• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

Ok,so I have rocco moving out tomorrow (as long as he doesn't catch up to me - every time he sees me he does the ! - I'm starting to feel bad). I just want him out because he is annoying but I haven't read up on personality types or anything. I'll do that for my current villagers, but all I know is I have three cats and two rabbits so I don't want another one of those.

How does this all work? How long do I have between him moving out and someone else moving in? And how do I persuade someone else from another town to come (what's the timing involved here)?

I'm not sure how the game determines how the villagers will move.
Because according to my recent readings, villagers who have recently moved were characters bases encountered a start of the game. Ex : my Cube who moved yesterday.
A lot of people said to not talk to villagers but it will be soon 2 weeks that I started to ignore Canberra. Maybe, she will move next week because Cube already moved this week ?

Another player can convince a villager pretty easely to move to his town when the villager packed his stuff.
Ex : that's what happened to my Cube, Poltergust from Gaf came to my town, talked to Cube and the moment Poltergust left the town Cube already left my town.
Though, his house was only removed the next day.

I think you get you new neighboor during the same week when your villager moved out.
Since I got a camper right the day that Cube house was removed.
But I've read that futur villager can move directly in your town even with a campsite.
Fortunally it didn't happen for me at the moment.

Wolfe

Yep. I've tried that for hours. Never got one suggestion. I have no items, no bells, I wait in the ocean (I'm doing so right now), then I walk around until someone does the "BING!". When I talk to them, it's always about something dumb, like, changing a catchphrase, or whatever.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm just crazy unlucky. I have at least 150 hours into this game. Probably more. I should have had something by now, I feel.

After reading this I'd say just forget about public works for a few days or something, it seems like it's gotten to the point where you're focusing on it too much and therefore anything less than a new public works is going to be a disappointment to you.

It honestly just sounds like you're having bad luck with it at the moment.

At least that's my opinion, just trying to help.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I seem to have gotten to the point where I just get one request a day naturally. Maybe because things like greetings and catchphrases and even nicknames (though a third one is slowly going to make its way around my villagers) have been dealt with that the game feels its time to pump out the requests.

matt360

I'll hit 200 hours either tonight or tomorrow and I still haven't seen Saharah. I think my game is messed up. I have used the police station and the megaphone every day to try and find her, but nothing. On the other hand, I've seen Redd probably 7 or 8 times since June 9th, and Katrina 5 times.

Tash

I'll hit 200 hours either tonight or tomorrow and I still haven't seen Saharah. I think my game is messed up. I have used the police station and the megaphone every day to try and find her, but nothing. On the other hand, I've seen Redd probably 7 or 8 times since June 9th, and Katrina 5 times.

Where do you see hours played?

Wolfe

Randomly occurring things will occur randomly, I've seen Sahara 3 times now, Redd I've seen once, and Katrina twice.

Garland7G

I think Rocco is Cranky type. And he's not annoying.

Yeah he's a cranky type and I already have one (elvis) and he's pretty cool. I just need to find another villager quick as I'm about to be down to 8 and at that point nook will just by-pass the campsite and move anyone in.

Yeah he's a cranky type and I already have one (elvis) and he's pretty cool. I just need to find another villager quick as I'm about to be down to 8 and at that point nook will just by-pass the campsite and move anyone in.

So it is possible to have a villager move out when you have 9 villagers and a campsite?
I was never sure but I thought maybe you have to have a full town of 10 in order for villagers to move away.
Reason I thought this is because one of my villagers said he wanted to move away (I agreed with him) and he decided to stay anyway.

Wolfe

They can definitely decide to move out whenever, I had 9 with no one in the campsite and still had someone leave.

Garland7G

So it is possible to have a villager move out when you have 9 villagers and a campsite?
I was never sure but I thought maybe you have to have a full town of 10 in order for villagers to move away.
Reason I thought this is because one of my villagers said he wanted to move away (I agreed with him) and he decided to stay anyway.

It is very possible, I've had several villagers move and have yet to have a full 10 lol.

My wife took the 3DS with her to Comic Con this week. Hoping that when she gets back I have a shitload of streetpasses :D Fill my damn home showcase!

Linius

They can definitely decide to move out whenever, I had 9 with no one in the campsite and still had someone leave.

Yeah, I had seven villagers for a while. Now a new one reserved a spot. And I convinced my camper to come live here too so I'm going to be back at nine town folks.

The camper moving in is Vic btw, some awesome viking bull. If everything goes to plan I won't be needing Pascal for pirate themed items.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. Saharah gave me a rare flooring and walling this time. Usually I only get one or the other.

Music room wall and boxing-ring mat.

Linius

Wow. Saharah gave me a rare flooring and walling this time. Usually I only get one or the other.

Music room wall and boxing-ring mat.

Sweet, what does that music room wall look like? Sounds like something I'd like to hang on my walls in my music basement.

Oxx

I've got turnips @ 409 bells for less than 2 hours.

(If anybody is desperate to sell at this time on a Thursday, at an upper-medium price)

Linius

It's looks like a school music room. Not particularly "musical".

Here's a pic.

MuEC7Sx.gif

Megatron

My wife took the 3DS with her to Comic Con this week. Hoping that when she gets back I have a shitload of streetpasses :D Fill my damn home showcase!

Is she going to be constantly checking the streetpasses for you? Otherwise she'll bring it back and you'll only have 10 streetpasses since that's all it stores at a time.

I'll stick to my bug style. But if there's a wall with music notes on it or something like that I'd be interested.
Nothing like that. The closest would be the notebook wall, which could sorta serve as an empty score page. But for actual music notes, you'll have to make a custom pattern.

You could do ringside seating and set it up like a rock concert though. It's supposed to be a boxing/wrestling audience, but there is nothing in the wallpaper itself that indicates that, just a bunch of people in an arena watching something.

Linius

Nothing like that. The closest would be the notebook wall, which could sorta serve as an empty score page. But for actual music notes, you'll have to make a custom pattern.

You could do ringside seating and set it up like a rock concert though. It's supposed to be a boxing/wrestling audience, but there is nothing in the wallpaper itself that indicates that, just a bunch of people in an arena watching something.

The boxing wallpaper ain't so bad at all, maybe I'll set up a rock room once with a few guitars and a drum set in my dupe's house. My current musicroom has violions, a bass and all that stuff so I'm just going for something with notes. It won't be so hard to design something like that myself with a little help of that Japanese website.

Bulbasaur

Banned
If you keep pushing villagers till they get angry and hit them with the net untill they cry they'll eventually get the message and move out, right?

The boxing wallpaper ain't so bad at all, maybe I'll set up a rock room once with a few guitars and a drum set in my dupe's house. My current musicroom has violions, a bass and all that stuff so I'm just going for something with notes. It won't be so hard to design something like that myself with a little help of that Japanese website.
The harvest wall is a purple curtain, so maybe pair it with a classy looking wooden floor and you could do a symphony style room for the violins and stuff.

If you keep pushing villagers till they get angry and hit them with the net untill they cry they'll eventually get the message and move out, right?
No, it's completely random.

Is she going to be constantly checking the streetpasses for you? Otherwise she'll bring it back and you'll only have 10 streetpasses since that's all it stores at a time.

Aw, shit. Really? Man, that sucks.

I guess I can get like 10 a day at least. I'll talk to her tomorrow night and have her go to the plaza and let the people in and I guess use them for puzzle pieces.

I'm assuming she has to use the 10 before a new batch will arrive? Or at least to not avoid missing puzzle pieces or whatever.

Garland7G

supposedly, but I've had villagers who I talked to everyday, do all requests etc. ask to move out before those I "bullied".

Linius

I had some fun time with Vic in his tent btw. I sold him a bug for 36.000 something bells :p

EDIT

In other news, I exceeded the 300K on my first day with the HHA challenge. They have a special part of extererior for me apparently.

EDIT 2

It's such a bummer that so many stuff I have in my house (up to ten pieces I think) aren't trendy. I'm having a hard time removing everything from the house because I don't want it to be a mess. And I have to store it somewhere too :(

MicH

Peewee is moving out of Dewford tonight. Anyone want him?

It has to be within the next 2 hours or you'll have to wait 10 hours as I'll be off to work then.

tumblr_mq4ms1Cwyt1svgayqo1_400.jpg

I'm looking for a good path pattern for outside as I haven't gotten around to creating my paths yet. What do you guys use? I like the look of some of the ones on QRCrossing.

I'm stockpiling axes for landscaping after I get the gold watering can. Not touching anything until then

I think I have a good 20 or so in storage at the moment and have burnt through another 10-20. Thankfully Leif has stocked one almost every day because I'm gonna need every last one of them in a week or so.

Ended up with this monstrosity as my PWP suggestion for the day:
MwH8qmI.png

I have no idea why a pole with a lamp nailed on is more expensive than the fancy streetlights I already have all over town.

Tash

So last night's golden stag frenzy netted me over 500 000k bells from one box of island bugs. Loan paid off and my second fountain as well.

Since I was sick for two days I worked on reshaping my environment and laid a lot of paths. The only problem is that today my garden shop does not sell an axe but a stupid watering can :(

Could really use some silver tools but Redd is still nowhere to be seen and I think it's a bit to my fourth T&T upgrade.

I am really tempted to join in on all the trading and cataloguing but for now I am proud of having achieved everything on my own :p
With that said, I have a lot of duplicated Nintendo and normal items. Will make a list and give away things later tonight. No Wifi at work :)

Linius

I think I have a good 20 or so in storage at the moment and have burnt through another 10-20. Thankfully Leif has stocked one almost every day because I'm gonna need every last one of them in a week or so.

Ended up with this monstrosity as my PWP suggestion for the day:
MwH8qmI.png

I have no idea why a pole with a lamp nailed on is more expensive than the fancy streetlights I already have all over town.

That is pretty ugly indeed. I'm waiting for my tigress to suggest me modern streetlights. She already suggested the modern bench yesterday. I couldn't be happier.

Guess they weren't kidding when they said that Cyrus would make golden furniture at random. He made a 2nd golden screen and chair for me :/

Making my investment in purchased gold nuggets go to waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom