• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

What is some good advice for a beginner?

- I shouldn't use fences?
- I should plant different flowers close to each other?
- I should plant a flower at the places I don't want neighbors to move into?

Anyone wanna have me on your friend list? I'm gonna play it every day from now on but I'm new and all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ok, possibly stupid question incoming.

Do flowers remember that you watered them? i.e If I go around in the morning and water all the flowers, but then later on I pull some up and replant somewhere else - do those replanted flowers still count as watered?
I've found it isn't the flowers that remember but the spot. So if you water one flower and then remove it and later put another flower in its place, the new flower will think it has been watered.

- I should plant a flower at the places I don't want neighbors to move into?.
  • The fence public project is useless. Don't bother with it.
  • You put different colours of the same breed of flower together. Red and yellow pansies make orange pansies for example.
  • Neighbours will build on top of flowers. We haven't worked out a sure fire way to prevent them building in certain areas apart from the rocks and public projects.

- I should plant a flower at the places I don't want neighbors to move into?

Anyone wanna have me on your friend list? I'm gonna play it every day from now on but I'm new and all.
1) Fences cause grass deterioration so unless you're okay with that go ahead and build one. They don't really help with hybrids either.

2) Different species or different colors? Different species of flowers close to each other does nothing, but different colors of flowers have a chance of creating hybrids.

3) That won't work. New animals will move over the flowers, trees, etc that is over a spot.

Also...
Could I get help cataloging...

Exotic Series:
-Bed
-Shelf

Rococo:
-Everything

Other:
-Samurai suit

Niraj, I swear I'm not looking in your direction and crying like a lost puppy.
New page bump. ;_;

Should I not bother collecting gyroids? There are like 130 of them, that's almost a complete locker. I have about two dozen of them littering my front lawn but I hate selling items I can't buy back from the catalog.

Also, I have a stretch of beach that can only be reached by wetsuit (it has no ramps and is cut off from my main beach by a waterfal). Suggest something awesome I can do with my VIP beach (other then dumping my gyroids on them).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
1) Fences cause grass deterioration so unless you're okay with that go ahead and build one. They don't really help with hybrids either.

2) Different species or different colors? Different species of flowers close to each other does nothing, but different colors of flowers have a chance of creating hybrids.

3) That won't work. New animals will move over the flowers, trees, etc that is over a spot.

Also...

New page bump. ;_;

Hmm, you didn't get the shelf and bed when you came over the other time? I can def get you those. I could order the Rococo shit for you, but with all this music crap coming in, it'd probably be a few days, so you might be better off asking somebody else.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Should I not bother collecting gyroids? There are like 130 of them, that's almost a complete locker. I have about two dozen of them littering my front lawn but I hate selling items I can't buy back from the catalog.
It's up to you. Most exhibit them in the museum, but be warned, you can only display ~48 objects in a room so they would take up three out of the four rooms.

The other use for them is to customise Club LOL.

And of course you can set them up at home for extra sound effects.

Personally I'm going to only display a selection in one room at my museum for one of each type. I'm just hogging them to see which ones I like the best for Club LOL and my home.

I'm starting to think I'll never have tha Museum second floor. Redd has never showed up in my town ;_;
Afraid I'm off to bed, but I have a spare legit warm painting I can offer.

Hmm, you didn't get the shelf and bed when you came over the other time? I can def get you those. I could order the Rococo shit for you, but with all this music crap coming in, it'd probably be a few days, so you might be better off asking somebody else.

Yeah, I somehow missed those two. Not sure how, I have everything else!

Those two will work, though, you got enough on your plate lol. Thanks!

It's up to you. Most exhibit them in the museum, but be warned, you can only display ~48 objects in a room so they would take up three out of the four rooms.

The other use for them is to customise Club LOL.

And of course you can set them up at home for extra sound effects.

Personally I'm going to only display a selection in one room at my museum for one of each type. I'm just hogging them to see which ones I like the best for Club LOL and my home.

Oh, I didn't even think of using the museum. I'm not using that anyway so this solution is perfect, thanks.

I'm starting to think I'll never have tha Museum second floor. Redd has never showed up in my town ;_;

He seems to take awhile. I've been playing daily for three weeks and he only visited me recently. I was lucky enough that Muffy sold me a painting so I had already donated a piece of art to the museum. My renovation will be finished in the morning!

Also, I have a stretch of beach that can only be reached by wetsuit (it has no ramps and is cut off from my main beach by a waterfal). Suggest something awesome I can do with my VIP beach (other then dumping my gyroids on them).

Sounds like a good place to breed flowers if that's what you're into.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah, I somehow missed those two. Not sure how, I have everything else!

Those two will work, though, you got enough on your plate lol. Thanks!

If you're free now, I can open up for a couple minutes and get you those. I'm going to be eating dinner very shortly though.

watershed

Banned
I've got a question of Animal Crossing veterans, what happens when I don't play for a while and then start up again? I've been really busy lately so I haven't had time to play. I'm afraid when I start up again my rating will be super low, my neighbors will all be gone, and all my flowers will be dead. Is that about accurate?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bury a skeleton there.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I've got a question of Animal Crossing veterans, what happens when I don't play for a while and then start up again? I've been really busy lately so I haven't had time to play. I'm afraid when I start up again my rating will be super low, my neighbors will all be gone, and all my flowers will be dead. Is that about accurate?

Your neighbors will get mad, weeds will be everywhere. Crime rate will go up. A couple houses will burn to the ground. The usual.

SmithnCo

You will probably have a couple weeds and one or two villagers may have moved. It takes a while for them to move though.

If you don't want a bunch of weeds and dead flowers, use the Beautiful Town ordinance.

Roto13

That's not going to happen after a week or two. Well, except maybe some dead flowers. You have to not play for months for things to go crazy.

Depends on what you mean by a while, but it's not too bad unless you're trying to keep up a perfect town rating. A few weeds to pull and maybe one or two neighbors moved. I time traveled to fall and winter for my review, and weeds were the biggest change. They even made weed pulling a mini-game this time around.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In the GameCube version villagers moved out if you just looked at them funny. In City Folk I played it again after leaving it alone for over a year and all my villagers were still around.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When you buy from the catalog how long does it take to get mailed to you?

orders get delivered at 9am and 5PM. Not sure how quickly they arrive but I've ordered stuff pretty close to 5PM before and it has turned up at 5.

I think normal mail is there from 6AM? So if I have a big order of 9-10 items, I'll usually load my save up at 8AM to check and clear out any normal post, so the delivery from T&T doesn't get blocked up

watershed

Banned
I haven't played in about 3 weeks, maybe a month. I normally try to squeeze in at least half an hour a day but that hasn't been happening lately.

Galactic Fork

22ibYxG.jpg

Why have I never heard of this guy before??? It's a robot frog!
Frogs are already the best animals in the game, and one of them is a robot!
I had to write it a letter demanding it move to my village.

22ibYxG.jpg

not the first game he's been in, but yeah, if I had him in my town, I'd never let him leave

Spin, I'll open up my gates if you want to catalog this samurai suit and the rococo stuff I have. I don't have the bed and wallpaper on me right now though.

Philia

Alright guys. I know its like... LATE and all obviously, but who here got a bonus on Perfect Peach at their Retail... bonus if your native fruit isn't peach... extra bonus if your town ordinance is Bell Boom. :3

G-Pink

22ibYxG.jpg

Yeah, I had Ribbot in Wild World, and he was my ABSOLUTE favourite town member.

So cool.

I finally caught a tarantula just now. Phew. When you show it off its is scary, but its icon in the menu, made me cower like crazy. God I never wanna ever catch one of these again.

Galactic Fork

I finally caught a tarantula just now. Phew. When you show it off its is scary, but its icon in the menu, made me cower like crazy. God I never wanna ever catch one of these again.

The tarantula was easy for me, but that scorpion has been pretty much impossible! Stupid monster bugs.

auroragoryalice

Neo Member
Hey everybody!

I'm looking for people to visit my town and for friends to visit!

Feel free to add me and let me know via PM and I'll add you back!

Thanks!

Roto13

I haven't played in about 3 weeks, maybe a month. I normally try to squeeze in at least half an hour a day but that hasn't been happening lately.

Game's only been out a month. :p Doesn't matter too much, anyway. Not like the town's going to rot away and you'll have to throw it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom