• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketobear

Neo Member
Sorry for the long post, but anyone wanna trade fossils?

I need:
Fern Fossil
Diplo Skull
Diplo Tail
Parasaur Skull
Parasaur Torso
Ptera Right Wing
Spino Tail

I have:
Trilobite x4
Dimetrodon Torso x4
Raptor Torso x2
Ptera Skull
Dimetrodon Tail x2
Pachy Skull
Plesio Skull
Apato Tail x2
Ichthyo Skull x2
Peking Man x2
Ptera Left Wing x3
Pachy Torso x3
Sabertooth Torso
Ankylo Skull x3
Coprolite x2
Parasaur Tail x2
Ankylo Torso x2
Archaeopteryx x2
Iguanodon Skull x2
Stego Skull
Spino Skull
Spino Torso
Ptera Skull x2
Iguanodon Tail
Styraco Torso
Dimetrodon Torso
Plesio Neck
Mammoth Torso
Styraco Tail
Tricera Skull x3

Roto13

That's the exact reason I'll never carefully curate my town with paths and things. :p

I got my mannequin from Labelle yesterday and now she's super friendly to me. I like that you can befriend all of the Able sisters.

But instantly there was trouble in paradise :
tumblr_mpvtwt4KsH1svlgkbo1_400.jpg
And this, fellow AC Gaf members, is why you ALWAYS use the new save trick to avoid crappy house placement when a villager is due to move in.

I got my mannequin from Labelle yesterday and now she's super friendly to me. I like that you can befriend all of the Able sisters.
Can I ask how? The requirements for Labelle's mannequin are still a mystery, some people saying buy 31 accessories total, others that you need to buy accessories for 31 days straight.

Levi

Banned
1. Complete the SET as possible. Wall/flooring included.

Thanks! I'll have to start fossil trading if there are any miniature fossils that belong to the Science theme. (Chose that because No way am I giving up my Space room!) I have a Space room and a complete Astro set, complete Sleek set, and 11 pieces from the robot set. I have a Feng Shui room. Even with all that... 380K. ;_; Which fishes besides the Napoleon will get me bonus points at the moment?

Changing the subject, can Black Rose x Black Rose spawn Red+? Or did my villagers try to trick me?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just been taken seriously by surprise, I was messing around adding music to my stereo and suddenly had Nana asking if I was in. She ended up coming into my house as she was "walking past while on an errand", gave me a garden gnome and then left the next time I went between rooms.

So odd, I've never seen that event in any AC game before.

slightly forward perhaps, but do you need a garden gnome? Its one of two things that'd complete my garden theme (the other being a sprinkler). would be up for buying it off you or I could order you anything I have in my catalogue? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsOiUIfkczM6dGFReGxtVVJXdDk4MjZjWklEY3B4RGc&usp=sharing

Unicorn

Oh no. :( That really sucks.
Turns out he also didn't do any research before picking a place to park his house.

I think it will all work out though. Just means I'll now have Groucho as a centerpiece to that particular part of the botanical garden.

I can't look at this thread for a while. I lost my 140 hour save file :(
Wtffffffff digital or physical? Any rhyme or reason to your loss?

Philia

Thanks! I'll have to start fossil trading if there are any miniature fossils that belong to the Science theme. (Chose that because No way am I giving up my Space room!) I have a Space room and a complete Astro set, complete Sleek set, and 11 pieces from the robot set. I have a Feng Shui room. Even with all that... 380K. ;_; Which fishes besides the Napoleon will get me bonus points at the moment?

Changing the subject, can Black Rose x Black Rose spawn Red+? Or did my villagers try to trick me?

Hybrids will spawn their own parents so this is normal.

But yes, if you're doing the theme challenge you need to have ALL the other rooms except the basement with the Science theme... easier said than done for sure. :T

Roto13

Can I ask how? The requirements for Labelle's mannequin are still a mystery, some people saying buy 31 accessories total, others that you need to buy accessories for 31 days straight.

I don't even know. I started playing day 1 and only got it yesterday despite completely buying out her store for weeks.

I'd say "maybe only face accessories count" but I should have bought a lot more than 31 of them before yesterday.

What's this about the new save trick now?
Well the word new shouldn't be there, not sure why I typed it since it isn't exactly new.

Everything is assigned the first time you load your save each day, however if you use an existing character everything is set in stone no matter how many times you reset. During the new character setup if you reset before the first hard save, nothing stays.

Basically before doing anything else on your first boot of the day, start a new character and use that to inspect your town. If you don't like the villager moving in, or the placement is crappy, reset straight away and it'll be completely different the next time you try. If you are happy with it, get your tent put down and speak to Isabelle so the game does a hard save, after that you can quit and delete that character straight away.

You can use this to manipulate everything, I've even seen hybrid flowers that have grown for the day completely change between resets on a new character.

Unicorn

Well the word new shouldn't be there, not sure why I typed it since it isn't exactly new.

Everything is assigned the first time you load your save each day, however if you use an existing character everything is set in stone no matter how many times you reset. During the new character setup if you reset before the first hard save, nothing stays.

Basically before doing anything else on your first boot of the day, start a new character and use that to inspect your town. If you don't like the villager moving in, or the placement is crappy, reset straight away and it'll be completely different the next time you try. If you are happy with it, get your tent put down and speak to Isabelle so the game does a hard save, after that you can quit and delete that character straight away.

You can use this to manipulate everything, I've even seen hybrid flowers that have grown for the day completely change between resets on a new character.
Daaaamn this is too good. Wish I knew :(

Philia

Interesting... PITA method but good to know as a last retort.

anyone else feeling too lazy to do the work?

I got two tasks go get a Giant Stag and go to another town and get 6 signatures ah hells no I'm feeling lazy screw you guys do it yourself

I am not getting bored of the game but I am starting to feel pretty lazy about everyday tasks maybe I just play a few hours a day from now on until I reach my next milestones

Gvaz

Banned
Wtffffffff digital or physical? Any rhyme or reason to your loss?

Digital

Ouch, was it the SD Card version or game card?

Digital

SD card went bottoms up randomly. I emailed support and they just offered sympathies and forwarded my email to those who'd make the decision to not allow or allow backups of animal crossing saves. Which if that was the case, I wouldn't have lost everything.

Unicorn

Anyone have a handful of yellow hibiscus starts? I have a few silver axes (guaranteed stump designs and longer chopping life).

slightly forward perhaps, but do you need a garden gnome? Its one of two things that'd complete my garden theme (the other being a sprinkler). would be up for buying it off you or I could order you anything I have in my catalogue? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsOiUIfkczM6dGFReGxtVVJXdDk4MjZjWklEY3B4RGc&usp=sharing

Good timing, I was just about to dump it at Re-tail. Looking at your list I could really use a Kotatsu, or just generally any Japanese themed item you might have on hand that I could catalogue.

Wish I could order you a sprinkler since I got one ages ago, but I sold it immediately not expecting to be unable to reorder it.

Unicorn

Digital

Digital

SD card went bottoms up randomly. I emailed support and they just offered sympathies and forwarded my email to those who'd make the decision to not allow or allow backups of animal crossing saves. Which if that was the case, I wouldn't have lost everything.
Not allowing backups is like the epitome of why DRM only hurts the consumer. Granted this isn't really DRM but it's still hurting more than helping.

Despera

Banned

Will make sure to keep this in mind.

And FINALLY!! I'm getting my copy of the game today :'D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Good timing, I was just about to dump it at Re-tail. Looking at your list I could really use a Kotatsu, or just generally any Japanese themed item you might have on hand that I could catalogue.

Wish I could order you a sprinkler since I got one ages ago, but I sold it immediately not expecting to be unable to reorder it.

can definitely order that for you, would be here tomorrow now, just missed the evening post

Levi

Banned
So.. the only furniture set that fits my theme that I'm missing is Sloppy.

I guess I didn't need a gold exterior anyway. :_:

Wolfe

So apparently Twiggy is moving out (awesome XD), if anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I'll keep you updated once the final day approaches.

SmithnCo

Digital

Digital

:/ That sucks. I don't see why they can't allow backups even if they only work on the 3DS that made them. I guess they're scared of people duping items.

At some point if it gets cheaper, I'll probably buy the physical version of the game and transfer most of my catalog over in case my SD card craps out.

Gvaz

Banned
:/ That sucks. I don't see why they can't allow backups even if they only work on the 3DS that made them. I guess they're scared of people duping items.

At some point if it gets cheaper, I'll probably buy the physical version of the game and transfer most of my catalog over in case my SD card craps out.

Game saves only go FROM the physical to the SD card, and only if you have both physical and digital copies. Also the physical copy gets wiped out. You can't backup to the physical copy.

SmithnCo

Game saves only go FROM the physical to the SD card, and only if you have both physical and digital copies. Also the physical copy gets wiped out. You can't backup to the physical copy.

I mean I will have another town on the physical copy, then catalog all my sets and good items in that game. So if my SD game ever dies I'll at least have all my catalog items in the different town. (I have access to more than one 3DS so I could visit myself)

Plus I've been thinking that it would be cool to have another town to theme. Only when the game gets a bit cheaper or goes on sale though.

llamarawk

Hey, so I got signatures for Club LOL on Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember) Shrunk said he'd gave it done in unstated amount of time, still hasn't opened. Anyone know when it should open for me?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If a save game from my town wants to move to another 3DS and start over as mayor, do they get to keep their house and 'relationship unlocks'? I think they already keep their money and storage inventory, but will they need to spend another 7.5m (and 2 weeks or so) expanding their house, and talking to sable etc to unlock the QR machine?

anyone? considering buying another 3DS and moving a save across to it, but if it resets too much stuff it'll be a PITA so we might not bother.

Wolfe

I prolly wouldn't get too bummed if I had an issue like losing my save. Not to say it doesn't suck and I understand stopping over something like that, I guess getting to pick a new town layout and getting all new villagers seems like it might be enough to keep me still playing.

anyone? considering buying another 3DS and moving a save across to it, but if it resets too much stuff it'll be a PITA so we might not bother.

No idea, maybe check with someone that has the guide?

Hey, so I got signatures for Club LOL on Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember) Shrunk said he'd gave it done in unstated amount of time, still hasn't opened. Anyone know when it should open for me?

The Club has 5 days of construction before it opens. It should open next Monday or Tuesday

Busaiku

So if I set the Beautiful Ordinance, will all of my flowers be watered?
Or do I still have to water most of them?

I've got at least 150 flowers.

Philia

No. Beautiful Town basically keeps them alive from wilting. And yes, you'll need to water them if you wish for them to breed and spawn hybrids or whatever.

SmithnCo

They won't wilt, but they won't be "watered" and shiny either. You'll still have to water the ones you want to breed for hyrbids.

Stat!

Also, my town has been open for about 15 days but I've never seen Gracie. Is that normal?

Also, looking for exotic, modern wood, modern and green furniture to catalog. Willing to pay bells or nintendo items!

MicH

Good day today, though my hybrids have seemingly stopped spawning :( I keep getting red* roses though. Currently have 5.

Hit the ore rock today and got a gold ore AND my daily ore rock gave me another gold ore. Yay!

tumblr_mpvzyzlR1X1svgayqo1_400.jpg

One more to get my second piece of gold furniture

Picked a FOUR LEAF CLOVER TODAY :O

I put it in one of my rooms. Will this actively increase my luck or is there something I need to do with it?

tumblr_mpw002Uq3u1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I feel lucky today!

AND most importantly - after two days of not getting a single PWP, Gayle finally came through and suggested this BEAUTY

tumblr_mpw014ZyWl1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I LOVE this one!

Yay! I'm a bit disappointed that it won't fit with my 2 spaces wide paths, though. So I put it in my flower garden (soon to be bamboo / hot spring / Japanese) pathway to my house ONCE WENDY MOVES OUT)

Pete is my special visitor again, though. This happens WAY too frequently

Also, my town has been open for about 15 days but I've never seen Gracie. Is that normal?

Also, looking for exotic, modern wood, modern and green furniture to catalog. Willing to pay bells or nintendo items!

Gracie doesn't show up until the TIY is open--which is 21 days after the Super T&T. You've got plenty of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom