• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

can come over to me if you like too, in case Linius can't find it.

:_: I got 59 last time. So close. I kept getting pushed out of the way when I tried to sit in front of it - that usually worked on the other tiers.

Nah, the Modern Wood desk doesn't exist :p

He needs to find out what he's really missing now. I think he means the shelf.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Modern_Wood_Series

it seems I am only missing the desk

it is cool if you cannot find it

http://moridb.com/items/sets/modern-wood

Use this one ;)

The desk really doesn't exist.

Linius

how come they have a nice picture of it at that other link? o_O I want that diamond cut

Diamond cut is a customisation I believe. But please believe me, there's no such thing as a Modern Wood Desk in this game :p

If you would have checked it out before you left you could have completed your set by now. Every regular set totals at 13 pieces, so just find out what you really miss now. My gates are closed now though, time for some sleep. Thanks for coming over anyways :)

vos.png

I'm watching you Gaf. Visitor count coming along nicely.

Diamond cut is a customisation I believe. But please believe me, there's no such thing as a Modern Wood Desk in this game :p

If you would have checked it out before you left you could have completed your set by now. Every regular set totals at 13 pieces, so just find out what you really miss now. My gates are closed now though, time for some sleep. Thanks for coming over anyways :)

vos.png

I'm watching you Gaf. Visitor count coming along nicely.

lol okay :)

Elija2

What's up with villagers asking to visit your house but then not showing up? I hear it happens when you go online, but all I did was shut the game off and turn it back on before the scheduled time. I look outside and find Bob and he tells me he forgot. Fucker stood me up.

What's up with villagers asking to visit your house but then not showing up? I hear it happens when you go online, but all I did was shut the game off and turn it back on before the scheduled time. I look outside and find Bob and he tells me he forgot. Fucker stood me up.

They're more consistent than real people at least.

Stat!

...Uhh wait a sec - I was reading the AC subreddit when someone recommended to save some bugs for tomorrow. Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts? How should I prep for the bug off? Reading some guides, it sounds like I should aim for a few pieces of furniture?

Chaos17

Just got this game, my first Animal Crossing game. Loving it so far, but a few questions:

- Can I plant a tree near a cliff? There's still space to walk around the entire tree. I'm just planting a perfect peach and want to make sure it actually grows.
Remember this rule for every tree or bush, be sure to have one square betewenn your tree/bush and the buildings/cliff/tree.
I think bush can be planted next to another bush without worry.

- Just found some silver ore. Wat do? Really early in the game ATM. Should I just sell it to Re-tail or is there something else I can do with it?
Ore are for dying/painting some furnitures to the color of the ore.

- What are pitfall seeds for?
Nothing, just to make prank.

- Can I get more storage space than 3 letters x 10 slots x 6 pages?
No unless you make a new character or unlock the second floor of the museum wich will have some empty rooms.

I suggest you to check the links in the first pages, you may discover some more usefull information.

Sorry for my bad english.

SmithnCo

...Uhh wait a sec - I was reading the AC subreddit when someone recommended to save some bugs for tomorrow. Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts? How should I prep for the bug off? Reading some guides, it sounds like I should aim for a few pieces of furniture?

Save as many bugs as possible, and try to submit them from smallest to largest to maximize your prizes. You can also bring big bugs to other towns and get prizes for beating their high score.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Damn

Judy found the Tropical Vista. 100 medals and ELITE ORE HUNT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO PLAY. WHY

Yeah I hear you dude. I've been passing all that shit up. I'd be fine with just cataloging it and being done with it lol

Stat!

Save as many bugs as possible, and try to submit them from smallest to largest to maximize your prizes. You can also bring big bugs to other towns and get prizes for beating their high score.

Smallest to largest in size? And what submitting them gets me a piece of furniture? So they goal is to submit like 20 bugs before hitting the biggest one so no one else can beat my score?

SmithnCo

Smallest to largest in size? And what submitting them gets me a piece of furniture? So they goal is to submit like 20 bugs before hitting the biggest one so no one else can beat my score?

Basically, beating your previous high score gets you furniture. So, you don't want to submit your biggest bugs first because your score will get harder to beat.

kingmozo9

Banned
guys i want your honest opinion

i bought this game today because i know how popular and addictive it seemed to be

having played this game 2 hours i really don't understand all the hype... am i being impatient and should i just ride it out longer as the game clearly is made to be a timesink or is it the case of, if i dont like it now i wont ever like it... :((

dids anyone else not really understand the hype and then it grew on them? its frustrating to not see the appeal of something insanely popular :p

Stat!

Basically, beating your previous high score gets you furniture. So, you don't want to submit your biggest bugs first because your score will get harder to beat.

Right. Thanks for the help. Is it possible to keep submitting bugs one after the other then? Like should I show up with Nat with 15 bugs, each in incremental order beating my old score repeatedly before giving Nat a giant bug to win the whole thing? Seems rather easy just thinking about it as long as I prepare for the contest.

SmithnCo

Right. Thanks for the help. Is it possible to keep submitting bugs one after the other then? Like should I show up with Nat with 15 bugs, each in incremental order beating my old score repeatedly before giving Nat a giant bug to win the whole thing? Seems rather easy just thinking about it as long as I prepare for the contest.

Yep, you can just hand them over all at once, there isn't a time limitation.

Stat!

guys i want your honest opinion

i bought this game today because i know how popular and addictive it seemed to be

having played this game 2 hours i really don't understand all the hype... am i being impatient and should i just ride it out longer as the game clearly is made to be a timesink or if i dont is it the case of if i dont like it now i wont ever like it...

dids anyone else not really understand the hype and then it grew on them? its frustrating to not see the appeal of something insanely popular :p

The game is a slow burn. Expecting instant gratification, especially at the beginning, will not happen. The beginning can be a bit frustrating as you feel like you're waiting, and not doing. In fact, it takes a few days before you can start doing things to custom your town, socialize, etc. But after that, its' incredibly fun. Maybe not for everybody, but fun.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I guess I should get this Treasure Chest as well. Kinda boring for 50 medals lol
Wow it really is. When I first read the name on a list of island shop stuff I imagined an open chest bursting full of treasures.

One can only hope it's like the briefcase and can be opened.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Wow it really is. When I first read the name on a list of island shop stuff I imagined an open chest bursting full of treasures.

One can only hope it's like the briefcase and can be opened.

It can be opened :)

Oxx

I just grabbed some beetles from the island for tomorrow.

Is the golden stag likely to be the big point-winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom