• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

So I need a few pieces of furniture. I desperately need the Modern desk. If anyone has it (preferable on hand, so I can catalog it straight away), please let me know.

I also need the following Classic items:

Buffet
Chair
Desk
Sofa
Vanity
Wardrobe

If you have it (or can order it), please let me know.

I can let you catalog any of my sets. I have the complete sets of Modern Wood, Rococo, Sleek, Polka-Dot and Minimalist on hand. I can order the complete Alpine set as well.

I can also pay for you to order it for me - or pay for me to catalog it. Thanks!

I have everything on your list but the Wardrobe and desk. I would definitely be up for a catalog.

UberTag

On another note, Katie decided to hang out in my village for the past 9 hours while I was at work despite a raging thunderstorm and no umbrella.
I could use a taker for her now. Poor Katie is waterlogged.

I do this trick whenever I see someone at Re-Tail and it almost never fails.

Yup, all my duplicate fossils go to Re-Tail for 9000 bells apiece since I'd rather fill the museum myself. And all of them sell. My villagers' houses look pretty strange now with random dino body parts on display but it's easy money.

The prima e guide is kind of essential here to filter based on theme. The book is seemingly random (not even alphabetical)

Yeah, I like the free e-guide too. The checklist feature in the book is completely indispensable but, I agree, that series/themes/sets aside, they're attempts to group items together is kind of baffling. And it's missing pictures of exterior options. But I'm still really happy with it.

rbanke

So I've been playing this here and there for a few weeks and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. This is the first AC game I've played & I like the game, but I find the vast majority of activities to be mind numbingly boring. All I do is think to myself how annoying all the various things I do in the game are, yet I still play it for some reason lol. I do have a few questions though.

-Everytime someone tells me they want to do something later I always tell them no, what negatives will come from this?

-I don't have much interest in the different projects I can build because they all seem pointless. I've built 3 bridges and a couple of things that villagers requested but thats about it. Are there more interesting things to build down the road? Do I have to build things like bells & rocks & lamps to get to something more interesting?

-I found out that the nook store will get bigger if I buy stuff, but the only thing I ever want from there is fortune cookies and it seems like that doesn't count. Would it be smart to just buy all the junk he has and sell it to the recycler?

This game is definitely weird to me. The majority of things that there are to do in the game I find to be very boring, but I still play it almost once a day so there has to be something to it.

Philia

I'm now available to travel.

Good lord. Now I don't know the exact figures but I know I had 14 million and some change, I just rounded up to keep 10 mil in the bank and spent the rest on turnips at 91 bells. Thankfully my house/museum and my locker is large enough to store all of these so far. :) Without the remaining furniture and gyroids I have at the museum, I dare say 5 million bells worth of turnips is doable at keeping in these areas. It just tedious as fuck hauling back and forth lol.

What I'll do is just sell here and there until I get lucky with a friend that can give me a hour's worth of traveling back and forth.

Two questions I'm hoping someone knows the answer to:

1: For anyone that has scouted a villager from another town or used the campsite to hit 10, then had one move out, have you had another random villager move in or does that 10th one always have be from a campsite/another town?

2: How close can bushes be placed to trees or the stone paving outside of buildings such as the town hall?

Elija2

This along with the fact that a villager will buy anything with a 25% mark up on the item. Someone said their purchase limit is 10k... but...

They'll buy anything as long as it's less than 4x the suggested price. So if the suggested price for something is 2,000 bells, you could put it up for sale for 7,999 bells and they would buy it. The limit might be 10k though.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

1: For anyone that has scouted a villager from another town or used the campsite to hit 10, then had one move out, have you had another random villager move in or does that 10th one always have be from a campsite/another town?

2: How close can bushes be placed to trees or the stone paving outside of buildings such as the town hall?

I think it has to be from the campsite or another town. Elise left like 12 days ago and nobody has moved in since.

MicH

Thanks to those who offered to order me Classic items, but seeing as it's been confirmed NOT to beTrendy, I have decided to go with Astro instead.

And I only need these items:

Astro shelf
Astro chair
Astro wall
Astro floor

if anyone can help me with these, please let me know. I can let you catalog the rest of the Astro set (once I get it, have to order it first) or Rococo, Sleek, Modern Wood, Polka-Dot or Minamlist - all complete sets on hand.

Philia

2. You can place a bush right next to the stone pavement. :) I've done this already. Now that's just the stone pavement though, you can't place bushes next to a BUILDING. Retail, town hall, and neighbors, you just can't place it next to it but a space or two away from it is fine.

Linius

Well fun times in Roto's town. He's got the stuff I want with that modern theme. I'm still waiting on my station and townhall but it looks mighty good.

Mich, I'll be coming over later. Taking care of some other stuff now :)

UberTag

My 10th villager has always come from another town despite my campsite screening... however, it hasn't been someone I've voluntarily sought out or scouted.

Chadder came from someone on GAF with a Metal Gear Solid-theme in their village and I just picked up Static from the German girl I exchanged FCs with at Club Tortimer. In neither instance did I recruit them on their moving day.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks to those who offered to order me Classic items, but seeing as it's been confirmed NOT to beTrendy, I have decided to go with Astro instead.

Astro shelf
Astro chair
Astro wall
Astro floor

if anyone can help me with these, please let me know. I can let you catalog the rest of the Astro set (once I get it, have to order it first) or Rococo, Sleek, Modern Wood, Polka-Dot or Minamlist - all complete sets on hand.

I ordered the classic stuff already :p no big deal though. Astro wise I have the chair handy, but the rest are in my catalog I'm afraid. It'd take a bit since I just ordered like 10+ songs.

milkham

Astro shelf
Astro chair
Astro wall
Astro floor

i've got those astros mich

celebi23

Astro shelf
Astro chair
Astro wall
Astro floor

I have an Astro Shelf. Just shoot me a PM with your FC & town name and I can hop on over and drop it off

MicH

i've got those astros mich
Awesome!! Can I come over an catalog it?

I ordered the classic stuff already :p no big deal though. Astro wise I have the chair handy, but the rest are in my catalog I'm afraid. It'd take a bit since I just ordered like 10+ songs.
No problem, I will pay you for your inconvenience :/ It seems Milkham has everything I need, so no need to order the Astro stuff :D Thanks

UberTag

Seems like we all responded to MicH at the same time.
Just PMed him to let him know I have the Shelf, Chair and Wall.
Don't need to order them, either. Got them in my pockets right now.

milkham

Thank you everyone. It seems Milkham will take care of me <3

What would you like in return? :D I'll be there in a minute

i think i have all those sets you mentioned catalogued already so... nothing! unless you have a spare virtua boy

I picked up a couple of giant clam shells on the beach today. If I make a music box with one, does that mean I have to reorder another copy of the song if I want it elsewhere in the house or does Cyrus just copy the song and give it back to me? (I'm guessing it's the former.)

Philia

I picked up a couple of giant clam shells on the beach today. If I make a music box with one, does that mean I have to reorder another copy of the song if I want it elsewhere in the house or does Cyrus just copy the song and give it back to me? (I'm guessing it's the former.)

Yep former. Its attached to it, hence the "music box".

Koomaster

They'll buy anything as long as it's less than 4x the suggested price. So if the suggested price for something is 2,000 bells, you could put it up for sale for 7,999 bells and they would buy it. The limit might be 10k though.
Yeah I have been doing this with the Superb Coffee Beans I get from Brewster. Why sell for 2,000 bells when I can make more. I do give my villagers a break and only set the price to 7,500.

There is definitely a limit though. After Roto let me catalog the Campus DLC, I bought all the pieces (at 24k bells a piece) so another friend of mine could catalog it too. After that was over I put all the pieces for sale at ReTail to make my money back and my neighbors wouldn't bite till I dropped the prices on each piece to under 10,000 bells. I think I sold things for around 8,500-9,000 a piece to get everything sold.

Someone should test and see if you can get neighbors to buy Turnips at ReTail for inflated prices as well; though you'd probably have to sell in stacks of 10/20 and would take forever. That's probably why there is a limit to prevent a neighbor buying a full stack of turnips for 500k bells or something.

Hoarr

Neo Member
A couple of shirts I made, if any of you out there are KISS fans:

tumblr_mpxywxXplY1rg6iiuo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mpxywxXplY1rg6iiuo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mpxywxXplY1rg6iiuo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mpxywxXplY1rg6iiuo6_400.jpg

tumblr_mpxzezgCEA1rg6iiuo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mpxzezgCEA1rg6iiuo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mpxzezgCEA1rg6iiuo3_400.jpg

tumblr_mpxzezgCEA1rg6iiuo4_400.jpg

I think it has to be from the campsite or another town. Elise left like 12 days ago and nobody has moved in since.

My 10th villager has always come from another town despite my campsite screening... however, it hasn't been someone I've voluntarily sought out or scouted.

Chadder came from someone on GAF with a Metal Gear Solid-theme in their village and I just picked up Static from the German girl I exchanged FCs with at Club Tortimer. In neither instance did I recruit them on their moving day.

Cool, that is good to hear. I really didn't feel like having to do the reset trick every morning now I'm down to 9 again just in case a random villager shows up. Really need to get on and build the campsite one of these days.

Roto13

My rooms aren't trendy and I like my house too much to change anything.

I need to see what themes Minimalist, Modern, Sleek, Gold, and Cabana fall under.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
ok so i've got for trade
3v7npu4.jpg

2 firebars
2 wii fits
1 triple shells
2 peach parasols
2 hero pants
1 samus helmet
2 varia shoes
1 metroid
1 red pikmin
1 midna's helmet
1 toad hat
1 bad bro's stache
like, 7 silver slingshots, (free for anyone who wants one)

just looking for nintendo items i don't have, in particular the virtualboy, and anything weird i haven't seen yet, songs

here's what i have already
f6ktfiW.jpg
3lqOhEW.jpg
RdiKPfw.jpg

Hey I'd love to get those fire bars. How does 20k bells sound for both?

celebi23

hey, so, I really need to make room. I'm making one more offer here and then I'm just going to sell them

Fossils (Bells for these would be nice)
Megacero Torso (x2)
Stego Torso (x2)
Megacero Torso
T. Rex Skull
T. Rex Tail
Igunodon Skull
Dimetrodon Torso

If you're interested, just shoot me a PM with the item(s) names in the subject line and include your FC & Town Name as well. My FC is 4699-6104-8768. If you have any extra Cabana stuff that isn't the Radio, Table, Bookcase, Screen, Bed, Vanity, Chair or Lamp I'll take any of those as well :D If you have an extra pair of flip-flops from the Island Gift Shop, I'll take that too :D

Stat!

It's just a hat. If you like it, buy it. Personally I think the royal crown looks awful compared to the cheaper small crown.

Alright. I just like my aviators for now but I'm slightly nervous when I meet Gracie that I'll fail her check because I like what I'm wearing - not because of my style.

(It's also why I'm kinda meh about the HHA - some of the rewards seem cool but I like my red mailbox - and don't need a
golden one.

Linius

I have

Modern Bed
Modern Cabinet
Modern Chair
Modern Clock
Modern Dresser
Modern End Table
Modern Lamp
Modern Sofa
Modern Table
Modern Wardrobe

Modern Floor

The modern wall and desk are all I'm missing right?

MicH

I have

Modern Bed
Modern Cabinet
Modern Chair
Modern Clock
Modern Dresser
Modern End Table
Modern Lamp
Modern Sofa
Modern Table
Modern Wardrobe

Modern Floor

The modern wall and desk are all I'm missing right?
You already listed the clock, so I guess not. I don't have anything you need as I need to order the desk first.

Linius

You already listed the clock, so I guess not. I don't have anything you need as I need to order the desk first.

Okay, good to know. I'll come get it later this week then.

Would you happen to know what other sets are considered trendy to go along with sleek and modern? Might be good for me to pursue that for my HHA score.

Why are they acting like I don't have a single trendy thing in my house, then?

I'm pretty sure you get points taken off if you have items in the house outside of your theme so if you've got a bunch of stuff that isn't classified as trendy, you're racking up the deductions.

I have a question regarding moving villagers:

If for example Diva tells you she wants to move out and you either tell her to stay or she has a sudden change of heart if you tell her good bye (stupid bitch) is there any chance she will move at a later point in time or am I stuck with this villager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom