.. I really have no idea, but something on the television over at my newest villager Chadder's place:
animal_crossing_new_lfvkxd.jpg

Also chilled on my bench near my fire pit with Rocket and had a few laughs with her:
hni_0096_mpoggxse.jpg

But despite the coffee, I was still exhausted and ended up dozing off there anyway:
hni_0093_mpomixt8.jpg

Also, like I said, my town's pretty much the way I want it now give or take a few things, so I wouldn't mind having a few more people check out my Town of Ooo in the Dream Suite. If you want to give it a whirl, my Dream Address is:
5700-2169-7429

hni_0083_jpgvwbim.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Keaton has moved out. Wonder where my next villager will move in. Will probably have to hid my hybrids on the beach.

Betty

Banned
Also, like I said, my town's pretty much the way I want it now give or take a few things, so I wouldn't mind having a few more people check out my Town of Ooo in the Dream Suite. If you want to give it a whirl, my Dream Address is:
5700-2169-7429

Just checked it out, you've got a lot of unique public projects, and the placement of everything is great. I'd personally keep developing it if it were me, like adding paths or more project etc, but if you're happy with it I'd say it's good as is.

Insaniac

are you kidding me... first time a villager wants to move out I accidentally choose stay. Second time its the one villager i want to keep. Third time, i choose leave, and he decides to stay. Ugh, I'm never going to get a new villager

Just checked it out, you've got a lot of unique public projects, and the placement of everything is great. I'd personally keep developing it if it were me, like adding paths or more project etc, but if you're happy with it I'd say it's good as is.
Hehheh, thanks. :)

And bah, can't be bothered to add paths. Too much effort would just kill the fun factor for me~ ;) I mean, I know I don't have to do it all at once, but I'd still have to create a new character, actually look for a path design I like and then somehow decide on one, wait for my new character to actually have access to the QR machine, and then figure out where I actually want to put them and start plopping them down. Too much work for something that doesn't really bother me that much anyway~ Especially since villagers moving can end up ruining all that work anyway (which is also part of the reason I don't bother with full-blown orchards at all in my town--not worth the effort, especially when villagers can just end up moving in right on top of them anyway. Just trying to have some fruit trees that are in as safe of positions as possible to make sure I don't ever completely lose a fruit is good enough for me).

Although, there are a few more projects I'd like to get if my villagers would actually suggest them (namely, a hammock, a hot spring, and a geyser and maaaaaaybe a windmill, though I'm not sure about actually having the space for all of that with it all still looking good), but I'm not too fussed if I actually get them or not, so I've stopped trying to grind out specific projects at this point and more just let whatever happens, happen now. :D

are you kidding me... first time a villager wants to move out I accidentally choose stay. Second time its the one villager i want to keep. Third time, i choose leave, and he decides to stay. Ugh, I'm never going to get a new villager

I think it's ridiculous that they say they're leaving and then change their mind. Game trolls hardcore sometimes. Was so excited that one of my villagers was leaving and then nope.jpg "I'll miss you too much, blih!". @#^& YOU VELMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom