• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you gain access to the catalog? I've been buying every unique furniture at Nook's each day and then selling it just for the eventual attempt to get 100% (lol)

When do you gain access to the catalog? I've been buying every unique furniture at Nook's each day and then selling it just for the eventual attempt to get 100% (lol)
When the store upgrades for the first time.

RE: GameFAQs
10 days after your town is open and the you have spent at least 12,000 bells in Nookling Junction. Also, you must have moved out of a tent.

Pachimari

Thanks to Linius' kindness I can pay off my depth for my house on my 3rd day.

But is this kind of "cheating" or will a huge part of the game go away in an instant if I pay it off by having gotten the 10.000 as a present?

This were my 2nd day:
H3mWyjH.jpg

After being stung by bees on my first day, I managed to fall into a hole in the ground and have no luck in fishing.

And just started my 3rd day this morning, everyone's still sleeping but in 5 hours I can pay off my depth, I also caught my first animal, a frog!:
UxLdePk.jpg

celebi23

An update on what's left:
So, I'm kinda running out of space soooo, everything must go! Everything on this list is FREE (except when stated otherwise)

Furnature
Wet Road Sign
Judge's Bell
Dartboard
Hula Doll
Spinning Wheel
Kiwi Stool
Manhole Cover
Lefty Desk
Dolly
Bear Pole
Mop
Watering Trough
Exercise Bike
Balloon Bed
Shower
Tennis Table
Minimalistic Minitable
Minimalistic Ottoman
Common Bed
Astro Shelf
Iron Frame
Balloon Chair

Glasses
Superhero Mask
Rimmed Glasses
Monocle
Tiny Shades
Curly Mustache

Shirts
Reggae Tee
Kiddie Tee
Zipper Shirt
Flame Shirt
Mint Gingham Tee
Nebula Shirt
Misty Tank
Blue-Strip Tee
Picnic Tee
Dawn Tee
Chichi-Print Tee
No. 67 shirt
Melon Gingham Shirt
Dice Tank
Red tie-dye tank
dreamy tee
Blue Plaid Shirt

Pants
Chino Pants
Relay Shorts
Baseball Pants (x2)

Wallpaper
Mosaic Wall
Kitchen Wall
Backgammon Wall
Paw-Print Wall

Hat
Fireman's Hat
Purple Knit Hat
Orange Knit Hat
Melon Hat
White Cap
Green Knit Hat
Light-Blue Cap
Blue Pom-Pom Hat
Regent Wig

Shoes
Tropical Sandals
Colorful Sneakers
Ninja Sandals
Blue Sneakers
Green Sandals
Red Boat Shoes
Zap Boots

Socks
Black Leggings
Gray Socks
Colorful Socks
Brown Socks
Gray Socks

Helmet

Floors

Music
K.K. Jongara

Gyroids
Poltergoid
Mega Plinkoid

Fossils (Bells for these would be nice)
Stego Torso
Megacero Torso
Igunodon Skull
Ptera Skull
Amber

Nintendo Items (Bells for these would be nice)
Triple Red Shells
Red Pikmin (x2)
Hero's pants
Master Sword
Pipe

If you're interested, just shoot me a PM with the item(s) names in the subject line and include your FC & Town Name as well. My FC is 4699-6104-8768. If you have any extra Cabana stuff that is:
Cabana Flooring
Cabana Wall
I'll take any of those as well :D If you have an extra pair of Brown Loafers, I'll take that too :D

Guess I might as well offer again since it's all out

Have all 91 KK songs out in front of my station atm if anyone is interested in cataloging them. Poplemousse is in my town right now, but after that I guess I can add a few of you (don't have a lot of space left on my friends list tbh)

Can I come catalog 5 random songs?

2878-9959-1655

njean777

Still haven't found out how to get tulips at all. I go to the island and have tried the tours but still haven't seen one. Also haven found any on the island itself. All there is are the bushes and trees. Are they sold in seed packets at the flower shop?

How do I wake up the blue bird guy at re-tail also? I heard you could but still have never seen him awake.

Wolfe

It's too bad you can't make pets of the bugs outside of just having them in your house, I want to take my tarantula out scorpion hunting.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So, how can I get citizens to suggest new public works projects? I've been playing since the beginning, and not ONE person has suggested a new public works project to me. I talk to my citizens a lot, too.

I've done all of the available projects except for the Do Not Enter Sign, the Photo Cutout, and the 1-block art thingy. And that's only because I just don't like those and don't want to build them.

But I have no idea how to get more. No one has ever suggested anything.

SmithnCo

So, how can I get citizens to suggest new public works projects? I've been playing since the beginning, and not ONE person has suggested a new public works project to me. I talk to my citizens a lot, too.

I've done all of the available projects except for the Do Not Enter Sign, the Photo Cutout, and the 1-block art thingy. And that's only because I just don't like those and don't want to build them.

So you haven't done the "wetsuit trick" yet? Villagers will suggest projects when they look surprised and run up to talk to you. To encourage this, you can wait in the ocean for 5-10 minutes. That usually makes the next villager you see run up to you.

They don't always suggest projects but it helps. Also helps if you fill your inventory with tools/bells so they don't try to trade items.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
So you haven't done the "wetsuit trick" yet? Villagers will suggest projects when they look surprised and run up to talk to you. To encourage this, you can wait in the ocean for 5-10 minutes. That usually makes the next villager you see run up to you.

They don't always suggest projects but it helps. Also helps if you fill your inventory with tools/bells so they don't try to trade items.

Yep. I've tried that for hours. Never got one suggestion. I have no items, no bells, I wait in the ocean (I'm doing so right now), then I walk around until someone does the "BING!". When I talk to them, it's always about something dumb, like, changing a catchphrase, or whatever.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm just crazy unlucky. I have at least 150 hours into this game. Probably more. I should have had something by now, I feel.

SmithnCo

Yep. I've tried that for hours. Never got one suggestion. I have no items, no bells, I wait in the ocean (I'm doing so right now), then I walk around until someone does the "BING!". When I talk to them, it's always about something dumb, like, changing a catchphrase, or whatever.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm just crazy unlucky. I have at least 150 hours into this game. Probably more. I should have had something by now, I feel.

Yeah, it sounds like you are just unlucky because you're doing the trick right. As long as they do the "bing" animation they have a chance to suggest something. Sometimes I get it by chance and sometimes it takes an hour or two of doing the trick for me to get one.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Have a feeling Pulga isn't coming, so I'm going to close up. If you see this dude, just hit me up sometime tomorrow and I'll grab dem tunes for you.

Dacvak

Yeah, it sounds like you are just unlucky because you're doing the trick right. As long as they do the "bing" animation they have a chance to suggest something. Sometimes I get it by chance and sometimes it takes an hour or two of doing the trick for me to get one.

Anytime they do the "BING" animation, the conversations are definitely unique compared to the normal 'how's it going' conversations, but they've never had me suggest anything. Just a second ago, someone asked me where they should go on vacation, and I was presented with a bunch of options. I chose "The Beach". They were excited, said thanks, and that was it. Wtf.

I fucking hate talking to my stupid townspeople. I wish they were all dead.

Someday I will kill them all.

Have you actually changed the catchphrases when they've asked? I don't think they'll ask if you've changed it recently, so that's something else you can partially eliminate.

Also wondering if you've built several things already? EDIT: Looks like you have.

Have you reached your perfect town status? Tried raising your luck with green items on the south wall?

There's definitely some randomness to it, no matter what. I've had the game idling, doing the swimming trick for hours without any luck. Other days I get suggestions as soon as I walk out of the house.

Tash

Wow, aren't golden stags supposed to be rare? They had a freaking party on my island last night and I ended up with 14 catched golden stags, and the rest of my island box was filled up with elephants and atlas bugs. Good run :D

Tash

I have the same problem but played even longer I think. Not a single freaking suggestion :(

Ledsen

Thanks to Linius' kindness I can pay off my depth for my house on my 3rd day.

But is this kind of "cheating" or will a huge part of the game go away in an instant if I pay it off by having gotten the 10.000 as a present?

This were my 2nd day:
H3mWyjH.jpg

After being stung by bees on my first day, I managed to fall into a hole in the ground and have no luck in fishing.

And just started my 3rd day this morning, everyone's still sleeping but in 5 hours I can pay off my depth, I also caught my first animal, a frog!:
UxLdePk.jpg

You can get the 10,000 in like half an hour of catching bugs, picking fruit and fishing... so don't worry about it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Pic dump:

tumblr_mq3sil3e461sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I laugh at my friends' distress. That was meant for Muffy, incidentally.

tumblr_mq3skkDhwm1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mq3sqsUR0e1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Couple of pics from my visit to rpmurphy's town yesterday. We had a tight jam session. Also, that bear is huge.

tumblr_mq3sugsti41sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Up to no good with Suzu.

tumblr_mq3t0oPJXQ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

This really isn't a good place to hide.

tumblr_mq3t2yYyoc1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Hmmph.

tumblr_mq3tfxUojZ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Sky looked pretty sweet around sunset.

tumblr_mq4cjsfn6n1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Oh, I hate these guys. (THIS IS A REFERENCE I REALLY DON'T)

tumblr_mq4cma7hhV1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Being a lothario with a girl from the UK.

tumblr_mq4cnrcP4i1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I was much more of a proper gentleman with Leeness. Her balloon and my flower matched too :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
With Beardo moving out soon, I need either a snooty, smug, or normal villager, anyone have those types moving out soon?

Ok,so I have rocco moving out tomorrow (as long as he doesn't catch up to me - every time he sees me he does the ! - I'm starting to feel bad). I just want him out because he is annoying but I haven't read up on personality types or anything. I'll do that for my current villagers, but all I know is I have three cats and two rabbits so I don't want another one of those.

How does this all work? How long do I have between him moving out and someone else moving in? And how do I persuade someone else from another town to come (what's the timing involved here)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom