• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfe

Ozzie my man! Hookin me up with the Lighthouse, now I just need Jay to move out so I can stick it in the right spot :p

Too bad I don't want Jay to leave! ;_;

Edit: to add to what Philia said the silver axe also produces stumps with special patterns.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Mmmmm got 3 streetpasses today and and there are quite a few items I want to grab from them; I love this feature.

MicH

tumblr_mpmpxdMfW41swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Only happened this one time. Then again the bench is sort of out of the way of where they walk around the town.
Love thus picture. I need to visit you sometime.

Also caught both Stinky and Cesar sitting on benches tonight.

Chopper

I need signatures too, add me and I'll open my town, then you open your town and we both get the signatures.
Plan. I warn you, my wifi's been a bit shitty recently. You shouldn't have any problems coming to me, but it might crash if I come to you. Let's try anyway.

My code is 3316 6553 7968.

Wolfe

I need signatures too, add me and I'll open my town, then you open your town and we both get the signatures.

Or you guys could both come to my town and get it done at the same time!

Edit: regardless of if you come to my town or not it says that code is invalid Chopper.

Wolfe

The Grid, I can open my gate up after I get Choppers code.

Dunno if you missed the post but it's telling me your code is invalid.

Wolfe

Looks like flips covered, the gate is still open if you want to try one more time Chopper.

I almost never know who I'm visiting. GAF names are not 3DS names are not Animal Crossing names. It's annoying. :p

My 3DS name and AC name are the same, but that's the best you'll get out of me!

Edit: Bah, bummer about the wifi Chopper :(

Chopper

Looks like flips covered, the gate is still open if you want to try one more time Chopper.

My 3DS name and AC name are the same, but that's the best you'll get out of me!

Edit: Bah, bummer about the wifi Chopper :(
Can we try one more time?! I just reset my router...

Anyone else feel like New Leaf took a big step back in terms of characterization, specifically Tom Nook and Blathers?

Blathers used to blather on (hence the name) whenever you made a new donation, spilling fun details about whatever it was you were giving him. His reactions to bugs were always the best of course. Now, he says the same stock sentence for everything and has no personality, never talking about anything you donate. It's not even super apparent that he's afraid of bugs.

Tom Nook used to be the nexus of the game. You worked for Nook. You bought everything from Nook. You sold everything to Nook. Nook was your mortgage broker.

Now those are split up (you work for Town Hall, you buy everything from his nephews, you sell everything to the alpacas, and Nook only handles your mortgage). He's been reduced to just another shop keeper, with no personality and no significance. He's not even located in the town proper anymore.

Think about all the players who are experiencing Animal Crossing for the first time and won't get to know the joy of being Nook's indentured servant.

leehom

How do I find something a villager buried? I tried looking at the grass and I can't find any variations that would give it off.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Is there a limit on certain public works? I built a Stone Tablet with the idea of having two, the next day I go I there and it's not on the list?

Wolfe

What :( I wanted to build a wind turbine park!

Curse you Isabelle and your silly restrictions!

Yeah I wanted to build at least 3 of them in this one spot by the bridge but realized soon afterward that some PWPs are limited to one instance of it being active at one time. Here's hoping I get the solar panel suggested soon so I can at least stick that thing with the turbine in place of more turbines.

Animekatt

I found a Jacob's ladder (FYI, it's a white plant), what do I do with it?

Put it in your house/hair. It's been said that you can't breed more JLs; they only spawn randomly whilst you have perfect town going. Also it's a myth with it having an improved effect on hybrid breeding. It's best to just water only the flowers you are trying to breed (while you have beautiful town ordinance running).

flippedb

Banned
Put it in your house/hair. It's been said that you can't breed more JLs; they only spawn randomly whilst you have perfect town going. Also it's a myth with it having an improved effect on hybrid breeding. It's best to just water only the flowers you are trying to breed (while you have beautiful town ordinance running).

It won't die if it's displayed, right?

Roto13

I'm having a lucky day (thanks to Katrina's fortune) so I'm trying to get Gold furniture. Cyrus made me a gold carpet, which is something I hadn't gotten before. (I'm only missing a few things.) So that's nice. Then he made me another gold carpet. Then another gold carpet.

This isn't how luck is supposed to work, guys.

EDIT: Confession, I made this post right before checking to see what he had made me, because whenever I complain about something not happening in this game, it immediately happens. It worked. Got a Gold Screen. Now all I need is the Gold wallpaper. :p

Ellix

Anyone else feel like New Leaf took a big step back in terms of characterization, specifically Tom Nook and Blathers?

Blathers used to blather on (hence the name) whenever you made a new donation, spilling fun details about whatever it was you were giving him. His reactions to bugs were always the best of course. Now, he says the same stock sentence for everything and has no personality, never talking about anything you donate. It's not even super apparent that he's afraid of bugs.

Tom Nook used to be the nexus of the game. You worked for Nook. You bought everything from Nook. You sold everything to Nook. Nook was your mortgage broker.

Now those are split up (you work for Town Hall, you buy everything from his nephews, you sell everything to the alpacas, and Nook only handles your mortgage). He's been reduced to just another shop keeper, with no personality and no significance. He's not even located in the town proper anymore.

Think about all the players who are experiencing Animal Crossing for the first time and won't get to know the joy of being Nook's indentured servant.

You'd be surprised how much character New Leaf gives to some of the shopkeepers through conversations. Example 1 Example 2

I agree with you that Blathers definitely took a hit in New Leaf for the sake of efficiency. I dunno if I can really argue against that since, having played all the previous games in the series, the way donations are handled in New Leaf makes me a very happy person.

My main beef with the games is that I really wish the shopkeepers would participate more in town-wide events such as New Years, Fireworks, etc. especially if their stores are closed. Kind of like how Copper hosted aerobics exercises.

Chopper

I'm having a lucky day (thanks to Katrina's fortune) so I'm trying to get Gold furniture. Cyrus made me a gold carpet, which is something I hadn't gotten before. (I'm only missing a few things.) So that's nice. Then he made me another gold carpet. Then another gold carpet.

This isn't how luck is supposed to work, guys.

EDIT: Confession, I made this post right before checking to see what he had made me, because whenever I complain about something not happening in this game, it immediately happens. It worked. Got a Gold Screen. Now all I need is the Gold wallpaper. :p
How do you have so much gold?!

limlark

My island is selling silver axes today! Come get 'em! As many as you can carry for 8 medals each! (I bought 17.)

Friend code: 3480 3868 2820

Chopper

Thanks for letting me come over Wolfe. Though Tammy had already got signatures apparently! Stupid bitch. She can fuck off.

Edit: Nice. I should totally buy that stuff.

celebi23

So, I've got a bunch of extra fossils if anyone is interested (need to make some room in storage :p):

Fossils (Bells for these would be nice)
Megacero Torso
Stego Torso (x2)
Megacero Torso
Igunodon Skull
Dimetrodon Torso
Parasaur Tail
Ankylo Skull
Diplo Tail
Diplo Neck
Plesio Torso

If you're interested, just shoot me a PM with the item(s) names in the subject line and include your FC & Town Name as well. My FC is 4699-6104-8768. If you have any extra Cabana stuff that is:
Cabana Flooring
Cabana Wall
I'll take any of those as well :D If you have an extra pair of flip-flops from the Island Gift Shop, or a pair of Brown Loafers, I'll take that too :D

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
My wife accidentally cut down the trees on the island where the good Bugs were spawning. How do I get them to come back? Is there a way to respawn the island back to its original state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom