• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I drop by your town and have a look see?
Yeah sure. My FC is in my profile, just let me know yours.

demolishing and rebuilding street lamps sounds like you're landscaping or adjusting the layout? That doesn't sound unproductive at all.
I'm simply replacing them with a different design. I had to put a load down early because I needed to protect areas from villagers moving in and ruining everything even though I didn't like them. At the time I didn't realise demolishing an object uses up your PWP slot for the day, otherwise I wouldn't have done so.

We can all help with getting items for you, if you want to furnish your house. I expect it would be slow relying on T&T etc only.
To be honest I feel I've been relying too heavily on AC GAF for items as it is, I've got 1 room finished and would have literally none of the items in there if it weren't for the generosity of others. I'd rather not have to do that for 3 more rooms.

Pikma

Banned
See, I never played Wild World, but loved and played to death the GC original, so it had never come to mind, until today, that bringing the game to school once I get back to it will be... FUCKING INCREDIBLE. The play time this'll get between classes will be MASSIVE. Plus, the game's way better suited for short bursts than MH3U, which was my always-on cartridge before it

Tash

I think what makes the game so fun for me is not to rely too much on outside help. It's like buying stuff in an MMO instead of having to work a dungeon for drops yourself. It's way too tempting but if you do it too much it just destroys the whole fun and the point of "getting there".

Just my humble opinion though :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm fine with doing one on one trades since both parties benefit. I'm slowly going to expand my house before I start hunting for specific items, but I do have some ideas of how I want to decorate them. No idea how much I'll both with the HHA stuff though.

I think what makes the game so fun for me is not to rely too much on outside help. It's like buying stuff in an MMO instead of having to work a dungeon for drops yourself. It's way too tempting but if you do it too much it just destroys the whole fun and the point of "getting there".

Just my humble opinion though :)

No, I agree, that's why I even though I contributed a couple songs to the GAF catalog effort, I probably won't jump in to catalog songs myself. There are so many more ways to build up songs now with street pass and daily albums on sale at TIY, that I'll just collect them over time.

Also, regarding the duping tricks, it really shows how greedy other communities have been with their stuff. I understand getting something in return for things you can't order like the 7-11 set, but if your main concern is disrupting values in some "economy" there's something wrong.

Tash

No, I agree, that's why I even though I contributed a couple songs to the GAF catalog effort, I probably won't jump in to catalog songs myself. There are so many more ways to build up songs now with street pass and daily albums on sale at TIY, that I'll just collect them over time.

Also, regarding the duping tricks, it really shows how greedy other communities have been with their stuff. I understand getting something in return for things you can't order like the 7-11 set, but if your main concern is disrupting values in some "economy" there's something wrong.

Well I definitely would not mind sharing them for others to use either. I don't mind if people play a different way and I might definitely ask for help with some things as well. For example I still have not managed to visit someone else's town due to time difference and I have a lot of perfect peaches to sell -.-

edeo

Looking to add friends for Animal Crossing. My friend code is in my profile.

Can anyone explain the campsite? I like the look of it, but I hear animals will move in and live there. Does the campsite then turn into a house? Or does it stay a campsite?

Wolfe

To be honest I feel I've been relying too heavily on AC GAF for items as it is, I've got 1 room finished and would have literally none of the items in there if it weren't for the generosity of others. I'd rather not have to do that for 3 more rooms.

Maybe it helps that this is my first AC and therefore I don't have any prior experience or habits with the franchise but I've been playing nearly the opposite of you and loving it (granted I did indulge myself with a little cataloging while dropping an item off one night lol). While I certainly don't blame anyone for playing however they want I've tried utilizing AC GAF as little as possible outside of the usual stuff like Katie and petitions or just chillin/whatever. I think it's definitely helped keep things fresh for me even though I certainly feel behind a lot of the players on here, it doesn't bother me.

Tash

Maybe it helps that this is my first AC and therefore I don't have any prior experience or habits with the franchise but I've been playing nearly the opposite of you and loving it (granted I did indulge myself with a little cataloging while dropping an item off one night lol). While I certainly don't blame anyone for playing however they want I've tried utilizing AC GAF as little as possible outside of the usual stuff like Katie and petitions or just chillin/whatever. I think it's definitely helped keep things fresh for me even though I certainly feel behind a lot of the players on here, it doesn't bother me.

Yup, totally agree :) Same here.

Tash

Can anyone explain the campsite? I like the look of it, but I hear animals will move in and live there. Does the campsite then turn into a house? Or does it stay a campsite?

Iirc, these are temp villagers that move in and then out again. Sometimes they might ask if they can stay and become permanent residents. You can also play mini-games with them and get unique items.
The campsite itself does not turn into a house, I think but if they stay they find a house spot.

Campers show up for a day. You can interact with them and determine whether you like them. At some point, you'll have an opportunity to invite them to move in to town, but they build a separate house. The campsite stays for new campers. Of course, if your town is full (10 villagers) you won't see them actually move in.

edeo

Thanks for the info.

I only have a few duplicate items so far for trade. A kart and a yellow Pikmin hat.

I'm just barely starting so I can probably take anything for a swap.

Edit: Whoa, just noticed I'm a full member now. Does it just take time?

Ack, so I have a new villager and he moved in right on top of one of my huge perfect cherry orchards. Thanks Benjamin...you better suggest some good projects.

Wolfe

Benjamin has a ton of sloppy furniture. You just hit a gold mine if you can talk him out of it.

I couldn't care less that the sloppy furniture is rare, I just honestly like it. All the other furniture is so clean for the most part, I like that the sloppy items all feel a bit used or worn.

Linius

What would be the best internet source for an up to date New Leaf database on furniture sets. I'm thinking about putting my sets into a sheet so I can easily see what's missing.

Koren

if you're doing PWPs for perfect town status, you don't need very much. I just got it today and I have a basic fountain, two benches, two street lamps and a zen clock. Thats it.
I have :
- three bridges
- a fountain
- one bench
- one clock
- a stone
- three street lights
- the police station
- one lighthouse
- a zen garden

and I hadn't built enough PWP before the zen garden (maybe it's OK now). I'm curious about how it works exactly. I'm wondering whether the placement plays a role...

Tash

I have :
- three bridges
- a fountain
- one bench
- one clock
- a stone
- three street lights
- the police station
- one lighthouse
- a zen garden

and I hadn't built enough PWP before the zen garden (maybe it's OK now). I'm curious about how it works exactly. I'm wondering whether the placement plays a role...

It also depends on how many trees/plants you have an if there are weeds and stuff laying around that is not supposed to be there (in case you didn't know).

I couldn't care less that the sloppy furniture is rare, I just honestly like it. All the other furniture is so clean for the most part, I like that the sloppy items all feel a bit used or worn.

yeah, I'd probably hang on to it too unless I had a close friend collecting. I'm just saying he's one of the few great sources to be able to get that stuff, whatever your reasons.

Linius

Not sure if it is the best or most complete but I like this one:
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/list-of-furniture/

Anyone with any awesome/interesting/cute villagers moving out today?

This is, by far, the best and most accurate. http://moridb.com/items/furniture/

Thanks guys. The second one looks great with these images and all that.

Also really happy that I finally have two new PWP from my villagers in the past three days. Rack of Rice (seriously?) and a Wind Turbine (awesome!). That brings up the count to four. Gonna build the Wind Turbine. Hopefully that's enough to achieve a perfect town status.

By the way, I know it's been refined by various people testing it out, but does anyone know who discovered the diving trick? Did it originate here or did it just get passed along the grapevine?

Koren

It also depends on how many trees/plants you have an if there are weeds and stuff laying around that is not supposed to be there (in case you didn't know).
I know, but I was specifically talking about PWP.

The message is not the same depending on what you're missing. Isabelle was clearly always saying "you should spend more money in PWP". I have a very high number of trees and flowers, no weeds, and if I sometimes have stuff on the ground, I get a different message in those rare cases.

PWP definitively aren't all equivalents in term of city development (that, we knew), but I'm really beginning to think that placement could also play a role (nearly all the projects were on the northern part of my town)

New bug off this saturday I see. Time to collect some butterflies and other insects in preparence.

To the Island
island1_jpg_436x242_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Animekatt

I'm getting my XL back from repairs, buuuut... it's the Red/black one, and NOT my pink/white one. :( Now I'm really praying that my friend information/streetpass info will be retained. Crossing my fingers...

Linius

Why is the campus set nowhere listed with all of its English names. It's a pain to go trough my catalogue to find all of them.

Wolfe

I'm getting my XL back from repairs, buuuut... it's the Red/black one, and NOT my pink/white one. :( Now I'm really praying that my friend information/streetpass info will be retained. Crossing my fingers...

They aren't giving you back the same color?

milkham

they don't send you back the same one? not even the same color? whaaaat

Wolfe

When I sent mine in recently I got the option to choose red or blue, but mine already was blue so I didn't think about what they might have said if mine want one of those two colors. I find it a little dumb if they don't have the same colors as are available in retail for replacement units.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just used an emerald on a modern chair. Jesus this looks TERRIBLE

only looking online, but I haven't seen anything that looks good with ore. Gold for the shits and giggles sure, but mostly it's horrible

are there any pics of good looking custom ore furniture?

oh, and I bought 2 XLs which I'm going to give to my kids - one as a slightly early birthday present and one as a massively early christmas present. both with animal crossing. Now leave Dad's 3DS alone!

Forkball

I just went to a town, and somehow one of the people could summon shooting stars, and if you look up to the sky and press A, you make a wish and the star gets huge.

This game has dark secrets.

Linius

Mich, I found out what I still need to get four trendy sets to completion.

Modern: Desk and wall.
Minimalist: Ottoman.

Could I cataloge these things at your place?

OneLetter

Got two more badges this morning for spending money in the shops, and customizing items in Re-Tail. Slowly getting there...

I also spent way too long farming the elite ore hunting and have 1200 medals now. No idea what to spend it on, but at least I'm making progress towards the corresponding badge.

Someone can explain how to do the "swimming" trick to get new public project recommendation? For 4 days none of my villagers gave me one. I'm stuck with the same ol' project.

Philia

Yesterday evening, I wasn't able to meet MicH. Last thursday evening, that was Chopper. But I managed to host several visitors, including Philia for quite a long time a couple of days ago (300-400 peaches takes time to handle ^_^ )

I'm also completely full of Turnips and Perfect apples, there're everywhere. Those cupboards are too small! And I've less than 100 packs of turnips, I don't want to imagine how Philia managed to store four times that...

LOL, yes, my wifi is sturdy! :) That's because I sit next to my router all the time.

Forgot to mention, off thing happened to me. It seems I managed to negate the effect of rain.

I was at the shops when it started and I never went back to town (I usually play in bursts and then put the system back to sleep). When I returned it had stopped raining and I went back to my town.

Because I never saw the rain in town the game seems to think it never rained so only the flowers I watered bred (wish I watered more now) and no Gyroids.

Might be a handy tip for cross-breeders.

I think I can attest this had happened to me too. Remain in the shops long enough and then come back out see a double rainbow instead.

I've had a Perfect Town for 4 days, thanks Philia!

<33333333333333

Linius

Someone can explain how to do the "swimming" trick to get new public project recommendation? For 4 days none of my villagers gave me one. I'm stuck with the same ol' project.

Main things are stay out of sight from your villagers for at least five minutes and try to have nothing on you so villagers can not ask you for stuff. So empty pockets work best.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Main things are stay out of sight from your villagers for at least five minutes and try to have nothing on you so villagers can not ask you for stuff. So empty pockets work best.

Don't they still try to sell you stuff that way? I think filling your pockets with bells works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom