• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Guess they weren't kidding when they said that Cyrus would make golden furniture at random. He made a 2nd golden screen and chair for me :/

Making my investment in purchased gold nuggets go to waste

Well not really, since he makes them random for everyone there should be plenty people out there with spare golden furniture. I think watching the Gamefaqs boards and posting in here will get you trading partners soon enough right?

Wolfe

Ended up with this monstrosity as my PWP suggestion for the day:
MwH8qmI.png

I have no idea why a pole with a lamp nailed on is more expensive than the fancy streetlights I already have all over town.

Dude, best streetlight ever! What personality do you need for that badass light?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have no idea why a pole with a lamp nailed on is more expensive than the fancy streetlights I already have all over town.
Nails are expensive in the Animal Crossing world since there is little demand for them. They have perfected flat pack furniture so there is no use for DIY assembly.

Just got back from a two week vacation that I didn't bring my 3DS on.
0aDdo3d.jpg

Quite literally, the first thing I see.

Last time someone moved close to me I didn't speak to him at all and he left about a week later. Hopefully that tactic works again.

Also, I put the beautiful town ordinance on before I left, but there were still plenty of weeds around when I returned. What does the beautiful town ordinance actually do for us?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also, I put the beautiful town ordinance on before I left, but there were still plenty of weeds around when I returned. What does the beautiful town ordinance actually do for us?
Flowers don't die. You stop catching rubbish from fishing. Cockroaches won't appear in your home. Weeds are rarer. Villagers will water flowers and plant more flowers.

ramyeon

You would have had a hell of a lot more without it.

Using Beautiful Town I get at maximum 1 weed a day if at all.

Wolfe

Snooty. To be fair I might have a use for 1 of them in town if I can ever get the Bus Stop suggestion from Muffy (but she is never outside, so that'll take a long time).

Dang Freya needs to get on the ball then, I can't recall if she's suggested anything yet.

Got my golden water can last night! I thought it had only been 8 days since I got the perfect town status so I was surprised. So awesome and makes things a lot easier with all my flowers.

teeny

Okay, so I think I have been fishing for a Giant Snakehead in the wrong place. The Thonky guid says that they spawn in the river pool / lake, so I have been fishing where the lake buldges. However, the only large fish I have been catching is the bloody Dorado, which the guide says only spawns in the river.

Where exactly is this fish!

Its the ceolacanth all over again :(

Betty

Banned
Okay, so I think I have been fishing for a Giant Snakehead in the wrong place. The Thonky guid says that they spawn in the river pool / lake, so I have been fishing where the lake buldges. However, the only large fish I have been catching is the bloody Dorado, which the guide says only spawns in the river.

No, you're in the right place, that's where I caught mine.

MicH

It's in the lake, so you're just unlucky

UberTag

Guess they weren't kidding when they said that Cyrus would make golden furniture at random. He made a 2nd golden screen and chair for me :/

Making my investment in purchased gold nuggets go to waste
I'll gladly trade my extra Golden Man for one of your golden extras.
We can beat the Cyrus shenanigans ethically through the power of frien- errr, trading!

Koren

That is very weird.
I still don't figure why I have a spot in the middle of my orchad where I've already tried EIGHT times to plant a tree, and it simply doesn't work.

I'd like to understand...

(And no, I'm nowhere close to 15 in 7x7 area, between 9 and 11 depending on where you put the sides of the 7x7)

Maybe the stump still count like a tree in the 7*7 limit?
Most probably.

Chopper

I still don't figure why I have a spot in the middle of my orchad where I've already tried EIGHT times to plant a tree, and it simply doesn't work.

I'd like to understand...

(And no, I'm nowhere close to 15 in 7x7 area, between 9 and 11 depending on where you put the sides of the 7x7)
In Wild World there were random spots that you couldn't plant trees because they had to account for neighbours' houses.

As time goes on, it is becoming more apparent that the spots where neighbours move in in New Leaf aren't quite as random as they appear. There are just more of them. I wonder if this has an effect on where trees and bushes can/can't be planted.

Maybe the stump still count like a tree in the 7*7 limit?
I'd have thought so. The question is, do bushes count too?

Linius

So weird. After weeks of not catching any scallop I caught my first one yesterday and finally met Pascal. Today I caught two in the span of maybe 20 seconds and Pascal didn't bother to show up both times.

So weird. After weeks of not catching any scallop I caught my first one yesterday and finally met Pascal. Today I caught two in the span of maybe 20 seconds and Pascal didn't bother to show up both times.

He only shows up once a day, and he doesn't show up if your inventory is full either which is a pain cause you can't check it when swimming.

Roto13

I wonder if it's possible to meet the top goal of the theme challenge without having a house that looks like a giant storage locker.
Neither of those things were happening. The only possible reason I can think of is that my gate was open.

That's probably it, then.

Linius

How do you catalogue? I've got a few modern wood things in my house and I really like the design so I'd like to do it, if I can.

The furniture plus carpet/wall are outside on the ground. You simply pick everything up and put it back down again. That way it's in your catalogue. Then you can order it at the Nooklings in the catalogue machine that you get with the first expansion.

Currently showing a villager my house, but if you want to come by I can open up within the next 15 minutes. Only rules are no running and watching out for the flowers. FC is in profile.

The furniture plus carpet/wall are outside on the ground. You simply pick everything up and put it back down again. That way it's in your catalogue. Then you can order it at the Nooklings in the catalogue machine that you get with the first expansion.

Currently showing a villager my house, but if you want to come by I can open up within the next 15 minutes. Only rules are no running and watching out for the flowers. FC is in profile.

Yeah, that'd be great, thanks. I'll add you now. Just about to add my FC to my profile but it's 0001-3293-9119. It'll only be a fleeting visit as I'm at work :)

Linius

No problem, I'm just farming visitors. I'll open in five minutes.

Caught my third scallop of the day with the gates closed and Pascal showed up. He got me a Keg. So now I have a Ship Compass and a Keg. Gonna do a pirate themed room in my dupes house. Also caught my first lobster :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm also collecting Pascal stuff, but I may only keep certain items of it for a seaside cottage look. So kegs and compass yes, Jolly Roger flag probably not.

(It's a shame you can't customise the Jolly Roger flag with your own desig)

Linius

I'm also collecting Pascal stuff, but I may only keep certain items of it for a seaside cottage look. So kegs and compass yes, Jolly Roger flag probably not.

(It's a shame you can't customise the Jolly Roger flag with your own desig)

It's more my OCD that I want all his stuff. And I don't really have a place to store it so I thought I'll just be expanding my dupes house and get all the Pascal stuff in there :p

His main room is Robo now. Though the set is only 50% complete.

EDIT

Barry Scott, you coming? Gates are open and I added you back ;)

UberTag

added

edit: Cyrus just completed a Golden Man for me, lol. I'll give you the extra screen anyway
Much appreciated.

Wish I knew how you guys were stockpiling so many gold nuggets.
Even rotating village characters to get extra gem/bell rocks daily, I'm lucky if I amass more than 3 nuggets a week for Cyrus to work his magic with.

Are you doing some start/reset deal at the beginning of the day to get 3 gold nuggets daily from the extra rock/gem rock and resetting if you don't?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Much appreciated.

Even rotating village characters to get extra gem/bell rocks daily, I'm lucky if I amass more than 3 nuggets a week for Cyrus to work his magic with.
tumblr_mpudulI2EZ1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Sometimes one can be very lucky.

Linius

Much appreciated.

Are you doing some start/reset deal at the beginning of the day to get 3 gold nuggets daily from the extra rock/gem rock and resetting if you don't?

Wanna come pick up your balloon hat now I catch you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom