• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland7G

Most of the time, yep.

Got Sahara this morning and she gave me a pile of shit. Got badges for catalogue and stalk market, applied for my last extension (finally), and spent about 3 hours walking around aimlessly planning where to put more flowerbeds and PWPs.

How random is the placement of neighbours? I'm really paranoid about someone moving onto a huge patch of hybrids one day.

Random as hell, and yes they'll move on top of everything you carefully arranged without regard. There is a trick I heard, On the day they are suppose to move in (the fenced area not actual house) create a second character and see where they moved too, if you don't like it reset, delete that char, and make a new one until you like where they are, then log in with your mayor character.

Random as hell, and yes they'll move on top of everything you carefully arranged without regard. There is a trick I heard, On the day they are suppose to move in (the fenced area not actual house) create a second character and see where they moved too, if you don't like it reset, delete that char, and make a new one until you like where they are, then log in with your mayor character.

Yup, it totally works. Used that trick the other day and avoided having Muffy move in right where I wanted the police station. Be warned that unless the villager moving in is set in stone (i.e. from a campsite or another town) it'll also re-roll which character is going to move in on that day too. Although you could also use that to your advantage and reset until you get a good character moving in.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Gah, 9 days after I started the town I finally get my first Redd visit today, and every single one of the paintings were fake.

I'm never going to get the museum shop at this rate!

Chopper

Yup, it totally works. Used that trick the other day and avoided having Muffy move in right where I wanted the police station. Be warned that unless the villager moving in is set in stone (i.e. from a campsite or another town) it'll also re-roll which character is going to move in on that day too. Although you could also use that to your advantage and reset until you get a good character moving in.

This is fantastic news. Should be a better known fact.

I really feel that finding Animal Crossing's little quirks and working with them is all part of the fun.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
stego fossils and t-rex fossils please :)
OK. I'll set those aside.

I could really use the ice cream case and sushi conveyor belt, is there any furniture you are particularly looking for?
I suppose the only things I'm particularly looking for are the four fossils I have left.

However the sets I currently have a small interest in (I'm waiting to full upgrade my house before I really start hunting for them) are the classic and sleek sets. I added another sheet to my spreadsheet to list which pieces I have.

Really I just want the space but I'd rather someone who wants the item gets them rather than selling them to re-tail for tuppence.

UberTag

If anyone is in desperate need of an Uchi villager, or just wants Charlise for some reason let me know and you are welcome to come and get her to move to your town.
Wow, I had no idea Charlise was Uchi until just now. Kept thinking of her as Peppy and wondered why she behaved so different from Carmen despite having the same personality. Now I know.

(And, yeah, I think the St. Patrick's Day bear is great.)

I suppose the only things I'm particularly looking for are the four fossils I have left.

However the sets I currently have a small interest in (I'm waiting to full upgrade my house before I really start hunting for them) are the classic and sleek sets. I added another sheet to my spreadsheet to list which pieces I have.
I've got full Sleek set in my catalogue, but I could only order the lamp and clock for now since I'd already got 8 other items on order. They'll turn up in about 4 hours so I can trade you them then.

If anyone wants Rocket, her house is packed and she's leaving. She's an uchi gorilla who's one of the four "superheroes." If you have an opening and want to ask her to move in, let me know and you can come talk her up.

On a related note, I have to go make sure all my hybrids are tucked away so they don't get crushed if my next villager is random instead of campsite.

Debs

If anyone wants Rocket, her house is packed and she's leaving. She's an uchi gorilla who's one of the four "superheroes." If you have an opening and want to ask her to move in, let me know and you can come talk her up.

Could I come over and talk to her please? :) I can come in about 30 mins if that's ok? Or another time later whichever is best for you :)

Could I come over and talk to her please? :) I can come in about 30 mins if that's ok? Or another time later whichever is best for you :)

30 minutes is fine. :) I'll add you now (mine is in my profile). Just send me a PM when you're ready and I can bring you to her place. (Please ignore the parts of town still under construction.)

UberTag

Ubertag, mich, Ellix, ordered your things for delivery later. (Ellix not everything yet, just the blue things - and modern chair for catalog if you get to it before mich..)
Much appreciated. I've got your stuff already. Will be online around 4pm Eastern to meet up and exchange.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also I can't seem to make KK sing DJ K.K. I tried "DJ K.K." and "D J K.K." but he didn't recognize it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've got full Sleek set in my catalogue, but I could only order the lamp and clock for now since I'd already got 8 other items on order. They'll turn up in about 4 hours so I can trade you them then.
No worries, every little helps.

Besides, I need to a little time to go through my friendlist which need major pruning.

bluehat9

So Sahara came today and she went into my house to re-decorate and told me to wait outside. Then she came out, handed me my old carpet and wallpaper, told me she was done, and I went in and there was just nothing on the walls or floor and all she says is "You are liking my handiwork?"

Wut?

Koren

If you put the superb ones in the flea market you can make darn near 8000 bells. So it's not terrible.
You can sell at really high prices in the flea market, I put a modern wood furniture on sale for 6000 bells (it's more than 5 times its "normal" price), sold it this morning just two days later.

That being said, I still think that just "8000 bells" is close to terrible for beans, especially if you're playing it "normally", that is by talking to animals, memorizing their tastes and succeeding in serving them.

BowieZ

Banned
Is there anything more satisfying than seeing villagers waltzing around singing your town theme? :p

PS I got the flower bed recommended today, hadn't heard of that one. Is it any good?

subtles

Is there anything more satisfying than seeing villagers waltzing around singing your town theme? :p

PS I got the flower bed recommended today, hadn't heard of that one. Is it any good?

I was deeply saddened when I learned a villager that left my town was singing the tune in another town, sadly reminiscing of days gone by.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Anybody got a high turnip price today and willing to let me visit? I'm in so deep on turnips right now haha

What idiot decided animals should be able to build their houses anywhere?

When I built my house, there was no one anywhere near me.

First, this guy built right next door to me.

hni_0055uyl1r.jpg

Then, she built right behind me a few days later.

hni_0056q9lrg.jpg

And finally, I awoke this morning to see this bullshit right outside my front door.

hni_0057c8l7w.jpg

Damn every one of you good-for-nothing animals. There is a huge empty section of my town because no one will go live there. This is pissing me off so much.

UberTag

Speaking of shit sets... I got a cardboard bed, box corner sofa and a box corner. Its amusing enough to keep...

Anyway, I've given up on the HHA thing, I'll now MAXIMIZE my feng shui... o.o' I just wish I had a lucky clover or two.
How is it even possible to maximize the HHA to 1.1 million points?

Could I choose the antique theme and just make every room have the same rococo set? I'm struggling to get my score above 700k.
I bet you the more valuable the sets are, the better the score. I imagine those Princess/Gracie sets will go a LONG WAY. :\ Too bad it won't happen til Fall.
Sorry to hear you've thrown in the towel (albeit temporarily) on the HHA front, Philia.

If it helps at all, I'll throw out there that you can get 48 distinct themed items into each one of your 5 rooms to elevate your score (repeats in the same room won't count) and even things you wouldn't immediately think of like clothing, gyroids and K.K. music can all help to elevate your chosen theme's score.

On the "valuable sets" giving a higher HHA score boost front, my game plan right now is to complete my 5 core trendy-themed furniture sets (Modern, Sleek, Minimalist - and 2 of Polka-Dot/Astro/Stripe) and to then also include the 6 uber expensive DLC items from the Notebook set that roto13 hooked us up with last night in EACH of my rooms - as they're Trendy-themed. Padding the rest of the 48 spots with lucky critters and other Trendy items - completing sets where possible. (i.e. I'll try and have all 3 electric guitars in each of my rooms tailored to the theme in play).

The above approach can be utilized with any theme out there. I'm thinking 1.1 million is certainly achievable without Gracie. Although it may be easier with certain themes than others. If I hit a dead end with Trendy, I'll probably switch over to Hobby and throw a bunch of Nintendo items and balloon furniture in there.

You probably don't remember earlier how I was saying the only villager I could possibly think of sparing was Doc? Well today Doc gives me his pic. I think he knows what I was up to and is now guilting me.

zroid

Banned
So Sahara came today and she went into my house to re-decorate and told me to wait outside. Then she came out, handed me my old carpet and wallpaper, told me she was done, and I went in and there was just nothing on the walls or floor and all she says is "You are liking my handiwork?"

Wut?

Well that's not possible because there always needs to be something on the wall and floor. Unless you mean she replaced them with a common wall and floor, LOL. That would be really sad...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What idiot decided animals should be able to build their houses anywhere?

do animals put houses over tiles? could you block off areas using tiles to encourage them to set up house elsewhere?

edit: started HHA theme challenge. Chose rustic as I already have full alpine, green and modern wood sets, and nearly have a full blue set. Will then look out for plant and bonsai sets and whatever else is needed.

how much does the exterior affect things? You're basically at the mercy of Nook to get in the right items each day on that right?
l

BowieZ

Banned
So I caved and had a look at a list of all the possible public works (wow, way more than I thought), and the personalities required to have them suggested.

So I went through my list of villagers and found that I have a pretty good mix of all the personality types:

Peppy: Ruby
Lazy: Joey & Clyde
Normal: Rhonda
Snooty: Queenie
Uchi: Paula
Jock: Leonardo
Smug: Marshal
Cranky: Wart Jr. & Lobo

Is it normal to luck out with a pretty good mix like that?

zroid

Banned
Bit of a shame you got stuck with two lazy villagers tho. They live up to their reputation, because the PWPs they suggest are generally crap. Hammock is alright.

Smug, Snooty, and Jock are the best in my experience.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
OK. I'll set those aside.

Really I just want the space but I'd rather someone who wants the item gets them rather than selling them to re-tail for tuppence.

I have a spare raptor skull you can have. Don't have anything else on your list though.

BowieZ

Banned
Bit of a shame you got stuck with two lazy villagers tho. They live up to their reputation, because the PWPs they suggest are generally crap. Hammock is alright.
Yeah "best" ones seem to be the camping cot or hammock, jungle gym (as per main game art), sandbox, and water pump.

Could make for a great little playground park kinda area.

Philia

Sorry to hear you've thrown in the towel (albeit temporarily) on the HHA front, Philia.

The above approach can be utilized with any theme out there. I'm thinking 1.1 million is certainly achievable without Gracie. Although it may be easier with certain themes than others.

Dude. Fairy Tale theme is pretty fucked right now. Lovely isn't complete because of the damn phone being an August item.

Only 3 other sets that are viable for this theme is Rococo, Regal, and Mermaid. Fifth, I had to retort to Patchwork. I had my patchwork stuffed with other FT crap. Betty here just tried every room with Rococo. That shit didn't work either. 700k on her end and 660k on mine. NOPE. Also do remember that Lyle will penalize you for stuffing stuff around stuff that won't be accessible... if you're doing the hoarder type of room. -100 points each. That tip is at the very bottom of this page.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/happy-home-academy/

Velcro Fly

I built this ugly rock for Ricky and it is hideous. I think I'm going to demolish it because I stupidly put it right in the middle of an area where I want to plant fruit trees. If I demolish it can I rebuild it somewhere else? Or is the suggestion gone? I know another villager suggested something for me to build but I've been inactive lately. I haven't even gone in the Cafe yet and I always manage to forget about going to Club LOL.

Made about 4 million in turnips earlier this week after tip. Been steadily building my mansion since. Getting some decent items from fortune cookies too. Have a full Varia Suit and only need Hero's Tunic to complete that. Got the SMB style floor but not the wall. Got a few more fruit items for my fruit room. Just been buying everything I can to catalog it.

Axel moves in tomorrow. I swear my villagers all live in the exact same area. I'm going to take a screenshot of the map once he moves in to show how 7 villagers and me have all built homes in the same corner of the map.

I think I'm going to work on paths a little bit today. I know I want one from my dock to my Re-Tail shop. There is a tree in the way but I have several axes that are at 100% so that won't be an issue.

Tomorrow is a month since I started my town. Definitely will be around 50 hours played in that time. Game is living up to the hype for me.

BowieZ

Banned
A couple pictures I found of the water pump, gym and sand box. For some reason I really like the jungle gym.

tumblr_mmfxnm7vlA1s0ohnpo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mj4lw0isQs1rkcsqpo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mh1bi2CyyB1s0ohnpo1_250.jpg

bonus: I thought this was clever:

tumblr_mpmo0oirvf1so673to1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom