• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

tumblr_mq6jcsRtD01rf96tno1_400.jpg

tumblr_mq6jeiWscl1rf96tno1_400.jpg

tumblr_mq6jh1mmS31rf96tno1_400.jpg

Shit Bubbles, get it together.

MarkusRJR

So my 3DS just died in a freak accident and hit the pavement. The top screen is fucked up really bad (flickers on and off every few seconds and has weird lines all over it), but other than that (and the shoulder buttons being snapped off) it's functional. I'm thinking about waiting till North America gets an all white 3DS, XL or normal. At the same time though I really want to play Animal Crossing and get Pokémon on release. I'm thinking of buying an Animal Crossing 3DS XL off ebay for $350 since I hate the current XL colors with a passion. I loooove everything Animal Crossing (I have a collection of sealed AC games ffs) but that price is steep. I'm just worried during the wait for a white 3DS my 3DS will die on it's own, leaving my hundreds of dollars in eShop games deep in the ether that is Nintendo's digital distribution hell.

I dunno. Should I wait for what could be years for a white 3DS, buy the AC XL, or do something else? Advice anyone?

tetsuoFI

Thanks a bunch Mekere! Didn't yet get a picture but now I have spare perfect fruits at the ready when the next hard request appears. Very cool town you had, I need to visit again and take pictures. Gaf is an awesome place!

Wolfe

Yes I know that, I want the fruits for villager requests to get the villager pictures.

Do you know anyone that's actually gotten a picture from this type of request? I only ask cause I've been asked a few times now for perfect fruit from my villagers but each time it's just resulted in a normal reward. It wasn't perfect fruit from my own town either since I've yet to grow any lol.

Edit: I looked around and I guess it is possible, just no more likely than any of the other hard requests apparently.

Debs

Do you know anyone that's actually gotten a picture from this type of request? I only ask cause I've been asked a few times now for perfect fruit from my villagers but each time it's just resulted in a normal reward. It wasn't perfect fruit from my own town either since I've yet to grow any lol.

Yes it does work, but it's random it's not 100% each time.

Chaos17

I know a french player who got a villager picture after he gone fishing for him. :p

Wolfe

Edited before I refreshed and saw your guys posts, take that.

I know a french player who got a villager picture after he gone fishing. :p

Well yeah I got my only picture from a fishing request, I just hadn't heard that perfect fruit requests could also get you one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have the small crown for sale, but it'd put me pretty low on bells. Don't suppose anyone wants to buy my big crown to help me fund the small one? I'd let you catalogue the small one too.

I have an odd desire to wear the small crown along with princess daisy's dress...

Mekere

Thanks a bunch Mekere! Didn't yet get a picture but now I have spare perfect fruits at the ready when the next hard request appears. Very cool town you had, I need to visit again and take pictures. Gaf is an awesome place!

Thanks for your kind words! My town is far from being complete at the moment, especially with my big hybridization study project, but you're welcome to visit whenever you want! My dream town is up-to date too :)

rpmurphy

I have some perfect cherries and don't really need anything in exchange. My FC is 4640-0003-5320
Hey, one of my friends wants a perfect cherry at some point. I can't go online right now, but can we meet up some other time to get one from you? I can exchange for perfect apples. My FC is in my profile, and I'll add you later.

Thanks!

Linius

Still looking out for a re-tail that is buying perfect pears, let me know :)

Also, I just ordered the metal door (trendy). Is it still possible to go to someone elses town and place an order with a foreign Nook so that I can buy it my own Nook the next day?

If I can I'm looking for a metal mailbox (or any other trendy one). And I'll need a trendy exterior and a trendy roof.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/House_Customization

This seems to be a good guide to see what's what.

It seems the town of El Hamra is the source of my current rodent infestation.

JfTJ2EG.jpg

Due to this infestation I have enacted Operation Rat Trap in order to combat it.

jN9oWsP.jpg
kXpJA6F.jpg

hSROauy.jpg
zZCDP9H.jpg

And I WILL force this rodent out of my town by any means necessary.

Tash

It seems the town of El Hamra is the source of my current rodent infestation.

JfTJ2EG.jpg

Due to this infestation I have enacted Operation Rat Trap in order to combat it.

jN9oWsP.jpg
kXpJA6F.jpg

hSROauy.jpg
zZCDP9H.jpg

And I WILL force this rodent out of my town by any means necessary.

hahaha
What did the poor guy do to you that you hate him so much?

hahaha
What did the poor guy do to you that you hate him so much?

1: Move into my town without me ever speaking to him.
2: Took up the slot I had reserved for a really cool villager that was leaving a friends town a couple of days later.
3: Require multiple resets to stop him parking his house right in the middle of my paths or in my planned garden area.
4: Subsequently end up parking his house right where I had forced out Charlise to place a public work which I'd been planning since first getting the game.
5: Exist.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
1: Move into my town without me ever speaking to him.
2: Took up the slot I had reserved for a really cool villager that was leaving a friends town a couple of days later.
3: Require multiple resets to stop him parking his house right in the middle of my paths or in my planned garden area.
4: Subsequently end up parking his house right where I had forced out Charlise to place a public work which I'd been planning since first getting the game.
5: Exist.

how did you do the resets thing? Does the house just show up on the title screen and you reset if you don't like it? or just load the game and reset without saving?

Philia

how did you do the resets thing? Does the house just show up on the title screen and you reset if you don't like it? or just load the game and reset without saving?

In the title screen you can see the move in spot, that's when you create a new character and try to reset the location or keep creating the mule character to get the random villager you want.

I think that's how it works... its a shame that this method doesn't reset the hybrid spawns...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Anybody wanna open their gates to allow Katie in, please?

I wonder what happens if you take Katie to a town that already has a Katie in it!

In the title screen you can see the move in spot, that's when you create a new character and try to reset the location or keep creating the mule character to get the random villager you want.

I think that's how it works... its a shame that this method doesn't reset the hybrid spawns...

Not quite, you have to start up a new save at the start of a day when you are expecting a villager to move in. If you don't like the location (or the villager), exit to the 3DS home menu and try again. If you load an existing character it seems to save a tiny bit of info so the house location will always be set in stone, but the game doesn't save anything to a new file until you get to the forced save point. That's how you can manipulate the villager (if it isn't set in stone), and their house location.

Anybody wanna open their gates to allow Katie in, please?

I wonder what happens if you take Katie to a town that already has a Katie in it!
Sure, I'll open up my gates. And what happens is she'll drop her ticket and not board the train, but will send you a letter later.

Wolfe

Still looking out for a re-tail that is buying perfect pears, let me know :)

Also, I just ordered the metal door (trendy). Is it still possible to go to someone elses town and place an order with a foreign Nook so that I can buy it my own Nook the next day?

If I can I'm looking for a metal mailbox (or any other trendy one). And I'll need a trendy exterior and a trendy roof.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/House_Customization

This seems to be a good guide to see what's what.

That's exactly how it works, think it's limited though in some way (like you can only order one thing per town, or maybe it's one per day?)

Linius

That's exactly how it works, think it's limited though in some way (like you can only order one thing per town, or maybe it's one per day?)

Hmmm, well in that case I'm on the look out for trendy exterior. Especially the metal mailbox to go with the door.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmmm, well in that case I'm on the look out for trendy exterior. Especially the metal mailbox to go with the door.

you can order as many as you like from your local nook, but you can only send one order from a faraway nook back to your town.

so eg I found two rustic exterior items in a friends town, I had to order one, go back to my town, buy it from nook, then go back to the friends town and order the second one, then return and pay for it.

so you can do everything in one day if you find the right stuff.

...and I have a metal mailbox if you want to come over.

btw, anyone want to buy my royal crown for 600k? otherwise I'll probably just dump it at retail.

Linius

you can order as many as you like from your local nook, but you can only send one order from a faraway nook back to your town.

so eg I found two rustic exterior items in a friends town, I had to order one, go back to my town, buy it from nook, then go back to the friends town and order the second one, then return and pay for it.

so you can do everything in one day if you find the right stuff.

...and I have a metal mailbox if you want to come over.

btw, anyone want to buy my royal crown for 600k? otherwise I'll probably just dump it at retail.

Oh that would be great. Let me know when you open up. I already have your FC right?

Need to clear some stuff here first, deciding what to order because the mail comes in with 30 minutes :p

EDIT

Guys, who was it again that lives in Littabox and why do I have your stupid green bear living in my town? I never asked for this! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom