• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Giant Dragonfly tour! YESSSSSS. Buying all Cabana stuff!

lol. That one gets you a ton (especially with other people if you get first) but it's too long for my tastes :p

On another note, Katrina in Simmer_E's town told me to wear a basic top to get rid of my bad luck. After looking through my stuff, I literally had nothing that fit that. So I go to retail and see...a big dot tank :( sigh. I'm wearing it, and it looks awful. Fuckin luck sucks.

Edit: Ooooh wait, HHA tee shirt works! Whew.

You can at least put six (or nine) of them without moving. The order is always the same:
- under your feet
- in front of you
- front-left*
- front-right*
- left*
- right*
- behind-left*
- behind-right*
- behind

* the order left/right depend on your exact position, but is the same for the three couple of positions.

If you're doing a path that is 2 patterns wide, the best solution is to look at 90°, you can put six panels from a single position. I don't think you can do any better.

It's not so long, one or two hours and your town will be completed. The problem is if you need several characters to hold the patterns, each time you remove one of them by mistake, it's a chore to replace.
This is much faster! Thanks. Now I just have to sacrifice a bunch of pattern slots. My poor custom clooooothes :(

Pachimari

So I don't have the 3-person icon on my touchscreen - how can I make my friends "best friends" then?

And how can I open and close the gates?

MicH

lol. That one gets you a ton (especially with other people if you get first) but it's too long for my tastes :p

On another note, Katrina in Simmer_E's town told me to wear a basic top to get rid of my bad luck. After looking through my stuff, I literally had nothing that fit that. So I go to retail and see...a big dot tank :( sigh. I'm wearing it, and it looks awful. Fuckin luck sucks.

Edit: Ooooh wait, HHA tee shirt works! Whew.
Yeah, Scavenger is best, but not available :(

OIH RED WETSUIT!

SmithnCo

So I don't have the 3-person icon on my touchscreen - how can I make my friends "best friends" then?

And how can I open and close the gates?

I think that icon only appears when you're online with someone else. When it appears, tap it and tap the heart icon next to someone's name.

To open and close the gates talk to the monkey in the train station.

Finally have an open spot in my village, so anyone with villagers moving away please post them.

I've got a lead on someone I really want, but I'm not sure if it will work out yet so I'm weighing my options.

Wait, blue alpaca guy can go back to sleep??! I never used him before but today I finally off loaded my turnips so I can have storage again and when I moved all my duplicate fossils back off of my lawn I saw that I had two complete sets. I figured I'd make some mini-fossils but when I got to Re-tail his lazy ass was asleep again. How do I wake him back up or is this just a random occurrence?

Niraj

Wait, blue alpaca guy can go back to sleep??! I never used him before but today I finally off loaded my turnips so I can have storage again and when I moved all my duplicate fossils back off of my lawn I saw that I had two complete sets. I figured I'd make some mini-fossils but when I got to Re-tail his lazy ass was asleep again. How do I wake him back up or is this just a random occurrence?

If your gates are open, he'll be asleep

Roto13

So flowers won't make my grass grow unless I water them?

Eh. Even with my gold watering can, that's too much of a hassle. Think I might get rid of a lot of these flowers and switch away from Beautiful Town.

My grass keeps deteriorating even though I'm not running, anyway.

Marvie_3

Banned
Finally have an open spot in my village, so anyone with villagers moving away please post them.

I've got a lead on someone I really want, but I'm not sure if it will work out yet so I'm weighing my options.
I finally found someone who has Scoot moving in a couple days. Now I just need to hope nobody moves in before then.

I've got the park clock and the flower clock in town, so what does Kitty think our town really needs? A modern clock of course. *sigh* Try again tomorrow I suppose.

SmithnCo

Eh. Even with my gold watering can, that's too much of a hassle. Think I might get rid of a lot of these flowers and switch away from Beautiful Town.

I've pretty much gotten rid of all my flowers except for hybrids and switched back to Night Owl. A lot easier to manage and easier to see how many hybrids I get each day.

By the way, if anyone wants to trade black tulips, lillies, or cosmos for black roses, I have a lot of black roses.

SuperSah

Banned

Must water them. It takes a whole month.

I finally found someone who has Scoot moving in a couple days. Now I just need to hope nobody moves in before then.
That's the same situation I'm in. Somebody has offered me someone I reeeeeeeeeeeally want, but they don't move until Sunday. So I'm praying no random villager moves in between now and then.

But if someone else has someone that I want right now, it might be better to take the safer route. Hmmmmmmmmm...

SuperSah

Banned
How the hell do you catch the bees? Keep getting stung. I just started yesterday but was wondering when do i get the opportunity to purchase art?

When you shake a hive, run away then open your menu with X. This'll pause bees, swap to your net in the menu, not by the D-Pad and you should easily swatt the bees.

Paintings appear when Redd visits town. Usually once a week, only on weekdays.

Niraj

Are you at 9? I don't think any can randomly move in if so. I had Elise move like 2 weeks ago, putting me at 9, and nobody else has moved in since.

When you shake a hive, run away then open your menu with X. This'll pause bees, swap to your net in the menu, not by the D-Pad and you should easily swatt the bees.

Paintings appear when Redd visits town. Usually once a week, only on weekdays.

Thanks for the info. One last question. Does the GAF community have meetups or something with new leaf? I understand only 4 people can get into a town and we need to exchange friend codes and all that, but does going into other people's town get me items for my own town? Sorry for the noob questions, this is the first time i've ever played animal crossing and i regret not getting into it sooner. Really addicted to this game lol

milkham

Are you at 9? I don't think any can randomly move in if so. I had Elise move like 2 weeks ago, putting me at 9, and nobody else has moved in since.

i was at 9 and got a 10th move in without me doing anything (not a campsite visitor or someone i grabbed voluntarily at another town) I got them to leave and then had one day of 9 villagers before the 10th moved in on his own

SuperSah

Banned
Thanks for the info. One last question. Does the GAF community have meetups or something with new leaf? I understand only 4 people can get into a town and we need to exchange friend codes and all that, but does going into other people's town get me items for my own town? Sorry for the noob questions, this is the first time i've ever played animal crossing and i regret not getting into it sooner. Really addicted to this game lol

Meetups? I'm not too sure about.

Going to people's town essentially means you're just playing single player with friends. They can give you items by dropping on the floor, you can buy from their stores, so yes, you can get items for yourself, no problem whatsoever!

Trust me, more you play, more sense it'll make. :)

Niraj

i was at 9 and got a 10th move in without me doing anything (not a campsite visitor or someone i grabbed voluntarily at another town) I got them to leave and then had one day of 9 villagers before the 10th moved in on his own

Hmm weird. I wonder what triggers it?

Random question, but did you streetpass anyone?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I got my 10th villager by getting a visitor's coffee purchase correct at The Roost. Once you've worked there enough, you'll start getting random visitors to buy from you, not just your townspeople.

edit: Apologies, but this might have been my ninth villager, not tenth. I had two move in right near each other, and I can't remember who was first.

Niraj

I got my 10th villager by getting a visitor's coffee purchase correct at The Roost. Once you've worked there enough, you'll start getting random visitors to buy form you, not just your townspeople.

Wow, really? Damn, I guess I should be careful who I help out then! Had Freckles today :/ that would be unfortunate.

Garland7G

It does work. Was proven by JP players and the official guide states it. Was also one told about on a AC video.
ahh ok, it just seems like my ground is going to dirt around flowers since I water them everyday ;)
thx for this tip, I've been trying to catch a normal bee for awhile, but I was going after the wrong bugs I guess, never thought to catch the swarm, I usually just run away from them ha!

SuperSah

Banned
ahh ok, it just seems like my ground is going to dirt around flowers since I water them everyday ;)

thx for this tip, I've been trying to catch a normal bee for awhile, but I was going after the wrong bugs I guess, never thought to catch the swarm, I usually just run away from them ha!

Yeah, my grass is hardly returning too, but I can see slight improvements in areas.

I got my 10th villager by getting a visitor's coffee purchase correct at The Roost. Once you've worked there enough, you'll start getting random visitors to buy from you, not just your townspeople.
Really? That's scary.

I just perfected some random's order today, and I definitely don't want her. If she's in my town tomorrow, I will be very sad.

Narras

Thank you for sharing this information. A random visitor came by and was pretty happy with her order. I really hope she doesn't move in.

Garland7G

hmm, I'm going to try this and keep resetting until I find a decent villager lol.

Elija2

Yes... yes you are
cXsIfIF.jpg

HAHAHA, that's cruel.

Pate is moving out of my town on the 23rd. She's a peppy duck.

Do they give you an option to stop them from moving in? Or at least a warning? Or do they just show up one day saying "Hey I liked your coffee so I'm moving in"? That would suck if you got some ugly animal's order perfect by pure chance and they decided to move in.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Do they give you an option to stop them from moving in? Or at least a warning? Or do they just show up one day saying "Hey I liked your coffee so I'm moving in"? That would suck if you got some ugly animal's order perfect by pure chance and they decided to move in.

No warning. One day Egbert moved in and it was a few days after I served him coffee. I can't remember if he was the first visitor I served or the second...

Now that I think of it, he might have been my ninth... He and Punchy moved in over the course of two or three days, and I can't remember who was first...

Pate is moving out of my town on the 23rd. She's a peppy duck.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass.

No warning. One day Egbert moved in and it was a few days after I served him coffee. I can't remember if he was the first visitor I served or the second...

Now that I think of it, he might have been my ninth... He and Punchy moved in over the course of two or three days, and I can't remember who was first...
Did he say anything about you serving him? It might be coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom