• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlantis

Learned an interesting little tidbit about Pancetti today...

fnFk9Bm.jpg

A secret badass? I had to do a double take.

My new villager is amazing, I love talking to him,

u3rjCBt.jpg

Hqo4sHl.jpg

Fabulous!

KKwF7Z0.jpg

jp3YPUC.jpg

;_;

I convinced Erik to move in at the campsite and have Broccolo moving in tomorrow. They're both Lazy, but I'm not really fond of Broccolo so I guess I'll just ignore him. (LOL @ his catchphrase being "eat it".)

Betty

Banned
Weird.

I got a tenth neighbor from my brother's village, does this mean I won't get the camping villager?

Nope, I have 10 and the campsite is in regular use.

If a camping villager said they were going to come to your town however, then they won't be able to because you have the max amount of villagers.

Crumbtiny

so i just got a Jacob's Ladder. i just randomly found it in my town. i've seen people talking about them here, but was just curious what the big deal about them is.

Betty

Banned
so i just got a Jacob's Ladder. i just randomly found it in my town. i've seen people talking about them here, but was just curious what the big deal about them is.

You only get them if you have a perfect rating from the citizens, and even then it's rare that they'll spawn. Along with blue and gold roses they are probably the rarest flowers to obtain.

Elija2

You only get them if you have a perfect rating from the citizens, and even then it's rare that they'll spawn. Along with blue and gold roses they are probably the rarest flowers to obtain.

Are they really that rare? I currently have 4 of them in my town.

Forkball

Recently, instead of money rocks, I've been getting jewel rocks that spout off five or six jewels. Is this something permanent or do I just have extremely good luck?

Betty

Banned
Recently, instead of money rocks, I've been getting jewel rocks that spout off five or six jewels. Is this something permanent or do I just have extremely good luck?

You need the silver shovel for it to happen and even then it's still based on luck.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Y'know, I went to Mich's town and drop the items off. VsRobot came in and as it was saving the connection was lost. When I went back I saw VsRobot with the exact same items and I assumed he had brought the same things. However he left them behind so I'm wondering if they weren't his to begin with but rather my items clones from the previous session.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So...

1. Visit town
2. Drop items
3. Host Disconnects
4. Turn off Wifi

???
Well if it was a case for item cloning for me yesterday it was

1. Visit town
  2. Drop items
  3. Someone else comes in and triggers the saving (this can be replaced by the host manually saving)
  4. After sitting on that screen for a while the game disconnected

If you read the thread you have to get the timing right. YOu can't just flick the switch wily nilly.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
So...

1. Visit town
2. Drop items
3. Host Disconnects
4. Turn off Wifi

???

Yeah, that's about right. Host sends you home more specifically.

The timing is tricky, though. I was able to test it with someone else using bells. It worked 50%. I think how it works is the host's game has to successfully save, while the visitor gets resetti. In theory it should be possible to duplicate full lockers.

Edit: Video of the dupe timing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RguQqOjh_ZQ

Well if it was a case for item cloning for me yesterday it was

1. Visit town
  2. Drop items
  3. Someone else comes in and triggers the saving (this can be replaced by the host manually saving)
  4. After sitting on that screen for a while the game disconnected

If you read the thread you have to get the timing right. YOu can't just flick the switch wily nilly.

Something like this happened to me last week (unintentionally, of course), but instead of duping my items, my items simply disappeared. =(

The dupe trick will probably be patched. Apparently there was a different method in the Japanese release, and it was fixed before the English release.

Yeah, that's about right. Host sends you home more specifically.

the timing is tricky, though. I was able to test it with someone else using bells. It worked 50%. I think it would be possible to duplicate full lockers. I think how it works is the host's game has to successfully save, while the visitor gets resetti.

Let's see... a locker full of 99,000 bell bags is 10*18*99,000 bells, plus the 16 99,000 bell bags you can carry along with 99,000 bells in the counter.

So, (10*18*99,000) + (17*99,000) = 19,503,000 bells per successful dupe.

You can maximize your bank account in no time!

Incidentally, if you replace each bell bag with a crown you'd make over 3x that amount, which is basically 60 million per successful dupe.

EDIT: 120 million if Re-Tail is having a premium on hats. ._.

Forkball

I don't approve of duping and look down on those who do it. Anyone who dupes money should give me millions of bells. I will absolve you of your sins.

Also the clothing store sold a Korean hanbok today. I'm amazed at the diversity of the clothing. Though for every interesting piece, there are five ugly pattern t-shirts.

I kind of hope it is. Pretty game breaking, really.
Well, at least it's not on the level that the hacking was in previous AC games, but it does take away the specialness of certain items.

I just hope that if they do choose to patch it, they do it quick. Mario Kart 7's online was completely eroded by the time it got fixed. But the fact that New Leaf has a built in update feature makes me feel like they'll fix it soon.

I'm just gonna stick mostly to GAF for online stuff in the near future until it calms down/gets fixed. I don't do a ton of online stuff anyway so I'm not too bothered, but there are some things I need it for.

Wolfe

The tie dye shirts were likely my largest disappointment in that regard given what I expected one to look like.

hiro4

So Nana wants to me to get some signatures from villages from other towns.
Is anyone willing to open up his town for a while so I can drop by and get the signs?

my FC is in my profile and if you want some things like fossils, I might be able to help you with it :)

thanks

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I didn't know Nintendo could send you letter directly. How often does that happen? And why the hell did my mum send me an anatomical model?

Anyway, today I'm mostly looking for the ranch tea table and ranch wardrobe.

The rest of my time will be spent gutting my lovely house to cram it full of rustic junk. Need to remember to take photos of each room to remember my layouts..

Tash

I haven't had the art guy in my town since forever..isn't he supposed to visit every week?
I want to expand my museum and never bothered with art until I realized a few days ago that I need to donate one of each category before it opens up.

He never shows now? I've only seen him like two times since I started playing..is that normal?

Is it possible to have too many trees in the area they normally have the tent so they do not visit any more?

Wolfe

Personally, I don't really care about whether one chooses to dupe or not. Same thing with time-traveling. It's their game.

I feel this is totally fair as well, it's just that personally as it's a game with a large multiplayer component it bums me out a bit. My mind thinks back to shit like Stone of Jordan in Diablo II lol. But yeah in the end it's not directly affecting me unless I do it myself.

So Nana wants to me to get some signatures from villages from other towns.
Is anyone willing to open up his town for a while so I can drop by and get the signs?

my FC is in my profile and if you want some things like fossils, I might be able to help you with it :)

thanks

You're more than welcome to drop by, I've got night owl so everyone should still be up. I'll open the gate up for you just stop by whenever.

Betty

Banned
I haven't had the art guy in my town since forever..isn't he supposed to visit every week?
I want to expand my museum and never bothered with art until I realized a few days ago that I need to donate one of each category before it opens up.

He never shows now? I've only seen him like two times since I started playing..is that normal?

Is it possible to have too many trees in the area they normally have the tent so they do not visit any more?

I've only seen him 3 times, in fact he's in my town today, but it's not uncommon for him to rarely visit.

bs000

I feel this is totally fair as well, it's just that personally as it's a game with a large multiplayer component it bums me out a bit. My mind thinks back to shit like Stone of Jordan in Diablo II lol. But yeah in the end it's not directly affecting me unless I do it myself.

You're more than welcome to drop by, I've got night owl so everyone should still be up. I'll open the gate up for you just stop by whenever.

I need signatures as well. Can I come too? :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think so since one can't plant directly on top of their spawning point and even if one could they probably still spawn and kill anything that was underfoot.

Tash

He's not open yet, but unless he has a dupe I already have, I'll probably keep it for myself :p

Fair enough ;)

I don't think so since one can't plant directly on top of their spawning point and even if one could they probably still spawn and kill anything that was underfoot.

ah good, I was getting a bit worried. Even though I can't remember having planted trees there. It's a total forest all of a sudden..

Forkball

I've had the game since launch and played it every day, but I have seen Redd a grand total of ONE TIME. Surprisingly, one of my villagers sold me a legit piece of artwork out of the blue. That was the only way to open up the second floor of the museum for me. I recommend trying to buy a piece in someone else's town or keep an eye out during villager conversations.

theluma

Getting a surprising amount of streetpasses in Edinburgh Scotland. Kinda funny how exciting it is when it happens lol. But why the fuck can't I order a modern wood lamp out of someone's house!? What is different about it?

Wolfe

Must have customized it, which with modern wood is all still just wood variations, not color like some of the other sets.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Nintendo is also doing the old method of Pete sending DLC. That would explain NoE's tweet claiming he would send the rainbow screen.

Bus stopped just a bit too far from my local Nintendo Zone so I couldn't quickly nab the cap on the way to work. Should have gotten myself to the post office sooner mind.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So Nintendo is also doing the old method of Pete sending DLC. That would explain NoE's tweet claiming he would send the rainbow screen.

Bus stopped just a bit too far from my local Nintendo Zone so I couldn't quickly nab the cap on the way to work. Should have gotten myself to the post office sooner mind.

I have my phone internet sharing set to _thecloud (or whatever it is), so I just go outside the range of my home wifi and download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom