• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have my phone internet sharing set to _thecloud (or whatever it is), so I just go outside the range of my home wifi and download.
While I could easily do it at home, I'm not really going out of my way to do it at my local McD's. Like I said, if I time it right I could theoretically do it from the bus.

I kind of like doing it the proper way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
damn, HHA letter blocking my mail up. Messes up my plan to order a ton of stuff for this afternoon. How dare I earn over 300k without trying!

When does T&T's various shops close? Just saw a jacob's ladder so I want to plop on beautiful town ordinance instead of night owl, but I need to make sure T&T (and sable's) is open until at least 10pm to give me time to buy stuff up after my kids have finished with it

edit: damn! 948k on the theme challenge! and all I did was pull accessories out of the house. I just have two rooms I had before - modern wood and green, plus a few pot plants and some cicadas. Was going to really try tonight! Now i'm worried I'll get a bunch of HHA letters which messes up my order of rustic stuff for tonight :/

Will T&T orders take priority over letters from the HHA, or is it first come first served?

Tash

Hey Red is selling the Calm Painting in my town if you're interested. I already have one so it's up for grabs.

lunch break so I could come over fast :) bit low on bells right now. is 24k enough?
edit: nevermind, wifi at work is still borked :( thanks anyway, though.

kubus

Sooo I was thinking of setting up a Twitter account that would act as a reminder of things happening in Animal Crossing. Villager's birthdays, special events, new catchable bugs (and "last chance this month") , new DLC items that are available, new HHA spotpass, etc. it would just pop out a tweet once or twice a day with a message like "Do you have Croque in your town? Don't forget that today's his birthday!" Or something like that.

Does anyone know if there is something like that already? I was looking for it myself, but couldn't find it. Now that I got the strategy guide, I guess it's pretty easy to set up something like that by myself as most information is already in the book.

Only problem is getting info on various DLC items. I didn't get the slushie machine dlc, but I am in Europe. Is it UK only or something? I would also need a collection of dates of DLC in other territories.

If people think it's a good idea and would like to see this, I'm gonna start setting up an account right away. I was just wondering if there are any DLC schedules available for the Best Buy DLC items, and/or other schedules for other regions? I only have the one for The Netherlands. I'd assume that every country in Europe has a different schedule?

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone else get the bulletin board post about Saturday (or is it Sunday?) being the summer bug festival (or something or other)?

Koren

Yeah well, still looking for a Diplodocus Skull
Got one... It's available for you to pick, opening in a couple of minutes (I think we have already shared FC, but I'll check)

Don't really need anything else in exchange...

Edit : opened. On a second thought, if you can spare the Varia boots, I've been looking for them for quite a long time...

Got one... It's available for you to pick, opening in a couple of minutes (I think we have already shared FC, but I'll check)

Don't really need anything else in exchange...

Edit : opened. On a second thought, if you can spare the Varia boots, I've been looking for them for quite a long time...

Got 2 errors in a row, let me invite you in, ok?

Semajer

Urgh, I got two Hero's Cap today, here's what I have to trade:

Fi Mask 1
Hero's Cap 2
Kart 1
Mushroom Mural 1
Peach's Parasol 2
Pikmin 1
Red Pikmin 1
Super Mushroom 1
Varia Suit 1 (I think colinp is going to trade me his triforce for this if he's around.)

Here's what I'm looking for:

Bill Blaster Fortune Cookie #28
Block Fortune Cookie #17
Coin Fortune Cookie #18
Fire Flower Fortune Cookie #20
Green Shell Fortune Cookie #22
Metroid Fortune Cookie #47
Pipe Fortune Cookie #26
S.S. Dolphin Fortune Cookie #39
Triforce Fortune Cookie #37
Wii Balance Board Fortune Cookie #41

I'm also after pears, peaches, bamboo, and carnations if anyone has any spare.

Time travellers.

Yeah, that's not cool either.

The only time I changed my clock is because I was flying from Taipei to New York, and I wanted to be on proper time. So I lost/gained a day, and didn't use it to exploit or get any items.

It totally ruins the spirit of the game to take advantage of these exploits just because you're an item whore. IMO.

Tash

Urgh, I got two Hero's Cap today, here's what I have to trade:

Fi Mask 1
Hero's Cap 2
Kart 1
Mushroom Mural 1
Peach's Parasol 2
Pikmin 1
Red Pikmin 1
Super Mushroom 1
Varia Suit 1 (I think colinp is going to trade me his triforce for this if he's around.)

Here's what I'm looking for:

Bill Blaster Fortune Cookie #28
Block Fortune Cookie #17
Coin Fortune Cookie #18
Fire Flower Fortune Cookie #20
Green Shell Fortune Cookie #22
Metroid Fortune Cookie #47
Pipe Fortune Cookie #26
S.S. Dolphin Fortune Cookie #39
Triforce Fortune Cookie #37
Wii Balance Board Fortune Cookie #41

I'm also after pears, peaches, bamboo, and carnations if anyone has any spare.

Do you have to trade the cookies?
I got perfect peaches but won't be home at with wifi access for about 4 more hours.
PM me if you want some golden goodies.

Today is the first day I've really started to feel like I'm just going through the daily grind rather than enjoying playing the game. I'm at the point where there is literally nothing to enjoy or look forward to.

My town feels like it is at a complete standstill, I've spent the last week wasting all my PWP slots on demolishing and replacing street lamps rather than being able to build anything and I haven't seen a hybrid flower in close to a week. I've also got no hope of ever putting together a nice house because the Super T&T and Able Sisters stocks the same junk that I already own on a daily basis. I'm hardly even bothering with the Nintendo items either since it's always a damn fire flower, kart or arwing.

Given up on fishing and bug catching as well since everything I'm missing is rare and doesn't show up no matter how long I farm for. And as for PWPs, I've got over half of them now and still only have 4 or 5 that I'd ever put in my town (cheers for the awful hammock suggestion today Tucker).

Betty

Banned
I have two karts..if you do not have one later today I can open up when I am back home :)

Very kind of you to offer but I'm not desperate for it and my home and museum is stuffed to the rafters as is.

Thanks for the offer though!

Semajer

Do you have to trade the cookies?
I got perfect peaches but won't be home at with wifi access for about 4 more hours.
PM me if you want some golden goodies.

No you can trade the items themselves. I just copy and pasted the list of the cookie items, and update it so I know what to look out for.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Anybody got a turnip price yet? This is my first time playing the stalk market and I don't think I will again. I started worrying about it at work!

Koren

Anybody got a turnip price yet? This is my first time playing the stalk market and I don't think I will again. I started worrying about it at work!
You shouldn't worry about that, it's close to impossible to lose money on this, even with a busy schedule, and it's usually quite simple to get 400+.

You won't find "good" prices today, spikes are between tuesday and friday. Just follow the dedicated topic, and you'll find interesting offers on a regular basis.

Got 2 errors in a row, let me invite you in, ok?
Damn, I'm beginning to hate their netcode.

Yesterday evening, I wasn't able to meet MicH. Last thursday evening, that was Chopper. But I managed to host several visitors, including Philia for quite a long time a couple of days ago (300-400 peaches takes time to handle ^_^ )

I'm also completely full of Turnips and Perfect apples, there're everywhere. Those cupboards are too small! And I've less than 100 packs of turnips, I don't want to imagine how Philia managed to store four times that...

Today is the first day I've really started to feel like I'm just going through the daily grind rather than enjoying playing the game. I'm at the point where there is literally nothing to enjoy or look forward to.

My town feels like it is at a complete standstill, I've spent the last week wasting all my PWP slots on demolishing and replacing street lamps rather than being able to build anything and I haven't seen a hybrid flower in close to a week. I've also got no hope of ever putting together a nice house because the Super T&T and Able Sisters stocks the same junk that I already own on a daily basis. I'm hardly even bothering with the Nintendo items either since it's always a damn fire flower, kart or arwing.

Given up on fishing and bug catching as well since everything I'm missing is rare and doesn't show up no matter how long I farm for. And as for PWPs, I've got over half of them now and still only have 4 or 5 that I'd ever put in my town (cheers for the awful hammock suggestion today Tucker).

This is...depressing.

Can I drop by your town and have a look see?

I'd like to get an idea of what you've accomplished before arriving at this point that you're at.

Sorry to hear you're losing touch with the game. I started to wonder if things would get monotonous for me, as well.

Koren

First time is always an anxious ordeal, becomes a breeze later on though.
Or would be a breeze if the online part was decent... Between the saves, the errors, the disconnexions and the lengthy dialogs, it's quite bothering sometimes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

if you're doing PWPs for perfect town status, you don't need very much. I just got it today and I have a basic fountain, two benches, two street lamps and a zen clock. Thats it. I want a police station but not bothered about much else

demolishing and rebuilding street lamps sounds like you're landscaping or adjusting the layout? That doesn't sound unproductive at all.

We can all help with getting items for you, if you want to furnish your house. I expect it would be slow relying on T&T etc only.

the timing generally is a bit tricky. I've been going a bit overboard recently and I know I'll hit a cliff anytime soon. But that's ok.

Bug-off this saturday!

Mekere

I've been taking it easy recently. I don't bother going on the island anymore, it's just not fun. I have no money but the one I scavenge in my town, I take 3 or 4 days to pay a PW, my house loan has not been paid for ages, but I don't care :p

I play early in the morning, a bit in the afternoon and before going to bed, that's plenty enough for me to have fun and improve my town slowly.

tumblr_mpz4br1zqu1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

It took me 4 days, but I managed to pay the police center. I just love Booker and his insecurities. He is doing a great work and he doesn't even realizes it! It was not that early, just 07:30 am :p

tumblr_mpz4dhHT5H1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

I'm pretty sure this wasn't open earlier..

tumblr_mpz4fgcJZV1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

Hu-ho, mister Resetti has gain some weight and has a belly problem now! Or.. a claw problem? What?

tumblr_mpz4gzMuj71svfr8bo1_400.jpg

Hooo, these claws!

tumblr_mpz4isaHMr1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

Life is hard for Mister Resetti :( But he will do it! He has the strength and the willpower to overcome this gutsy obstacle! Go mister Resetti, go!

tumblr_mpz47pPxKn1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

How nice is the first cup of coffee early in the morning

tumblr_mpz49t5yFG1svfr8bo1_400.jpg

And Fushia is wearing my design! It looks great on her, too bad they always wear them sleeveless...

I updated my Dream town this morning (and got 5000 bells for that, nice!), dream number:
7400-2275-0327

Or User: Mekere
Town: New Seed

Feel free to visit it and give me your opinion on it!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Forgot to mention, off thing happened to me. It seems I managed to negate the effect of rain.

I was at the shops when it started and I never went back to town (I usually play in bursts and then put the system back to sleep). When I returned it had stopped raining and I went back to my town.

Because I never saw the rain in town the game seems to think it never rained so only the flowers I watered bred (wish I watered more now) and no Gyroids.

Might be a handy tip for cross-breeders.

milkham

Sooo I was thinking of setting up a Twitter account that would act as a reminder of things happening in Animal Crossing. Villager's birthdays, special events, new catchable bugs (and "last chance this month") , new DLC items that are available, new HHA spotpass, etc. it would just pop out a tweet once or twice a day with a message like "Do you have Croque in your town? Don't forget that today's his birthday!" Or something like that.

Does anyone know if there is something like that already? I was looking for it myself, but couldn't find it. Now that I got the strategy guide, I guess it's pretty easy to set up something like that by myself as most information is already in the book.

Only problem is getting info on various DLC items. I didn't get the slushie machine dlc, but I am in Europe. Is it UK only or something? I would also need a collection of dates of DLC in other territories.

If people think it's a good idea and would like to see this, I'm gonna start setting up an account right away. I was just wondering if there are any DLC schedules available for the Best Buy DLC items, and/or other schedules for other regions? I only have the one for The Netherlands. I'd assume that every country in Europe has a different schedule?

i think maybe a subscribable google calendar would be better than a twitter account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom