• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

So I read somewhere that the dirt that your town starts with is stuck like that together, and I'm thinking it's true because I've planted tons of flowers all over these spots and there isn't even a hint of grass growth. That kinda sucks.

SuperSah

Banned
So I read somewhere that the dirt that your town starts with is stuck like that together, and I'm thinking it's true because I've planted tons of flowers all over these spots and there isn't even a hint of grass growth. That kinda sucks.

Takes one full month of watering plants. Stupid, I know.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh I'd love that, if you have the time you can come by now since I'm opening up.

I have the green freestanding one

Anyone got a t-Rex tail?

Got my first perfect apple harvest and chopped down most of my normal apple trees and planted perfect ones (went through my stock of four axes). Need to clear five or so more trees so will need another axe or two, but will get there.

Not looking forward to the entire orchard withering and needing more axes :/ do perfect trees wither after a random number of harvests? So you end up chopping down a few each day rather than all at once?

Tash

You can get a dala horse in this game!?

That's something I mentioned I wanted in the "one month to go" thread. So awesome that it is a real item!

It's a little miniature horse you get from Gulliver, yeah. Pretty cute too :)

Lucky with Gulliver, got a big Statue of Liberty and the Ayers Rock (spelling?) too

Tash

Anyone got a t-Rex tail?

Got my first perfect apple harvest and chopped down most of my normal apple trees and planted perfect ones (went through my stock of four axes). Need to clear five or so more trees so will need another axe or two, but will get there.

Not looking forward to the entire orchard withering and needing more axes :/ do perfect trees wither after a random number of harvests? So you end up chopping down a few each day rather than all at once?

Three harvests I think

Elija2

Takes one full month of watering plants. Stupid, I know.

Fuuuuck that shit. I thought it would take maybe a week or two. Still, I should be seeing some progress, right? The fact that I'm not leads me to believe that the dirt sports that your town starts with are stuck like that. So now I'm wasting my time watering flowers on spots where grass can't grow.

Fuuuuck that shit. I thought it would take maybe a week or two. Still, I should be seeing some progress, right? The fact that I'm not leads me to believe that the dirt sports that your town starts with are stuck like that. So now I'm wasting my time watering flowers on spots where grass can't grow.

Ones you start with never go, ones that occur via wear can regrow (I'm starting to notice tiny patches regrowing now I've laid down paths and flower beds). However I'm not sure if patches where villager houses or projects once stood regrow, as mine certainly haven't yet.

SuperSah

Banned

One month? Fuck off, Nintendo.

Yep, a month. Or even 6 months with no flowers. Have to ensure they're watered EVERY DAY.

You can only restore worn grass, not grass that was there by default.

Edit: I been at it for three weeks and not seen any small patches returning.

MicH

Reposting:

Peewee the cranky gorilla is still UP for GRABS! He's moving TODAY so if you want him let me know ASAP!

tumblr_mq4ms1Cwyt1svgayqo1_400.jpg

hiro4

Anyone got a t-Rex tail?

Not 100% sure but I do believe I have the tail.
Since I'm off to bed now I cant check or give it to you but I'll check in the morning if you still want it.

I have 4 inventory slots filled with fossils so if you need something else just say so.

RedSwirl

So I just tried this on a rental for a couple hours, and I might buy this game eventually, but not now. I'm afraid to start it before I've finished up Fire Emblem, SMTIV, NSMB2, Layton, and everything else on my 3DS backlog.

It's basically a Facebook cow clicker that actually has an engaging control scheme and UI. Within maybe 45 minutes I saw the addiction event horizon and decided to bail out for now.

Hope you like it. I have over 200 hours and don't feel remotely bored yet.

I am at 219 hours. I don't even think I've scratched the surface.

So I just tried this on a rental for a couple hours, and I might buy this game eventually, but not now. I'm afraid to start it before I've finished up Fire Emblem, SMTIV, NSMB2, Layton, and everything else on my 3DS backlog.

Animal Crossing isn't so addicting that it stops you from playing anything else. I'm playing through Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion at the same time. They're perfect games to complement AC.

lies. I've hardly played FE, DKCR, MH or MK7 ever since AC.

/addict.

I feel that once I've done everything for the day, I have no interest in playing until tomorrow. I clocked 12 hours once when I was farming for beetles in my early days, but I wasn't let that gonna happen again.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Got the silver badge for inviting people over. How many is that, 200? What's the gold one, anyone know offhand?

Also please don't make me check my time guys

LOL Sparro just gave me a trash bin

The same one he tried to sell me earlier. Glad I said no :p

milkham

Finally got it
wT3HyPJ.jpg

At the record store with Carlos
EicLXVG.jpg

This birthday party is hoppin
pOryvS8.jpg

There's only 2 of us here Gaston
ATAKyt0.jpg

I... just met you yesterday
EFzBmYI.jpg

Yes... yes you are
cXsIfIF.jpg

Attacks
KwS1hwv.jpg
Q09ujbi.jpg

So SMTIV's arrival has truly challenged my commitment to my town, but AC wins out in the end. Not a day goes by where I don't devote at least an hour to it.

GAMERG0D

From June 2013 NPD Nintendo PR:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf sold more than 505,000 combined physical and digital units in June. More than 20 percent of these sales were through the Nintendo eShop, the second-highest ratio behind only Fire Emblem Awakening. Nintendo’s internal trackers show that sales of the game continue to be strong in July as well, indicating that Animal Crossing: New Leaf is poised to be one of the biggest games of the summer.
Go AC!

Is there a faster way to pattern up your town than just going into the pattern menu, hitting "Display on Ground," and then moving forward a square? I wanna put a pretty brick path through my town but it's gonna take a long time at the rate this thing is going.

Further question: will fossils/gyroids ever spawn beneath patterns?

Koren

Coelacanth: check. Since it was raining hard, I fished for half an hour and found one quite easily.

Scorpion: still haven't seen a single one after countless hours. Haven't seen a tarentula either in two weeks. I hope the flowers/trees are not preventing them to appear -_-'

Getting plently of awful PWP, these days, too (roadsign today, pipes yesterday, totem two days before...)

Only need two fossils to complete my collection so I figured I'd post here to see if anyone was up for a trade.

Have:
Parasaur Torso
Peking Man
Coprolite
Apato Tail
Archelon Torso

Want:
Ankylo Torso
Megacero Torso

Koren

Is there a faster way to pattern up your town than just going into the pattern menu, hitting "Display on Ground," and then moving forward a square? I wanna put a pretty brick path through my town but it's gonna take a long time at the rate this thing is going.
You can at least put six (or nine) of them without moving. The order is always the same:
- under your feet
- in front of you
- front-left*
- front-right*
- left*
- right*
- behind-left*
- behind-right*
- behind

* the order left/right depend on your exact position, but is the same for the three couple of positions.

If you're doing a path that is 2 patterns wide, the best solution is to look at 90°, you can put six panels from a single position. I don't think you can do any better.

It's not so long, one or two hours and your town will be completed. The problem is if you need several characters to hold the patterns, each time you remove one of them by mistake, it's a chore to replace.

Further question: will fossils/gyroids ever spawn beneath patterns?
Almost sure they can't (especially since I believe that they've encoded this as a "one item per tile", pattern being an item, and marks on the ground also, and that's the reason that you can't drop an item on a pattern).

But I don't know how the generation works, with a high number of patterns, the game could decide not giving you your four fossils (obviously, if you cover everything, it couldn't even do it).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I was on day 6 of having perfect town, and now suddenly the towns people say they want more public works projects. Build a garbage can and a fire hydrant and they're still not happy.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Oh come on filthy animals... Only one bell left for the flower clock fund! Surely one of you can contribute SOMETHING!

And a couple days ago I posted this:
Dx0tHQf.jpg

But Chrissy just doesn't listen.
50O9KNO.jpg

SmithnCo

Oh come on filthy animals... Only one bell left for the flower clock fund! Surely one of you can contribute SOMETHING!

Animals donations really are useless, lol. For big projects they should at least donate 5k a day.

They won't donate but Bianca was able to pull 12k out for a coelecanth I had the other day. Bunch of money-grubbers.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Taught somebody on the island how to beetle hunt and hooked them up with some bells with no strings attached, yet I'm still tripping. You'd think the good karma would counteract that shit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom