• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

no shirts, no new catchprhases, just...suggest something people, im leaving myself for like 10 minutes at a time to get stung by jellyfish, then talking to whoever and it's not panning out...should i aim for people who've suggested stuff in the past? ive got one of every type in my village here

no shirts, no new catchprhases, just...suggest something people, im leaving myself for like 10 minutes at a time to get stung by jellyfish, then talking to whoever and it's not panning out...should i aim for people who've suggested stuff in the past? ive got one of every type in my village here

is that the way to force suggestions cause I need new one :( but since I am trying to get that 15 day perfect town I am kinda gun shy about building anything new while I am perfect right now

So I got myself stung by a bee in hopes that someone would give me medicine that I could give to Sally. They did, so I went over to Sally's house. She noticed my swollen face and gave me some medicine to help me feel better.

diving trick was way more effective for me when I stuffed my pockets with bells, no chance to ask for anything or give me anything, but of course they'll still quiz you on whether you prefer spaghetti or mac n cheese

Koomaster

I was working at the Roost and someone from out of town came and ordered a coffee (Savannah). At least she had the decency to give me a part of her order unlike everyone else who I'm just supposed to guess what they want. I completely botched everyone else's order except for Isabelle's.

I'm trying to memorize everyone's order but they're got giving me any chances to. My villagers are rarely in the Roost so I can't talk to them and find out how they like their coffee. And then the game throws me a curveball and tells me to make the coffee of someone from out of town that I don't even know. It's like they expect you to just look up how everyone likes their coffee, but that feels like cheating.
Yeah it's a little difficult, but I guess that is the challenge. Luckily two things...

1) Your pay from Brewster, even if you get every order right only sells for 2,000 bells so it's not as if you are losing out on a lot of money if you screw up orders.

2) It seems every part of an order you get right counts toward reward goals for Brewster. I have seen online for instance that you have to get 'X orders correct' to get say the coffee maker. But I received it before I got that many correct. I think it should really read to get 'X parts of orders correct'. So if I make someone's coffee perfectly, that counts for 3 points (the beans the milk and the sugar). So you can get a maximum of 12 points per barista shift.

So you can quickly advance as a barista even if you screw up an order here and there. Once you figure out your villager's usual orders it won't be a big deal to serve them. So you'll be getting at least two and maybe three customer's orders perfect every day eventually. Four if you can also remember a special character's order. So when the game throws an out of towner at you, it won't be that big of a deal.

It helps to associate a villager with what they drink. Like my villager Moe is sort of an oddball for me. You would think he would drink Blue Mountain since he's a blue cat. But instead he drinks the non blue mountain - Kilimanjaro. Also you'd think being a cat he would like milk, but he doesn't want any milk. It also seems sugar and milk match up for villagers so same amounts of each. So anyway that's how I know what Moe drinks.

I also have two villagers; Bam and PeeWee who drink the exact same thing; which is a Blend with only a little milk/sugar. I just think how they are kind of opposites but are still friends (Blend) and then I think about the little white spots on Bam's head and think of the little bit of milk/sugar.

Anyway, just weird things like that help to remember a villager's favorite coffee.

Philia

Yes!!! Finally caught a Scorpion! :D Can't believe it's taken me 12 days to finally see one in my town!

tumblr_mpui1seGYN1sv9gqko1_400.jpg

Wow congrats! Man I can't wait to NAB me one too. They're SO hard to catch!

Yeah it's a little difficult, but I guess that is the challenge. Luckily two things...

1) Your pay from Brewster, even if you get every order right only sells for 2,000 bells so it's not as if you are losing out on a lot of money if you screw up orders.

2) It seems every part of an order you get right counts toward reward goals for Brewster. I have seen online for instance that you have to get 'X orders correct' to get say the coffee maker. But I received it before I got that many correct. I think it should really read to get 'X parts of orders correct'. So if I make someone's coffee perfectly, that counts for 3 points (the beans the milk and the sugar). So you can get a maximum of 12 points per barista shift.

So you can quickly advance as a barista even if you screw up an order here and there. Once you figure out your villager's usual orders it won't be a big deal to serve them. So you'll be getting at least two and maybe three customer's orders perfect every day eventually. Four if you can also remember a special character's order. So when the game throws an out of towner at you, it won't be that big of a deal.

It helps to associate a villager with what they drink. Like my villager Moe is sort of an oddball for me. You would think he would drink Blue Mountain since he's a blue cat. But instead he drinks the non blue mountain - Kilimanjaro. Also you'd think being a cat he would like milk, but he doesn't want any milk. It also seems sugar and milk match up for villagers so same amounts of each. So anyway that's how I know what Moe drinks.

I also have two villagers; Bam and PeeWee who drink the exact same thing; which is a Blend with only a little milk/sugar. I just think how they are kind of opposites but are still friends (Blend) and then I think about the little white spots on Bam's head and think of the little bit of milk/sugar.

Anyway, just weird things like that help to remember a villager's favorite coffee.
forget trying to memorize things, just make a list. There's way too many to remember. I've had 16 different people come in for coffee so far.

IrishNinja

is that the way to force suggestions cause I need new one :( but since I am trying to get that 15 day perfect town I am kinda gun shy about building anything new while I am perfect right now

some guys here in the thread have done this yeah, at least a few have said they've racked up suggestions! and im only 2 or 3 days into perfect but im mostly building eco friendly stuff

diving trick was way more effective for me when I stuffed my pockets with bells, no chance to ask for anything or give me anything, but of course they'll still quiz you on whether you prefer spaghetti or mac n cheese

oh man i always forget to do this, thanks!

Can someone let me into their town so I can buy an axe? It's been about a week since I've had one and the garden store isn't stocking it and the island hasn't had it either.

4725-8118-8518

rouken

buying furniture for 100k :)

regal armoire
regal vanity
regal clock
regal dresser
regal wall lamp

sleek stereo
sleek closet
sleek sofa

zroid

Banned
So I got myself stung by a bee in hopes that someone would give me medicine that I could give to Sally. They did, so I went over to Sally's house. She noticed my swollen face and gave me some medicine to help me feel better.

well that might be the cutest thing I've ever heard

Garland7G

you can only give them medicine once per day anyways ;)

Can someone let me into their town so I can buy an axe? It's been about a week since I've had one and the garden store isn't stocking it and the island hasn't had it either.

4725-8118-8518
My garden shop has an axe.

Come on over. Just give me two minutes to open.

FC: 0516-7436-2322
Town: Bokoku

Elija2

It's just tricky figuring out what they like in the first place. If a villager is sitting at the Roost you can talk to them and they'll tell you how they like their coffee, but I rarely find a villager in there. And when they're ordering their coffee, they'll either tell you one thing about their favourite coffee or nothing at all. Even if you get their coffee completely wrong, sometimes they still won't tell you anything about how they like it. Also I guess I'm just forgetful of these things. I've gotten Pate's and Isabelle's coffee perfect before, but I've already forgotten what Pate likes.

I think I'll just keep track of how my villagers like their coffee in my 3DS Game Notes. Wow, I actually have a use for Game Notes now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Ok guys, about to open up again. I have all my music laying out, as well as the exotic set, modern wood set, and sleek set. Feel free to catalog whatever you'd like. Anyone I have added already is welcome. I might add some more of you later, but I don't want to fuss with deleting people right now :(

So I'm still playing quite a bit, although I don't post much.

Today I updated my dream town again. I've done this every day since I opened the dream suite. And I got a new dream code address. Anyone know why?

New dream code 4400-2319-4679

If people need friends, my code is in my profile. But only people who respect the flowers, man. Pm me if you do add me, with your friend code.

Elija2

I just spotted Katt running (at a speed slower than my walk speed) through a patch of flowers and then stop running once she was out of the patch. What's her deal?

I wonder if villagers running contributes to grass wear. Hell, sneezing probably wears down the grass somehow.

-GW-

Neo Member
Buying for 30k/cataloging for 15k:

modern wood lamp
modern wood bookcase

Buying for 60k/cataloging for 30k
minimalist bed
minimalist vanity
minimalist wall
minimalist flooring

I'd also be happy to buy any of these individually, just name a reasonable price :)

Man, it feels so good to have a police station around, finally.

Unfortunately, I came up about 130k points short of reaching the highest HHA goal of 1.1 million. I ordered some alpine furniture and got a rustic roof to make up for it, as well as placing a few duplicates around the other rooms.

This better work. My house looks so empty now lol. I want to get my other furniture back in as soon as possible.

Ellix

tumblr_mpt716A5qB1sv666jo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mpt716A5qB1sv666jo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mpt716A5qB1sv666jo4_400.jpg

Here’s the plan, Deirdre: I’ll turn on the internet connection to take care of you-know-who, while you snag the prized specimen!

Lasdrub

Buying for 60k/cataloging for 30k:
modern wood bed
modern wood chest
modern wood lamp
modern wood bookcase

Buying for 60k/cataloging for 30k
minimalist bed
minimalist vanity
minimalist wall
minimalist flooring

I'd also be happy to buy any of these individually, just name a reasonable price :)

I have a modern wood bed and chest. I'll let you catalog them for oranges and lychees. If you don't have those, we can work something else out. My FC is 5343-8278-0224

ohlawd

this is some bs.

How do I get villagers to request new Public Works?

I got my Police Station like a week after I got my Cafe.

SmithnCo

this is some bs.

How do I get villagers to request new Public Works?

I got my Police Station like a week after I got my Cafe.

Fill your inventory with bell bags, go diving for 5-10 mins, talk to a surprised villager. It still might take a while though.

UberTag

yup this is the stalker that followed my Alt to my new XL town
If either you or Ellix want to send Deirdre packing, I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

Question about PWP grinding, if I already got something suggested today can I have anymore suggestions?
Nope... just one per day.

Yesterday, a villager suggested a Yield Sign.
Today, a villager suggested a Caution Sign.
Clearly my villagers are all fixated on being told about danger.
Either that or they want a superhighway so they can drive their non-existent cars.

Ellix

yup this is the stalker that followed my Alt to my new XL town

Interestingly, Deirdre followed me to my town from a StreetPass'd town.

If either you or Ellix want to send Deirdre packing, I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

I currently don't have plans, but I'll keep you in mind if it happens. Right now I really want to get rid of Tammi but I'm not sure how long until she vamooses.

I've had the round street lamp and the fairy tale street lamp suggested over the past couple days, but I still prefer the classic look of the original, oh well

milkham

i got my silver watering can! lief, i won't have horrible nightmares about your face anymore (just kidding, i still will you monster)
tumblr_mpup9cG7yM1qchzjyo1_400.jpg

Gaston started wearing my ryan davis design
tumblr_mpupbhran21qchzjyo1_400.jpg

Roto13

Anyone want to come catalog this Japanese DLC? :p

oBp65Lk.png

My friend code is in my profile. I'm not charging a fee or anything lame like that, but if anyone has a spare cabana dresser, floor, wall, or a spare gold ore, these are the only things I need to totally complete my house, so they wouldn't go astray. But yeah, freeloaders welcome. Please post here if you want to come and don't PM me about it, ok? :p

I'll also have a selection of extra Nintendo items I don't need that anyone can come and grab.

ramyeon

Anyone want to come catalog this Japanese DLC? :p

oBp65Lk.png

My friend code is in my profile. I'm not charging a fee or anything lame like that, but if anyone has a spare cabana dresser, floor, wall, or a spare gold ore, these are the only things I need to totally complete my house, so they wouldn't go astray. But yeah, freeloaders welcome. Please post here if you want to come and don't PM me about it, ok? :p

I'll also have a selection of extra Nintendo items I don't need that anyone can come and grab.
Hey, I'd love to come and catalog it if that's okay! I think I have a spare gold nugget I can bring along.

My FC is 2766-8382-3106!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom